Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

MS Paint Tips and Tricks - Third color!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> MS Paint Tips and Tricks - Third color!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/17/2008 7:36:37   
Umbrageous

Tips and Tricks

As a Pixel artist using MS Paint, You pick up a couple things about the Program that you probably didn't know. Like the Grid Feature, the Thumbnail Preview, and The Duplicate Option.( No I'm not talking about Copy Paste.) After reading this tutorial you will understand many MS Paint tricks and you'll be Spriting with the Pros!

Table Of Contents
I. Intro
II. Why MS Paint is Useful
III. The Grid Feature
IV. Thumbnail Previews
V. Duplicating
VI. The Perfect Shapes
VII. Brush Scaling
VIII. Third Color *New

MS Paint is STILL USEFUL

People always say things like Photoshop this, GIMP that, MS paint can't do anything. Yes Photoshop is a very wonderful program, I tip my Hat to those who developed it. But MS Paint! Theres much it can do, granted it may take a little longer, and at times you'll want to stop and things. But Theres something about MS Paint that makes me still use it. I think theres more that you can see but it just lies deeper, and I'm going to tell you what to look for.

The Grid Feature

Okay, If you didnt know MS paint had this now you do, and I'll give you step by step instructions on how to use it!.
View>Zoom>Custom(Select Which ever you desire) Now Press Control+G
Looks pretty good doesnt it? I know what you've been thinking too, Why should i have to go back and un magnify just to see what I have so far! Maybe I've been working on something, and I finally zoom out and Looks like Crap!( Trust me its happened Before) Thats what the Thumbnail Feature is all about. And for those that dont want to read..

On the View menu, point to Zoom, and then click Custom.
Under Zoom to, click a percentage of zoom greater than 200 percent, and then click OK.
On the View menu, point to Zoom, and then click Show Grid.

The Thumbnail

Ever wanted to see your picture real time, as you were making it? This is for when you're zoomed in all the way, maybe you're making a body part, or an object, and you need to see how you're doing on it. So After you're zoomed in, maybe you have your grid on, Go to View>Zoom>Show Thumbnail. pretty Spiffy huh? Now you can see all the work you're doing in a very easy way.
ThumbNail

Duplicating

Arent you Tired of Copy Pasting?!!?! I was, so I looked into how to duplicate items with ease. So Grab your Selection tool, and Select the object you want duplicated, Hold Left shift and Move your mouse around the canvas! Pretty cool huh? I played around with this for at least 15 minutes, it was just so intresting! Remember, that you have to hold down Left Shift while moving your mouse.
Select object> Left Shift+Move Mouse Around

The Perfect Shapes

Dude, All I want, is a Perfect Square! Thats it not much, just perfect, maybe a perfect Circle or Polygon! Again this is very simple and fortunate for you I'm telling you how to do it!
While you have your shape tool Selected hold down Left shift! and thats all there is too it!
Perfect Circle
Polygon

Brush Scaling and Image Scaling

Jeez what a sorry excuse for a brush size.... am i right? Well MS Paint still has an ace in the whole, When you have your brush tool selected, Hold Control And hit +. The Brush will go Larger. This is the same with Images, Except you select the image you want to enlarge and hit Ctrl & +.
Enlarged Image and Brush

MsPaints Third Color

MsPaint indeed has a Third Color and you can pick whatever you like for it looks like this:

You can easily achieve this by pressing Ctrl+ Any color on the Color Pallet.
Simple Instructions:
Ctrl+Any Color

Hope you learned something, if there is something else you need to know just tell me ;D

< Message edited by Umbrageous -- 7/18/2009 15:07:54 >
AQ  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> MS Paint Tips and Tricks - Third color!
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition