Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Programs Needed/Helpful for Traditional and Digital Art

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> Programs Needed/Helpful for Traditional and Digital Art
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/28/2007 23:27:10   
Pie Munchies

Alright so, I got tired of people asking "what program is needed for ___?" (and bored), so I decided to make this. I even made fun little letters! >:O

Anyway, if you have any programs you want to add or critique any of these descriptions please do so.
If you wish to suggest a program please use this format -

quote:

[b]Program Name:
What it's used for:
Program Cost:
Where it can be downloaded (optional):
Extras (Awards,Thoughts,Etc):[/b]

After Effects – A software made by Adobe for creating special effects in movies. Latest version costs about 1,000 dollars.

Acid Pro – An award winning software for making music. Costs around 500 dollars.

Blender 3D – A free 3D image-making program.

Camtasia Studio – A high-quality screen recording program. It costs $300. It can be downloaded from here

Camstudio – A free program used to record all screen and audio information currently being used on your computer. Can be downloaded from here

Cinescore – Another program used for creating music. Same makers as Acid Pro. Costs around 250 dollars.

Cinema 4D – A program used for making 3D images. It is often used for making abstract 3D renders used in various forms of digital art. Cost (?)

CorelDRAW – A program for used for mostly drawing, but can be used for graphic designs and editing. Costs $400.

Creative Suite 3 Web Premium – A program used for web-design and game-making. Costs $1600. Downloaded from
here

Creative Suite 3 Design Premium – A program used for graphic design. Costs $1800. Downloaded from here

Dream Weaver – A program designed by Adobe to create and edit websites already made by you. Most recent version costs around 400 dollars.

Flash – The most used program for online games. It enables you to code actionscripts, draw pictures and animate them. Most recent version costs around 700 dollars.

Fireworks – A program built for making images, such as buttons and other things for websites. It can also be used for image editing, but is not advised. Most recent version costs around 300 dollars.

The GIMP – Gimp is a free image editing program. It is commonly thought of as lesser to Photoshop, but it really doesn’t handicap you in many ways except for a few filters and layer settings.

Graphics Gale – A free program designed for professional sprite making and sprite animation. There is also a 20 dollar upgrade for it, which could be helpful.

Hyper Cam – Used to record your screen. Useful for creating game movies and editing other videos. Free.

Illustrator CS3 – A program used to create vectored images, letters and shapes. It is great for creating your own images for all forms of digital art. Costs $300. Can be downloaded from here

Inkscape – A free program used to create vector images.

Maya – An extremely powerful 3D image-making program. It also supports Python Script for game coding. Costs around $2,000.

Max, 3Ds (3Ds Max) – An expensive program used for creating 3D images and animations. Costs $3,495.

Paint.Net – A free program, that is similar to Photoshop and The GIMP. It has gained much acclaim over the internet and by its users. Like GIMP, it is thought lesser than Photoshop, but it only deprives you of a few layer settings and filters.

Photoshop CS3 – A highly advanced and used by many image-editing program. It is currently viewed as the best program of its kind by most people. It costs $650. Can be downloaded from here

Photoshop CS3 Extended – Just like normal Photoshop CS3, but it has a few more bells and whistles. It costs around $1000.

Photoshop Elements 6.0 – A image-editing program that is just like photoshop, but lacks many filters. Costs $100. Can be downloaded from here

Synfig – A free alternative to Adobe Flash. It is used to animate 2D vector images. Can be downloaded from here

WinRar – A program used to extract .rar files. Costs $30. Can be downloaded from here

< Message edited by Pie Munchies -- 11/6/2007 19:35:06 >
AQ  Post #: 1
10/29/2007 0:16:50   
Trip

Nice You Should Give Links Becuse People are still going to ask for links =P

Program Name:Adobe® Photoshop® CS3
What it's used for:

Adobe® Photoshop® CS3 software accelerates your path from imagination to imagery. Ideal for photographers, graphic designers, and web designers, the professional standard delivers new features such as automatic layer alignment and blending that enable advanced compositing. Live filters boost the comprehensive, nondestructive editing toolset for increased flexibility. And a streamlined interface and new timesaving tools make your work flow faster.
Program Cost: $649

Where it can be downloaded (optional): http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/photoshop/
Extras (Awards,Thoughts,Etc): used By Many GoCA's

< Message edited by Trip -- 10/29/2007 0:17:30 >
Post #: 2
10/29/2007 0:18:45   
Pie Munchies

Huh. . . I thought I added photoshop. o_O;;

*edits*

< Message edited by Pie Munchies -- 10/29/2007 0:19:05 >
AQ  Post #: 3
10/29/2007 0:47:35   
Trip

the Adobe Links are to The Page of The Program
and i thought to help get this going

Program Name:Adobe® Creative Suite® 3 Web Premium
What it's used for: Wed Design and Game Creating
Program Cost:$1,599
Where it can be downloaded (optional):http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/web/?promoid=RXDB
Extras (Awards,Thoughts,Etc): Costs Money for Trail download

Program Name:Adobe® Creative Suite® 3 Design Premium
What it's used for: graphic Designing
Program Cost:$1,799
Where it can be downloaded (optional):http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/design/?promoid=RXDB
Extras (Awards,Thoughts,Etc):Must Pay for trial

Program Name:HyperCam
What it's used for:To Record Screen
Program Cost:Free But has Name Of Program,$39.95 otherwise
Where it can be downloaded (optional):
Extras (Awards,Thoughts,Etc):

Program Name:WinRar
What it's used for:To Open .Rar Files and Regular Files
Program Cost:$29.00
Where it can be downloaded (optional):http://www.download.com/WinRAR/3000-2250_4-10745708.html?tag=lst-0-1
Post #: 4
10/29/2007 0:49:18   
Pie Munchies

Alright. I'm putting this last batch up then going to bed. >:D
AQ  Post #: 5
10/29/2007 17:33:05   
AND 1

Program Name: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended

What it's used for: Adobe® Photoshop® CS3 software accelerates your path from imagination to imagery. Ideal for photographers, graphic designers, and web designers, the professional standard delivers new features such as automatic layer alignment and blending that enable advanced compositing. Live filters boost the comprehensive, nondestructive editing toolset for increased flexibility. And a streamlined interface and new timesaving tools make your work flow faster.

Program Cost: $999 USD
Where it can be downloaded (optional): Adobe.com
Extras (Awards,Thoughts,Etc):It's like a normal Photoshop CS3, except it has more things added.

And to save you a little more trouble, heree's the code for the post. :D

[b]Program Name: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended

What it's used for: Adobe® Photoshop® CS3 software accelerates your path from imagination to imagery. Ideal for photographers, graphic designers, and web designers, the professional standard delivers new features such as automatic layer alignment and blending that enable advanced compositing. Live filters boost the comprehensive, nondestructive editing toolset for increased flexibility. And a streamlined interface and new timesaving tools make your work flow faster. 

Program Cost: $999 USD
Where it can be downloaded (optional): Adobe.com
Extras (Awards,Thoughts,Etc):It's like a normal Photoshop CS3, except it has more things added.[/b] 

Post #: 6
10/29/2007 19:07:41   
Krieg

Program Name: CamStudio
What it's used for: used to record all screen and audio information from your computer
Program Cost: Free
Where it can be downloaded (optional): Executable/ Zip Archive
Extras (Awards,Thoughts,Etc): Open-Source

I have about six more in mind that are free, but I don't think too many people here would be interested in them. Nice list btw.

A suggestion: put the company's name in front and organize it alphabetically by the company. It would just make things easier to manage in the future (aka group the Adobe software together).

Edit: Just noticed an annoying space messing up the URL. Even though it doesn't matter anymore, fixed.

< Message edited by Penndragon -- 10/29/2007 21:50:52 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 7
10/29/2007 20:06:57   
Sylvir

Program Name: Illustrator Cs3
What it's used for: Creating Vectored and Colored images,shapes, and letters.
Program Cost: 600 USD
Where it can be downloaded (optional): http://www.adobe.com/products/illustrator/
Extras (Awards,Thoughts,Etc): A great tool used to make shapes and patterns for tags.

Program Name: Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0
What it's used for: A photo-editing program, just like Photoshop except for the fact that it lacks many filters.
Program Cost: 100 USD
Where it can be downloaded (optional): http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopelwin/
Extras (Awards,Thoughts,Etc): A very affordable photo editing program, for those who don't have the extra money laying around for a top of the line one.

And heres the codes.

[b]Program Name: Illustrator Cs3
What it's used for: Creating Vectored and Colored images,shapes, and letters.
Program Cost: 600 USD
Where it can be downloaded (optional): http://www.adobe.com/products/illustrator/
Extras (Awards,Thoughts,Etc): A great tool used to make shapes and patterns for tags. [/b]

[b]Program Name: Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0
What it's used for: A photo-editing program, just like Photoshop except for the fact that it lacks many filters.
Program Cost: 100 USD
Where it can be downloaded (optional): http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopelwin/
Extras (Awards,Thoughts,Etc): A very affordable photo editing program, for those who don't have the extra money laying around for a top of the line one.[/b]

Great thread btw.

AQ DF  Post #: 8
10/29/2007 20:54:37   
Pie Munchies

Editing now. >:D

I might eventually do something with their company, or the category of what the program is in, but currently, I don't think that's necesarry in the early stages of this thread.

P.S. Thanks Sylvir. >:D

< Message edited by Pie Munchies -- 10/29/2007 21:07:21 >
AQ  Post #: 9
10/29/2007 21:45:42   
skyboy59

hm since you got winrar...

extractnow :D
www.extractnow.com
uncompress almost all files you'll need and its fast and simple
AQ  Post #: 10
10/29/2007 21:56:50   
Krieg

Format. ^^

Some people know me well enough to know that I am a stickler when it comes to organization. <_<

If you don't mind, I would like to reorganize this thread for you, Pie Munchies.

Program Name: Synfig
What it's used for: Free alternative to Adobe Flash. Used to animate 2D vector drawings.
Where it can be downloaded (optional): http://sourceforge.net/projects/synfig/
Extras (Awards,Thoughts,Etc): Open-Source
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 11
10/30/2007 18:26:29   
Pie Munchies

Sure. >:D

But I may just use it as an outline. Most likely I'll steal your version and not notify you. >:D
AQ  Post #: 12
11/5/2007 5:43:32   
LightningIsMyName

Program Name: Inkscape
What it's used for: making vectors (vector art, shapes and more), Illustrating
Program Cost: none - Freeware
Where it can be downloaded (optional): http://www.inkscape.org/
Extras (Awards,Thoughts,Etc): Some say it's even better then adobe illustrator, really amazing results and a proof that you can work with freewares and get the same result as programs that cost money

< Message edited by LightningIsMyName -- 11/5/2007 5:45:13 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 13
11/5/2007 18:25:57   
The Illusive Man

i'll do my part

Program Name: Asphosis
What it's used for: Making Fractals
Program Cost: Can't say
Where it can be downloaded (optional): download.com?
Extras (Awards,Thoughts,Etc): None

Program Name: Nvu
What it's used for: HTML editing
Where it can be downloaded (optional): nvu.com
Extras (Awards,Thoughts,Etc): none

Program Name: Camtasia studio
What it's used for: Screen recording
Program Cost: Too much lol (no idea)
Where it can be downloaded (optional): camtasia.com i think

Sorry i'm useless with the prices lol

Post #: 14
11/5/2007 18:28:04   
Pie Munchies

Alrighty, I'll find those prices and post yours Althrone, but until then, I'll get LIMN. >:D
AQ  Post #: 15
11/6/2007 0:23:00   
Abiogenist

Strange... no one mentioned MSPaint.
Post #: 16
11/6/2007 0:44:45   
LightningIsMyName

Program Name: MS Paint
What it's used for: basic image editing, pixel art
Program Cost: none - comes with microsoft windows
Where it can be downloaded (optional): - can't be downloaded
Extras (Awards,Thoughts,Etc): really a little program (i have seen better), yet it's excellent for pixel art
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 17
11/6/2007 4:32:00   
Abiogenist

Program Name: 3ds Max
What it's used for: 3d modeling and animation.
Program Cost: I'm not sure.
Where it can be downloaded (optional): I'm not sure.
Extras (Awards,Thoughts,Etc): It has lots of plug-ins or additional render programs. V-ray and such. It is best you find the best one, but if you are satisfied with Mental Ray then use it.

Program Name: Coreldraw
What it's used for: Graphic designs, drawing and editing.
Program Cost: I'm not sure.
Where it can be downloaded (optional): I'm not sure.
Extras (Awards,Thoughts,Etc): (I haven't actually used this)
Post #: 18
11/6/2007 11:00:37   
biG frend

I was wondering if there are any free easy to use programmes for making Fonts (.ttf if possible)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 19
11/6/2007 19:28:35   
Pie Munchies

I didn't really post MS Paint because it is a standard thing. So. . . yeah. >_>

I'll try and find some, kustard. >:D

. . . and *adding Genetic's stuffz*

Edit: Will add after I figure out prices. >:D

< Message edited by Pie Munchies -- 11/6/2007 19:35:14 >
AQ  Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> Programs Needed/Helpful for Traditional and Digital Art
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition