Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

[GIMP]Tornado tag tut

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> [GIMP]Tornado tag tut
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/19/2008 17:22:52   
ShyTrake

Hooray, meh second tut Here I'll teach ya how to make a koolio tag with a tornado background. I'll go step by step and try to be as clear as possible. Okay, here I go. I'd like to see your results.

1. Open a new canvas. I used 400x150. Now pick a color, and take your paint brush. Brush around a bit. Make sure there are lil gaps. Now take another color, and brush aruond with that color. Have a rate around 80. Now, click filters>blur>motion blur. Set the top bar to the max and the angle to whatever you want. Now click filters>distorts>whirl and pinch and set the first 2 to the max and the bottom one to 1.000. It should now look like this:

2. Next, find some nice c4ds. Resize them to make them big if you need to. Paste one in, and click layers>new layer. Now go to filters>distorts>whirl and pinch. Set it to what you had last time. Now set the layer to screen. Drag the center part of your c4d into the center of your tag. Reapeat this with another c4d. It should now look like this:

3. Now make a new layer. Paste in your render. (Optional) Now, set the layer mode to screen. Add some text and you're done!

Result:

Post your results please! I know it's not very good, but I like it. I wrote this as I made this

< Message edited by Trake -- 3/20/2008 18:14:45 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
3/19/2008 18:37:57   
Mo

The background seems a bit plain
AQ MQ  Post #: 2
3/19/2008 19:13:42   
ShyTrake

What do you mean the background seems a bit "plain"?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
3/19/2008 19:15:58   
Mo

Not enough effects/action going on. All it is a the wave thing and a C4D. I mean, it does look good but a little plain
AQ MQ  Post #: 4
3/19/2008 19:17:02   
ShyTrake

Okay...(As expected from someone who acts like the art genius) Well then I can think of something else. I'm gonna make lotsa tuts.

< Message edited by ShyTrake -- 8/25/2008 13:56:25 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
3/19/2008 19:21:43   
Crump

The render is squished and the text doesn't look to good. Also, this isn't much of a tut, as a tut is supposed to explain everything about what you are doing. If I were you I would give details about how you made the tag you came out with.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
3/19/2008 19:26:16   
ShyTrake

I dint say that you have to have the same exact render and text. Anyway, if I took any piece art of mine to a rating shop (I just remember...I did! But I dint get rating yet) I guarantee I would get a low novice. And I don't care if I'm bad, I can get better. Speaking of rating shops, Imma check if my art got rated yet. Nope, it didn't...But I'll PM you what I got (And I'll let you say how bad my art is as much as I want if I'm wrong and I get soemthing better). At least mo dint say how bad it was...

< Message edited by Trake -- 3/19/2008 19:30:32 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 7
3/19/2008 19:38:17   
Crump

Your artwork is not bad. If I were just to tell you whats good, I don't know how you would learn. Tuts usually give the reader an idea on how to create new artwork. One is never restrained to use the same stock/render the maker of the tut. It's just helpful to put in steps on what you did, so other people can read it and say "oh, so thats how he did that!"

Again, your artwork is in no way bad at all. In fact, it can be better than anyone's artwork on this forum. Art is not something that people are bad and good at, art is feelings and opinions. Others may express their feelings and opinions in different ways. I'm just trying to give you some tips for improving.
anyways, good luck with future works and tuts! you have a great start!

< Message edited by crump -- 3/19/2008 19:39:57 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
3/19/2008 19:45:59   
Bone_funny

hmmm...i suggest picking colors from the render for the bg.like for yours i would use pink and orange.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 9
3/19/2008 19:56:47   
ShyTrake

That's koolio, I'll put that in and give you credit for the idea when I have time. Crump...Now I'm kinda thinking of you differently but I have a feeling your trying to get me to think something I shouldn't be thinking

< Message edited by Trake -- 3/19/2008 19:58:11 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 10
3/19/2008 20:05:32   
relykswalton

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trake

Okay...(As expected from someone who acts like the art genius) Well then I can think of something else. I'm gonna make lotsa tuts.

Making tuts won't make you improve. You should make a lot of tags, experiment, and improve. Then is when you should make a tut.
Trust me, I would know.
(As expected from someone who acts like the art genius)
AQ  Post #: 11
3/19/2008 20:23:37   
ShyTrake

Okay, okay! I'll stop the tuts (Now everyone's saying I should stop, that tells me it's all horrible) and start expierimenting! In my art shop, all my examples show how much I've been expierimenting and improving. All my art is there, and from the top to bottom it gets better and better. I'm gonna start right now.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 12
3/20/2008 7:18:23   
zenron the great

stop being so hard on him. he's trying to help people. what is wrong with that.

Its pretty simple and will be able to help some people.

what I don't like about it is that you say "go crazy" after just the first step. you need more than that.
DF  Post #: 13
3/20/2008 18:15:31   
ShyTrake

I redid it. I think it's better now.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 14
3/20/2008 19:03:54   
zenron the great

yep its better. the render needs to be more bold in your outcome though.
DF  Post #: 15
3/20/2008 19:42:59   
ShyTrake

Okay...I'll try and figure out how right now how to do that
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 16
3/20/2008 20:50:26   
Crump

Great job redoing it! The colors match great this time. :)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 17
3/20/2008 20:57:07   
Bone_funny

my sugestion work?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 18
3/20/2008 21:01:39   
ShyTrake

Yep, thankies SOE B_F. That suggestion and everyone's "dread" of this pic made me want to redo it. Now it's much better. Tankies crump.

< Message edited by ShyTrake -- 8/25/2008 13:57:16 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 19
3/20/2008 21:18:14   
Bone_funny

also,you c4d is a fractal,i can tell cause its thin and swirly

good tut,ill try it later.might add some more suff
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 20
3/20/2008 21:21:37   
ShyTrake

No, it's a c4d. I just whirled and pinched it! Oh, and how ocme no one's trying it
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 21
3/20/2008 21:24:43   
Bone_funny

im not on my comp,im on my psp so i cant try
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 22
3/20/2008 21:26:53   
ShyTrake

I remember someone said the PSP has Internet, but I dint believe him. Now I do. Wow. Lucky. Oops off topic. What do you use for a program? Can't you just download GIMP on it?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 23
3/20/2008 21:27:42   
Bone_funny

cant download on PSP lol.i use gimp
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 24
3/20/2008 21:29:24   
Mo

Actually, Trake, GIMP works on OS. A psp isn't an OS. Anyways, this is much better. Another suggestion, try looking at some other filters. It will really help.
AQ MQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> [GIMP]Tornado tag tut
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition