Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Flash Q&A Thread 5 - Flash Has Shares In Your Soul

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash Q&A Thread 5 - Flash Has Shares In Your Soul
Page 2 of 18«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/30/2008 13:05:56   
flsg

sry I was hoping that you could figure out what taerzik said by yourself >_<

< Message edited by flsg -- 3/31/2008 17:36:37 >
AQ  Post #: 26
3/31/2008 1:15:28   
Taerzik

Heh, sorry it wasn't clearer. I'm glad you were able to come up with something and it worked...
That also reminds me that I need to make a preloader too...
Post #: 27
4/2/2008 2:24:57   
Taerzik

I had no idea...

Monday I was talking to someone who developes a small website and was telling him about Flash and some of the awesome things I've seen done with it. He decided to try out the 31 day trial from Adobe. So Tuesday I'm sitting at my computer doing my usual routine on the net. I get finished and think, 'I should see about finding him a used copy (given that a new one would cost him about $700 [I don't think that he can get an educational version]) and did some googling. Now, I know a thing or two about how bad software piracy is 'cause I've peeked into Limewire and BitTorrent in the past, but as I was googling for a deal yesterday I found out about something even worse.

Imagine your company produces software that's in great demand. You're probably pretty sick of the piracy; people stealing the product that your employees spent hours, days, months, probably years developing. Worse though, imagine finding a website that's selling your product at a fraction of the price... and it's not because they cut an awesome deal with you. These sites pass themselves off as legitimately selling you a legal copy of high end software at a tiny price. They are presumably able to do so because, since you acquire it by download instead of shipping, they don't have to deal with all the costs associated with the physical box, manuals and disks. They claim of course to give you a legal copy and serial code... but their websites, polished as they may be, have some problems. Most don't seem to have those nifty authentication labels you see on alot of major websites, not that they're mandatory but these are supposed to be businesses and most reputable sales companies want to look as good as possible. Then of course, if you read enough of the text, you'll notice little errors, a few too many...
Yes, that's right, you're getting scammed. So is the software manufacturer, they got ripped off too (regardless of what you may think about their pricing). Basically these thieves are stealing someon.s product, selling it to you for about $50-$150, and... well there's no telling where the money goes but I doubt it's to some charity.

I'm not really irritated or trying to alarm everyone, I just really had no idea. When I started my hunt I found one of these places and thought, 'Awesome!, I wish I'd found this sooner!' Then I found an article about it somewhere that talked about these kinds of operations... The next time I ran a search I included the word 'discount'... I'd say approximately 80-90% of the results were these kind of places. There are tons of them it seems and they're everywhere. I guess the phrases 'look before you leap' and 'buyer beware' would be good advice in these cases. Unfortunately it seems alot of people have fallen for these tricks. I feel bad for the software companies. Plus, it's probably driving the prices up.
Post #: 28
4/2/2008 10:00:05   
biG frend

I know its kind of sad, I'd recomend always using site advisor or something like that, since who knows they'll probablly throw in a virus with the download.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 29
4/4/2008 13:02:13   
biG frend

Sorry for double post but its been a while so no one will notice if I made an edit.
Ok so I have a flash document, Its basically just a clock. So its a piece of text with a blank background.
I want to put it on my website right. But If I put it on my website, I would have the clock yes, but the background around it would be white which kind of ruins the scheme. Is there anyway I can set the alpha of the flash documents backgrounds, so it shows stuff beneath the flash document?

Also for note, I tried making the background into and image and just putting it under my clock, but that ruined the template.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 30
4/4/2008 17:14:28   
EragonZZZZ

As the .swf player defaults to the background color to render things, I don't think you can do that. I'd suggest just adding a nice border and directly integrating the .swf into your page's design scheme.
AQ  Post #: 31
4/5/2008 14:59:58   
Stealthy Dirtbag

I use flash, add me, theres no way in hell I'm getting CS3 though.
AQ  Post #: 32
4/7/2008 21:16:32   
relykswalton

m'kay. question time.

So I've never used flash. I have Flash CS3, but I haven't learned how to use it.
So, a big begginer's guide somewhere?

I wanted to learn how to use it so I could code a flash music player with it. I guess that'll be my first real project.
Any help is appreciated.
AQ  Post #: 33
4/8/2008 10:52:31   
biG frend

http://www.thetutorialcollab.com/

That has a music player tutorial.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 34
4/10/2008 14:04:47   
Taerzik

Can someone post a mock code for loading a variable from a file (you pick the format, I was going to use .txt) into a text field under Flash 6 code? The thing is, it has to be Flash 6. I've been trying and just haven't figured it out yet.
Post #: 35
4/11/2008 10:20:13   
the zpy

Have no idea what you are talking about Taerzik :S

Anyways just wanted to ask if Flash had a tool like Gimp?(hue/saturation)
So that I can duplicate a part, darken it, instead of making a new one with darker colors.......
Needing it for this picture:
Undead Demon

< Message edited by the zpy -- 4/11/2008 10:22:58 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 36
4/11/2008 10:55:41   
biG frend

Yes, Convert it to a movieclip, then in the properties inspector theirs a drop down menu, with Tint, alpha, Light and some others, and a scroller use that. Besides that you just have the re-color I guess, it shouldn't take long.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 37
4/11/2008 11:44:28   
Taerzik

Ok, think loading variables from a document/file. Easy enough right? But I need to do it in a way that's compatible with Flash Player 6 r65, which means that good 'ol loadVars isn't going to work... for some reason. I dunno. All I know is that when I get the swf file onto PSP it refuses to load the text. It seems that there was some kind of change in the way load variables works between Flash 6 and 7, but I started with 7 so I'm a little lost.
Post #: 38
4/13/2008 16:11:27   
ponycoltraine

hey, i used too know some adv. AS and alot of basic but ive forgotten a good deal, and im wondering if anyone can point me too a good website too relearn. ty
AQ  Post #: 39
4/13/2008 16:19:49   
biG frend

flashkit.com That covers a fare bit.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 40
4/13/2008 17:01:59   
Awsome Teh Cake

I have a question for anyone who can answer, I know it may seem Noob-ish, but I have no clue how to do it, also, I haven't even used flash for a year yet: How do I make it randomly generate a number thought another number? What I mean is make 95-100, instead of it being automaticly 0-100.
-Beefy
AQ  Post #: 41
4/13/2008 17:18:29   
biG frend

randomn = randomn +random(5) + 95;

something like that.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 42
4/13/2008 20:20:49   
Awsome Teh Cake

Thanks biG, lol, I've said "I owe you" so many times, and now even more. Oy, soon my hands will be sore from all the I O U's.
Btw, how would I make switchable Mouses? I know how, just not how to go from custome to default again, just costum to custom.
-Beefy

< Message edited by BeefStew -- 4/13/2008 20:37:03 >
AQ  Post #: 43
4/14/2008 1:16:13   
Taerzik

Y'know, it's the littlest details that hold up your work, but it's the not-well-documented (or not at all) ones that are really annoying. I found out why the PSP refused to load text: relative url vs. absolute url. The PSP Flash Player requires an absolute url address in order to load external files.
Post #: 44
4/15/2008 21:34:31   
Awsome Teh Cake

Can someone tell me why the tylenol button doesn't dissapear when the amount goes to zero? If you pm me, I'll send you the file, cause I have no idea what's wrong. Also, Why don't the Variables in the Pat_Info thing load?

< Message edited by BeefStew -- 4/15/2008 22:01:25 >
AQ  Post #: 45
4/16/2008 0:30:27   
ponycoltraine

i need help with this. i got this code from a friend of mine, and cant figure out how too put in

onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
if (Key.isDown(65)) {
this.gotoAndStop (3)
}
}

and every time i fool around with it i either, only get it too play the first frame or nothing at all.

basically, i plan on adding more too the code later. but this basically. This is my code,

onClipEvent (load) {
var grav:Number = 0;
var run:Number = 6;
var wlk:Number = 2.5;
var speed:Number = run;
var jumpHeight:Number = 12;
var dbl:Number = 10;
var tri:Number = 10;
var djump:Boolean = false;
var tjump:Boolean = false;
var slow:Number = .7;
var slowspd:Number = speed/2;
var setspeed:Number = speed;
var scale:Number = _xscale;
var ex:Number = 5;
this.gotoAndStop(4);
}

grav++;
_y += grav;

while (_root.ground.hitTest(_x, _y, true)) {
djump = false;
tjump = false;
_y--;
grav = 0;
}
if (_root.water.hitTest(_x, _y, true)) {
grav *= slow*1.25;
speed = slowspd;
} else {
speed = setspeed;
}
if (Key.isDown(Key.RIGHT)) {
_x += speed;
_xscale = scale;
if (_root.ground.hitTest(_x, _y+3, true)) {
this.gotoAndStop(2);
} else {
if (djump == false) {
this.gotoAndStop(4);
} else if (tjump == false) {
this.gotoAndStop(4);
} else {
this.gotoAndStop(4);
}
}
} else if (Key.isDown(Key.LEFT)) {
_x -= speed;
_xscale = -scale;
this.gotoAndStop(2);
} else {
if (djump == false) {
this.gotoAndStop(4);
this.gotoAndStop(4);
} else {
this.gotoAndStop(4);
}
}
} else {
if (_root.ground.hitTest(_x, _y+3, true) && !Key.isDown(68) && !Key.isDown(83)) {
this.gotoAndStop(1);
}
}
if (Key.isDown(83) && !Key.isDown(Key.RIGHT) && !Key.isDown(Key.LEFT) && !Key.isDown(Key.UP) && !Key.isDown(68) && _root.ground.hitTest(_x, _y+3, true) && _currentframe != 6) {
this.gotoAndStop(7);
} else if (Key.isDown(83) && grav>1) {
this.gotoAndStop(6);
}
if (Key.isDown(Key.UP) && _root.ground.hitTest(_x, _y+3, true)) {
grav = -jumpHeight;
_y -= 4;
this.gotoAndStop(4);
} else if (Key.isDown(Key.UP) && djump == false && grav>0 && tjump == false) {
grav = -dbl;
djump = true;
this.gotoAndStop(4);
} else if (Key.isDown(68) && tjump == false && grav>1) {
this.gotoAndStop(3);
}
if (_root.ground.hitTest(_x+(_width/2)+ex, _y-(_height/2), true) || _root.ground.hitTest(_x+(_width/2)+ex, _y-(_height/6), true) || _root.ground.hitTest(_x+(_width/2)+ex, _y-_height, true)) {
_x -= speed;
}
if (_root.ground.hitTest(_x-(_width/2)-ex, _y-(_height/2), true) || _root.ground.hitTest(_x-(_width/2)-ex, _y-(_height/6), true) || _root.ground.hitTest(_x-(_width/2)-ex, _y-_height, true)) {
_x += speed;
}
if (_root.ground.hitTest(_x, _y-_height-15, true)) {
grav = 1;
}
}

plz and ty.

< Message edited by ponycoltraine -- 4/16/2008 1:13:54 >
AQ  Post #: 46
4/16/2008 1:52:48   
biG frend

Try this perhaps pony

onClipEvent (load) {
var grav:Number = 0;
var run:Number = 6;
var wlk:Number = 2.5;
var speed:Number = run;
var jumpHeight:Number = 12;
var dbl:Number = 10;
var tri:Number = 10;
var djump:Boolean = false;
var tjump:Boolean = false;
var slow:Number = .7;
var slowspd:Number = speed/2;
var setspeed:Number = speed;
var scale:Number = _xscale;
var ex:Number = 5;
this.gotoAndStop(4);
}

grav++;
_y += grav;

while (_root.ground.hitTest(_x, _y, true)) {
djump = false;
tjump = false;
_y--;
grav = 0;
}
if (_root.water.hitTest(_x, _y, true)) {
grav *= slow*1.25;
speed = slowspd;
} else {
speed = setspeed;
}
if (Key.isDown(Key.RIGHT)) {
_x += speed;
_xscale = scale;
this.gotoAndStop(2);
} else {
if (djump == false) {
this.gotoAndStop(4);
this.gotoAndStop(4);
} else {
this.gotoAndStop(4);
}
}
if (Key.isDown(65)) {
this.gotoAndStop (3)
}
} else if (Key.isDown(Key.LEFT)) {
_x -= speed;
_xscale = -scale;
this.gotoAndStop(2);
} else {
if (djump == false) {
this.gotoAndStop(4);
this.gotoAndStop(4);
} else {
this.gotoAndStop(4);
}
}
} else {
if (_root.ground.hitTest(_x, _y+3, true) && !Key.isDown(68) && !Key.isDown(83)) {
this.gotoAndStop(1);
}
}
if (Key.isDown(83) && !Key.isDown(Key.RIGHT) && !Key.isDown(Key.LEFT) && !Key.isDown(Key.UP) && !Key.isDown(68) && _root.ground.hitTest(_x, _y+3, true) && _currentframe != 6) {
this.gotoAndStop(7);
} else if (Key.isDown(83) && grav>1) {
this.gotoAndStop(6);
}
if (Key.isDown(Key.UP) && _root.ground.hitTest(_x, _y+3, true)) {
grav = -jumpHeight;
_y -= 4;
this.gotoAndStop(4);
} else if (Key.isDown(Key.UP) && djump == false && grav>0 && tjump == false) {
grav = -dbl;
djump = true;
this.gotoAndStop(4);
} else if (Key.isDown(68) && tjump == false && grav>1) {
this.gotoAndStop(3);
}
if (_root.ground.hitTest(_x+(_width/2)+ex, _y-(_height/2), true) || _root.ground.hitTest(_x+(_width/2)+ex, _y-(_height/6), true) || _root.ground.hitTest(_x+(_width/2)+ex, _y-_height, true)) {
_x -= speed;
}
if (_root.ground.hitTest(_x-(_width/2)-ex, _y-(_height/2), true) || _root.ground.hitTest(_x-(_width/2)-ex, _y-(_height/6), true) || _root.ground.hitTest(_x-(_width/2)-ex, _y-_height, true)) {
_x += speed;
}
if (_root.ground.hitTest(_x, _y-_height-15, true)) {
grav = 1;
}
}

Right, guy I know you can add text to a textbox with AS, simple stuff, but Is there anyway I Can do that, without deleting the previous text there until a certain cut off point (so after about 10 lines, the first line disappears for the next line to appear) I'm trying to make a flash chat app so any help is appreciated.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 47
4/16/2008 11:24:45   
ponycoltraine

ya i figured it out last night, ty though.
AQ  Post #: 48
4/17/2008 20:22:33   
Awsome Teh Cake

Althorne, can I be added to the list of flash users? Also, how would I change he mouse back to default after it has already been custom? I know it seems basic, but I guess I never really put much thought into it XD.
-Beefy
edit: Btw, I looked through all the other Flash Q&A's and seeing the "Flsg and Schmoopy Epic Battles (Flsg saying schmoopy copied/pasted, then lying saying he didn't, then eragon saying we've been here before XD)", and my new fave number is -0, although this is random and no one cares, I personally find the previous Q&A's hilarious! LOL!!!

< Message edited by BeefStew -- 4/17/2008 20:23:10 >
AQ  Post #: 49
4/17/2008 23:48:31   
mathus the seconth

quote:

ORIGINAL: BeefStew

Althorne, can I be added to the list of flash users? Also, how would I change he mouse back to default after it has already been custom? I know it seems basic, but I guess I never really put much thought into it XD.
-Beefy
edit: Btw, I looked through all the other Flash Q&A's and seeing the "Flsg and Schmoopy Epic Battles (Flsg saying schmoopy copied/pasted, then lying saying he didn't, then eragon saying we've been here before XD)", and my new fave number is -0, although this is random and no one cares, I personally find the previous Q&A's hilarious! LOL!!!

Well, if you want to do that, you shouldn't use the code in the front page. I strongly recommend putting your code in a frame, rather than a Movie Clip. Your code will end up easier to find and manage, and you have more control over what's going on.

With the following tutorial, you will end up with This.

If you have Flash CS3, then you do not need to follow the following tutorial. Simply download This File, and be happy. (Although I would like you to read, so that you understand a bit more)

First, go to "Insert > New Symbol", name it "mouse" (Disregard the quotes throughout the rest of this. I just put those so that you may see what to type easily.) then draw your custom mouse here. Once done, go back to "Scene 1" by pressing the button below the TimeLine. Right click on the mouse movie clip in the library, and select "Linkage...", and check off "Export For ActionScript", on "Identifier" put "mouse". now make 2 buttons on the stage, one with an Instance Name of "cus" (As in "Custom"), and one with "def" (As in "Default"). After that, select the first frame of your movie, and dump the following code there.

_root.cus.onRelease = function() {
	Mouse.hide();
	t = _root.attachMovie("mouse", "mouse1", 1);
	t._x = _root._xmouse;
	t._y = _root._ymouse;
	t.onMouseMove = function() {
		this._x = _root._xmouse;
		this._y = _root._ymouse;
	};
};
_root.def.onRelease = function() {
	Mouse.show();
	mouse1.removeMovieClip();
};

You now have a working "Mouse Switcher". Hope you enjoyed.

< Message edited by mathus the seconth -- 4/17/2008 23:52:47 >
AQ  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash Q&A Thread 5 - Flash Has Shares In Your Soul
Page 2 of 18«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition