Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Sek-Duat Lives Again

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Sek-Duat Lives Again
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/21/2008 22:19:50   
Resolute

Sek-Duat Lives Again

Location: The Sandsea (Books 1 and 2) -> Zhoom -> Quests -> Sek-Duat Lives Again
Level/Quest/Items required: Completion of Zhowdown!
Release Date: March 21st, 2008

Objective: You and Zhoom are on your way to stop Sek-Duat XV from his evil plans.
Objective completed: You and Zhoom have defeated the ancient lord of all The Sandsea! The battle is won but the fight is far from over. He is still ruler of the land with huge armies under his control, but you have won the day and the Orb of Light is yours!

Scaled Yes/No: Yes

Monsters
(5) Anubis Knight
(3) Sunspike
(1) Sek Duat - Boss

NPCs
Sek-Duat XV
Zhoom

Rewards
Swords
Lich Striker
Ancient Flow
Crimson Edge
Imperial Shortblade

Staves
Lichbane
Ancient Current
Crimson Focus
Imperial Rod

Daggers
Lich's End
Ancient Flux
Crimson Slasher
Imperial Skean

Dialogue

Loads Zhoom as Guest A

Zhoom: The town was more empty than usual. Do you think the villagers heard that we were coming for Sek-Duat XV?
<Character>: I'm not sure what's going on but if Sek-Duat XV has the Orb of Light then we had better be prepared for anything.
<Character>: I can't wait to see the look on his... mask, I guess... when he finds out that we are BOTH with the rebels.
Zhoom: The rebels should be safe. I had only caught about 90 of them for him when he decided to betray me.
Zhoom: It doesn't have the 100 that he needs to being Sek-Duat The First back from the dead.
<Character>: That was the second biggest mistake that he ever made.
Zhoom: What was the first?
<Character>: Making me mad.

Fight monsters along the way to the end of the tomb

Sek-Duat XV: You two should be DEAD!
<Character>: We ARE! We've come back from the grave to haunt you for your misdeeds! OOOOoooOOoooOOooo!
Zhoom: Don't be silly.
<Character>: You're not fun at all.
<Character>: Sek-Duat, we know all about your plans and we've come to stop you!
Zhoom: We know that you were paying me to round up 100 rebels so you could sacrifice use their life force!
<Character>: We ALSO know that you want to use the Orb of Light to power the yag spell to bring Sek-Duat The First back to life!
<Character>: On a side note, it's kind of creepy how you're obsessed with your great and powerful ancestor.
Sek-Duat XV: Well I guess you've got me all figured out...
Sek-Duat XV: Except that you're entirely wrong.
Sek-Duat XV: I'm not trying to bring my great and powerful ancestor badk from the dead...
Sek-Duat XV: I AM SEK-DUAT THE FIRST!
Zhoom: Ew.
<Character>: WOW! YOu are OLD! I mean REALLY REALLY OLD!
Sek-Duat XV: I'm older than either of you could imagine. I have been the ruler of The Sandsea for nearly 1500 years!
Sek-Duat XV: During my first reign as Sek-Duat I realized that none of my children had the mind or will of an emperor.
Sek-Duat XV: I began searching the lands of Lore for the secrets to eternal life. I found that I could unlock the secrets of the Orb of Light...
Sek-Duat XV: ...then I could transform myself into a Lich, an undead sorcerer, blessed with eternal life but cursed with eternal undeath.
Sek-Duat XV: I have used its power to sustain myself for these last 1500 years, but once I became a Lich I realized my mistake.
Sek-Duat XV: As a Lich I could never know the pleasures of the living, only eternal life and eternal unrest. I yearned to be alive again.
Sek-Duat XV: I kept searching for the true key to eternal life and I found it! Around 1200 years ago I gave the spell to the Yaga sisters for safe keeping.
Sek-Duat XV: As we agreed, they sent their outcast sister to live here in the sands with the spell in her care, so that I could keep watch over it.
Sek-Duat XV: Each time I took my own place as the new emperor, I was a little more cruel.
Sek-Duat XV: I knew that if I squeezed these feeble peasants hard enough, that they would eventually rebel...
Sek-Duat XV: ... And that would give me the 100 enemies that I needed to return life to this undead shell!
Sek-Duat XV: I'm only telling you this so that you can understand the true power that you face, if you choose to battle me.
Sek-Duat XV: But I never expected you to get this far so I will give you the choice. Join me and I will grant you life everlasting as my undying generals.
Sek-Duat XV: Make your choice.
  • No Way! Your reign ends here and now Sek-Duat!
  • I Agree! Grant us eternal life!
    Sek-Duat XV: I didn't really think that you'd fall for that but I had to try.
    Sek-Duat XV: Come then, children. Let me show you the kind of pain that I have learned to deliver through the ages.

Defeat Sek-Duat

<Character>: He... He just vanished. Does that mean that we destroyed him?
    Zhoom: No, a Lich cannot be disposed of so easily. He will return. He is still emperor of these lands. The people will still see him that way.
    <Character>: So the rebels have a lot more work to do. At least he will have most of his power without the Orb of Light.
    Zhoom: What will you do with the Orb?
    <Character>: I was lucky to beat Sepulchure to this one, but I still have to beat him to the rest. I can't watch them all while I'm finding the missing ones.
    <Character>: I think that you would be a safe person to leave it with, if you wouldn't mind keeping an eye on it.
    Zhoom: After all we've been through, you would trust me with the Orb of Light? Aren't you worried that Sepulchure will just buy it from me?
    <Character>: No. I consider you a friend now, and I understand your code of honor. If I trust you with the Orb...
    <Character>: ...then you will do everything in your power to keep it safe. I can't think of anyone I would trust more with the fate of Lore.
    Zhoom: Thank you <Character>. I consider you as a friend, too. I will guard the Orb with my life.
    Zhoom: I plan to stay here and help the rebels. Sek-Duat still owes me a LOT of gold. If you ever need me, you know where to find me.
    Zhoom: It was amazing fighting by your side. It feels good to fight for something that I believe in. Thank you for teaching me that.
    <Character>: If the rebels ever need a hand, you can call on me too. Thanks for everything Zhoom.

• Complete Quest!

• Complete this quest to unlock Confront Sek-Duat badge.

Thanks to
  • YouAlreadyLost for information.
  • Familyguy2170 for information.
  • sithe21 for information.
  • CPKZ for information.
  • Jay for information.
  • The Bronken Arrancar for information.
  • Ziroac for information.
  • dan0101 for information.
  • Naurchir for information.
  • badwolf127 for information.
  • pagboy for information.
  • Darkick for information.
  • siddiqui2007 for information.
  • juan7722 for information.
  • Saint Kilda for information.
  • Peachii for information.
  • alexanderis2 for information.
  • Voodoo Master for pre-quest dialogue.

< Message edited by Jay -- 1/5/2022 22:19:05 >
  • AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Sek-Duat Lives Again
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition