Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*
Page 3 of 15«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/22/2009 5:08:50   
Master War

Picture 1

And

Picture 2

quote:

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Edit:

/me crosses his fingers

Not approved. Read the rules.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 3/26/2009 21:18:34 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 51
3/22/2009 20:46:11   
V

[Example 1]
[Example 2]

I like this image quite alot, it has a good, solid gradient from the soft, lime green to the dark forest green on the top of the image, and the sharpness/blurry factor seems to be balanced well. There's only a few things on it that I would change. The first thing being, the large 'jj_legend' tag on the lower left corner of the image. The dark green on the light brush blur looks very out of place, besides that, the font doesn't really go with the image. It was given a nice inner-glow affect but all and all the tag looks very out of place. If I where to change it, I think I would probably give it a gentle cursive or bit-map font, perhaps 'Jey' or '04b03'. As for the color, I would make it white or perhaps a little darker green than it's background.

The Character of the signature has a good Black and White sense to him which really mixes into the gentle, passive feel of the green. The one thing that bugs me about him is that his right elbow seems to be distorted/swirled which makes it look messy, this seems to go down the the bridge/toys of the guitar.

The last thing that I notice is the boarder of the signature. The black boarders on the top & bottom look nice, but on an actual page it would probably look better if it had a 1 px black frame all around the image.

All and all, its a pretty good signature but the artist just has to be careful about his color mixes and the choppiness of his sharpens/distorts/blurs.

The first thing I see in this picture is how the far left side of the image 'repeats' the wallpaper pattern. I'm very critical of this as it takes your eyes away from the girl, and makes the pastel-affect edges seem un-centered which takes alot of strength out of them.

The second thing I notice is that her eyes. If you look closely, it appears that the artist selected them and put a heavy opacity fill on them to almost seem like it was the empty sockets, clever indeed, and it has quite a nice result- Plus adding a 'paranoid' feeling to the image. The only thing is that the white boarder of the original eye could seem like a little bit of noise to the eyes, and taking alot of power away from them.

I would also give the bottom left corner brush blur a bit less opacity, or maybe erase a bit from it as its a little overpowering and seems to cover up the wallpaper a bit to much.

All and all, I think removing the tiled part of the image would make it much stronger, and perhaps playing with the model's eyes a little bit. Most of the blurring and lighting on this image was beautifully done.

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Approved.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 3/26/2009 21:18:52 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 52
3/23/2009 9:53:59   
Zenitor

No 1
No 2
[image]http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~cult/images/Anime/bleach.jpg[/image]

What I like bout this image is its background color . I mean look at it , its a bit sad and also a bit cheerful . A Fusion of both ! Pure Beauty! And the look in his eyes... mysterious! Everything is really good exept for those blood stains . They arnt placed very good. 8.5/10.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 3/26/2009 21:19:48 >
DF MQ  Post #: 53
3/24/2009 9:37:58   
tmyster7

My 1st piece
My second piece

I think that this image is really well done but i would have to say that it is a bit unclear of what he is doing. But the things that I think really work well are the colour sceme. I think that the layout looks asif it has been well thought out, but my only consern is that the decoration isnt really very relevent to Brad Pitt. I would rate this sig very highly at about 9/10 but 1 improvement would be that Brad doesnt stand out very well as he is faded into the decoration.

I really like this sig as it looks really wel made and you cant see any spare pixels around the outside. One of my points of improvements is that the background isnt very clear, not only does it look a little blurred but I cant really make out what it is meant to be. To improve the background i suggest maybe a brighter image of a background from one of the zelda games. But all in all I think this is an excellent sig and I would definatelly use it so i will rate it 9/10 again.

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves

Not approved. You need to work on your CC. Check out the link to Dep's thread on the first page if you need help.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 3/26/2009 21:20:40 >
Post #: 54
3/24/2009 10:37:32   
RS

Just have one question if i dont get the approval is there as many times as you like if you fail?
1st pic
2nd pic

cc image one
This is a pretty good picture but there are some weird things such as.You can't really see the top of the guys face it is kind of like hes a shadow and,one side of his face is way to dark to see.His arm on the left is really smudged up again he kind of likes like a ghost.The text at the bottom left is very good its dark in a light area so it sticks out.i like how the bottom turns from light to dark(dark at the top).

CC image 2
There are many good parts of this but i will start with all the bad things.The text is about immpossible to see i used glasses(not mine) and i could'nt even read it.The left side of Naruto is dark in the left but the left in the background its light.The good parts are you have been using Naruto's main colors.Your an awesome artist

Not approved. You need to work on your CC. Check out the link to Dep's thread on the first page if you need help.

And you can try until you get it right.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 3/26/2009 21:21:11 >
DF  Post #: 55
3/28/2009 23:03:38   
Nartborrocks
Banned

1. www.battlefieldrpg.webs.com (my gaming site)

2. [alt image1]
This has a clean sprite and shows an excellent example of shading. His equipment make you look around not just this boys face. I in all honestly like this picture as a young boy to go on an adventure. His armor colors vary so he is not all gray or all brown or all blue. One thing that I thought could've been better is it looks like there is a red gash on his arm. Otherwise this is a good all around picture.

[alt image2]
This picture has a good render and I personally like the affects of him/her ready to take flight. As of the picture, the dragon is too much of one color and the red seems out of place. The background has a good texture affect and makes your eye move a small bit away from the dragon but towards its surroundings.

quote:

< Message edited by Grafh -- 4/1/2009 19:33:25 >
AQ DF  Post #: 56
3/29/2009 23:10:55   
.body

1. Picture 1
Picture 2

Very nice blending.I think the smudging does also very well for the sig.It is very easy to tell where the lighting is,and it blends in ery well with the image.Some Simple Text would benefit the image i believe.I dont like how her right shoulder is partially transparent.Overall,nice smudging placement and very very nice blending and light definition. 9.5/10

Again,the smudgin is really good.i like the colors,and the simplicity of it all.I think that you erased or smudged his right hand a tiny bit too much.i like the brushes that you chose to use also.Text is very simple,but works really well with the sig.i dont really like the border lines on the top and bottom.Overall,very nice blending and effects.9/10

3. I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 4/1/2009 19:33:42 >
AQ  Post #: 57
3/30/2009 11:45:31   
necrolich66

i whant to make a galery for all AEgames

ENTRY coming soon

AQ

AQ jokes
KING WARLICHZILLA
limkrag's brother
euhm artix did you forgot your holy cofee?

AQ:guard jokes
guard:1
guard2

AQW

AQW:edited pics
this is sparta ( thanks to XARGIN)

AQW:sigs
sig:13 lords of doom(1)
sig:13 lords of doom edited
evil wil win

AQW:jokes
pirate comic:love
wrong place 1
wrong place 2

MQ

MQ:jokes
you stoled my idee
DOOM on FRY the 13
hi bro
LIGHT ghost?

DF

DF:edited pics
NOXUS help Falconreach
THE BOLD

much more soon

are they aproved?

< Message edited by Grafh -- 4/1/2009 19:34:06 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 58
3/30/2009 13:18:54   
tanknspank

Sig 1
Sig 2

[image 1]

This looks like this is a kid who wants to fit into something, even though its not what he wants. He's got the whole look where the plain cap and the hood over it and the hoodie with the crazy design on it. But with the exspression on his face, it doesn't look like this is what he wants to be doing. It's like he wants to fit in somewhere, but this is the only thing and even though he doesn't like it, he's still going to go with it.

The background also looks like its somewhere bad. Its smudged around the graffiti, which does add its own part to the sig, but it would've been better with its own design and not just smudged colors. It looks like someone just splattered paint around after they finished making the work of graffiti. But besides that the graffiti was a very nice piece to add to this. It is very well done with the crazy font and look to it.

The final thing i want to say about this is how all the colors match. Though you used different shades of colors, you only used two different greens and a white. But this is perfect, not taking away anything from the sig. Using different colors would've made this to realistic, and not a good work of art.

[image 2]

In this pic, something chaotic looks like it is going on. It looks like spidey would be screaming, if u could see his face. It then shows how there is stuff melting off of spidey, which could mean pain. The melting could be the whole reason for the screaming look. Or it looks like it could be raining or spidey is standing under water coming down, and that is the stuff coming down on spidey. The lightning then adds to the fact that everything looks chaotic. It just so happened that the lightning came down right beside spidey. These facts are very good things that make the whole pic chaotic, and appealing as a signature.

He also fills up the signature very well. Except for the top right and left corners, there is nothing that doesn't have something going on in it. And even though there is nothing there except for the background, it doesn't take away from the signature.

This is a very nice signature from how spidey fills up the pic to how there is many different things to add to the chaotic theme of the signature.

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 4/1/2009 19:34:23 >
AQ  Post #: 59
4/3/2009 4:42:31   
Zack walden

Art example 1
Art example 2

The yellow color blend's well with the render especially the explosives
The armor may be rusty but it does show the hardwork of ironman
i can imagine the hardwork of the maker
because of the magnificent piece of artwork
but the explosives should be a little less brighter
than it is now and the smoke cover's some of the render
But it seems that it show's the true comic version of ironman
the smooth blending,the magnificent render and the nice background
really shows artistic work! good job!

Overall: 9/10

The image show's a great mixture of the lightning and the render
it also has the comical render of spiderman
the magnificent flow of red and white shows you
the hard work of the artist
some may have noticed though
that some of the lightning goes over spiderman's hands which ruin's the pop-up effects
the effect's from all over spiderman's body shows realistic effects
in my point of view the rain show's spiderman's true emotion's
which is anger, hatred and pain
but the artwork seems to be incredible

Overall 8.5/10

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 4/7/2009 19:46:33 >
Post #: 60
4/3/2009 14:15:16   
Cryogenesis

Two samples of the work I have done are as follows:
Sig 1
Sig 2
(Note: I do digital art as well, but my program has been acting up.)

My Constructive Criticism.

CC 1
This one is really well done. The "aura", which is the blurred color behind him, gives off a sense of doom, but not so much as to make Naruto come across as a villain, but rather, an anti-hero. This is furthered by the fact that Naruto, in this picture, is wearing black. Judging by the look in the eyes, one can tell he is determined. The background drives this "anti-hero" feeling even further, by using darker colors, red and and fading to black. I can only find one problem, which is that the aura doesn't "swirl" but is rather stagnant, which makes the picture feel static. Regardless, that is a minor blemish on what is a great work of art. I would give it a 9/10

CC 2
This one was done very well. Here, we see Link in a forest, standing in a sunbeam created by a gap in the trees above. The whole picture gives off a sense of heroism, pulled off by the light and the background working in unison. The background, while not exactly detailed, pulls off the feeling of a long journey, which even by itself gives off a heroic vibe. The light symbolizes that he is "the hero who will save the world". Using the light practically, the artist was also able to show Link's masculinity, which, due to his feminine figure, is often overlooked. This was done by using a contrast of light and dark. All this pulls together to form the "hero"(illuminated Link) being set apart from the "evil"(the darkened forest). This artist did everything right in my opinion, and was able to create something truly marvelous. I give it a 10/10

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 4/7/2009 19:47:12 >
AQ DF  Post #: 61
4/4/2009 21:53:34   
Master War

Picture 1

Picture 2

Well The 1st One is ok,but i dont really like spider man [5.5/10.0]

2nd One,Well,It Has A Lot Of JUnk In The Background But other then that its ok [9.5/10.0]

Edit:I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Edit2:Natevujak Dont Spam Unless U Have A good reason

< Message edited by Grafh -- 4/7/2009 19:47:40 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 62
4/5/2009 18:25:39   
Xaladin

My picture 1
My picture 2

Image 1

From looking at this picture i can see the burning desire in the eyes of Naruto. I like the picture as I feel that it is very capuslating and powerful. Naruto's desire and inner emotion are displayed through an outer burst of raw colour, almost 'flame' like. However, personally I would add the picture of the nine tailed fox demon in the backgroud. I would add this beacause it could act as a powerful medium of the emotion shown in the picture, much like how in Naruto the fox demon is usually shown as a manifestation of Naruto's negative feelings. E.g. hate, guilt and anger etc.

Image 2

I like this picture a lot, because I feel there is a lot of emotion, the first instictual thoughts I get from looking at this picture of spiderman are of pain, restrictment and anger. The dominant red colour highlights the anger in spiderman, it seems to have an effect on the background as it is different shades of red highlighting the volotile feelings portrayed. The lightening gives an effect of chaos and unblalance(seen mostly in games and movies as a rift i.e a warp hole, the elemetal avatars attacking falconreach). The elements of pain and restrictment are seen on the face and suit of spiderman. Restriction is also emphasised by the thin ties holding spiderman down(almost like chains). Personally,I would maybe change the background to black to give a feeling of confinement. It could also give the effect of an inner strugle rather than an exterior one to add more depth.(this technique is used in games and anime/manga, usually for a character solioquy or private thought, to seperate themselves from the outside world).

quote:

'I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.'

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 4/7/2009 19:48:03 >
Post #: 63
4/5/2009 19:01:55   
Thrash fan

Picture I
Picture II

In my eyes, this is a very commanding and spectacular signature. The bloody cloud colors and the smooth as glass effects coming from spider man are so powerful and fresh that it demands your full interest. It’s as if he’s drowning in his own blood, gasping for life, really adding the dramatic feel to the picture. But, it seems over spider man’s left eye there is a white spot with an eraser blot, making the marvel hero look unrendered and thus ruining the moment. Though this looks easy to repair. In general I can see you put a lot of effort into this creation.

My ranking: 9/10

I like this portrait quite a lot. The brush effect on Link’s hat are candy to the eyes, telling you it’s breezy. The blur effects are very thrilling, it tells the story the hero of time is charging at an enemy with his glowing mastersword, ready to slay the demon with every last ounce of strength he’s got. The render itself is very high detailed and greatly shaded, making this a very good choice for the picture. The disadvantage though is that the blots on the left are out of place, and could use some blur tools to flow with the rest of the picture. Though it doesn’t look easy to repair, with time and effort, you could make this fine work of art into a masterpiece.

My ranking: 8/10

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 4/7/2009 19:48:42 >
AQ  Post #: 64
4/6/2009 12:03:11   
Dooooooooom

Image 1 http://s557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/Sharklord123/?action=view¤t=Jesseart004-1.jpg
Image 2 http://s557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/Sharklord123/?action=view¤t=jesseart-1.jpg

By looking at the picture you can see all emotions are visible such as: Pain, Anger, Fear and one I cannot describe. The red is a little overwhelming and the lighting represents the pain and anger that he is feeling. The cloudiness fits in really well and gives the picture depth. By his left eye is white blot. Which really ruins the picture if you are focusing alot.
Overall an outstanding picture which can really move you. You can feel the depth, the pain and the anger. It is really welldone!

9.5\10

Starting off, The dragon has a lot of shading which is great. His horns are spetacularly done and his head goes nicely with everything except the dentist: The dentist seems out of place thus bring the picture down a bit. It just seems that someone chose to draw him there for no apparent reason. But moving back on the dragon, His teeth and everything just go so well together and it's just so great there are no more words to explain it.

9.6\10

quote:

I cross my fingers and hope!

Not approved. Your images are missing.

< Message edited by Dooooooooom -- 4/8/2009 9:26:34 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 65
4/6/2009 20:47:24   
Pyronix15

Image example one

Image example 2

Anyways, first up
Sentimento
This ones interesting, It shows how the woman looses herself in her own little world when she plays the guitar. The texture also looks very dream like, and some of the light hits perfectly so it doesn't hinder the words. One thing that doesn't really fit is the reflection off the couch, or whatever it is she is siting on. The reflection makes it look less natural, even though it takes more work. I would have just left the light section so it just looks almost like a sunset. Other than that, it looks really natural, and the direction of light matches the the point of origin perfectly. Im very glad you didn't mix in a whole bunch of rainbow colors just because it was a light mood. The color scheme is excellent, just the right amount of lights to dark's. It looks like the dawn, it really does. All in all, I really feel like guitar is the thing that saves this woman in a world of uncertainty, at least that's the vibe I get from the dark's contrasting against the lights.

Pianted girl
This one is quite nice in that dark sense, and the artistic parts match up pretty well. I guess the lady is supposed to be crying on the inside, that's pretty cool. The lighting is a little overused in some places, as there doesn't seem to be a point of origin, and it seems to mostly shine on the already light parts of the pic, which kinda wastes it and makes the face look to shiny. I also think that empty section of tan on the empty side of the girl looks kinda out of place. It looks like it was another face, I think it should either be another face, or preferably erased, or you could add other blotches of that pattern for better effect. Other than those, I think the texture is awesome, especially the sad face, it almost looks like a painting. And the mist like theme of the background is sweet, I'll have to borrow it when im doing mystraven sigs . It really conveys a sense of being lost in a place of darkness in a subtle way. As for the human face, I would add a few filters to make it look more like painting to match the sad face, but that's just my personal style. Its just as well the way it is.

NOTE- Im sorry if i seem harsh, I would consider someone who said these things extremely nitpicky. Its juts that from the post, It sounds like we are supposed to be finding flaws in the art so............Anyways, I find these sigs beautiful, and can currently never do anything close to these in terms of quality .

Im mostly going to make a gallery, and the occasional sig.

quote:

If its not to much trouble, I don't suppose you could leave a few words of CC on my work, and let me know how professional my CC sounds, can you? Im mostly doing this gallery to get tips on my work, as i want to do graphic design some day, and just started.

Approved. If I get some free time, I pm you with cc.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 4/7/2009 19:50:22 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 66
4/7/2009 16:54:55   
Ryanator

Pitcure 1
Picture 2

When i look at Spidey in this Picture, I can see that gut-wrenching torture that is being afflicted onto him. Just by the expressions with his hands you can see that the pain is unimaginable. The red in the background along with the lightning creates an effect of anguish, Fear, determination and many others. I find the work Personally, Amazing and hope to be able to do something like this one day.

The picture has a great 3d effect to it. It looks as if the dragon is going to come out of the screen and just take me away. The look in the dragon's eye is great. You can see that he looks like he is sizing you up, deciding weather he should show you admiration and respect or trying to decide which part of you he should eat first. The horns are magnificent. They look 100% of what in my mind a dragon's horns should look like. The blunt head of it is also very interesting, because it shows that he is quite intelligent as having a large skull and also is intimidating because you can imagine just how many teeth are in his mouth. The pose of him is amazing, It looks as if he just walked out of his cave and sees you standing there, pondering who or what this creature is.

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 4/7/2009 19:52:22 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 67
4/7/2009 20:26:22   
moghunter

My faces
Random Characters

In this image i think the creater brought out the image by brightening up just the center of it.And making the blade on his back appear more clearer.
Also the way he/she mixed both a light and a dark green 2getherto make a sort of greenish black color that does this picture well. The way the creater blended the colors and Link make it look like he is being washed by a flood of green. This image also has a great video game kind of art style to it . The spots that liter the image give a glare to the image. It has a sort of glittering effect.

This image looks like a comic style anime.
Its bright colors and rough texture tells u that iron man just ripped apart something that just exploded.
The colors of bright orange and red give a certain flare to the character (iron man).
The details such as the scraps and dents really add life and a natural look to this design. I don't know if the scratches were intended or just came with the pic, but its still a nice touch. Its subtle, but I think the light originates around iron man, and I love that, it makes it look like iron man is protected by a shield in a figurative sense. The pose also conveys a sense that that iron man is beaten down and tired, but he keeps going. Very good.
quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 4/14/2009 18:42:43 >
DF  Post #: 68
4/7/2009 21:40:53   
Master War

Picture 1 (Note:Pikachu's My Favourtie pokemon)

Picture 2

Cc1 Well This Picture Is A Bit Messy,The Line In It Doesnt Stand Out And The Writing Is HArd To See In Red BEcause The Background Is Black ,Which Ruins THe Picture and the selketon things dont really stand out so this is the things the maker has to change.The noctry thing,i don't get it,why is it there? OTher THen That IS Good[6.5/10.0]

CC2 THis PIcture Has A Lot OF Detail Into IT,But The Blade and The Center Is Really BRight (to me),So Darken that bit up a bit,it makes it look bad.The Hair Isn't That Dull But Not Too Bright as well.The Fact That His Looking Behind Him Checking For Monsters Makes IT A Bit Clearer,But I Suggest Him unsheathing his blade just incase theres a monster from behind or the front other then this its pretty good. [7.5/10.0]

< Message edited by Grafh -- 4/14/2009 18:43:02 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 69
4/7/2009 21:54:50   
I_pity_the_fool4321

Picture 1

Picture 2

Immediately as you gaze at this signature, you notice Iron Man, then the explosion around him. The colors match well with the centerpiece in this render. You capture the raw power that iron man is capable of, and present it in a manner that is appealing to the viewers eyes. The different hue's of reds, oranges and yellows make this render especially beautiful because they are not to overbearing to the eyes, yet, they are not too subtle, in the form they were made. The part that really captures the immensity of the explosion around iron man is the burning city in the background, with the ripple around it, as if the space around it is bursting at the seams. 10/10

The power of this image is beautiful. As you gaze into the render, you notice spiderman, writhing in pain from some unknown force. The lighting crackling around him emphasizes the magnitude of his pain, anger, and will power. The red is not overpowering, and is not under powering. The Gaussian Blur around spider also emphasizes the intensity of the render, for it shows the the effects of whatever is affecting spiderman, is slowing breaking away from him. But near the top of his head, there is a gray spot, which looks like an erase mark. If that part was touched up, then this signature would have better quality. A nice signature, 9.5/10.0

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 4/14/2009 18:43:33 >
Post #: 70
4/8/2009 11:24:17   
The Mega Destroyer

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss124/_themegadestroyer_/prezzy4sentinox.jpg

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss124/_themegadestroyer_/prezzy4cohon.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/e5gpjp.jpg

Well, I think this dragon is a unique and well designed drawing.It's scales are very nice, because it has been done with great carefulness. The shape of all the body parts makes it even more realistic than if it was smaller or bigger. Unfortunately, I do not think that this dragon's face blends in with the rest of the dragon. In a wat the face clashes with it and it seems like the head has been taken for a different dragon. The wing which you can see has been well shaped the size of them, again, are perfect. You do not see alot of dragons with spikes on their tails, but for this dragon there is and I think that it does blend in with the whole dragon(apart from head).
The three feet which are visible are in a good pose which is very realistic,they are shaped very carefully.This is one of the best dragon picture I;ve ever seen but the only change that I would make would be the head, apart from that, this picture is excellent.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/fy2x4h.jpg

Dragons are very popular in books and movies. Alot of people like their ability to fly. I do too. I think that a good thing is about the artist to only focus on the dragon's head, not drawing anything else so the viewer can only comment/see the face of the dragon. The horns are very well designed and sized. They blend in with the head except from the horn coming out of the back of the dragon's head which,I think, ruins the picture. The small eye also suits the picture and especially the size of the eye. Because the dentist is not drawn properly makes the picture cartoony/not realistic anymore. Also, if the dentist was not there, it would look like the dragon was roaring with it's mouth open, which would be fine, but because of the dentist the picture, in a way, is ruined.

The Mega Destroyer

P.S. I MADE MY SIGNATURE TOO IT'S AN EXTRA EXAMPLE OF MY PICTURES.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 4/14/2009 18:44:06 >
Post #: 71
4/8/2009 15:11:19   
Winsrar™

I think i'l try again :P
If this does not belong here or i still may not rejoin please pm with the date when i'm allowed to rejoin.

My images:
Angel's Shield
Leprachaun Blade

Constructive Criticism:
Angel's Shield,
I like the gold effect on this shield.The combination with "cream" makes it look angelic.The lineart is good,using the hairline unlike some of my older works.However the swords could've been done better,the curves make them look....less dangerous.Also the shield could've use a 4th shade.Overall it's a good image but not more than that.

Leprachaun Blade,
This is considered by the most as my best weapon.The name fits it as it looks like something a leprachaun warrior would wield.The colors fit the theme.The handle is abit too long for it and looks like the top of a staff which makes the sword look strange.The blade is a bit too dark and could've used more work.The gold effect is also cool(it looks like it's my strong point :P).The shade diferect is too less and the sword could've overal use more work.

On a side note i once reregistered as ChickencowKnight and got aproved so if you recognize some of his examples it's because he was me.Before you ban be:YES,I WAS baned

Sincerely and Hopeless,Vac

Not approved. Recheck the rules. And you can keep trying till you get it right.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 4/14/2009 18:45:29 >
Post #: 72
4/9/2009 20:54:37   
earth breather

2nd time lucky :D

<--picture 1

I chose this signature today not just because it was the first sig i ever made but one of the best i ever made
the ship looking item on this side <----- was actually a promising mistake making the sig look great
At first i thought it was horrible but now i think it looks great
The word noctru comes form the clan nocturu as it is the clan i am in
the blackness of the backround makes me recognise it as now the darkness of night
the faces on each side resemble a picture i got from my clan aswell but binding it with the signature makes it look complete 10/10

<-- picture 2

With this picture i actually took 2 screenshots cut off half of each and fused them to make one big picture i focused on the nerkitten for no simple reason as for the same as the armor wepaon shield etc it was all by random because it was what i had equipped when the screenshot was taken i made the nerkitten singular on that side---> to make it have a good effect on the picture and filled the bakcround with black. if i had of kept the screenshot's the same they wouldnt look as good as they are now (9 and a half/10)

Not approved. Check the rules.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 4/14/2009 18:46:01 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 73
4/11/2009 8:16:12   
Winnie

Image 1
Image 2

1st image (The one of the edited battle)
I think that it was a bit pixely, but other than that it was nice. Next time you may want to smooth it out, but I still love it.

2nd image (The Dragon brishing his teeth one)
LOL! Dragon brushing his teeth image! I love the dragon, it looks wayyyy better than what I could draw. The dentist dude however, looks like it could use a bit wf work. Still love it.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 4/14/2009 18:46:18 >
DF AQW  Post #: 74
4/11/2009 11:24:26   
the old nite

Art 1.
Art 2.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/e5gpjp.jpg
I really like dragons because the seem so adventurous you never know how they might look and i really like this dragon. The preportions are great on this as most things seem to fit.I really like how detailed the dragon is.The scales look really good and seem to make it more realistic. The wings too look great i like how fingers become the wing claws. His tail is very detailed to the rest of the body. However, the dragons head. The head doesn't look like it belongs to the dragon and looks more like the head of massive serpent. It ruins the rest of the dragon and the rest of the picture apart from the head is great.
I believe that if the head was better and colour was added this would be a perfect picture of a dragon.
Overall, It's a great dragon but the head doesn't fit and it could you a bit of shading/colour.
9.8/10

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/fy2x4h.jpg
This peice is really good. It is really done well everything except the eyes and the dentist or doctor.
The teeth of the dragon seem to fit into the whole picture and so do the horns which have been very well designed. The shading is brilliant. However, the eye are shaded nicely seems a bit to forward and just above the teeth and it is also extremely small compared to the size of the dragons head and it just makes the picture look very weird. The dentist too is very bad because he is not drawn like the dragon was and he just spoiled the picture and made it look non-realistic.
The dragons head is done very well but when it comes to the shoulders it looks a bit human like.
Overall, I really like this but it could do without the doctor or dentist and the eyes could be done better awell as the dragons shoulder/ upper chest.

9.2/10

quote:

I was looking through the thread and picked out the dragons which looked best. I hope this is ok.

Approved

Oh thank you grafh this means so much to me. Thank you very much.

< Message edited by the old nite -- 4/14/2009 18:51:04 >
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*
Page 3 of 15«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition