Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*
Page 14 of 15«<1112131415>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/31/2009 21:38:07   
fullerdragon

Example 1
Example 2

The flow of this piece is nearly perfect. starting in the upper left corner. the viewers eye moves twords the renders face following her gaze to to guitar. following the guitar neck off the page in the upper right. This motion leads the viewer through most of the image but leaves the character in the bottom right unnoticed. the sepia toning of the render blends with the redish hues of the lighting effects and the back ground.

overall a good piece with a good emotion and vibe. but more work needs to be done on allowing the viewer to easily take in the whole image

this image unlike the previous image is hard to view. the starting focus point is the orange lettering in the middle right. the lettering causes the eye to follow it right off the page and there is no progression to the rest of the image. after looping around for a bit the eye focuses on the render in the center. a very nicely done render of naruto this is the highlight of the piece. the background and render do not mix, they seem to be very distant with little to no interaction.

this is a decent piece with a good center piece but a lot more work could be done to improve the flow and blending of the subject with the background

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Approved

< Message edited by Personater -- 1/2/2010 19:36:27 >
Post #: 326
1/1/2010 23:07:17   
coollio

Energy set(Collab with Alpha_bansky)
Pink Energy Sword

This sig really stands out, the lighting on her face does not
work for me, becuase there is no lighting from the fire. I would make the
Fires leap higher from the guitar and would add a few sparks to really make it
stand out. I like how her face seems to not care, and her hands seem to say
just another day. It's like the world is falling on top of her and she dosent even
care, she just keeps playing guitar. I do like how they made the word or words in
the bottom right corner blend in with the picture.

I might add a few shines here and there with some sparkles. I like how Iron man
is coming out to you, which attracts the eye. I would add more of a glow or hint
in his eyes that make you feel like he's going to get you. the back ground is
flawless, since that's is what I looked at first, it tells me this guys trouble and
tells me this guys trouble.

The links did not really work, but in the first one Im talking about the female playing the guitar on fire, and the second thing I'm talking about is the Iron man Sig.
quote:

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Approved

< Message edited by Personater -- 1/2/2010 19:37:16 >

AQ  Post #: 327
1/2/2010 10:38:24   
Daan_AQ_rules

Ok my first approval went completly wrong because my own art's album was private. That is now changed, so I hope I can get a 2nd chance. Beforehand thanks.

My main art is designing mostly armors and weapons.
Example 1
Example 2

My Constructive Critism:

Image 1
I'm a fond of Mecha-related items, so for me it's a very nice drawing. I think the legs are done very well not to detailed and a very well done parallellism (It doesn't look like the one leg is bigger then the other).
I'd liked to see the body part a bit better worked out, but the base is very good, so that won't be very hard, just minor details.
The arms are nice, though a bit more shading on the shoulder would make it a bit more defined.
Then the back-mounted guns and shoulder-mounted rocketlaunchers are a nice touch to the overall military-looking design.
Good job. Overall points 8/10.

Image 2
First I think the dragon looks great, but for me some more realistic colors would be better. I really like the dragon's pose, it looks like it's about to bite you or something like.
Shading is perfect, as i said before it looks like it comes out of the drawing.
I see just one detail I'd like to see better his right foot under the tail, it looks a bit weird on the claws. Also a better background could make the drawing come even more to life, to give an example if you'd place it on a rock on a rocky beach with a nest under it.
Very good job, but I miss a little finishing touch. Overall points 7/10.

quote:

Approved.

< Message edited by Personater -- 1/2/2010 19:38:08 >

Post #: 328
1/2/2010 18:53:22   
Kandi

My art! Image 1! Image 2!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/gaze.png

Overall this piece of art is really good. The colour choice for the lighter side is nice. They contrast well. On the darker side, for the cutout I don't like the lighting on the face. Also, the background for the darker side throws me off, like there should be an object on right side (the lighter side) to make it balance. On the left side (the lighter side) there is this strip of cream that doesn't blend and pops out and it catches your eye moving your focus away from the picture. I really love the concept, and the contrasting colors of light and dark. I also like shadowing around the cutout's neck.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/ragnasqj4.png

This piece of art is very detailed, especially for the armor. The legs are slightly under portion compared to the arms. It seems like he has short legs and long arms. The clothing on his chest the detail in them they are not the same size where they should be. Like the ones that are going towards his side that should be smaller are correct but some of them on the middle of the chest or smaller then they should be. Overall it is really good. I really like the shadowing and colours of this art work.

Approved.

< Message edited by Personater -- 1/2/2010 19:43:52 >
AQ  Post #: 329
1/2/2010 21:41:22   
Wilfre

1. I will be doing edited AE pictures.
Image #1
Image #2

2. Constructive Criticisim:

[Alt Image 1]

The dragon is nicely done. The background makes the dragon stand out, and the little details on the horns/claws make it look more intimadating. The right wing does need a little work, as it seems to not be attached to the dragon. The background color does need to be a shade darker, as it looks almost white at some points. The shading under the left wing and the back legs need a little work, and the outline needs to be bolded at higher points, and thinned at lower points.

[Alt Image 2]

It is a nice sprite that is colored well. The pixel size is a little small and the edges look a little blocky. If the edges were blurred a little and the size was increased, it would look a lot better. Some shadings on the cape are not nessecary, and could be taken out, and the hair needs to be a shade lighter. There is also an unessecary dot near the forehead that should be taken out. The eye's pupil also needs to be enlarged, as it almost looks completely white.

Not approved. Please read the C&C Post on the first page.

< Message edited by Personater -- 1/7/2010 15:36:53 >
AQ DF  Post #: 330
1/3/2010 15:02:59   
shadow_death_

Example Picture 1: http://i48.tinypic.com/3h4r9.jpg
Example Picture 2: http://i45.tinypic.com/21270u8.jpg

CC Picture 1: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/Spidey.png?0.83647300 1235925517

I find this picture to be a bad resemblance of spider man. For one thing, if you were to see the picture and then a modern show starring spider man, there would be no simularities. This picture makes him look like a more dark character, which I like, but in the modern shows he is a very happy, go lucky character, which is misleading to those who do not know him. Also, the colors do not match spider man's usual colors. In this picture, he is only shades of red, and he is usually red with some blue on him. Besides that, around his hands and arms, the art is very scrambled and it is hard to see his hand and arm features because of the colors exploding around it. The background is very good, and the shadings match the costume perfectly with the colors getting darker and darker until it becomes black. The lightning goes well with the picture, as it also goes well with the "dark spider man" them, but I don't like how it is very thick and dark on one side, but very light and thin on the other. Besides that I find the picture to be very good, and I think that although the dark tone doesn't go well with character, it still is appealing to me and it may be apealing to others as well.
Overall rating: 8.5

CC Picture 2: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/IronManTagV1.png?0.89355000 1235884903

I think that this picture is a amazing and it captures Iron Man's meaning in the his shows and comics, and that it brings out who Iron Man really is. The explosions really blend in with the character. The colors are very nice and they almost seem to shine. The colors of the explosion and the fires really blend in with Iron Man's armor, which is impressive. Also, everything on the picture is in ruins, and that really brings the scene to life. The collaboration of the dark and light colors really makes the picture eye-catching. Although the picture is very well made, I don't like everything about it. For one thing, there seems to be something coming out of the fire, and it is hard to tell what it is. It looks like a hand, so it appears to be Iron Man's, but if look closely it is not, and it seems to just be there for no reason. Also one part of the city in the picture is majorly destroyed, while the other side is not very destroyed execpt for some smoke and small fires, compared to a huge explosion and a whole building in flames. That makes one side of the picture more eye-catching then the other. Overall, I think the picture is amazing, and it is a true symbol of Iron man.
Overall rating: 9.0

quote:

Approved.

< Message edited by Personater -- 1/7/2010 15:33:04 >
DF MQ  Post #: 331
1/5/2010 20:10:27   
zeke50100
Constructive

Part 1 - Own art: Image 1 (A poorly made weapon; it's my first time, and before I knew the zoom-out command. Hehe...), Image 2

Part 2 - CC:

CC Image 1

The first thing I notice is the face; the excellent use of creases, smudges in color, and the angle at which the eye is placed give the dragon a fierce and realistic look. The sharp contrast in color between the pulsing red-orange horns (along with the claws and other sharp parts around the body) and the cool, almost ocean-like color of the main body really helps the sharper parts stand out, contributing to the already fearsome look. The bright orange stain on the horns and the slightly-green spots around the neck and head suggest that the creature has aged, bringing the picture further to life.

Something that draws me away from the realistic features, however, is the neck. It seems to me that it is bulkier than it would if it stayed in proportion to the rest of the body. The angle at which the neck is curved also looks awkward to me. It seems that the head should be more of a frontal view due to the "scales" on the underside, but the top of the neck makes it seem twisted; therefore, the head seems a bit more like a profile. If the neck was thinner, it could help eradicate the "twisted" look that the creature seems to have. Other than that, it's fantastic. I almost want to own it as a pet.

CC Image 2

What strikes me in this picture are the wings. Being webbed, the flapping section of the wing ought to be merged with the "frame" of the wing. This is done quite perfectly in this picture. The creases that are sketched in are done in a way that I can almost see the wings folding up. Much like the previous picture, this one has a realistic look, if not only because the wings are so detailed. The head of the creature is almost as detailed; the teeth look jagged in such a way that it brings out a rougher side of the creature. It fits well with what seems to be an incredibly muscular main body, a sample of which is seen through the neck. Unlike the previous creature, the neck is angled so that the underside and the upperside do not contrast, creating a relatively smooth figure.

This picture, however, shares a problem with the previous one, for me: the neck looks bulkier than what it looks like it should be. The space between the hind legs don't suggest that the creature is a particularily huge one, while the neck seems to be telling a different story. Thinning out the neck so it looks more fitting could bring a more real picture to the table. The right wing also looks slightly larger than it should, comparing it to the left. It may be the case that it is simply more extended than the left, but it's hard to tell. If the area webbed to the "frame" had a smaller width, it'd be fantastic.

One small thing that irks me is the tail. More specifically, the tip of the tail. For some reason, it just looks like the paw of a beanie baby to me. That's probably just my own perception, though; nothing to be changed. The head, likewise, has those horn-like objects protruding from the body. If they are indeed horns, they look flat; if depth was given to them, it would make the creature pop off the page a bit more.

Part 3 - The ol' copy-pasta

Part 4

*Runs off to do it*

Just a few notes; I'm amateur at best, and have only recently discovered GIMP. With some help, I'd love to become a better artist, though. Also, I need to access the Multimedia section to be able to post in Realm of the Rice Cake, which is my main drive ^_^

I hope I did everything right!

~Zeke~

Approved.

< Message edited by Personater -- 1/7/2010 15:34:48 >
MQ  Post #: 332
1/8/2010 14:44:01   
Fleur Du Mal

1) Own art (photography)
Winter Scene - A photograph with no other edits than size-scaling, keeping the original aspect ratio. Scaling done in GIMP.
The Gardener - A signature made of colour-enhanced and cropped photograph and a fragment of a poem (both the photo and the poem by yours truly) All edits done with GIMP

2) C & C
Image 1

With this piece, my gaze is immediately focused on the light on the man's mouth and hands. Such an effect is needed and well-placed as otherwise the character in the front would be blending into the smudgy background almost too effectively. This blending in is enhanced not only by the low light but also by matching the colours of the man's clothes to the colour-scheme of the background.

What I personally think that could be improved here is the hue of the light that falls on the man's hands. His face and mouth are lit with warm-hued colour yet the one on his hands is very cold, and the blueish hue makes his hands look almost dead or frost-bitten. In my opinion, this breaks the illusion of the source of light being the warm flame he holds in his hands and made me wonder where is the other, blue source of light. This also breaks the focus a little as my attention is now divided between between the man's face and his slightly overexposed hands.

There is also quite a lot of empty space on the left side of the image. I think this could be used to add a short text on the image, maybe with the identical white of the man's shirt or the with the dark red used in the background. I think adding a short text, even if only one word, could bring more depth to the story portrayed by the quite mysterious image.

Image 2

What intrigues me in this image is the photography-like slide of sharpness from the character's face to the background. It resembles a shot with a large aperture, nailing the viewer's eye straight to the character's face and eyes and blurring his weapon to the background. I like this layered-type of sharpness because it brings different layers to the image: the character and his facial expression, his weapon, and then the location. This works also very well on the story level of the image as the character has quite a sharp gaze, so the focus of the image being drawn to that by sharpness is actually quite clever. Of course, the perfectly placed light on the character's face further helps to catch the focus there.

Regardless of the sword on the character's back and the impending danger therein, the image is also very peaceful to look at because of the placement of the characters face, which has been done approximately according to the aesthetically pleasing Golden Ratio.

The only detail that I think could benefit the image if done otherwise, is the cropping. Due to the crop, the character's left shoulder on the lower right of the image looks somewhat distorted to me. If the crop would be tighter or the character placed a bit lower in the image so that the left shoulder would be left out of the picture, this illusion of distortion could be done away with. Also, placing the character a bit lower would give an opportunity to showcase the hilt of his sword in its entirety.

3)
quote:

We can has a Fabula :D Approved!

< Message edited by Personater -- 1/10/2010 13:12:43 >
DF  Post #: 333
1/9/2010 10:59:28   
sureico

first artwork

2nd artwork (i do draw but my scanner is broke)

image 1
(im not so good at think but ill have a go)this image has a light contrast and the ears and suggests that shes quick or lazy like a cat her layed back smile suggests that she not to botherd about what people think about her the bad thing about it is theres nothing else its just a person no background nothing

image 2
i think this is a good picture and this image has a good light to dark tone the bad thing about this picture is there are 2 people with the same name

You need to work on your C&C - please read the first post!

< Message edited by Personater -- 1/10/2010 13:13:48 >
Post #: 334
1/11/2010 14:02:30   
sureico

example 1
example 2 (i do draw but my scanner is broke!! D: )

i think that the green wall with green hoody goes well with each other but its a bit boring and the colors could be improved. The person in the picture looks gloomy and dull and works very well blending in with the background he looks like hes waiting for something to happen.The first thing that court my eye was the green graffiti on the wall. I like this drawing the drawback is it all blends into one there's nothing that jumps out at you

i think that link looks good in this picture because he has a nice dark tone witch goes well with the background. i also think the way that the outline of link blends in by fading into the background. the overall appearance of link in this picture appears to be to bright from the dark background. the overall background is very well done because of the way the greens and blacks merge together but may benefit more definition in the way the colors merge

quote:

Not approved. Please work on your C&C.

< Message edited by Personater -- 1/12/2010 15:20:19 >
Post #: 335
1/12/2010 21:26:02   
Cronos Dage The Mage

Just wondering, since I am a programmer with Python, Scratch, Macromedia Flash 8 and Adobe Flash CS4, do I have to do the image stuff? Here are some examples:

Voltaire (Scratch)
Gum (Scratch)
My Whole List of Over 200 Projects(Scratch)

EDIT: I now wish to give constructive critism, but now the image links won't work(even the alts)?

Picture editing examples:
1 (Used: Adobe Fireworks CS4, Adobe Photoshop CS4, Skitch 1.0b8.4, Scratch 1.4)

As I said, I'm somewhat good in Flash but not really. :/

Number of failed attempts at doing this: 1
Do I have any drawing experience? Yeah, people say I'm really good, I draw Ryoku doing Soul Nuke(AQW) but couldn't scan it or take a picture. And I made my siggy, below.
And, anyway, step 3:

quote:

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can
be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

The image links work...

< Message edited by Personater -- 1/15/2010 17:29:17 >

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 336
1/13/2010 6:53:11   
thechaosarmylord

my art I'm BACK! now I'm back again and if i don't make it THIS time I'm not going to try again for a while.. probably because my laptop will be smashed by the wall that "ran into" it.. okay?

Constructive critisism

this is image is really well set out whithe position of the render, its not to far on the side so you can't see him and have to much free space, very good positioning. if i had to change anything it would be the light on his left side (our left) the place he is in is dark and spooky but all the light kind of ruins it. but thats not a killer problem... anyway a good drwaring with good positioning.

I like hoe the durbis are 'swirling' around iron-man as if he either used alot of power or crashed, its a really good attention grabbing affect. one thing that i don't like about this image is, no backround. all you can see of it is a vague building, somehoe try an implement a more of an understanding where Ironman actually 'is'. it is so, un realistic whithout there beinga backround, work on that.

Not approved - you need to work on your C&C. Please read the first post for a link that contains a guide to C&C

< Message edited by Personater -- 1/15/2010 17:30:15 >
Post #: 337
1/14/2010 9:29:55   
Soulhunter Lee

Im here to try again! Hiyaaa!

3 pics here! I just put em all ^^

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/LinkWip.png
First i see Link. Looking very real, it is from game but it seems so real like it would be painted. That is very good job. Background fits to Link very good, it is like forest. Also very good. But then i have to criticise something. You can see around Link many tiny dots. I don't like it all. If you could remove all tiny dots, it would be better. And still something from background: Left side seems to be differentic than right side. That it don't remember left side. But it's good. Very good. I like it. The light coming from up is good too. Link's hair looks so awesome! It is very artistical. I would give to this picture: 8.5/10 ^^

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/IronManTagV1.png
Oh yea! It's the IRONMAN! I am not a fan of Spiderman but this is very good picture of him! Nice job! It's like from a comic and looks bit like antique. But I don't like the face. There is like somekinda holes. But it like belongs to the comic and antique. About the background, looks like he is destroying background. All the flames and fire and explosions: Wow! BOOM BOOM BOOM! :) There is building falling down :D I like it lot. I like the Ironman in pic a lot! I like the whole pic a lot! My overall rating of this pic is: 9.5/10 O.O :)

Not approved - you need to work on your C&C. Please don't read the first post for a link that contains a guide to C&C

< Message edited by Hitmonlee999 -- 1/16/2010 7:04:06 >

DF AQW  Post #: 338
1/14/2010 14:36:44   
Beos

Mine:
http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz330/Mycourse/Eziosig.jpg
http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz330/Mycourse/Luckybucksig.jpg?t=1263496212

I feel that this image is good, but it felt like it was cut out from a comic book. I like how the flames seem to wrap around his guantlet
unlike a lot of other sigs involving flames that just seem to use the flame in the background. Is it just me or does it look like there is ghost hand in front of the other the hand. Wether it was meant to be there or not, it made it look odd and kind of drew away from the whol sig.

WOW, what can I say? A nice visual appeal, certainly not hard on the eyes. I'm trying to avoid not stating the obvious but I'll go ahead. It honestly made me think of Evony. I Think it could be made better by finding a render where the girls hair isn't in her face.

quote:

Not approved - you need to work on your C&C. Please read the first post for a link that contains a guide to C&C

< Message edited by Personater -- 1/15/2010 17:31:44 >
Post #: 339
1/16/2010 4:10:53   
Wxo

My works:
http://i50.tinypic.com/51stc0.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/2ev860l.jpg

A very well drawn piece of art. The multiple layers that created this creature makes it seem more realistic being that no dragon has had a perfect life. It has scratches and scars. The tail also was a creative way of expressing it's fearsomeness while conveying conveying it's innocence at the same time. It seems to be a baby, yet an adult. The tail feature also retaliates dragons relation to dinosaurs. But the drawing has some minor flaws. Such flaws include not enough detail in the tail and upper wing area.It seems as if the artist started adding detail in the mid -section of the drawing but stopped at the neck and upper tail, then added a little to the tip of the face. He also seems to be standing with his toes curled.
Finally the head is a little big on scale compared to the rest of it's body. Such flaws take away from the image. Overall, the drawing is impressive and is without flaw to those without a keen eye.

This image is a work of art. Multiple aspects of it point towards the same theme. The blurriness of the image gives off a dazed feeling.Although she has a face that could be interpreted in many ways, The woman seems to be dreaming. The dark colors of the background seems as if she is trapped in a dungeon of some sort and wants freedom. The "mourning dancer" title immediately changes my mindset of in image into a pleasant surprise. I assume she is dreaming of an open meadow were she is free, the wind blowing through her hair, and her dancing as much as her hear desires. She doesn't have on much clothes so that promotes the "free" feeling. Then my attention is drawn to the Grey colors surrounding the head. She somewhat looks like a bride whose wedding was ruined. That is probably why is seems to be sad while hopefully at the same time. Nevertheless, the image was well developed, yet misleading.
the author doesn't directly convey a direct approach to the purpose. Therefore, leaving endless possibilities for the viewer to interpret.

quote:

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can
be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Approved.

< Message edited by Personater -- 1/18/2010 17:16:53 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 340
1/16/2010 22:06:39   
Crystal Lion

Own Art:
Infernal Showgirl.
Jungle Beledi.

CC.
Leth.
A nice piece of pixel art. However, the ears look much too small for the head they're resting on. Perhaps the ears can be made slightly larger, positioned closer to the back of the head and facing forwards to give the catgirl an attentive look, since her expression seems to be attentive but the ears detract from that. The hair is especially striking since it has a fair bit of detail put in it. Her skin seems much too pale and the shading on her skin seems weak by extension. Maybe a darker pelt color would help bring out the shading?

Dragon.
While the general flow of the dragon's body is very smooth, its head appears to be much too large compared to the rest of its body. The part of the neck closest to the head seems to be much thicker and disproportionate, unlike the rest of the dragon which is sleek and small. The lighting on this picture is quite good, but the shading seems to overwhelm the color chosen for this dragon and doesn't mesh too well with the papery background. Other details like the turquoise scales on the dragon's neck are also overshadowed by the strong blue color. In general, the picture gives an impression of a cautious and yet curious dragon.

quote:

Approved :)

< Message edited by Personater -- 1/18/2010 17:15:19 >

Sent away to a leper colony like everyone who once loved Herosmash.
Post #: 341
1/19/2010 14:08:25   
Postmaster General

My MQ Mecha-Hand Drawn

My AQW Pet Suggestion-GIMP

This is a very good depiction of Naruto. I like it because it is not the usual style of Naruto art. It is comprable to Final Fantasy in character design. I like that there are many layers to the design. (background, image, and design across the front on the corner.) It is obvious that this picture requires time and a certain amount of skill. Things I would have done differently would be: Adding Naruto's "Nine-tailed fox fangs" and the leaf village headband. Also, the top left corner is a solid color, if I had done this I would have like that to have more depth to it. Otherwise, this is a very good piece of art. Kudos.

There is definately a lot going on in this picture. First off, the focal point is the girl. I like that everything in the picture follows that theme. "Romance" and what looks like flowers in the background, this is a well paired group of images that flow well together. Things I would change include: Different font for the "Romance", and the colors of the image. I would have chosen a more vibrant selection of colors to showcase the natural beauty of the flowers that would compliment the image as a whole well. However, I can appreciate the time and effort put into this and the artist should be proud.

quote:

Approved.

< Message edited by Personater -- 1/20/2010 16:13:01 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 342
1/21/2010 12:51:16   
~RokuGeddon~

I have many flash customs I made, I would like to link to them if I could.
Go onto page 16, then look at my customs.

I made these all in flash, I am still learning how to make them but I am doing well.

Not approved - no C&C for starters...

< Message edited by Personater -- 1/21/2010 20:38:28 >
Post #: 343
1/24/2010 23:39:13   
cheesey222

Hand-Drawn armor

AQW weapon edit

I love the comedy, the satire of the classic image of roaring dragons. The dragon is really detailed, and well drawn. I love it. However, on the dragon, the base could be better. There are several stray lines, and one shoulder is much more developed than the other. Also, the dentist part is slightly confusing. There are a few loops hanging from the dragons mouth (I dont know what they are), and I'm not sure what he's standing on.

The detail of this mechanical system is amazing, and the shading is realatively good.. I love the overall design, it's very creative. however, The dimensions are a bit confused. the legs are pointed in slightly different directions, and the bars next to the cockpit are pointing in defferent directions too. Also, one of those bars seems to hook up to the rest of the machine and one doesnt. last thing, It would look much better with a complete right arm.
quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Personater -- 1/26/2010 23:10:04 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 344
1/25/2010 19:39:24   
slappy103

My art: I have been working in many different forms of design, mostly 3D. I also create websites and am hoping to help with projects here in the community. I have 4 years experience with Flash, starting with Flash MX a long time ago. I code in AS2.0 only since I haven't bothered switching. For 3D art I use Cinema 4D and e-on Vue 8. I also have experience with Photoshop. Here are some examples made in various 3D programs, they are rendered with multiple passes and imported into Photoshop for post-processing. I have watermarked some images that don't contain my name as part of the art because I have had work stolen before and it is quite unpleasant.

http://filebox.me/files/5vq225e9w_averyComp2.png
http://filebox.me/files/zt2pezmi1_FinalComp3JPG.jpg
http://filebox.me/files/ruajv7rb1_OrangeMountainScene1.png
http://filebox.me/files/wrfca56s8_Passes.png

CC

Overall I like the color flow with the main render. I would have tried to reduce the brightness of the purple light effects to bring out the text a bit more. The bevel on the text is a little overdone to my liking. Also, it would be nice if the render blended with the background effects more. The contrast between the anime and the complicated semi-grunge background is a bit much. However I very much like the color scheme chosen for this. As I said before the purple and yellow background works well with the purple and yellow aspects of the render.

I really like the effect put into the guitar, however the render doesn't go well with the background. The person is too bright against a background that dark. Decreased brightness on the main render and maybe some more depth would help this. Maybe adding some abstract lighting effects around the guitar that go infront and behind the person.

Approved

< Message edited by Personater -- 1/26/2010 23:10:16 >
Post #: 345
1/29/2010 11:07:49   
Cerberus the FD

My Works(I am a Flash Designer):
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/1589/cerberuscustoms.png <--- referenced customs
http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/8458/cerberuscustoms2.png <--- 100% customs

Nice drawing, very detailed but could have been better at the base of the neck, too much unnecessary lines at the base ruined the image. I'm not criticizing the dentist since it looks like it wasn't taken seriously.

Amazing drawing, but there seems to be problems on certain parts. The left foot is quite different from the right one if you can compare each other. There are also some unnecessary lines on the cockpit, it only makes the drawing messy. I also noticed that some parts on the left side are bigger/wider than their counterpart on the right side. It also would have been better if the drawing was complete.

quote:

Approved.

< Message edited by Personater -- 1/29/2010 11:45:47 >
Post #: 346
1/30/2010 13:12:17   
Laos

i mostly work on aqw wepons , and sometmes armours
dimond sword
shumps loss

this is a great drawing , i really like the level of detail on the face of the dragon , however there are a few un-needed or unnesecery lines around the chin area , the dragon looks un-completed becasue from the shoulders down , theres not much shading or detail which lets this drawing down a bit .
the dentist comes across comical , but doesnt fit in with the level of detail on the dragons face - so its pretty uneeded , even though it wasnt really seroius

the whole design is great and unique , the wepons and main body have fantastic detail .
the legs look like there at a 45 degree angle , but the arms look like there a bit more square , almost like the robot is twisted .
the use of no colour works well with the picture , because you have to imagine what colours there would be and what they would be used for .
this drawing could benifit from a bit of shading , to not only look more reilistic but to give us an idea of were the light source is coming from .

quote:

approved

< Message edited by Personater -- 1/30/2010 15:24:20 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 347
2/1/2010 22:15:34   
Gaby_1211

My images:

My image 1
My image 2

Constructive Criticism:

First, the combination of colors is excellent, the yellow smoke contrasts very well with the red background. Also the colors of Naruto's hair blends nicely with the colors next to him. Also, it looks like Naruto is moving, like runing forward, which is a very ppositive aspect in an image, because it ain't easy to transmit that sensation. About the symbols in the right corner, it's hard to tell wether they are letters or just symbols, but the color fits perfectly in the picture.
Even if I'm not a Naruto fan, I admit that I like this image, because it doesn't hurt in the eye, and you can see a very well done signature.

It's hard to tell wether if this is a boy or a girl, because you can see a female face, but the body is a male's. But ignoring that, I must say that the armor reminds of a videogame (can't remember the name). The armor has a lot of detail in the upper half. as it looks a like like some kind of very resistent material. The belt's pockets could be a little smaller, so they don't cover part of the red zones, which are, I'm my opinion, one of the best parts of the image. The bracelets could be a little tigher, so they could fit more with the costume, or could be replaced with some kind of wrist band, or bracelet. The shading in the arms and face is pretty good, it gives you a sense of a volumized image (like 3D, and not 2D). Something that could be fixed, is the strings in the shoulders, because the left one looks like it's falling down, and even if the character is turned a little to the left, it shouldn't look so down (the string).

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Personater -- 2/2/2010 18:57:38 >
DF  Post #: 348
2/6/2010 14:53:17   
tthorn4

My images:
Image 1
Image 2

This dragon is fairly realistic, you can see where the membrane of the wings joins smoothly into the spine. It is also noticed that the muscles easily meld into the bone structure of this fine beast. in other words I find it anatomically correct. Considering this is from the artist's mind it seems that a lot of thought was put into the dragon's backbone, I like how it melds into the tail but it, but I'm not sure about how one vertebrae is always overlapping another, it would seem to hinder the dragons movement. There also seem to be unnecessary lines on the base of the wing. There are also un-needed scribbles at the joint of the left wing. all in all I say this is a good piece!

This picture most definitely has a "cute" feel to it, the eyes are so shiny and adorable! Anyhow the combinations of colors is interesting, they don't smooth into each other, they are sudden, almost contrasting, but complimentary at the same time. I don't like that the dragon has no forelegs, it seems more as a deformed wyvern. all in all, it's OK.
quote:

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves

Approved

< Message edited by Personater -- 2/6/2010 16:45:09 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 349
2/7/2010 21:30:21   
icysinner

Sample Artwork #1
Sample Artwork #2

First off, I'd like to say that the mecha in the picture is extremely well drawn, and has both a good sense of proportion and attention to detail. My favorite part is the laser sword mounted on the left arm. However, there are some places where I feel a few minor changes can be made: The first is biggest problem I find with this sketch is the positioning of the right leg. If you look at the other three limbs, they are all pointing in the same general direction, somewhere around the bottom left-hand corner; but the right leg is twisted so that it faces the left side of the paper, rather than the bottom left-hand corner, like the left foot. I think that the right foot should be drawn so that it matches the left foot in perspective, so the mecha has a more even and balanced appearance. The left foot could also use a bit more detail, such as an arch in the base of the foot to match the arch in the right foot. The last thing the chassis of the mecha, below the cockpit. The lines there seem slightly random and also a bit out of place, since the way the lines are drawn don't really match the lines on the rest of the mecha (the lines below the cockpit stick out a bit too much because they're a bit too dark, like they were drawn with a freshly sharpened pencil while the rest of the picture was drawn with a semi-blunt pencil). I think a better solution would be to omit the lines entirely, or draw them in a recognizable design, like the lines on the base of the cannon mounted on the right arm. Overall however, this is amazingly well drawn, and has that visually appealing, "quick-and-practiced sketch" look. Well done! ;)

This is a nicely done sig, with good color choices and an overall very clear render of Link. There are, however, a few problems that could be fixed to make the sig better. One thing is the lights dots of color in the haze around Link's figure. These dots are slightly distracting, and make Link's exact outline hard to determine. If this was intentional, then the effect was achieved perfectly. However, if that was not the intention, then the removal of the lighter dots could help solidify Link's figure and make it clear that Link is the only object in the foreground. As it is, the background seems to wrap around Link like a mist, so the boundaries between foreground and background is blurred. Another problem is at the left-hand corner of the sword and shield on Link's back. The edge of the sword and shield appears to have been copied and placed directly beneath the original edges, and since this effect is not clearly repeated anywhere else, I would advise removing the copy as it does not fit. Overall, this is a brilliant sig, with a very nice background and, as I said before, and excellent render of Link, with great lighting on top of all that. Kudos to the maker! ;)

Approved :)

< Message edited by Personater -- 2/8/2010 17:18:57 >
DF MQ  Post #: 350
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 13 [14] 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*
Page 14 of 15«<1112131415>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition