Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Dragesvard

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Dragesvard
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/25/2008 20:21:30   
Resolute

Dragesvard

Access Point: Travel Map (Books 1 and 2) -> Dragesvard -> Take me there!,
Access Point: The Crossroads (Books 1 and 2) -> Vorst -> Let's go!,
Access Point: Timeline (Book 1) -> The Orb Saga – The Ice Orb -> To Dragesvard,
Access Point: Book of Lore -> Orb Saga -> Ice Orb
Level/Quest/Items required: None
Release Date: July 25th, 2008

Quests Available
Random Quests
Dragonbane Vein
The Hatchling Hunt
Snow Rescue!
Draggin' in Dragesvard

The Ice Orb
A Cold Reception
Un-BEAR-Able Cold
Gary
Not So Great Escape
The Killguin Arena
Bear Facts
Long In The Tooth
The Snow Fields
Gary's Fate
Ice Queen
Olaf's Party

DragonSlayer Training
Tipping the Scales

NPCs
Astrid
Bjorn
BorkBork
Brunhilda
Eydis
Fenrir
G'joob
Galanoth
Gerda
Grrol
Helga
Ikea
Ingaberg
King Linus
Lief
Norsk
Olaf
Oslo
Sven

Shops
BorkBork
Bork's Blades

Fenrir
Suneater's Helms

Ikea
Ikea DC
Ikea Gold

Dialogue
Central Intersection

Entrance

Galanoth: Welcome to Dragesvard, <Character>. I stand between the good people of this town and the dragons who want to destroy their home!

• Random Quest! Go on Galanoth's random quests!
      Galanoth: One of the reasons that I came to this region was in search of Dragonbane!
      Galanoth: There are small deposits of it around, but the Polar Dravir of the region are trying to get to it first!
      Galanoth: Head into some of the local ice caves and see if you can defend some of the small Dragonbane deposits that I've staked out.

Galanoth: I think it's time that you took on a dragon, <Character>.
      Galanoth: Some of the ice dragon hatchlings have started making homes in the ice caves that naturally form in the local glaciers.
      Galanoth: They have started to hunt the wildlife and they are making hunting for the citizens of Dragesvard difficult and dangerous.
      Galanoth: Track down one of these scaly beasts and take care of it.

Galanoth: I've got a problem that I need your help with, <Character>. Some of the settlers who survived the ice dragon attacks on their own towns...
      Galanoth: ...were trying to make it to Dragesvard for protection. A lot of them get lost in the frozen tundra.
      Galanoth: Go out and bring back as many as you can... if the local monsters haven't beaten you to them.

Galanoth: I'm hopeful some of the townspeople have seen Dragonsbane. Find them and ask them about it, if you would?
  • Quests
    Galanoth: I'm glad that you're here to help out, <Character>.
    • A Cold Reception
      Galanoth: The people of this town deserve justice. Fighting the dragons off is working for now but we need to find the source.
      Galanoth: I have a lot of leads to follow and I could use another pair of eyes to help me investigate, as well as another pair of hands to help me fight.
      Galanoth: If you think you are up to the challange... I have a lead that I'd like you to look into.
      Galanoth: There is a cave in the base of an icy mountain to the northwest of here. The people say that it was once the home of a dragon...
      Galanoth: ...One of the BIG ones, a Great Dragon.
      Galanoth: I think the dragon has cut and run. The cave is now home to a tribe of Killguins who call themselves the Killy Willy tribe.
      Galanoth: Check out the cave. Look for any sign of the dragon... and try to keep your eyes open for any... unusual artifacts.
      Galanoth: Return to me with whatever you find. Watch your back, <Character>.

• Un-BEAR-able Cold
      Galanoth: <Character>, I have to put aside my own quest for revenge to help the people of this land.
      Galanoth: As soon as this town is safe, you can bet that I'll be back on Akriloth's tail in no time, but for now... we have work to do.
      Galanoth: The last human settlement to fall was a village named Frode, so the trail should be freshest there.
      Galanoth: Frode was built high upon a glacial cliff, but that didn't save them from the attacks. Now the ruins are swarming with scavengers.
      Galanoth: Normally, the frost goblins would have first rights to loot the ruins, but a fierce tribe of armored polar bears have shown up.
      Galanoth: This tribe call themselves the Ursice Savages, and they will take a break from driving off the frost goblins if you show up.
      Galanoth: Fight your way to the remains of the village and look for any clues that might lead us to the ice dragons who destroyed the village.
      Galanoth: Return to me with whatever you find. Watch your back, <Character>.

• Gary
      Galanoth: Greetings, <Character>. I'm almost ready to go look through the Ice Elf ruins with you.
      Galanoth: I don't want the ice dragons to think that I have abandoned my post so I had Cysero make me this magic cardboard cut out...
      Galanoth: Greetings, adventurer. I kill dragons!
      Galanoth: ...
      Galanoth: Is that really how I sound? Well, I guess it will do.
      Galanoth: I'm ready when you are!
      • Quest! - begins Gary quest.

• Not So Great Escape
      Galanoth: Greetings, adventurer. I kill dragons!

• The Killguin Arena
      Galanoth: Greetings, <Character>. Aisha, the queen of the ice elves, is gathering her forces and preparing to attack Dragesvard.
      Galanoth: We just don't have the strength to stand up to the ice dragons and the ice elves by ourselves.
      Galanoth: You have to go convince the Killguins to join with the humans. Their help won't be enough but they would be good friends to have in this battle.
      Galanoth: Do whatever it takes to win the Killguins over to our side. If you don't... Aisha will.

• Bear Facts
      Galanoth: You did well with the Killguins, <Character>... far better than I could have hoped, and you returned just in time.
      Galanoth: I recieved a... message from a shaman from the Ursice Savages. Actually it was more of a dream.
      Galanoth: I was told to send you to the ice islands to the south at a very specific time and date.... today.... now.
      Galanoth: I've had one of the Dragesvard supply rafts prepared for you, you need to leave right now.
      Galanoth: Once you arrive, the shaman will tell you what you need to do to convice the bears to join us. Good Luck, <Class>.

• MORE QUESTS!

• Long In The Tooth
        Galanoth: Great work, <Character>. Now the Killguils and Ursice Savages are with us! All that remains are the Tuksers.
        Galanoth: They are a race of rugged, nomadic wal...rus...es? Walrii? Warlusi?
        Galanoth: Anyway, they are very secretive... they untrusting of outsiders, so this will not be easy.
        Galanoth: If you can convince them to join us, then we will have the support that we need.
        Galanoth: No matter how this turns out, <Character>, I'm impressed with your work so far. I never could have done what you have acomplished. Good luck.

• The Snow Fields
        Galanoth: We have to go talk to the WHO?!?!?

• Gary
        Galanoth: Aisha's army is in ruins and we've got the stragglers on the run!
        Galanoth: We've got to face down the General of the ice dragon army while we can.... whoever he is.

• Ice Queen
        Galanoth: We've cleared the way and only a few of her servants stand between us and Aisha!
        Galanoth: Are you prepares to face the Queen of the ice elves, <Character>? This will require all of our strength.

• Olaf's Party
        Galanoth: Finally, Dragesvard is safe. I couldn't have done all of this without you <Character>.
        Galanoth: Now, there is just one more pressing matter that we have to deal with...
  • Talk
    Galanoth: I'll answer any questions that you have, <Class>.
    • Who are you?
      Galanoth: My name is Galanoth. I'm a Dragonslayer and I've come to Dragesvard to defend it against attacking dragons.
      Galanoth: It is my sworn duty to protect the innocent from evil dragons.
      Galanoth: There may be a "good dragon" but I've never met one. Or maybe I have... but it didn't last long enough to mention it.
      Galanoth: I will never lay down my lance until Dragesvard is safe and every last dragon in the region is slain or runs.
      Galanoth: If you want to join forces with me, then you are welcome... Just be sure you can handle yourself. I don't want to pick you out of dragon teeth.

• Dragonslayer?
      Galanoth: a Dragonslayer is... well, it's exactly what it sounds like. We hunt dragons, then we slay them.
      Galanoth: As far as I know, I am the only one in the world but I'm always looking for talented heroes to join the ranks of the Dragonslayers.
      Galanoth: When I was younger I met a DragonMaster who called himself Frostscythe. He is a pathetic man...
      Galanoth: ... He uses his control over dragons to take what he wants. He's nothing but a sad, little thug. I despise him and his kind.
      Galanoth: I decided to stand against people like Frostscythe.... to become his opposite... so I became a Dragonslayer

• Dragonlords?
      Galanoth: Dragonlords... I have heard of them before. I know that they are similar to DragonMasters.
      Galanoth: I know that there are differences as well. Dragonlords draw their power from an item called a Dragon Amulet.
      Galanoth: It allows them to speak to and control dragons. DragonMasters also have Dragon Amulets but theirs are fakes!
      Galanoth: The fakes are fragile... shatter when they come up against a dragon with great willpower. I can only imagine how terrible real Dragonlords must be!
      Galanoth: I have to admit... the power to control dragons would be very VERY useful to a Dragonslayer.
      Galanoth: Maybe one day I will face and defeat a real Dragonlord... and keep their Dragon Amulet as a prize!

• Dragesvard?
      Galanoth: Dragesvard is the last human settlement in the northlands. The rest have been destroyed by these recent dragon attacks.
      Galanoth: The rest of those were normal towns... I'm sure that you've noticed how unique Dragesvard is.
      Galanoth: It is built into the side of a giant iceberg that follows a strong tide around the northern sea.
      Galanoth: It flows into the path of migrating seals and various schools of arctic fish and whales. It makes hunting and fishing very good all year round.
      Galanoth: But the high ice walls, the icy overhang and the constant movement also make Dragesvard a fortress of ice!
      Galanoth: The attacking dragons can't touch it, until they come up with a new way to attack. But dragons are crafty, cruel animals. it won't be long...

• Dragonbane?
      Galanoth: Dragonbane is a rare mineral that can be refined into metal. It's very rare but very toxic to dragons!
      Galanoth: I've always wanted to find enough to make a sword out of...

• The Attacks?
      Galanoth: I wish I knew what caused these dragons to begin attacking the human towns in the area...
      Galanoth: ...But it really doesn't matter.
      Galanoth: My job is to stop these dragons from hurting innocent humans, and that's what I'm going to do.
      Galanoth: If you really want to investigate, <Character>, go ahead. Just don't let it distract you from why you're here.
  • Invite Galanoth
    Galanoth: If you really want to investigate, <Character>, go ahead. Just don't let it distract you from why you're here.
    • ...as Friend A - Galanoth joins you as Guest A.
    • ...as Friend B - Galanoth joins you as Guest B.
    • Univite (Removes all friends)
  • Heal & potions - fully replenishes HP, MP, and potions.

• Become A Dragonslayer!
    Galanoth: You have to earn the title "Dragonslayer", <Character>.
    Galanoth: Surviving single combat against one of these wretched creatures takes more than a tough hide and a quick blade or spell.
    Galanoth: When I have seen that you're capable of being more than a dragonsnack, I will consider it.
    • Buy Dragonslayer Armor
      Galanoth: I require one Ice Dragon Scale, <Character>. Prove that you've rid the north of one more of these wretched creatures.

• Give Galanoth Ice Dragon Scale - unlocks DragonSlayer class, if locked.

If you have unlocked DragonSlayer already:
        (Pop-up: You have already unlocked the Dragonslayer Armor.)

quote:

NOTE: You do not need to be wearing the Dragonslayer Armor to obtain Ice Dragon Scales from Galanoth's quests.

• Train Dragonslayer Armor
      Galanoth: <Character>, I need your help. Consider this part of your Dragonslayer training.
      Galanoth: My mother was an enchantress. When my village was destroyed I was still very young and didn't realize the extent of her power, ...
      Galanoth: ...or the amount of magic contained in the gifts she gave me. I remember an entire chest of glowing stones, orbs and pebbles ...
      Galanoth: ... they were nothing more than playthings to me, but they contained a powerful magic which my mother drew from for her enchanting.
      Galanoth: I had forgotten about them until now, but I recovered several of them from dragons in Aisha's legion.
      Galanoth: It's clear they were stolen when my village was destroyed. The dragons had been using them to increase their own magical powers.
      Galanoth: After so many years, the stones have been drained, they no longer have the power they once held.
      Galanoth: The dragons have begun using them as chips, baubles... winning them in games of chance.
      Galanoth: The dragons can be found in a massive gambling boat off the coast, in the Freezing Sea.
      Galanoth: Take the stones by force or win them by chance. It doesn't matter how... just stop them from leeching the power from my mother's things, <Character>!
      Galanoth: For every stone you return to me, I will teach you a Dragonslayer skill!

• Quest! - begins Tipping the Scales quest.

• Train
        If you haven't fully trained DragonSlayer already:
        Consumes 1 Enchanter's Stone, unlocks a new skill. (Pop-up: Enchanter's Stone Required!)

If you have fully trained DragonSlayer already:
        (Pop-up: Dragonslayer Armor fully trained!)

quote:

NOTE: You do not need to be wearing the Dragonslayer Armor to obtain Ice Dragon Scales from Galanoth's quests.

• Wear Dragonslayer Armor
      Galanoth: Do you want to become a Dragonslayer? Have you earned the right to call yourself that?

• Wear Dragonslayer - equips DragonSlayer class.
      • Give Armor back

quote:

• Set Home Town
    Galanoth: Would you like to make Dragesvard your home town?
    • Yes - sets player's home town to Dragesvard.
      Galanoth: Ok, your home town has been reset to Dragesvard.

• No
    Bork's Blades

BorkBork: Greetings <Class>! Welcome to Bork's Blades (and other things too). How can I help you?

• Shop - opens Bork's Blades shop.

• Talk
    BorkBork: I'm BorkBork. My friends call me Bork. It may sound silly to you but it was what my father called me.
    BorkBork: He was the greatest chef in the history of Dragesvard!
    BorkBork: ... made great meatballs.

• Rumors
    BorkBork: I've heard that the dragons that have been attacking are all under the command of one person! Who could have that much power?

• Leave - exits shop.

Suneater Helms

Fenrir: Hello there, hero! Welcome to Suneater Helms! My name is Fenrir.

• Shop - opens Suneater's Helms shop.

• Talk
    Fenrir: It can get pretty cold up here in the northlands.
    Fenrir: It's always a good idea to wear protective headgear when you go adventuring in sub-arctic temperatures.
    Fenrir: You learn these things when you grow up on an iceberg.

• Rumors
    Fenrir: They say that Galanoth's village was destroyed by a dragon when he was a boy and he has spent his whole life getting even.

• Leave - exits shop.

Western Section

Gryphon Flightmaster Stable

Brunhilda: Greetings, hero! We raise the worlds finest gryphons here in the northlands! Where do you wish to fly?

• Enables Dragesvard Gryphon Flightmaster.

Outside Bork's Blades
    (after Dragesvard Under Siege Olaf's Party)

G'joob: The Tuskers have asked me to stay here and open trade with the humans! This is a big step for us. Thank you, <Character>!

Eastern Section

Outside Ikea's House Items
    (after Olaf's Party)

Norsk: That is the LAST time I go to one of Olaf's parties. They always end the same way...
    Lief: With a giant ice dragon holding us hostage to draw out the hero who saved our town?

Ikea's House Items

Ikea: Hi There! Welcome to my House Items shop. My name is Ikea!

Gold!
  • Shop - opens Ikea Gold shop.

Dragon Coins!
  • Shop - opens Ikea DC shop.

• Talk
    Ikea: This is great! I haven't had a customer in... well, EVER!
    Ikea: It's like no one even owned houses until recently. Now everyone wants to fill up there houses!
    Ikea: I'm getting orders from as far away as Falconreach! Weird, right?

• Rumors
    Ikea: Galanoth warned me not to go to the cave in the iceburg near the waterline. What do you suppose is down there?

• Leave - exits shop.

Outside Sven's House, on a Barrel

King Linus: Hey <Character>! I would say that you humans have earned your share of the fish in the Freezing Sea. Thanks for saving my people.

Bottom of the Staircase
    (after Olaf's Party)

Ingaberg: Thanks for saving us, <Character>. I really didn't want to end up a person-sicle for Aisha!
    Gerda: I'd tell all my friends how amazing you are... but you saved all of my friends when you saved me! Thanks, <Character>!

Northern Section

Top of the Staircase
    (after Olaf's Party)

Oslo: I just think it's strange that no one noticed that we were missing for so long. We were frozen in that pool for a WHILE.
    Helga: How do you think that THEY feel... they had to work every shift in every store with no relief... and no customers!

Outside the Dragesvard Inn

Grrol: The Ursice Savages could learn much from the people of Dragesvard. I have chosen to stay and learn from your example, <Character>.

Outside the Dragesvard Inn
    (after Olaf's Party)

Bjorn: OMG IT'S YOU! YAY! YOU SAVED MY LIFE! OMGOMGOMG *pant pant* Ok, I need to calm down before I pass out again. Ok... Ok... Breathe...

Dragesvard Inn
    (after Olaf's Party)

Eydis: Welcome! The Spring thaw isn't for a few months, so the fire here might be the only warmth you'll feel in town.

• Rest - fully replenishes HP and MP.

• Potions - fully replenishes potions.
    Eydis: There potions have been heated to provide a bit of extra warmth in the middle of battle!

• Ghosts?
    Eydis: Oh, no, we don't have a problem with ghosts here! That's a strange question, but thank you for asking.
    Eydis: We did have a poltergeist who tried to scare the little ones, but all he did was toss ice cubes at them. They're so used to cold, they just laughed at him.

• Dragonblade
    Eydis: The Dragonblade? I've heard rumors that Galanoth may go in search of it. As busy as he is, though, I'm not sure when that will be.

• Set Home Town - see 'Ghosts?' dialogue (bugged).

Outside Olaf's House
    (after Olaf's Party)

Astrid: That was SOME party. It's been ages since I've had that much fun!
    Olaf: Really? Well, I'm glad someone had fun. Thanks for saving our lives <Character>!

Outside Fenrir's House
    (after Olaf's Party)

Sven: The whole town owes you a huge debt, <Character>. We still have some leftovers from the party. Want a sausage?

Other information
  • Pop-up headlines while exploring the town:
    quote:

• This empty barrel smells like sausages.

Before Olaf's Party
  • A note reads: "Sven, quit stealing my sausages out of my sausages barrel! I'll see you at Olaf's. -Helga"
  • A sign on the door reads: "Brunhilda, went to Olaf's to help him set up. See you there when you get off work! -Oslo"
  • The inn door is locked right now. A sign says "At Olaf's Cookout!"
  • Hey, it's Olaf's house! You can't go to a party without bringing some food! Better wait.
  • A note on the door reads: "Fenrir, went to get sausages for Olaf's cookout! Meet you there -Sven"

After Olaf's Party
  • Fenrir is at work!
  • Most of the Dragesvard townspeople do not appear until completion of the quest Olaf's Party; access to the Dragesvard Inn is also withheld until after this quest's completion, effectively making these features DA required.

Thanks to
  • Jay for entry reformat, other information, and corrections.
  • DragonBlade and Jamenja for initial entry reformat.
  • PhantomBlitz, The 13th, and wolfman_naruto for links.
  • Voodoo Master for additional dialogue.
  • Epic Durian, feonixbrim, ILmaster13, and WoTiFe for information.
  • chandlerrulz and Frostburn for corrections.

< Message edited by Jay -- 9/28/2021 21:27:40 >
  • AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Dragesvard
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition