Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Nautican Amphitheatre

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Paxia Clans >> Nautica >> RE: The Nautican Amphitheatre
Page 11 of 15«<910111213>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/1/2009 18:25:45   
Hyrdocannon47

I have come back!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 251
2/3/2009 19:17:42   
Fishtank

I'm back as well. I'll work on getting the level tracking system back up, if not tomorrow than later this week.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 252
2/3/2009 20:15:05   
Hyrdocannon47

I got up the operation thread, however, I don't see enough reason yet to throw in the Mentor/Student Thread quite yet as we don't have enough members.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 253
2/5/2009 3:41:28   
DigDog

Woah, I didn't expect to see the Fish here ever again.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 254
2/8/2009 4:17:33   
bm_dude1793

back in action!
AQ  Post #: 255
4/3/2009 14:13:19   
Day Malrone

Also back!
AQ  Post #: 256
4/4/2009 4:25:34   
dancemyminions

Ooo, more oldbies.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 257
4/8/2009 0:57:12   
J_bn

Back for a little bit. enjoy me while I'm here :P
AQ DF  Post #: 258
4/8/2009 22:47:14   
Hyrdocannon47

Wah! Hello again peoples! Yayzors, everyone is coming back! Next thing you know LoI and Ioci will be back too. Anyhow, everyone who's new, welcome!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 259
5/4/2009 13:28:48   
Blot

I am also back. Shame Nautica became inactive.
Post #: 260
5/7/2009 9:34:53   
maximillious

LOL agreed Blot ,it has become a ghost town here, Welcome back !
AQ  Post #: 261
7/18/2009 6:57:07   
ShadowLurks
The lurking shadow

I'll bring it back! As of today, I'm your Paxia AK. ;)
AQ  Post #: 262
7/20/2009 21:05:27   
Lkeas

I think this place (the Amphitheatre) is the PERFECT forum for discussing ideas for how to bring our clan back to life! Let's throw out ideas, have debates, and get this place moving again! I know I haven't been active here for a long while, so I want to get involved and help get our watery home back on track. How can we attract people to post here?

Here's some of my thoughts:

Revamp the =Nautica Artwork Comments Thread= to look more like the Coral Reef gallery, and attract budding young Nauticartists to post there! DONE

Where is our strategy thread?! Bring it back!

Salty is starving! We gotta figure out how to feed him!

Bring back the Cave of Canu'r Delyn? Philosophical question of the week! Because Nauticans are all deep thinkers and such :)

What are your suggestions?
AQ DF  Post #: 263
7/20/2009 22:13:59   
Sornor

Strategy? Do you mean the strategy guide that Genoclysm/macer was managing? That's a pretty heavy load, I'd be glad to make small contributions but nothing substantial enough to run the guide.

We can revive Salty once the Core piece thingy-ma-bobber (which our clan failed to name sadly) comes into play. We'll make it so he grows as our Core grows.

If I start thinking (and thus start writing again) I'd be glad to join in on the Cave of Canu'r Delyn.

I have no strategy to reviving Nautica at all, I'm running blanks =(. I do think that the philosophy questions will at least give Nauticans something to do on a regular basis though, I agree very much with reviving that.

< Message edited by Sornor -- 7/20/2009 22:15:28 >
AQ DF  Post #: 264
7/22/2009 14:40:15   
Lkeas

Ok well, now that Operation: Mussel Shell is underway, I think that can kind of count as a strategy thread, so I'll mark that as done. I think we could still find a way to feed Salty since it looks like our clan health inside the base is separate from the defense force. But maybe we'll focus on that once we've helped our defenses. Or like you said we could wait until the Core mechanism has been incorporated.

As for Geno's equipment guide, it would be cool to resurrect that again but you're right, that's a lot of work... maybe we can convince Geno to come back

Still trying to see if the Cave will be approved or removed. Anybody else have ideas? I think our big problem is getting forum members to visit the Nautica forum. I've changed my avy to hopefully give our efforts some visibility, but word of mouth will be a big factor. If you know Nauticans who have left to move on to other things, let them know we're working on reviving the base!
AQ DF  Post #: 265
8/22/2009 7:16:42   
Blot

Maybe we should bring the PF back. Since we can't really discuss anything in this forum it limits what we can post and therefore our activity.
Post #: 266
8/24/2009 16:11:23   
Lkeas

I'm not a big fan of the PFs, if only because it tends to alienate new members who are unfamiliar enough as it is with the official AE forums. Then we ask them to visit another forum all together? There are plenty of places within the AE forums where we can discuss and create Nautica-related threads. All we need is to link them all to our main forum here so we can spread out to the other sub-forums from a main hub. We've been trying to do that with Canu'r Delyn, but of course without clan member participation there would no activity there!

Something that might be fun to do with other clan members is form groups of Nauticans on other AE games. Have a hang-out spot in AQW, form a guild in DF (once guilds come out), etc. What do you guys think?
AQ DF  Post #: 267
8/25/2009 10:23:24   
Blot

Spreading into AQW would be good as many AQW players don't even play the other AE games yet, so we could snatch them up before the others do. Could we start AQW level tracking in Nautica or is that against the rules?
Post #: 268
10/13/2009 22:21:49   
Hyrdocannon47

Just as a note, don't expect to see me around too much now, I'll still stop by but little by little, Paxia is even more dead than last time I left. I'll be sure to notify you guys when I plan on leaving for good.

Viva a Nautica!

Stay true blue people.

~ Hydro
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 269
12/17/2009 20:35:39   
Prius

Yeah, I'm just going out an a limb here but, don't most clans have a cross-clan-comunications-esque thread?

Also, I'm going to see how well this goes over with my fellow Nauticans but, what does everyone say to maybe adding a war room? Okay, maybe war room isn't the best name... I'm thinking of just a general place to post about current clan wars instead of putting up a new war thread every time... it's probably a lost effort but what do us peace-lovers say?

And perhaps we should comission for more general equipment in the armory... it looks rather depressing compared to other clan's...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 270
1/4/2010 17:58:39   
Lkeas

I like the idea of a "room" thread where we can discuss clan wars, but you've got the right idea that Nauticans don't generally enjoy war. Maybe we should come up with a non-war name for it? But we're not necessarily pacifists either, in fact I think our main strategy was defense once upon a time. Perhaps something along those lines?
AQ DF  Post #: 271
3/16/2010 14:15:11   
birdy

Indeed defence was our main specialty back in the old days, we simply didn't believe in aggression :)

Although, I'm sortof out of ideas xD
AQ  Post #: 272
3/23/2010 12:03:37   
BecksMaster

"HELLO!"

I call out. But, I get no answer. My greetings answered only by echos, the faint sound of water dripping on stone, and whispers of the past in this once great hall.

Who could have built such a place? What happened to them? The statues spoke of a horrific war. And the small creatures (Moglin-Hobolis?), in their childlike way, also spoke of terrific destruction. But, where are the survivors? Is Nautica, nay, all of Paxia nothing but waste and ruin? Perhaps some pilgrimage has temporarily drawn everyone away? But, no, the cities are in too much disrepair and seem too long abandoned. To be sure, in my wanderings I've met the old leaders of these kingdoms, or "clans" as they call them. But, they all seem more ghostly now than real. Though once noble and powerful, they have become the feeble guardians of a legacy with no posterity to inherit it.

"HELLO!"

I call again; but, still no answer. Sadly, it seems all are gone. Nevertheless, I will stay a while. For now, it is peacful here and this great hall of the seas invites rest and retrospect. I will even defend Nautica against the occasional attacker; though, I do so mainly for the treasure I might take from a defeated enemy rather than in unselfish defence of any long forgotten philosophy or ideal.

"Hello ..."
AQ  Post #: 273
3/25/2010 20:44:25   
birdy

Y'know, that's a quite fitting description of how it is here nowadays.

Although I'm slightly curious as to the identities of these leaders you've spoken with :)

(by teh way, thanks alot, nearly gave me a tear by reminding me of how we used to be xD)
AQ  Post #: 274
3/26/2010 12:02:20   
BecksMaster

in the words of a great philosopher, "Thanks for noticing me."

"leaders"
I used poetic liscense here. I (finally) decided to join a clan, hoping to get more out of the AQ gaming experience. I "explored" Paxia, visited all of the in-game areas, and perused the forums of those that most interested me. So, I decided to join Nautica and introduced myself in the welcome forum. When I didn't see any response for a week, I thought I would post here in the Amphitheatre; since, there has been a little recent activity here.

Rather than start with a whiney post, "Why hasn't anybody said 'welcome' or 'hello'. This clan is dead. I'm going somewhere else." etc., I decided to have a little fun with it. Since this is an rpg, I imagined how my character might have felt and acted, and let him speak. By "leaders" I suppose I was thinking of the npc's, the mascots, that my character encountered in exploring Paxia, and how they might appear to him.

As far as me speaking with anyone, no, these posts are my first communication on the forums.
AQ  Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Paxia Clans >> Nautica >> RE: The Nautican Amphitheatre
Page 11 of 15«<910111213>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition