Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Getting the most from your mechs: a guide to successful customisations

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest Guides >> Pending Guides >> Getting the most from your mechs: a guide to successful customisations
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/4/2009 10:37:36   
madman 13

In order to succeed in MQ you can go to ways: find a mech that fits with you and your strategy, or just get a darn good mech!

For those who can't find/afford a powerhouse, this guide is for getting more out of the more affordable mecha

Newbatron

Note: While these strategies have been tried, tested, and in some cases, sworn by, by me and my mates, this was before the scaling system update, and some of this may be out of date. If it is, Pm me with complaints/suggested corrections

The newbatron V1 became the embodiment of my idea: everyone has one, or can easily get one from Teks mechs, yet it can be very powerful if used right at a high level.

My strategy: I used this one when I was still on the newbatron. It requires level 12, some progress at mecharoni, and membership to a house (for optimum result. it still works without)

Chassis: newbatron V1
Front arm: Mama-mia mega slicer
back arm: lava blaster
shoulder: sling missile 1X
Head: energy flux (If your not in runehawk, then get your houses equivalent head)

What to do: fire the shoulder first, then front arm, then back arm, front arm again, then shoulder, then front arm. By then the opponent is often dead. If not your back arm may be working again. If all else fails then fire your head at this point. then front. Then the backarm should be working, allowing you to finish the opponent, providing you have enough energy.

Or: if your opponent only has thirty health don't waste time on the strategy. Just fire your lava blaster first to kill.

Apparently if you don't mind high cooldown, and having to skip, then a used electron sniper is very usefull

Before level twelve, the smoky flamethrower is worth its weight in crystalised dragons breath. If you buy one for each arm,
then you will be able to burn your opponent two the ground, but it doesen't work on bosses due to high cooldown.

What not to buy: katanna, or newbatron V2. These are stronger than your current mech, but through a quirk in scaling get you vastly overpowered enemies.

Note: Since I am in runehawk predominantly, I will need serious help with other houses. PM me with any ideas

Level six runehawk housemech strategy

Note: I personally don't agree with level six runehawk mechs. Runehawk only really comes into its own at higher levels.

But, if like me, you are (or were) in a hurry to get a new mech, it can be good with loads of extra equipment.

Worthwile: lava blaster, energy flux (or other stronger head) proton sniper, flower power (from valentines day, embarrasing but effective!)
plasma pulsar

How to use: work down the weapon list, using the highest available weapon first (You use the proton sniper a second time right after one of the shoulders.) This technique is good against single enemies, but useless when you reach warlic's tibattleonia mission. At this point swap to an electron sniper to get through.

Kind of stumped now. after this point my friend found a brilliant farmoing method in the labyrinth and demonstrated it by boosting me up to level twenty three overnight. I'll need other players support to deal with intermittent stages.

< Message edited by madman 13 -- 4/25/2009 3:52:45 >

Victory is ours!
For Runehawk!!
MQ  Post #: 1
4/22/2009 0:40:33   
Shocka

What is the point of this?

Are you going to list every mech and every combination of weapons and every strategy?
Thats like......a lot

I don;t really see why you made this but ill wait for a mod..
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
4/22/2009 0:50:52   
Nixkreig

Erm... the title doesn't seem specific enough. How about "Guide to Low-level mecha configurations" or something like that?
AQ MQ  Post #: 3
4/22/2009 11:46:59   
madman 13

I am not listing every mech (heck, I haven't even used every mech!)

And its not just lowlevel stuff, I will be moving on to higher things as well

Please try to avoid making Comments like "this is pointless". It's possible not every one agrees, and anyway that's their choice.

< Message edited by madman 13 -- 4/22/2009 12:04:53 >

Victory is ours!
For Runehawk!!
MQ  Post #: 4
4/24/2009 0:51:19   
SCV

This reminds me of a guide a made a long time ago. It got locked.

MQ  Post #: 5
4/27/2009 8:24:17   
justin_slayer

Post mecha customs that most MQ players use. Take a look at the threads in MQGD
AQW  Post #: 6
5/14/2009 19:40:11   
The Game
Pegasus Overlord

It has been established that this guide serves no purpose, because with new equipment, the set-ups in the guide will be constantly outmoded, and the MQ Equipment Comparison thread in the MQ Q&A forum covers this.
AQ  Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest Guides >> Pending Guides >> Getting the most from your mechs: a guide to successful customisations
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition