Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

[BSG] The Anubis Knight

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Game Support] >> DragonFable Strategy >> [BSG] The Anubis Knight
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/9/2008 15:32:35   
Myra
Killing time softly

THE ANUBIS KNIGHT

000 Content

100 Introduction
200 The Anubis Knight
300 Battle Strategies
301 General Recommendations
302 Strategy for Mage Class
302A Weapons
302B Attacks
303 Strategy for Rogue class
303A Weapons
303B Attacks
304 Strategy for Warrior class
304A Weapons
304B Attacks
305 Guests/Pets
305A Guests
305B Pets
400 Credits

Seach hint: Press Ctrl+F and insert number in brackets []

Updates

November/11/2008: Added ghost-tog pet to the list of pets
December/15/2008: Added silver weapons from the quest "There's No Place like Oaklore"

100 Introduction
[100]

This guide will help you to defeat the monster known as the Anubis Knight. Since he has a high stun resistance, deals a lot of damage and is even able to restore his own health, he is a challenging enemy, but with the right strategy you will triumph once again!
You will encounter the Anubis Knight in two quests of the Sandsea quest chain. First is the quest "The traitor", where you have to defeat a single Anubis Knight as the boss monster. The second time you meet him is in the final quest of the sandsea, "Sek Duat lives again", where you have to kill five Anubis Knights on your way to Sek-Duat XV.

200 The Anubis Knight
[200]

First: The Sandsea -> Sek-Duat XV -> Quests -> The Traitor
Note: To start this quest you have to complete Zhooms quest chain until "Sek-Duats invite" is unlocked. You also have to complete Sek-Duats quest "The Sandwitch".

Second: The Sandsea -> Talk to Zhoom -> Quests -> Sek-Duat Lives Again
Note: You have to finish the previous Sandsea quests, including "Zhowdown" before this quest is unlocked.

Note:In the quest The Traitor, you will have to fight a few sandstorms (wind elementals), before you meet the Anubis Knight. They are weak to stone and immune to wind, so it is good if you have a stone weapon, but you can also use weapons of any other element except wind. You will get a full heal before fighting the Anubis Knight.
In the quest Sek-Duat lives again, you fight three sunspikes (immune to light) before you meet the Anubis Knights. There is a one time full heal in this quest on the right side of the entrance to the secret passage (the blue glowing jar).

The Anubis Knight's stats

Element: None
Level: Scaled (Your character's level)
Damage: Scaled
Damage Type: Melee
HP: Scaled
MP: Scaled
XP: Scaled
Gold: Scaled
Stats: STR: 12, INT: 1, DEX: 3, END: 12, CHA: 1, LUK: 2
Defenses: Melee: 5, Range: 5, Magic: 5
Offenses: Crit: 2
Resistances: Immobility: 70, Silver: -60, Metal: 50, Darkness: -20, Light: 100

The Anubis Knight's Attacks

• Normal attack (Anubis Knight punches your character, one hit)
  • Triple hit attack (Shoots three beams from his eyes, this attack deals a lot of damage!)
  • Boost himself (+80% Block for three rounds)
  • Special: he will regain some health points (number is scaled) during every turn

Note: The Anubis Knights in the quest "Sek-Duat lives again" have less HP than the one in "The traitor", but they have the same stats and abilities and you have to defeat five of them.

300 Battle Strategies
    [300]

301 General Recommendations
    [301]

First of all, I suggest that you don't fight the Anubis Knight before your character is at least level 18. Since the quests are scaled, you will probably be able to defeat him at lower levels, but it will be a lot harder. Low level characters cannot use all their base class abilities, they have low HP and they usually don't have good weapons. Also, there is really no need to rush through the game. When you are at a low level, do the Oaklore quests and the Dragonegg saga, take the time to level up and farm for some decent weapons, after that the game will be much more fun.

Second, I recommend that you train your alchemy level to the maximum. You can train it one level above your character's level. It will make hard fights such as this one a lot easier. Use this guide to learn everything about alchemy training.

I will list detailed strategies for the three base classes of Dragonfable below. I have sorted the classes in this guide alphabetical (mage, rogue, warrior).
    I have tested the strategies below with my own characters to be sure they'll work. I will not post strategies for the advanced classes like ninja or deathknight yet, as I am a free player and know only the left half of their skills. If you have any strategies for the advanced classes that could be useful for DA-holders, please feel free to tell me about them, and I will amend the guide.

302 Strategy for Mage class
    [302]

302A Weapons
    [302A]

The Anubis Knight's main weakness is the silver element. That's why I recommend to use silver weapons.

Silver weapons for mages

Pale Silver Staff (damage: 30-40, level: 15) From: There's No Place like Oaklore
    The Tong (damage: 12-66, level: 16) From: Fire Cave/Floating Cave/It's a Dirty Job/Pyramid (DA)
    Rod of Reflection(damage: 26-48, level: 17) From: Crystal Clear Lake
    Quicksilver (damage: 38-40, level: 20) From: Crystal Clear Lake
    Waning Silver (damage: 34-56, level: 20) From: Cysero's Superstore of Savings (DA)(DC)
    Sterling Silver Staff (damage: 41-53 , level: 25) From: There's No Place like Oaklore
    Fathom's Deep (damage: 40-66, level: 31) From: Meringue's Shop (DA)
    Plated Silver Staff (damage: 51-65, level: 35) From: There's No Place like Oaklore
    Lustrous Silver Staff (damage: 59-71, level: 45) From: There's No Place like Oaklore (DA)

Note: I took these weapons from the guide "Weapons sorted by Power" from the encyclopedia. (DA) means a weapon is only for DragonAmulet owners, (DC) means you can buy this weapon with DragonCoins.

For higher level characters, it can be difficult to obtain a silver weapon that is suitable for their level and class, because the only silver weapons for level 35 and 45 drop from the quest "There's No Place like Oaklore". This quest is very long, and laggy on some computers. Plus, it has 12 possible weapons drops, and the possibility to drop nothing or a junk item. You will either need good luck or many, many tries to get the right weapon for your level and class.
    Fortunately, the Anubis Knight is also weak to darkness. That means if you do not have a silver weapon, a good darkness weapon will do the job as well. To find darkness weapons that you could use, please have a look at my basic strategy guide about Sek-Duat, where I have listed them sorted by character class and level requirement. (You will find them in the encyclopedia as well, but if you are fighting the Anubis Knight, you will meet Sek-Duat very soon anyway).

If you have neither a silver nor a darkness weapon, you can use weapons of another element, but this will make the fight more difficult. Just remember that you cannot use light weapons, as the Anubis Knight is immune to them

302B Attacks
    [302B]

Because of the Anubis Knight's high immobility resistance, I don't recommend to use sleep. If the Anubis Knight resists, you will have wasted a turn. Instead, use shield and blind as much as you can, to avoid the monster's attacks.
    I suggest this strategy for mage characters:

• shield
  • blind
  • final*
  • fury/attack** until Anubis Knight dies
  • use blind and shield as often as possible
  • use health potions if necessary

*You can vary the order of skills. When the Anubis Knight uses his +80% block ability, your character will probably not hit him. You should only use final when you know that he is not protected by his block ability. Try to use abilities like shield or power boost when he is protected, that do not attack, but defend or boost your character, or use a health potion when your HP are low. You can also use try the sleep skill, because it is not affected by his block, and if you are lucky you can stun him for three rounds. As a mage, you can also just use attack/fury all the time and don't have to worry if you miss sometimes (just watch your HP and use potions if you need them), because the mage does not have any abilities that require a successful attack beforehand (like the rogue's rapid or the warrior's double/triple).

** fury has 150% random damage, use it if your character has enough MP, otherwise you can use attack

303 Strategy for Rogue class
    [303]

303A Weapons
    [303A]

The Anubis Knight's main weakness is the silver element. That's why I recommend to use silver weapons.

Silver weapons for rogues

Pale Silver Dirk(damage: 24-50, level: 15) From: There's No Place like Oaklore
    Silver Sliver (damage: 36-38, level: 17) From: Crystal Clear Lake
    Brilliant Blade (damage: 38-40, level: 20) From: Crystal Clear Lake
    Waxing Silver (damage: 34-56, level: 20) From: Cysero's Superstore of Savings (DA)(DC)
    Sterling Silver Dirk (damage: 40-50, level: 25) From: There's No Place like Oaklore
    Killick's Point (damage: 45-61, level: 31) From: Meringue's Shop (DA)
    Plated Silver Dirk (damage: 54-62, level: 35) From: There's No Place like Oaklore
    Lustrous Silver Dirk (damage: 59-71, level: 45) From: There's No Place like Oaklore (DA)

Note: I took these weapons from the guide "Weapons sorted by Power" from the encyclopedia.(DA) means a weapon is only for DragonAmulet owners, (DC) means you can buy this weapon with DragonCoins.

For higher level characters, it can be difficult to obtain a silver weapon that is suitable for their level and class, because the only silver weapons for level 35 and 45 drop from the quest "There's No Place like Oaklore". This quest is very long, and laggy on some computers. Plus, it has 12 possible weapons drops, and the possibility to drop nothing or a junk item. You will either need good luck or many, many tries to get the right weapon for your level and class.
    Fortunately, the Anubis Knight is also weak to darkness. That means if you do not have a silver weapon, a good darkness weapon will do the job as well. To find darkness weapons that you could use, please have a look at my basic strategy guide about Sek-Duat, where I have listed them sorted by character class and level requirement. (You will find them in the encyclopedia as well, but if you are fighting the Anubis Knight, you will meet Sek-Duat very soon anyway).

If you have neither a silver nor a darkness weapon, you can use weapons of another element, but this will make the fight more difficult. Just remember that you cannot use light weapons, as the Anubis Knight is immune to them

303B Attacks
    [303B]

Because of the Anubis Knight's high immobility resistance, I don't recommend to use distract. If the monster resists, you will have wasted a turn. Instead, use your smoke ability to avoid it's attacks.
    I suggest this strategy for rogue characters:

• smoke
  • final
  • stealth*
  • rapid
  • surprise
  • smoke
  • rapid
  • ... go on until Anubis Knight dies

* you can vary the order of skills. Use stealth when the Anubis Knight uses his boost ability, because then he has +80% block and you probably wouldn't hit him anyway. That's why that is a good point of time for abilities that do not cause damage, but boost or defend your character, or to use a health potion if your HP are low. You could also try to distract him (this skill is not affected by his blocking, and if you are lucky, you can stun him for three rounds), or to use your potion stealing ability. If rapid is available, you can use it, because at least one of the four attacks might hit him and because it could get lost if you use another ability first. Just make sure that he is not protected by his +80% block skill before you use final.

304 Strategy for Warrior class
    [304]

304A Weapons
    [304A]

Silver weapons for warriors

Silver Starsword (damage: 32-40, level: 11) From: Cysero's Superstore of Savings (DC)
    Pale Silver Rapier (damage: 30-46, level: 15) From: There's No Place like Oaklore
    Shining Duo (damage: 30-46, level: 17) From: Crystal Clear Lake
    Movement Blade (damage: 38-40, level: 20) From: Crystal Clear Lake
    Full Silver (damage: 35-55, level: 20) From: Cysero's Superstore of Savings (DA)(DC)
    Sterling Silver Rapier (damage: 41-51, level: 25) From: There's No Place like Oaklore
    Octopieces (damage: 42-64, level: 31) From: Meringue's Shop (DA)
    Plated Silver Rapier (damage: 49-67, level 35) From: There's No Place like Oaklore
    Lustrous Silver Rapier (damage: 54-72, level 45) From: There's No Place like Oaklore (DA)

Note: I took these weapons from the guide "Weapons sorted by Power" from the encyclopedia.(DA) means a weapon is only for DragonAmulet owners, (DC) means you can buy this weapon with DragonCoins.

304B Attacks
    [304B]

Since the warrior's stun attack causes damage, you may start with it if you like, even though the Anubis Knight has a high stun resistance. Your turn will not be completely wasted, even if the monster resists the immobility effect.
    I recommend this strategy for warriors:

• defend
  • stun (he will probably resist the immobility effect, but at least take damage)
  • final*
  • double
  • triple
  • defend
  • double
  • triple
  • ... go on until the Anubis Knight dies (the ones in the secret passage of Sek-Duats palace will die faster than the boss monster in the traitor quest)

*you can vary the order of skills a bit. When he uses his +80% block ability, your character will probably not hit him. You should use final when you know he is not protected by the block ability. When the Anubis Knight uses the block skill, you should use abilities like defend or warcry, that don't attack, but protect or boost your character, or use a health potion if your HP are low. If triple is available, you may use it despite his 80% block rate, because at least one of the three attacks might hit him and because it will get lost if you use other skills. If your character has enough MP, you can also use the power attack at any time, it is always available and does a lot of damage if you are lucky and hit him - it might even kill him if his HP are already reduced.

305 Guests/Pets
    [305]

305A Guests
    [305A]

As you will remember, the Anubis Knight is immune to light and has 50% metal resistance. That means that your guests, especially Artix, will not be as useful as in most other fights. Artix's holy attack will be completely useless, because it deals light damage. The guests that do metal damage (Artix with his normal attack, Valencia, Ash, Galanoth) will do only half the damage you are used to. The only guest who doesn't deal metal damage is Robina with 5-12 wood damage.
    In the quest "Sek-Duat lives again", Zhoom will be your temporary guest (you cannot invite other guests for this quest). He is more useful than the other guests, because he has an energy attack (Summon Zixcy) and two fire attacks (Fire Arrow and Bomb Arrow). His Double Arrow attack does light damage, that means you should not use it against the Anubis Knight. Use his normal attack while the Anubis Knight is protected by the +80% block skill, because during that time Zhoom will probably miss and you would waste the good skills if you use them.

305B Pets
    [305B]

If you have your baby dragon, I recommend that you set it's element to darkness (talk to Lady Celestia in Sunbreeze Grove and click "Elementize") and take it with you.

Other pets you could use are:

Pets with silver element

Jacksparrow (damage: 14-21, level: 30) From: Osprey Grove Pet Shop (DA)

Note: The Jacksparrow is currently the only pet that does silver damage.

Pets with darkness element

Fiend (Damage: 8-19, Level: 20 ) From: Cysero's Superstore savings (DC)
    Red Imp (Damage: 6-15, Level: 12 ) From: Defenders shop (DA,DM)
    Red Imp II (Damage: 7-16, Level: 15 ) From: Defenders shop (DA,DM)
    Zorbak (Damage: 2-5, Level: 5) From: A stump in surewood (Temp)
    Dementon (Damage: 1-5, Level: 3 ) From: Grams pet quests (Temp,DA)
    Ghost-Tog Pet (Damage: 13-18, Level: 1) From: Hedgemaze shop (Note: This pet does not only do darkness damage, it also has a fire attack)

Note:I took this information from the guide "Pets and Guests by element" from the encyclopedia. (DA) means that this pet is only for DA-holders. (DC) means you can buy this pet with Dragoncoins. (DM) means you need Defender's Medals to merge this pet. Temp means this pet is temporary and will not be shown in your inventory.

400 Credits
    [400]

Thanks to:
    Gothmog because he let me make this guide and for the FAQ tag
    Andy8 for making the banner and ideas to make the guide better
    $$archie$$ for the calculations about the weapons damage
    The people who made the encyclopedia entrys that I used

FAQed!

< Message edited by Mysterious Ranger -- 12/15/2008 8:31:14 >
  • DF MQ  Post #: 1
    8/20/2008 3:06:00   
    wolfman_naruto

I believe for those DA can use their upgraded doom weapons to battle them
    AQ DF  Post #: 2
    8/20/2008 13:41:03   
    Myra
    Killing time softly

Thanks for the reply, Wolfman Naruto. I mentioned that you can use darkness weapons, but I decided not to include the list of them because I did not want that guide to become too long and because I have that list in the BSG about Sek-Duat (including the Doom weapons and mentioning their upgraded forms), so I only gave the link to it.
    But do you think that the Upgraded Doom Weapons would be better for fighting the Anubis Knight than the highest level silver weapons? They sure have a higher damage per turn, but you have to consider that his weakness against silver is -60 while the weakness against darkness is only -20. I can't test this myself, but if any DA-holder has experiences with the Dread Doom weapons and the silver weapons from Meringues shop, please let me know which of them you find better.
    However, for high level free players, I found it slightly easier to use my high level darkness weapons (the rare Perfect Spectrus Weapons, that is, not the doom weapons) than my silver weapons, because there are no high level silver weapons for non-DAs at the moment. I did not mention this in the BSG because I wanted it to be especially useful for new players at lower levels, who have problems to finish these quests. I think the Anubis Knight is not a big problem for experienced high level players .
    DF MQ  Post #: 3
    8/21/2008 5:15:58   
    wolfman_naruto

sure Armakuny could help you
    AQ DF  Post #: 4
    8/21/2008 8:03:39   
    archie
    Legendary

well im non-da but ive done a few calculations based on average damage:
    Dread SRoD: 45-79 (Avg: 62)
    62*1.2=74.4

Octopieces: 42-64 (Avg: 53)
    53*1.6=84.8

thus, the level 31 silver weapons are better for DAs

for non-das:

SRoD: 36-68 (Avg: 52)
    52*1.2=62.4

shining duo: 30-46 (Avg: 38)
    38*1.6=60.8

perfect spectrus sword: 50-66 (Avg: 58)
    58*1.2=69.6

thus the SRoD or (if you have them) perfect spectrus weapons are the weapons of choice for non-das

also, personally when doing the quest i do:
    stun, double, triple, final which takes care of them. if he gets stunned its a bonus.
    if he shields then i shield, use power then continue my attack sequence. this only works for high level warriors who have good potions..

although this guide isnt aimed at high-end characters, i understand..

anyway, hope this helps..
    DF MQ  Post #: 5
    8/21/2008 8:32:43   
    Myra
    Killing time softly

Wow, thanks a lot, archie! I will add this and mention your name in the credits for this

Edit: I finally added this information to the guide.

Edit #2: The "no silver weapons for non-DA characters above level 20" problem has finally been solved by the release of the quest "There's No Place like Oaklore"

< Message edited by Mysterious Ranger -- 12/15/2008 8:32:57 >
    DF MQ  Post #: 6
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Game Support] >> DragonFable Strategy >> [BSG] The Anubis Knight
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2014 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition