Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The Paxia Project 2

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Paxia Clans >> The Paxia Project 2
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/6/2008 18:47:01   
Robin. S. Firedrake

Important Links
The Paxia Project AQ Suggestions thread
The old Paxia Project Brainstorming thread

Alright people, for those in the dark, the Unity Movement and the Disgruntles have finally comprimised to propose a new system in Paxia that will allow one clan to engange another clan in a skirmish, similar to when Aerodu and Geoto bashed heads in the First Clan War, though it'll be much shorter in terms of lengh, rawr. Let's keep in mind that this thread is not for 8 way clan wars. You want that, you'll need to make your own suggestions thread. :/

Also I think we should suggest clan cities ingame. more stuff to do in paxia = more activity right? I will be adding some areas for suggestion at the bottom.

This is the overall itenerary/table of contents I will include in the new suggestions thread:

1) A brief history of Univision Inc. and the Paxia Project
2) A brief summary of The Paxia Project
3) Part 1: How a clan chooses another clan to engange in skirmish
4) Part 2: The vote to engage
5) Part 3: The Build up period
6) Part 4: The actual fighting
7) Part 5: The Aftermath
8) The fomula list
9) The Time table
10) Proposed Clan Armors/Mercs
11) FAQ
12) Credits

We need ideas, because we're not allowed to have a brainstorming thread in Suggestions. 1, 2, 11 and 12 will be taken care of by me, but we need ideas. Most particularly, we need Clan Armor ideas, people willing to make art for it, etc. We also need opinions on how y'all want to choose to engage each other, do y'all want to reset health, etc. Just start some suggestions, I'll keep the thread aloft with my moogle magic, kupo, but we need some ideas if y'all want to have a clan vs. clan skirmish system.

For more info, visit this board, then click the Univision thread, kupo.

Current suggestions on the floor
How a clan chooses another clan to engange in a skirmish.
Plan 1)
It goes in alphabetical order on who the choosing clan is. In order to determine which clan to engange in a skirmish, a forum vote will be held for 2-3 days. A direct link in-game to the forums will help to boost the in-put of the poll.

Pros: Much more player in-put
Cons: Slows down the process

Plan 2) Clans will be paired up by random, and presented at the start of the month.

Pros: Speeds up the process, allowing more time to fight
Cons: No player in-put whatsoever

New: Shodu's new voting list!: I've updated this so its now the up to date version ^^ ~SG

Top Two Voted:

Proposal C2b:: An in-game counter shows "aggressiveness" levels between all the clans. Clans would have the option of damaging or aiding another clan which would raise or lower the bar for that clan. If the bar reaches full a skirmish starts. If the bar is low enough this leaves the possibility for alliances.
-Note: Details for the number of "hits" the bars would need for a skirmish or how low the bar would need to be for an alliance are currently unkown, assume the bar should need a very high number for a skirmish and a very low number for the possibility of an alliance.
Winning Expansion 2BA.5: Multiple skirmishes may occur at once but clans have a "cooldown" period before they can partake in another skirmish

Proposal E3b: Contestants are chosen randomly tournament-style to skirmish
Winning Expansion 3BC: Only the top three clans get the desired prize which slightly vary in power

The other proposals either had conflicting expansions with less votes or just weren't voted on. These ideas will be further expanded on below. We will continue narrowing it down until it is impossible to do so. Due to the nature of some of these expansions voting for multiple expansions will be permitted, however only if they fall under the same proposal and the expansions do not conflict.

Proposal C2BA.5

An in-game counter shows "aggressiveness" levels between all the clans. Clans would have the option of damaging or aiding another clan which would raise or lower the bar for that clan. If the bar reaches full a skirmish starts. If the bar is low enough this leaves the possibility for alliances.
-Note: Details for the number of "hits" the bars would need for a skirmish or how low the bar would need to be for an alliance are currently unkown, assume the bar should need a very high number for a skirmish and a very low number for the possibility of an alliance.

Multiple skirmishes may occur at once but clans have a "cooldown" period before they can partake in another skirmish

Expansion T: The given cooldown period only applies to clans attacking, clans being attacked have no cooldown. A clan may partake in multiple skirmishes with a maximum limit of some kind.
-Pros: Prevents clan hammering and puts limits on chaos
-Cons: One clan may be attacked incessantly by all the other clans
Complexity Varies
Approvals:

Expansion T1: The given cooldown period only applies to clans atacking, clans being attacked have no cooldown. A clan may only partake in one skirmish at a time.
-Pros: Limits all clan hammering and dampens chaos
-Cons: Limits choices to a much larger extent and doesn't allow for as many complex battles
Simple
Approvals:

Expansion V: Alliances are not permitted
-Pros: Less complex and increases chance of making it in-game
-Cons: Loses a lot of Paxian Strategy involved and really puts a hamper on the political feel to Paxia
Simple
Approvals:

Expansion V1: Alliances are permitted
-Pros: Creates much more Paxian Strategy to the game and gives a political feel to Paxia
-Cons: Potentially very complex
Complexity Varies, normally high
Approvals:

Expansion V1.5: Alliances are decided by the in-game bar
-Pros: Covers all opinions on the matter
-Cons: Harder to do
Fairly Simple
Approvals:

Expansion V1.75: Alliances are decided by the forums by polls held every week or two
-Pros: Encourages forumite participation
-Cons: Doesn't get everyone's opinions
Extremely Simple
Notes: Forumite opinions has affected Paxia in the past meaning this idea is possible
[b[Approvals:

The System I suggested would come under Expansions T, and V1/V1.5. To make things easier, if you think my system is the way to go, we'll call is expansion 'G' ~Sir Gnome

Proposal E3B

Contestants are chosen randomly to skirmish tournament style. The top three competitors get the prize at varied power.

Expansion Y: Only the winning clan gets the desired Prize
-Pros: A reason to skirmish
-Cons: Makes the other clans sad
Simple
Approvals:

Expansion X: Clans are paired up based on Clan Size
-Pros: More fair
-Cons: Much more limited
Slightly more complex
Approvals:

Expansion F: Larger clans are handicapped against smaller clans
-Pros: Keeps it fairer
-Cons: Skirmishes are usually based on active users
Approvals:

Other Ideas

Clan Wipes: Clans should be wiped so inactive members are no longer a part.

-Proposal A: Clans are wiped every two weeks, members have to rejoin
Approvals:

-Proposal B: Inactive Battleon Players are wiped every two weeks
Approvals:

Proposal C: Anyone who doesn't visit Paxia within two weeks is wiped
Approvals:

Clan city suggestions:

General: Donate gold and Z-tokens to build defenses, hire mercenaries, build weapons. Attack other clans. Trick or treat at the clans on mogloween with each clan having special candy that you can use to buy weapons from those clans (Clans will ONLY accept their kind of candy) Run errands for NPC's, possibly random CPU versions of clan members.
Igneus: Name should be Incendia Urbs
Glacius:
Nautica:
Dynami:
Geoto:
Aerodu:
Lucian:
Nocturu:

< Message edited by Ultrapowerpie -- 11/20/2008 20:32:18 >

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
11/6/2008 19:45:06   
DarkEternal

You should capitalize the P's in Paxia and Project.

~DarkEternal.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
11/6/2008 20:00:40   
Robin. S. Firedrake

done.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
11/6/2008 20:14:58   
DarkEternal

Yep, now its perfect.

~DarkEternal.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
11/6/2008 21:44:48   
kandymine

The Lucians already have a clan city, our capital Olympus Lux it can be seen here OLYMPUS LUX, there is a link to it's web site on the first post.
AQ  Post #: 5
11/7/2008 14:31:27   
Robin. S. Firedrake

I mean an ingame city. One that your character can actually do stuff in.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
11/7/2008 19:54:09   
Pink_Star
Helpful!

quote:

I mean an ingame city. One that your character can actually do stuff in.

When you mean an in-game city of each clan in the game, do you mean that the clan bases turn into the city or besides the clan base currently, there is another city?
Post #: 7
11/7/2008 20:06:41   
Robin. S. Firedrake

Each clan base turns into a city.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
11/7/2008 23:16:54   
Pink_Star
Helpful!

@Robin. S. Firedrake: So, according to your post, each clan base turns into a city. And, there's only a city for each clan? That idea would be kind of fine to me. Thanks for clarifying.

quote:

-Proposal B: Inactive Battleon Players are wiped every two weeks
Approvals:

You mean that BattleOn players who don't play for 2 weeks would be wiped out? Then hundreds of people would be wiped out for the first time! Some people would perhaps be going on a vacation and let's say... They won't be back for 1 month. Then won't their (account/character) be wiped out and this way, would it be fair? I don't think this is a good idea to me. (It's just my opinion)
Post #: 9
11/7/2008 23:19:54   
Robin. S. Firedrake

I think it means wiped out of the database of things you would fight when skirmishes between clans are going on.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 10
11/7/2008 23:24:05   
Pink_Star
Helpful!

@Robin. S. Firedrake: Then I think that it should be better phrased. At first, what I interpreted from it was that BattleOn players who do not play the game for more than 2 weeks would be wiped out from the game.
Post #: 11
11/7/2008 23:48:26   
Robin. S. Firedrake

Don't look at me. I didn't make the thread originally. Pie gave control of it over to me so he gave me the code and i made the thread! Not my fault!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 12
11/8/2008 0:07:55   
Pink_Star
Helpful!

But I guess you can change it now, since you're the second thread starter.
Post #: 13
11/8/2008 9:23:25   
Fire King

Hmm... Would there be any way to get "un-wiped?"

~FK
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 14
11/8/2008 13:10:18   
Blue_Elite

This was an idea that went all the way back to the original clans. If you're character is inactive for 2 weeks, you are "wiped" from your clan, NOT THE GAME ITSELF. The idea being that clan numbers should represent active members instead of active and passive in which the passive may not have even logged on their account in 6+ months let alone even remember they are part of a clan.

The problems with the idea have been, as mentioned, people going on vacation, people being unable to access the internet for whatever reason (loss of connection, loss of PC, etc.), and some sort of mentality that if you are removed from your clan it's the end of the world (it really isn't as you can just re-sign up for your clan).

The pros I kinda already mentioned about clan member numbers representing active people within clans (which is now of marginal benefit but was a big issue back when clan weapon strength was dependent on the number of members).

The worse this idea does is if you don't log on in 2+ weeks, you'll have to sign up for your clan again (which people already do thanks to Negatus allowing one to remove themself from their clan).
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 15
11/8/2008 17:06:36   
Shodu

Thanks Blue, for clearing up the "NOT FROM GAME" issue before I had to go through the daunting task of presenting logic :P

Fact of the matter is, if you're not a participant in an event, you haven't earned the wars, so the two weeks or whatever amount of time is perfectly fair and reasonable. All you have to do is sign on ONCE and PARTICIPATE in a Paxia event, and you're clear. If you're on vacation then you haven't done anything, so you still haven't earned the rewards everyone else has. As such, only the active participants are shown, and they're the only ones that actually count. If there's nothing going on in Paxia, you have nothing to whine about then, just rejoin at the start of the next event.
AQ DF  Post #: 16
11/8/2008 21:57:30   
Tigre

Well, if our Clan Bases turn into citys, we should be able to help make defences. Like donate gold and Z-tokens to the Town Hall sdo they can build walls, towers and special defences for each different clan. Like Igneus could get Fire Catupluts, Geoto can get Extra Hard rock walls, ect. And we should be able to do different things to help our citys. Like, recruit mercenaries into a clan army, go on patrol around the city, do errands for citizens (CPU's), and for Mogloween, we could trick or treat in each clans city. Each clan would give out its own special candy which you would buy and they would be weapons/armor/misc.

My blogs/websites. Please check them out!

Sims 3 Guide http://tigersguidetosims3.blogspot.com/
Post #: 17
11/8/2008 22:01:40   
Robin. S. Firedrake

Exactly! It would be a lot easier to LIKE clans if you could actually do things in them!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 18
11/9/2008 13:24:00   
sacchi
Constructively Friendly!

Mind I suggest getting a FAQ for this?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 19
11/9/2008 18:04:31   
Erason

quote:

Well, if our Clan Bases turn into citys, we should be able to help make defences. Like donate gold and Z-tokens to the Town Hall sdo they can build walls, towers and special defences for each different clan. Like Igneus could get Fire Catupluts, Geoto can get Extra Hard rock walls, ect. And we should be able to do different things to help our citys. Like, recruit mercenaries into a clan army, go on patrol around the city, do errands for citizens (CPU's), and for Mogloween, we could trick or treat in each clans city. Each clan would give out its own special candy which you would buy and they would be weapons/armor/misc.

Ah, Ill love that!

quote:

Exactly! It would be a lot easier to LIKE clans if you could actually do things in them!

I agree!
AQ DF  Post #: 20
11/9/2008 18:10:06   
Nightly

I think that I might be able to work on that idea, of the various items for the clans.
Post #: 21
11/9/2008 20:18:19   
Robin. S. Firedrake

quote:

Mind I suggest getting a FAQ for this?

Probably a good idea. You wanna ask or should i?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 22
11/9/2008 21:11:12   
sacchi
Constructively Friendly!

I'll pm pie now then.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 23
11/9/2008 21:52:30   
Fire King

Well... I have an Idea for the name of the Ingame capital of Igneus. Incendia Urbs, although we could call it Igneopolis cuz that's what it was voted to be on the forums.

~FK
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 24
11/9/2008 21:53:50   
Robin. S. Firedrake

Which is better then?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Paxia Clans >> The Paxia Project 2
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition