Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Vartai Secrets!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [AQ Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events >> Vartai Secrets!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/29/2008 17:05:24   
Astral
Lost Star

Vartai Secrets!

Also see: Galanoth's Fate

Medrovia, ancestral home of Lord Cyrus and the Dracomancers...
  • Continue

<<Scene: Medrovia>>

Lord Cyrus and Sheila enter

Sheila: Brother, scouts have reported an unusual group of humans making their way toward the city.
    Lord Cyrus: All the humans from the south are unusual. What makes these so special?
    Sheila: They claim two of them are Dragonslayers. One matches Galanoth's description, and they're headed for the Elite Guard barracks just outside the city.
    Lord Cyrus: ... The Elite Guard barracks? We're in no danger, then. Tell the sentries to avoid a fight for now.

Scene zooms in to Sheila

Sheila: You're going to just LET them walk right into the training grounds for our best soldiers and possibly find out military secrets?

Scene shifts to Lord Cyrus

Lord Cyrus: Sheila, do you know why I had that barracks built almost half a mile from the city proper? ... Trust me, there's a very good reason--

Scene zooms out

Lord Cyrus: --and that is exactly why I don't care if Galanoth tried to storm the place. The slayers are no threat.
    Sheila: You'd let Galanoth and your own soldiers kill each other with no interference?
    Lord Cyrus: Yes, sister, if that's what it takes to open Galanoth's eyes to what he's doing.
    Sheila: I hope you know just what you're getting into here...
    <<Scene: Near Medrovia, with Galanoth and another Dragonslayer>>

Dragonslayer: Are you sure you should be doing this yourself, Sir?
    Galanoth: What choice do I have, Ryllik? We have to know what kind of army they're preparing to unleash on us, and if we can get rid of whoever's leading it.
    <<You>>: There's no way all three of us can get through safely. We'll have to split up.
    Ryllik: Right. You go with Galanoth. If he's spotted in this city, things will get dicey, and he'll need some help getting out in one piece.
    Ryllik: I will recon to the northeast and meet you back here at sunset. Good luck to you!

<<Scene: Outside the barracks of Medrovia>>

<<You>>: It's a barracks! From the looks of it, there are probably a few hundred Vartai soldiers down there.
    Galanoth: Then we have nothing to worry about. Let's do our best to sneak around, though-- We'll learn more by that method than by knocking heads together.
  • Go!

<<Scene: Within the barracks>>

Galanoth and you enter

<<You>>: Isn't it a little strange that this barracks is so far away from the actual city? It's out in the middle of nowhere, really... like Cyrus wanted to keep something AWAY --

A group of Vartai enter

Galanoth: We've been spotted! Get them before they can warn the others!

1 BATTLE
    Vartai Hunter
    1 BATTLE
    Vartai Blade Master
    1 BATTLE
    Vartai Hunter
    Optional Full Heal after the 3rd battle

<<You>>: Quick, get through that door before someone else spots us!
  • Go!

<<Scene: Inside a wooden cottage>>

Galanoth: We're in. Though I fail to see how we are far better off...
    <<You>>: Well, we might be able to find out just what it is Cyrus is trying to HIDE here, you know.
    Galanoth: Ahh.. quite a nice view. Maybe this barracks was placed here simply because the commanding officer liked the scenery.
    <<You>>: Let's see what is behind those oversized doors....
  • Go in!

<<Scene: Room with Vartai>>

Galanoth: ..................

All the Vartai face you and Galanoth

Galanoth: Very good choice, my friend.
    Guard: Dragonslayers all the way out here? Did the Captain get us new training victims?
    Guard: No, the only 'slayer that big and ugly is...Galanoth! GET HIM!
    <<You>>: We're only outnumbered a LITTLE bit, Galanoth....
  • Fight!

1 BATTLE
    Vartai Blade Master
    1 BATTLE
    Vartai Hunter
    1 BATTLE
    Vartai Blade Master
    Optional Full Heal after the 3rd battle

???: What's with all the commotion out here? I don't need you wrecking the place with your training, whelps.

A huge Vartai enters

Galanoth: ...I might need a bigger weapon for this one.
    <<You>>: H..H-Huge Vartai...Not good...
    Xerxes: The name is Xerxes, human. Warlord of the Medrovian army, and...
    Galanoth: I don't need a life story before I slay you! Fire Dragon, come forth!

A fire dragon appears and breathes fire onto Xerxes. Xerxes moves a little, then the fire dragon disappears.

Xerxes: Not a bad opener, tin can. That actually hurt a little.
    <<You>>: ................
    Galanoth: .....................
    <<You>>: He's...still standing? How strong IS this guy?
    Galanoth: I think we should make a quick tactical retreat... I'm going to need some time to come up with a plan to take care of him.
    <<You>>: Hurry! Back out the door we came in!!
  • Escape!

<<Scene: Back outside, with a Vartai Archer present>>

Galanoth: It would appear our retreat is going to be... complicated...
  • Battle!

1 BATTLE
    Vartai Hunter
    Optional Full Heal

<<You>>: Let's run down that hallway and find the back door!!

<<Scene: Hallway>>

Galanoth: Ah, good choice, friend. More draconic goodness to smash!!
  • Fight!

1 BATTLE
    Void Dragon
    Optional Full Heal

<<You>>: They must have kept some of the Void Dragons to breed them for their army! We have to get out of here. Let's turn left--

<<Scene: Dead end>>

Xerxes enters

Galanoth: I just LOVE dead ends!
    Xerxes: Why do you keep running, Galanoth? You're supposed to be the best the Dragonslayers have to offer!
    <<You>>: Don't do it, Galanoth! I'll hold him off. You get out of here!
    Xerxes: Don't try to waste my time, human. You're not worth the effort of swinging my axe even once. Galanoth is the one who I'll destroy today!
    Galanoth: Allow me to INDULGE you--

Galanoth engages in battle with Xerxes. Xerxes power is so overwhelming that he flings Galanoth out of the house, causing a hole. Outside, Galanoth gets back up from his knees and throws a dagger at Xerxes. Xerxes uses his axe and strikes the ground. A blast hits Galanoth, sending him flying off the hill, away from the barracks.

<<You>>: GALANOTH!!!!
    Xerxes: A battle worthy of a Vartai. You had your brother's spirit and honor, human.
    <<You>>: N-- no way... Galanoth...
    Xerxes: Get out of my sight. You wouldn't be any fun to battle at all.
    <<You>>: Is that all that fight was to you? Are you that heartless?!
    Xerxes: Stupid human... True warriors live and die in battle. There's no other way!

• FIGHT XERXES! (Lose 5 Gray Matter Points)
      <<You>>: Then prepare to die by this!
    • Fight!
      1 BATTLE
      Xerxes

If you were defeated...

Xerxes: You were more of a threat than I expected. Still, I can't believe Cyrus lost to you once before.
      <<You>>: Nngh... Too strong...
      Xerxes: You're still alive? I guess you ARE tougher than you look. Drag your beaten hide out of my barracks, and come back when you know how to fight.
      <<You>>: I-- I'll be back....
      Xerxes: Whatever you say, Terminator.
      Xerxes: I have plans to make. With Galanoth out of the way, the Dragonslayers should fall easily.

Xerxes turns away from facing you

Xerxes: Now go lick your wounds!
    • Continued!

If you defeated Xerxes...

Xerxes: ...Heh. You're stronger than you look, human. This has actually been kind of fun.

The rest of the dialogue is the same as when you avoid the fight.

• Try to avoid the fight! (Gain 5 Niceness Points)
      <<You>>: Humans aren't the weaklings you think they are, especially when you kill their friends!
      Xerxes: Perhaps, but if you're smart, you'll back off now and call this battle a draw.
      <<You>>: Never! I'm not stopping as long as I can still move!
      Xerxes: *smiles* That's the spirit, human. Now, let's see if you're still moving after this!

Xerxes slashes you and then strikes you downwards. The impact is so large that you fall through a hole.

Xerxes: Those humans took a lot out of me... Perhaps we can fight again when I take care of this little Dragonslayer problem once and for all...

Xerxes leaves

<<You>>: ...uuuuhhhhhhhhhh........

Xerxes One

Weapons
  • Smoldering DrakeTongue
  • Flaming DrakeTongue
  • Fiery DrakeTongue
  • BlaZing DrakeTongue
  • Incendiary DrakeTongue
  • Conflagrant DrakeTongue

• Play again!
  • Leave

Entry thanks to whackybeanz. Part of the dialog courtesy of Genoclysm.

< Message edited by whackybeanz -- 12/30/2012 14:07:15 >
  • AQ  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [AQ Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events >> Vartai Secrets!
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition