Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Doug Digg

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> NPCs >> Doug Digg
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/28/2008 21:44:40   
Resolute

Doug Digg

Location: Lymcrest (Books 1 and 2), Return to Lymcrest, Dwarf Culture

Quests given
The Lymcrest Labyrinth (All Versions)

Shops owned
None

Dialogue
Lymcrest (Books 1 and 2)

Doug Digg: Greetin's traveler! Welcome to the minin' town of Lymcrest! I'm Douglas Butterscotch Tummybundle Digg Jr... But you can call me Doug.

• Quest!
    Doug Digg: Do you want to explore the labyrinth, <Character>? Be careful down there... if you get lost, it may be years before you get found.
  • Talk
    Doug Digg: Sure, I got a few minutes to chat. What do you want to know?
    • Who are you?
      Doug Digg: I'm Doug Digg. Lymcrest has been my home as long as I can remember. My family moved here 89 years ago when I was just a pebble.
      Doug Digg: I'm the one who uncovered the door to the labyrinth a few days ago while followin' a particularly rich vein of samsonite.
      Doug Digg: Most of the other miners, both human and dwarven, are too frightened to go down there, but not me! I've never met a cave I didn't like.
      Doug Digg: I made it all the way down to the second floor. It's tougher than it looks, hero. If you want to beat my record, you're welcome to try!

• Lymcrest?
      Doug Digg: Until recently we were a happy little minin' town, where humans and dwarves worked together to make our town great.
      Doug Digg: We are very different races but none of us ever let that get in the way of gettin' the job done... and we all love what we do.
      Doug Digg: Minin' is hard and dangerous work, but everyone here has a very special connection to the earth. It's hard not to when you wear dirt all day.
      Doug Digg: Then, the dark times started. Suddenly, all the elementals went nuts and the river caught fire and wouldn't go out.
      Doug Digg: It hasn't been easy for us. We ship ore and stone to every town and smithy in Alteon's kingdom! People are countin' on us!
      Doug Digg: Let me tell ya, it ain't easy pannin' for gold and silver when you're up to your knees in fire.
      Doug Digg: We also need the river to power the smeltin' plant. You and Warlic have helped a great deal but if somethin' doesn't change soon...
      Doug Digg: This town, and all the minin' families here will have to pack up and leave. The town of Lymcrest will just dry up and die.

• Warlic?
      Doug Digg: Aye, I know the Blue Mage. He's a friend of Lymcrest...always has been. In fact, he's a bit of a local hero.
      Doug Digg: Until you showed up, he was the only one who would come to help us with the elementals. If not for him, things would be much worse.
      Doug Digg: Whenever he came to town for supplies he would always have a kind word for everyone he met.
      Doug Digg: He may seem a little tight-laced from time to time, but he's got a heart the size of a boulder under those robes.
      Doug Digg: Warlic has a knack with the elements. He can freeze fire, and conjure rocks out of thin air.
      Doug Digg: I've never seen someone with power of the elements like he has.
      Doug Digg: I'm just glad that he's on our side! You too! As long as you both stand with us, Lymcrest has hope!

• Xan?
      Doug Digg: A while ago there was a young human named Xan who lived here. He always had a talent for magic.
      Doug Digg: He was always a pain...always actin' like he was better than those around him.
      Doug Digg: Last I heard, he was settin' off for the magic school in Swordhaven. You don't think this pyromancer is the same Xan, do you?

• Dwarves?
      Doug Digg: Am I the first dwarf that you've ever met? I ain't surprised. We tent to keep to ourselves.
      Doug Digg: You humans seem to keep to the topside, unless you're spelunkin' for treasure or some cave dragon stole your beloved.
      Doug Digg: There's a whole world down there that you've barely scratched the surface of.
      Doug Digg: Maybe one day your travels will take you to one of the great dwarven kingdoms, and you'll see the wonders deep beneath Lore's crust.
      Doug Digg: Let me know if you're plannin' a trip. My cousin Brollybrap is an undertravel agent. He'll get you a great deal!
  • Heal & potions - fully replenishes HP, MP, and potions.

• Set Home Town
    Doug Digg: You want to make Lymcrest your home? We'll make a miner our of you yet <Character>!
    • Yes
      Doug Digg: You're all set!

• No

Return to Lymcrest

???: HEY!

Doug Digg: How ya doin'? We don't get too many visitors 'round these parts.

Doug Digg: Hmm? Do I know ya?

Doug Digg: Wait...<Character>?
    Doug Digg: Haha, it's been too long!
    Doug Digg: What brings you to Lymcrest?

Doug Digg: Hmm...you should come along to my place.
    Doug Digg: We've got some catching up to do!

Doug Digg: So, Lim sent you, huh? Figures that shut-in wouldn't have heard anythin' about us!
    Doug Digg: But man! Frozen for so many years!

Doug Digg: Ah, well, I s'pose things have changed a bit since the Rose came along.
    Doug Digg: They harvested a lot of our resources a while back.

Doug Digg: Soon afterwards, all the remainin' miners left, too. Didn't think there was anything left to mine.
    Doug Digg: The town's been empty ever since.

Doug Digg: No, no—don't worry, <Character>!
    Doug Digg: People think Lymcrest is all but barren at this point.
    Doug Digg: But what they don't realize...is that we've got all the resources we could ever need, right here.
    Doug Digg: All we've gotta do...is dig a little deeper.

Doug Digg: Oh, I don't believe ya'll two have met!
    Doug Digg: This is Lyra, my beautiful wife!

Doug Digg: Of course!
    Doug Digg: You didn't meet her all those years ago 'cause she was on some envoy missions for the Dwarven Kingdoms.
    Doug Digg: She's an important person, y'know!

Doug Digg: Come to think of it, our daughter should be home soon, too!

Doug Digg: Don't worry about it, sweetheart! We'll get it fixed up in a jiffy.

Doug Digg: You know my daughter?

Doug Digg: So...you're probably wonderin' how I have a daughter, and why she's not a dwarf!

Doug Digg: Well, it all started about sixteen years ago...

Doug Digg: Well, ya see, that's when the first...incidents started happening.
    Doug Digg: With the elements.

Doug Digg: And after that...well, you know the rest.
    Doug Digg: But anyway!
    Doug Digg: I was busy discussin' the schematics of the tunnel one day, when I heard a cryin' sound comin' from the forest nearby.
    Doug Digg: And wouldn't ya know it! Someone had left a baby alone in the bushes!

Doug Digg: A'course, one thing led to another.
    Doug Digg: We kept waitin' for her real parents to come back, of course.
    Doug Digg: But no one would claim her. And people just kept movin' out of Lymcrest.

Doug Digg: And it was the best decision of our lives!

Doug Digg: And once things started getting worse, with Xan an' all, I sent her off with Lyra.
    Doug Digg: But enough of that! Now, who wants pie?

Doug Digg: I can't complain! It's all I'd ever ask for.

Doug Digg: But...umm...
    Doug Digg: We have a favor to ask of you, <Character>.

Doug Digg: We know it's sudden, but...
    Doug Digg: She's been real excited ever since she came back from that tournament in Swordhaven.
    Doug Digg: Well, not before me and Lyra gave her a stern talking-to, a'course.
    Doug Digg: But...it made us realize. We can't provide for her here anymore.
    Doug Digg: Supplies are running low, and dwarves...well, we can survive on rocks.

Doug Digg: And with all the travellin' she's been doin', it only cemented our decision.

Doug Digg: And after what you and Warlic did for us, we'd trust either of ya.

Doug Digg: Falwynn, sweetie? Cookie bear?

Doug Digg: Your mother and I...well, we've decided...
    Doug Digg: We want ya to go with <Character>.

Dwarf Culture

Doug Digg: Hmm?
    Doug Digg: Oh, <Character>!

Doug Digg: How are ya? Having a belter?

Doug Digg: Certainly got more than one. On what subject?

Doug Digg: Not sure you would ken too much while readin' some of the books written by my kin though....

Doug Digg: Hmmm...
    Doug Digg: Oh, I know!
    Doug Digg: It just so happens I wrote a little script myself for the Blue Mage himself a while ago, but he never asked for it after.
    Doug Digg: It should be just what you're lookin' for!

Other information
  • Isaac, a player, created the original name Douglas Dig, which was later altered and used by the DragonFable team.
  • Falwynn is the adoptive daughter of Doug Digg and Lyra, as revealed in Return to Lymcrest.

Book 3 Appearance
    Flashback Appearance

Thanks to
  • Jay for images and corrections.
  • Occavatra and Stephen Nix for other information.

< Message edited by Jay -- 1/30/2020 23:04:10 >
  • AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> NPCs >> Doug Digg
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition