Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AK= Ultimate Favorite ANYTHING Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AK= Ultimate Favorite ANYTHING Thread
Page 14 of 17«<1213141516>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/3/2011 23:49:50   
Mechbuster1

Favorite...

NPC: Braddock Steele
Mech: Derpmachine
FA: Solar Mace
FS: Zorbo
BA: Finger Zapper
BS: EDSP or MQQXDTS
Planet: still Lagos (I like a big walk-around world but I haven't been back in a while)

@LeoMart
I did use defaults, the Khael did have initiative and I almost beat the Warbear. I'm not sure what builds the GlaDERP is good for either.

@1234567890k
Your favorite enemy is the Mech-skeedo? It's one of the most annoying in the game.
DF MQ  Post #: 326
8/4/2011 8:29:50   

-mechbuster1
It's a challenge, and anyway, I have plenty of Defense-nerfing and Bonus-buffing weapons, so it isn't a problem.
The thing that gets me off about Mech-Skeedos is that when it's Health get low, it starts stealing mine, and since it has a +70% attack damage boost on non-V-Hunters, it can steal about 70 Health from me every turn.

EbilCorp-
A name you can trust.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 327
8/4/2011 8:41:31   
LeoMart

My favourite enemy is Queen Akana. I like the way it looks when she's going to kill me but i kill her just before lol. If i kill Piotr with 2 of my other builds i'll also say that he's my favourite enemy but the thought of changing my stats AGAIN is making me feel like crying!

"pss.. pss.. hey boy!"
"Yes sir, how may i help you?"
"Ehh.. my name is Lord Valoth and i'm here to kill ya. Do you mind?"
"Uhh.. hold on a sec.. Uncle Coop!! Someone here wants to see you!"
"Ugh, cruddy nitwit :@"

DF MQ AQW  Post #: 328
8/4/2011 11:23:13   
Thiefboy109
Legendary AK!!!

Lets see...
Favorite Mecha: Mechatron
Favorite FA: Snake Master C-40
Favorite BA: Snowman Automatic
Favorite FS: Santa Zorbo
Favorite BS: Ice Ten
Favorite HD: Macabre Circlet
Favorite BD: Derp Drive
Favorite Enemy: Piotr

@Leo
Changing stats take forever >.<
I had to switch mine from reflex to accuracy to kill castle wall and piotr with the Dharmahp, and it took me like 2 days...

oh yeah:
Least Favorite Activity: Stat Changing
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 329
8/4/2011 11:50:40   
LeoMart

@^: IKR!!! lol i switched mine to accuracy too to beat piotr and then i took about another 4 hrs of non-stop playing to take it to damage! Then i also realized that i wanted to change it to reflex for some unhittable build i was trying out but i forgot to change it. Then it took me another 3 and a half hours to switch to reflex. It felt like murder!. Anyways i don't think i'll be changing stats soon.
Favourite FS: Parrot launcher
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 330
8/4/2011 11:53:59   
Thiefboy109
Legendary AK!!!

@Leo
Thats exactly what I did almost... First I did full Power, then switched to reflex for pvp, then switched to accuracy for Piotr. And I should probs switch it back to power, but eh.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 331
8/4/2011 12:04:41   
LeoMart

@^: Lol! The stats point should prolly be changed for easier use because at this moment it's really hard to change stats. Maybe after you finish the stat changing you could face a quite tough enemy at the end.. Will that do?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 332
9/6/2011 19:07:36   

Mecha- Count Mechula XXV/Dumb Derpmachine
FA- Ideal Volt Strike
BA- Quantam Derp Ray
FS- TNSEWP F-3
BS- EDSP
HD- Derp Yawp
BD- Derp Drive/Shrink Ray
Cutscene- Friday the 13th May 3011
Enemy- Queen Akana
Uniform- Gameshow
Helm- None
NPC- Mr. Z/Korin
Mission- Soluna City>Map>Necryptos>Han Velsing>Broddock Mountains>Warzone
Energy Blade- Solar Spike
House- RuneHawk
Planet- Necryptos/51
Dialogue-
quote:

Mr. Z.: WHAT?! You do not know who I am? I am Zorbak, the CEO of EvilCorp, the biggest corporation in the entire universe!
Mr. Z.: You can just call me Mr. Z! I realize my rise to near infinite power has made me a few enemies...
Mr. Z.: Don't even think about laying a hand on me! Besides, it wouldn't do you any good...
Mr. Z.: ...because you are talking to a holographic projection! I am not really here!
Mr. Z.: Not to mention the fact that with or without me, EvilCorp holiday bots are rampaging around Soluna as we speak!
Mr. Z.: So you're going to have to round them up anyway! Now... let's talk about payment....
Mr. Z.: You'll be paid a gross 10000 credits per Chick... Product damage is deducted from your pay.
Mr. Z.: These things won't stop until they're pretty much completely destroyed....
Mr. Z.: So let's see... 10000 credits paid, minus... 10000 credits damaged goods... Meh heh heh!
Mr. Z.: Looks like we won't need to fill out any nasty contracts because you're getting nothing!
Mr. Z.: Meh heh heh heh! I am sooooo EBIL!

< Message edited by archie -- 9/6/2011 19:07:36 >

EbilCorp-
A name you can trust.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 333
9/5/2011 20:21:10   
carabuno

What is you favorite mecha or what do you think the best armor is? I believe the Dorky Derpmachine is the best. What is you opinion. Discuss.
This thread is about power wise not look wise.

< Message edited by carabuno -- 9/5/2011 20:53:54 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 334
9/5/2011 20:47:28   
Thiefboy109
Legendary AK!!!

In power or looks? And they are called Mecha.

Overall, my favorite mecha is Lethal Mechatron.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 335
9/5/2011 21:04:43   
Undead archmage 1

I say the glaDerp Security A-45
AQ MQ  Post #: 336
9/5/2011 21:12:40   
Sneevil Slayer

Either the Mohawk or the Warbear. I regret deleting the character that had those two on it.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 337
9/5/2011 21:33:33   
PD

There is a best mecha. However it has not been determined yet because of a lack of a definitive, empirical standard/balance system.

If someone wants to create one, please do.
Post #: 338
9/5/2011 21:35:49   
Infinity Everlasting

My four favorite mechas are: warbear, aegis, eagle, corrupted drakel mech

Warbear- raw power without special effects

Aegis- an underrated mecha, but is actually extremely useful, the best EP destroyer and dmg nerfer

Eagle- Dmg reflecting that halves the dmg you take while reflecting it back to your opponents, quite overpowered (on par with warbear imo)

Corrupted Drakel- my personal favorite mecha for blocking/dodging
AQW Epic  Post #: 339
9/5/2011 21:47:57   
stealthwings
Helpful

There is no best mecha. Any definitive empirical standard/balance system will fail due to the fact that mechquest is one large game of rock paper scissors. Within Rock, Paper, and Scissors there are best at each, but then you cannot call them the best, because A) there are more than just 3, there are a heck of a lot more specials, and B) one may fail at one, but be better at others. While one mecha may be the best at a certain category, it is probably beaten by another at another category, when the other still does OK at the category the first was the best at. There are several useless mecha, but there are no individual bests. Unless you were to say everything besides the useless ones, but then you would have a lot of bests. Very few mecha are actually useless, they generally have one thing which is different to everything else, which may not matter now, but in the future there may be an enemy which requires that exact thing.

My favorite mecha uncustomized is the Hunter Eidolon. It is just so fun to use. And, really really good for a nonrare with all defaults.

In terms of what I think is the "Best" it entirely depends on the enemy, and, should you customize it, the weapons you customize it with. Even uncustomized, the title of best uncustomized is fairly useless since it is easy to create something better with a little customization.

< Message edited by stealthwings -- 9/5/2011 21:49:10 >
DF MQ  Post #: 340
9/5/2011 21:55:18   
PD

A balance system in AQ works despite the equal (if not more) variety in strategies and possibilities (The recent upsurge in AQ creates more enemies and weapons with special effects and strategy possibilities). AQ's battle systems are much much more complicated than MQ's. But then again, this isn't AQ. But still, a system would not fail. Mine have admitting, but that's because there's a lot of stuff that I did not account for in the time-span of conceiving the ideas.
Post #: 341
9/5/2011 22:03:55   
stealthwings
Helpful

I don't play AQ, so I don't know much about that. According to the people who do though, they achieve that by nerfing everything unique to the point of uselessness.

And it will fail. For example, imagine there are 2 mecha. Both only have one special on every weapon (The same on every weapon), the same damage, HP, EP, EP cost, turns special lasts, and cooldowns. Every weapon on mecha A nerfs the enemy's bonus by 50. Every weapon on mecha B nerfs the enemy's boost by 25. It is easy to see that Mecha A is better, as its weapons nerf by more. However, they both come up against a mecha with the same damage, HP, EP, and cooldowns as them, but has a passive 999 to bonus. Mecha A will require luck to beat it, as they are essentially identical, though the enemy will have a slightly increased miss rate. Mecha B on the other hand, nerfs its boost and wins easily, unless the enemy gets seriously good luck. It works both ways, if they came up against an enemy with a passive 300 boost, but no bonus, Mecha A would have a rather good chance, while Mecha B will get destroyed without divine intervention by the RNG.
DF MQ  Post #: 342
9/5/2011 22:08:25   
ArchMagus Orodalf

quote:

According to the people who do though, they achieve that by nerfing everything unique to the point of uselessness.

And those people are so incorrect that I'm inclined to call them "ignorant."

On-topic, I rather agree that the type of enemy you're going up against plays a large role in deciding the best mecha for said battle. A good all-around mecha is the Dharmahp.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 343
9/5/2011 22:20:40   
stealthwings
Helpful

Well, I only know like 1 who has ever said that. And he isn't very reliable. But I haven't talked to anyone else about AQ's battle system, so I don't have anything else to go on. How is a standard achieved in AQ? Or is it just less like rock-paper-scissors to MQ?

And another factor that limits the ability to have a best mecha is enemies like those of Necryptos-X who punish the player for being good at a particular aspect, going even farther than simply being immune to one. For example, the Dharmahp. Very good mecha, put it up against an enemy like Piotr, it does well compared to other mecha. I don't think it can beat him with defaults, but it doesn't take much else. And then put it against something like Simu-Wall, and fall over laughing hysterically as it fails.

< Message edited by stealthwings -- 9/5/2011 22:23:47 >
DF MQ  Post #: 344
9/5/2011 22:25:27   
PD

They provide a whole motherload of Spreadsheets to create a definitive, universal standard. You can see them here.

Also, this helps: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=13900896

But Archmagus is right. The Balance in AQ is not done by "nerfing teh items into uselessness", but rather lining them into the appropriate standard. Again, this isn't about adopting AQ's balance style, but rather to show that even more most complex stuff have workable, definitive, and universal standards. If AQ can make one with a battle interface several times more complex and diverse as AQ, MQ can do the same.

< Message edited by PD -- 9/5/2011 22:28:48 >
Post #: 345
9/6/2011 5:45:51   
Selutu
Constructive

quote:

There is no best mecha. Any definitive empirical standard/balance system will fail due to the fact that mechquest is one large game of rock paper scissors. Within Rock, Paper, and Scissors there are best at each, but then you cannot call them the best, because A) there are more than just 3, there are a heck of a lot more specials, and B) one may fail at one, but be better at others. While one mecha may be the best at a certain category, it is probably beaten by another at another category, when the other still does OK at the category the first was the best at. There are several useless mecha, but there are no individual bests. Unless you were to say everything besides the useless ones, but then you would have a lot of bests. Very few mecha are actually useless, they generally have one thing which is different to everything else, which may not matter now, but in the future there may be an enemy which requires that exact thing.

My favorite mecha uncustomized is the Hunter Eidolon. It is just so fun to use. And, really really good for a nonrare with all defaults.

In terms of what I think is the "Best" it entirely depends on the enemy, and, should you customize it, the weapons you customize it with. Even uncustomized, the title of best uncustomized is fairly useless since it is easy to create something better with a little customization.

Basically all I have to say... Also adding to that, put it in a easier manner to understand it is like in DF, there is simply no best Element as you can't compare them.

@stealthwings
Dharmahp will already fallen against Simu-Nosferatu...
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 346
9/6/2011 15:01:25   
sun arcanist no ret

Selutu: No, actually, the dharmahp will crush simu nosferatu! mwahahahah! BA, BD, HD, BA, FS, BS, BA, FA! nosferatu is dead! (actually, he never said that you have to use the dharmahp against the enemies that are before the castle, but I'm pretty sure the dharmahp would fall against vampire minion.)

My favorite mech is the mechatron and the dharmahp.

Adding on to what stealth wings said, if there is a mech that's unstunable mech that kills you in one hit, with 999 bonus, and would take four hits of standard damage to kill, then a low level mystraven will have a better chance of winning then other mechs low level house mechs. Low level mystraven has a higher chance of beating that enemy than low level wolfblade, (which is usually more reliable) because that mystraven has a small chance of doing "death strike!" If the death strike crits, then mystraven wins the fight. However, low level wolfblade has no weapon that can do that type of massive damage. If someone asked you, "which mech is better, low level wolfblade, or low level mystraven?" you would probably say low level wolfblade. But, if they specified the enemy that they had to fight, then you would probably think differently.

< Message edited by sun arcanist no ret -- 9/6/2011 15:24:32 >
MQ  Post #: 347
9/6/2011 18:41:11   
CleverUserName

I honestly think that the best mech (The terms are interchangeable, you silly goose), in my opinion, was the Aegis. It was the first real niche mech, and it did a better job of it than any subsequent mech ever. It was either first or one of the first to introduce healing, it was an amazing EP destroyer, and after so many turns, you became unbeatable. Definitely a very well-made mech.
DF MQ  Post #: 348
9/6/2011 19:04:24   
seventy two

Newbatron V1, Power : Cost(both effort and monetary costs) wise it is unmatched since it is the easiest and cheapest mech to obtain.

Seriously though the April/Maypril mechs win out because it can beat more or less any enemy it encounters. And because of that special it could theoretically beat enemies way above it's level.

As for a mech that is consistently most effective in battle, there is not one for reasons stated above by stealth and others.
AQ MQ  Post #: 349
9/6/2011 19:10:26   
archie

Merged best mech thread with Ultimate favourite thread ;)

Personally I love the Dharmahp's raw power, it is definitely my current favourite, but then I've always liked all out offence :D
DF MQ  Post #: 350
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AK= Ultimate Favorite ANYTHING Thread
Page 14 of 17«<1213141516>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition