Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AK= The MechQuest Nostalgia Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AK= The MechQuest Nostalgia Thread
Page 14 of 17«<1213141516>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/10/2010 22:12:11   
stealthwings
Helpful

No, defense and dodge are different. I used to use unhittable builds (def boosting and acc nerfing) all the time, and I didn't dodge any more than normal.

My enemy missed a heck of a lot more than normal though. (there were fights were they wouldn't hit me once)
DF MQ  Post #: 326
9/11/2010 17:16:13   
arny

i was using the AWB 2.0 and i don't like that this mech drains a lot of fuel when its fights
MQ AQW  Post #: 327
9/12/2010 10:52:40   
LeoMart

quote:

No, defense and dodge are different. I used to use unhittable builds (def boosting and acc nerfing) all the time, and I didn't dodge any more than normal.

My enemy missed a heck of a lot more than normal though. (there were fights were they wouldn't hit me once)

I don't understand what you mean... could you explain in simpler terms cos my best build is an accuracy nerfing build so....
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 328
9/12/2010 11:16:00   
stealthwings
Helpful

Click on your characters head in a fight.
Now look at this part
There is a stat labeled dodge, and one labeled defense.

If you have a high defense, your enemy will miss more, if you have a low defense, your enemy will miss less.
Also, if your enemy has a high bonus, they will miss less, if your enemy has a low bonus, they will miss more.

There is also a stat labeled dodge, which affects how much you dodge. If you have a high dodge stat, then you will dodge more, if you have a low dodge stat, you will dodge less.

Defense has nothing to do with dodging.
DF MQ  Post #: 329
9/12/2010 11:37:43   
LeoMart

Ok...so which makes your enemy miss more, more defense or more doge stats
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 330
9/12/2010 11:42:58   
stealthwings
Helpful

Defense does.

I just said, dodge makes you dodge more, defense makes your enemy miss more.
DF MQ  Post #: 331
9/12/2010 11:57:40   
LeoMart

Thanks!

Please do not double-post, it is considered spam and only clutters the page. Next time use the button to add in any additional information to your post. If you do accidentally make an extra post then use the button to delete that extra post. For more information, please read the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules > Posting Behavior. ~Clyde

< Message edited by Clyde -- 9/12/2010 15:24:43 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 332
9/12/2010 12:13:59   
UltimaKomoto

LeoMart: You don't. There was a (now rare) weapon called the Arthurian Shield that gave you an innate +20 Defense...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 333
9/12/2010 12:21:18   
LeoMart

oooo k thanks.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 334
9/12/2010 14:16:52   
Hellsoarer

For most of my mechas when it says they block they jump out of the way <.<
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 335
9/12/2010 15:26:38   
Clyde
Legendary Artist!

Please stay on-topic. This thread is about moments you've had in MQ.

Any and all mecha/character advice questions belong in MQ Questions and Answers.

Thanks.
Post #: 336
9/13/2010 17:02:27   
Calogero

Just went back to visit my Starship ( not that much on it )

and I just remember My Turkey Gobler ( or whatever the name is )
Man I missed that sound xD

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 337
9/18/2010 11:45:30   
Gold

I'd like to start up a new nostalgia discussion, so I'm posting here instead of making a new thread. So...

At what point in time of MQ's history was your favourite?

As much as I like Lucky Bladestorm, I'd say the lvl 33 period (~Mid 2009) was my second favourite. At that point, many good Mecha were being released, and the SCMMs started. I was a bit disappointed, though, as I missed out on a few SCMMs, like the Falcon. I really like Captain Falcon, thus I am ashamed D:

One of my other favourites was April 2008. The first April Fools mecha were released. I must say, that was when the best mecha of all time was released >3< Its power really was unrivaled at the time. Heck, I even bought the NC version to see ust how good it was, and it was definitely better than what I had expected.

But my favourite period of all time goes to the very beginning. Newbatron v1337 was the best mecha and it cost 20000 credits. Some people went mad trying to get it, but we all know now that 20k is nothing :P I also remember when you actually had to WAIT just for the Starship to land, and all you could do was stack up on credits. Some people extended that to the point of getting 1 million credits. It was a BIT excessive, but it was probably the best thing to do, since the mecha at Soluna were even better than Newbatron and obviously, more pricey. Nevertheless, I never had more fun than I did when Mechquest was just starting :D

So how about you guys?

NostalgON!

I am Gold, for I am many.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 338
9/18/2010 11:59:38   
Hellsoarer

I made an account when MQ started just like AQW where he always tells me about new AE games...
I didn't play it for 2 years but right when I got an upgrade card for Frostval ( ) I got teh Viking
Mai first SCMM...
I kept using the Shoulders and then Frozen Cannon
I thought it was teh best mech in the whole game
Then the Bladestorm came
Keep spamming Focus Beam Dagger Slash Master Blade
3 hit KOs every time
Then Morehawk came - More 3 hit KOs
Finally, TEH AC-490 - Never get hit for 99 turns in a row ftw? Mai favorite mecha - I nicknamed him 490 Adventure Coins

Ok my favorite MQ time period waz MAYPRIL FEWLZZZ
Before they unbuffed it I did 2 hit KOs with it
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 339
9/18/2010 15:46:54   
spiderlord

Ahhh, I remember back when Mechquest started and only star captains could access good cheap(er) mechs. So I ended up farming up a bunch of gold with the battle button to get the gingerbread mech before it went away.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 340
9/18/2010 15:50:41   
jayk the pikachu

2 words:westion war
i loved Pyras and trying to destroy the Dragonoid
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 341
9/24/2010 14:21:16   
Hellsoarer

I'm jealous of my bro, even though he quit and is NSC he is still stronger than me...
His ID# is 271114 if you want to face him...

The body attack...

< Message edited by Hellsoarer -- 9/24/2010 14:22:20 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 342
11/30/2010 18:06:49   
Knoodlesguy

I remember when i farmed 150K in a day to get the Wolfblade V2 when i was a free player and hated the idea of being an SC. This was when there were no good mechs except the house mechs and prices were out of site, and rewards didn't cut like it does now
MQ AQW  Post #: 343
11/30/2010 19:15:31   
Griffin the awesome

One of my favorite moments was when I hit the level cap my first time, I finally felt like one of the really good players.
Another one is when I bought the dragongaurd package, spending 10,000 nova gems was awesome!

MQ  Post #: 344
11/30/2010 23:48:36   
forumlogin

Remember the days when the Stun Guns, the UES, and the Lava Cannons were the best weapons you could get?
Remember when the HM owned?

And *shivers* remember the original bug war? O_O

Good times. XD
If rather boring by today's standards.
DF MQ  Post #: 345
12/1/2010 0:19:40   
ZamuelNow
Constructive

Someone other than me mentioned the Alamonia Giant Bug Invasion? Though it is nice that we've progressed passed that state.
DF MQ  Post #: 346
12/7/2010 4:51:36   
Selutu
Constructive

I remember the time when I was in the starship and forgot to land it and was wandering around it thinking is this the whole game? I also remember the time when I got OHKO by the portal war boss.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 347
12/28/2010 0:46:53   
forumlogin

Omigod. XD
Just replayed the Christmas event.
It's amazing how much nostalgia is crammed into there. Ah, peppermint shots, Ticklish Zorbo, Shadow Claws...everything.
Funny how satisfied replaying it makes me feel.
DF MQ  Post #: 348
1/1/2011 13:13:50   
Shards Superior

Hmm...

We only raise the cap 5 levels this last year? That's depressing. The year before that, I think we got through at least 10 (12?) levels the year before.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 349
1/1/2011 23:35:29   
jhb8

i remeber when the knightingtron came out, it was the most expensive and highest hp mech
i wanted it so bad, i went out and farmed credits for days, was totally worth it imo at the time
DF MQ  Post #: 350
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AK= The MechQuest Nostalgia Thread
Page 14 of 17«<1213141516>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition