Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Happy New Year!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Official AE Announcements and Contests!] >> Artix Entertainment News and Announcements >> Happy New Year!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/1/2008 0:08:36   
  Artix

Happy New Year!

Greetings and salutations,

Congratulations to the planet on leveling up to 2008! Curious in what the new year would bring, we used a time machine to visit our future selves and took a sneak peak at how things are going to go. Unfortunately, due to some confusing blinking knobs we only set it to travel to a few hours from now... but never the less -- The verdict is that 2008 is going to be AMAZING!

Before I even take another breath (Hope I can type fast) I would like to thank you and all of the other incredible players on behalf of the entire A.E. Team for playing our games and making the community such a great place to be. Whether you play AdventureQuest, DragonFable, MechQuest or ALL of the above we are grateful that you are a part of this. Stronger than ever, we are passionate and committed to making the games better and better for you. Thank you for making this possible and being a part of it all!

It truely has been an incredible year. As we celebrate the new year we think back to everything we have accomplished in the past 12 months....

*Wavy Flashback special effects*

AdventureQuest
Http://www.BattleOn.com
AdventureQuest is growing stronger than ever through its 5th year. Following the defeat of Carnax, The Devourer Saga began, engulfing our world in an epic ongoing saga. The entire class tree was redesigned and the first of many new classes (including a 4th new base class and robed versions of the Guardian armors.) Galanoth’s leadership and the teams incredible creative talent continued to bring AQ artwork and animation to a whole new level. It is hard to count the overwhelming number of new monsters, quests, weapons, spells and pets that were added over the 12 months of 2007. What is even more fascinating is what is coming next!

DragonFable
Http://www.DragonFable.com
Last year we put the Dragons in DragonFable! The eggs began hatching during DragonFable's first birthday revealing the beginning of the games true storyline. We had an unusally large number of Friday the 13ths this year (Yay for undead invasions!). Who could forget the ChickenCowLord April fools prank or delivering Snugglegrams in the most embarrasing quest of all time? We have the big upgrade to Flash 8 were we updated every file in the game making it run faster and adding some special effects. It was also this year Xan burned Falconreach to the ground... all except the last board, and that is where we stopped him. Over 100 quests were built for DF and our first levelable classes. Ballyhoo arrived in town and we caused the origin of Mogloween. The game saw its first Titan fights were we battled on the backs of our full sized Dragons. We had so many events I am unable to list them here (Although they can be found here). Starting this week we will be moving the main plotline forward.... starting with a showdown with the terrifying Doom Knight, Sepulchure.

MechQuest
Http:// www.MechQuest.com
In 2007 we achieved the impossible by launching our third game -- MechQuest! Because you know how much work goes into AQ and DF, you can imagine what it took for us to release MechQuest... and we did it on time! (Well, we were very, very, very close... "and close only counts in horse shoes and giant assault mecha.") All we had to do was get rid of that pesky eating and sleeping. We announced the game with a Black & White image on a webpage with some concept art and a date. We were SHOCKED when people came up to us at the DraconCon convention telling us how eager they were for the game. We were worried that no one would like it.... and were shocked at the rave reviews about how fresh and original it is. The concept was unlike anything we have played on the web: "A fantasy mecha game in a bright and sunny world full of completly insane characters who send your hundred ton war machine on pizza delivery, ghost hunting, or werewolf biker gang crime fighting missions!" I am honored to announce 1 million free accounts have already been created for MechQuest... and it is still growing at an insane rate. In fact, all three games are growing equally at a staggering rate. an important note about MechQuest -- It shares the same game engine as DragonFable which means this year as we add housing/starships and other new functionality, it will be built for both games at the exact same time. This was seen last year in the minigames that we added to both DF and MQ.

EbilGames - Minigame Site!
Http://www.EbilGames.com
Also.... *big deep breath* We built our minigame site hosted by everyones favorite ebil Moglin, Zorbak!
We released several new minigames including Moglin Punter, Jimmy the Eye, and Valencia Surehunter. We also did a special project with Voltiare (Safiria is his biggest fan and this project was such an honor -- he is the one who did the "Brains" song for the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy on the Cartoon Network) to create a minigame for Deady the Evil Teddy. We have a few new partially complete games that you will see in 2008. Including Punch'em Crunch'em Undead and Speak and Slay! We also started the eZine this year where the team writes articles about all of the various things that are being worked on!

The Team!
I can only say amazing things about the entire A.E. Team. Everyone performed above and beyond expectations... beyond mine, and I think beyond theirs too! We had many new additions to our development team including Ghost, Aisha, Geo, ????? (Collin, you need to pick a name!), and many wonderful new moderators, creative and administrative folks who work behind the scenes. *checks watch* It is almost midnight... gotta type faster! We had a few "smaller" additions... both Warlic and Thyton became fathers! We even moved the location of the Secret underground lab! Very early this year we had a big meeting with the sole topic of "No more big meetings." Best meeting we ever had - it has been working very well for us! Finally, thanks to you we were able to use our reserves to make a contribution to the Child's Play charity.

Once again, 2007 was an incredible year. Of course, we have even bigger and more ambitious plans for 2008! Each of the games will move forward with their mainplotlines revealing new characters and bosses. As you know by now, we never sit idle... so I am going to share our biggest secret for 2008 with you now. We have purchased and begun developing with multiplayer software. I think.... to be safe, I better stop there. But I would like to hear your throughts and suggestions! Remember, you guide our decisions. Tell us what you would like, and dream big -- starting this year... the stars are the limit!

Battle on!
Artix and the A.E. Team

P.S. This is all because of you. Thank you.....

< Message edited by Artix -- 1/1/2008 0:48:56 >
AQ  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Official AE Announcements and Contests!] >> Artix Entertainment News and Announcements >> Happy New Year!
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2014 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition