Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Victoria's Secret

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Victoria's Secret
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/2/2009 21:52:50   
Resolute

Victoria's Secret

Location: In front of Oaklore Keep (Books 1 and 2) -> Sir Ano -> Quests -> Victoria's Secret
Level/Quest/Items required: Completion of There's No Place Like Oaklore
Release Date: February 1st, 2009

Objective: You wouldn't think a military fort would be a place of secrets, but Sir Ano sure has managed to keep your assistance quiet long enough. Who is to say that others don't have secrets of their own?
Objective completed: Scandalous! This will set the townsfolk talking, to be sure.

Scaled Yes/No: Yes

Monsters
(1) Dinck
(2) Lava Daver
(5) Renegade Scout
(1) Roogen
(4) V.O.U.G.
(1) Dread Bandit Roberts - Boss

NPCs
Captain Rolith
Harry
King Alteon
Poe
Princess Brittany
Princess Tara
Princess Victoria
Roberts
Sir Ano
Surly

Rewards
None

Access to Bandit Loot shop

Dialogue
Sir Ano: The King is coming for a visit, <Character>! This is my chance! But before I can worry about that, there's something I need your help taking care of.

Sir Ano Guest joins in Position A

Sir Ano: Captain Rolith himself has asked me to deal with a group of bandits which has camped out in the middle of a swamp a ways away.
Sir Ano: He says it shouldn't be any problem for someone of my skills. I- ah- haven't mentioned yet that you've been helping me...
Sir Ano: But I will, I promise! In fact, if- when- I get presented to the King, I'll tell him all about you then.
Sir Ano: You've taught me so much already. But will you help me, this one last time?

• Quest!
  • Done

You fight your way throw monsters till,

Harry: Halt!
    Poe: *mumble*
    Sir Ano: Huh?
    <Character>: Excuse me?
    Surly: He said "We'll make it so's yer own mother couldn't identify ya."
    <Character>: Oh. Thank you. Anyways, we're supposed to be here. We're on a mission! That is, we were sent here to-
    Surly: Hey! You, the skinny one with th' big nose. Harry, doesn't 'e look like Wes Lee?
    Harry: Wes Lee?
    Poe: *confused mumble*
    Surly: Yes, ya numbskull. He's th' adventurer what helps them bandits over near Lymcrest.
    Harry: Ummmm. Uh. Oooh. Right. Wes Lee!
    Surly: Ya are Wes Lee, aint'cha?
    Sir Ano: Why, yes. Yes I am!
    <Character>: *whisper* This can't have been part of your plan.
    Sir Ano: *whisper* Nope! But who says I can't think fast? Carpe Opportunitas!
    Harry: What did ya say?
    Sir Ano: Nothing. Just sneezing. Both of us.
    Harry: Gesundheit!
    Poe: *mumble*
    Sir Ano: Thank you! I've come with a message from a fellow chief. He, uh, wants me to give it to your leader in person. It's very important.
    <Character>: Full of plottings and deviousness and bandit-y goodness.
    Harry: Then yous'd best get moving on to camp. Follow th' path that way and you'll see it over th' hill there.
    Harry: Oh, and watch out for th' chief. He and Fezwig-
    Surly: Ugh, that giant oaf.
    Harry: They got inta a brawl and Fezwig knocked 'im about th' head. He might be a bit muddled.

Continue fighting past random monsters till,

Roberts: So, they said you were Lee?
    Sir Ano: Yep. Lee. Wes Lee.
    Roberts: Did n't you do that... thing for... er- what'shisname?
    Sir Ano: The guy you met in that one town?
    Roberts: That's the one!
    <Character>: That was Macks, all right! He's really good at getting things done. A miracle man, if you know what I mean.
    Roberts: I do, I do! Say... how's about you help me with a little job I've got in the works?
    Sir Ano: Er, sure.
    <Character>: *whisper* What do you think you're doing? What did you just agree to do?!
    Sir Ano: *whisper* Shh! Trust me! So... what did you have in mind, Dready?
    Roberts: Weeeell. Y'know the King? The one with the daughters?
    <Character>: ...What about them?
    Roberts: I heard tell that he's going to be in some fortress in the woods near Falconreach.
    Sir Ano: You mean... Oaklore Keep?
    Roberts: That's the one! Anyways, I figure, the life of a bandit chief is pretty swanky what with the robbing and the plundering and all, but I figured...
    Roberts: if I could grab me a princess, I could ransom some serious loot outta her daddy.
    Sir Ano: You're going to kidnap one of the princesses?
    Roberts: Yup! And you two're gonna help!
    <Character>: *whisper* Is this the part where you tell him who you really are? Because I don't think this is quite how you want to get noticed by His Highness.
    Sir Ano: Dready, I'd love to help you, really I would. There's just one little problem.
    Roberts: What's that?
    Sir Ano: My name is Sir Ano de Berg'rac. You're planning to kidnap my princess. Prepare to die.

Battle! - You fight Dread Bandit Roberts

You fight a few more monsters until,

Captain Rolith: Welcome back, Ano! And <Character>, how nice to see you after all this time.
    Captain Rolith: Ano, I have to be honest. This last mission, dealing with the bandits... was something of a test. Sir Reptitious followed you the entire time.
    Captain Rolith: Now, I'm not sure why <Character> came with you, but it looks like you didn't mind the company.
    <Character>: Er... yeah. Company. Ano? Did you want to break in he-
    Captain Rolith: Yes, yes. I'm sure you want to tell me all about the details of your mission, Ano, but I have news you'll want to hear.
    Captain Rolith: The King is here, and I've shared Sir Reptitious' report and the details of your last few trips with him. He's eager to meet you.
    Captain Rolith: I believe he and his daughters are about to sit down to a meal. Sir Emony will announce you. Congratulations, you've come a long way.
    Captain Rolith: Oh, and one more thing. After his Highness is done with you, there's the Bandit's loot to go through. I'd say you've earned your share.

King Alteon: <Character>, it is always good to see you! Sir Ano, I'm pleased to have you dining with us tonight, as are my daughters.
    King Alteon: I've heard quite a few stories about you from Sir Emony when he brought up Captain Rolith's request to have you presented...
    King Alteon: especially after thwarting a kidnapping plot! Please allow me to introduce my daughters, at least one of whom owes her well-being to you, it seems.
    King Alteon: Brittany, my lovely eldest; her clever little sister, Tara; and finally, my darling Victoria.
    Princess Victoria: Hello!
    Princess Tara: Pleasure to meet you both!
    Princess Brittany: Good evening!
    Sir Ano: I am truly honored, Sire. I have dreamed for about this moment for years. And, to be honest, I have to thank <Character>. Without the hel-
    <Character>: Princess Victoria! It is Victoria, right? Your Highness, it is so good to finally meet you.
    Princess Victoria: Er, yes. Thank you. It is very nice to meet you, <Character>. For the first time. Ever.
    <Character>: Ano, I'm sure you've heard the many stories about Her Highness' selfless charity work?
    King Alteon: Victoria? I didn't know you'd become involved with my charities! I'm not surprised; you always were a role model of selflessness.
    <Character>: Oh, yes, your Highness! She's well-known for her work distributing gold to the mon-
    Princess Victoria: The moneyless villagers! That is to say, to the poorer townspeople.
    Princess Tara: Gee, Vicki, that sounds a bit dangerous. Aren't you afraid of being waylaid by lawless criminals?
    King Alteon: Your sister has a good point, Victoria. I'm familiar with some of the areas where our charities focus.
    King Alteon: There are some unsavory characters there with complete disregard for the law.
    Princess Brittany: Ooh, wouldn't you be afraid you'd be in danger?
    <Character>: I'm sure your sister can handle herself, my Lady. I'm quite sure of it. Why, I bet she could come face to face with Robina the Hood herself...
    <Character>: ... and be in no more danger than she is now.
    Princess Tara: You wouldn't want to borrow the little mirror I have, would you Victoria?
    Princess Victoria: ......
    King Alteon: Victoria, just what are <Character> and your sister implying?
    Princess Victoria: Father, I just... I-
    Sir Ano: You just make it so that the Adventurers who slay the monsters bothering the townspeople get a little something for their troubles, right?
    Sir Ano: I mean, if Robina the Hood- er, if you didn't do that, being a hero would be much less profitable, wouldn't it?
    Sir Ano: And the way I see it, that would be bad in a couple ways.
    King Alteon: Do continue, because I'm very interested in how you're going to rationalize one of my daughters supporting and even directly aiding crime.
    Sir Ano: Well, if the heroes didn't see slaying monsters as profitable, the number of active heroes would decrease. That would do two things:
    Princess Victoria: *gulp*
    Sir Ano: It would make more trouble for your subjects since monster attacks would become more frequent...
    Sir Ano: ... and it would mean there were fewer heroes spending their hard-won gold in the shops and Inns throughout your Realm.
    Sir Ano: So, really, when you think about it, Victoria's actions as Robina benefit your kingdom's economy.
    <Character>: ... Y'know, Ano, that actually kind of makes sense.
    Princess Victoria: Yes, yes it does. It definitely does. Uh, that's been my motivation this whole time! Helping the people!
    Princess Tara & <Character>: *snicker*
    King Alteon: Hmmm. I can't say as I entirely approve of your methods, but I'm glad to see you taking an interest in the well-being of our subjects...
    King Alteon: Even if your attempts to aid them were rather circuitous. We'll have to have a lengthy talk about just what your plans for the future are, my girl.
    King Alteon: I highly doubt you'll attract a Prince gallivanting around the countryside engaged in such unsuitable activities.
    King Alteon: As for you, Ano, you have quite the sharp mind. Such an ability to finesse the facts of a situation and present them in a good light, well...
    Princess Victoria: But...!
    King Alteon: I could have a use for such a silver-tongued young Knight at Court. Sir Vice is in charge of coordinating the Knights who work directly for me.
    King Alteon: See him about a position as a Public Relations consultant. I have high hopes for you, young man.
    Princess Brittany: I'd be happy to show you around Court, Sir Ano. I'm sure someone as brave and gallant as you are must have many stories to tell!
    Sir Ano: Why, I, uh... yes. Yes, I do.
    King Alteon: Speaking of stories... Really, Victoria! Some of the tales I've heard about your alter ego! I hope they aren't all true.
    <Character>: Only most of them!
    Princess Victoria: <Character>, you can stop. Helping. Now.
    <Character>: Awww, are you sure? I could keep going! I've done so well with Ano, after all.
    Princess Victoria: Quite sure.
    Princess Brittany: He is quite a Knight, isn't he?
    Sir Ano: *blush*
    <Character>: As you wish, your Highness. *grin*

• Bandit Loot Shop - Opens Bandit Loot shop.
  • Complete Quest

Thanks to
    -- Stephen Nix for dialogue rewrite and corrections.
    -- wolfman_naruto for NPC links.
    -- ArchMagus Orodalf for NPC links.
    -- PowerJack for additional dialogue.
    -- Andy8 for correction.
    -- NikisArmy for corrections.
    -- .Shadow// for correction.
    -- Voodoo Master for corrections.
    -- Sagrym for corrections.

< Message edited by Jay -- 1/10/2019 16:23:50 >
  • AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Victoria's Secret
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition