Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: NPCs

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Info Submission >> RE: NPCs
Page 19 of 27«<1718192021>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/27/2011 8:36:16   
Voodoo Master

Grams - She should have a larger title above "Before Saving Aria" and "After Saving Aria" titles - Grams' Pet Shop

Added the Pet Shop to the Before/After titles, thanks. [Niki]

< Message edited by NikisArmy -- 11/27/2011 8:55:46 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 451
11/27/2011 9:40:20   
Voodoo Master

Mary's Spirit should have the color #006699

Done, thanks. [Niki]

< Message edited by NikisArmy -- 11/27/2011 14:22:18 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 452
11/28/2011 12:41:21   
Voodoo Master

Alesia should have her text updated -

Alesia: Welcome to Town Hall! Mayor Rayf is busy but I see a hole in his schedule.

And she's no longer owning the Falconreach Bank shop.

Done, thanks. [Niki]

< Message edited by NikisArmy -- 11/28/2011 15:50:01 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 453
11/29/2011 15:28:34   
Voodoo Master

The Boxers (1 and 2) and the Box Office Mgr. should not have a banner as their quest can be accessed through various places.

Capt'n Crush's long sentence should be separated into three short ones-

Capt'n Crush: Elementals are magical creatures summoned by mages. We do not know who is behind this... but he is evil!
Capt'n Crush: I have heard about your combat skills... and now that you are here we may have a chance!
Capt'n Crush: My soldiers will hold the line if you can drive back the invaders. Take them all out and I will give you one of our legendary Maces.

Done, thanks. [Niki]

< Message edited by NikisArmy -- 11/30/2011 2:06:15 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 454
11/30/2011 12:32:38   
Voodoo Master

Tog

He should have The Lymcrest Labyrinth on his locations list and this dialogue added for it:

Tog #2: Bark Bark!

Tog #2: Bark!

Tog #1: Bark!
Tog #2: Bark!
Tog #3: Bark!

Rolith

"Victoria's Secret Dialog" title should be called "Victoria's secret".

For The Lymcrest Labyrinth:

Level 1-5

Room FA-Q (Red doorway):

Rolith: It's a secret to everyone!

Rolith: Yes! Anyways, this is a special challenge boss! You're very very unlikely to defeat him. He doesn't give any special rewards either!

Rolith: And if you're wearing the right gear, he'll hit like one too. But only if you're wearing the right items.

Rolith: Yup! I suggest you work together on the forums for this one. Fun, huh?

Rolith: Feel free to head back if you don't want to try.

Level 6-10

Level 10, DA-Q (Boss Room):

Rolith: Heh, This quest will reset if you exit the game, and you'll have to start over. Check out the forums for help! You'll need it!

After finishing Greg's challenge:

Rolith: Here, use mine! Or... At least, a foam copy of mine!

Level 16-20

Room FC-1 (Red doorway):

Rolith: I've gone crazy. How can I be talking to a tog?

Rolith: Yes I have. Don't try and reassure me.

Rolith: Yes!

Rolith: There are 3 togs. One tells only truths. One tells only lies. The third one bites people that ask tricky questions.

Rolith: Hahaha, no. You'll believe anything.... Have you ever tries talking to a tog?

Rolith: No such thing. Anyways, we'll be sacrificing these togs to prevent your horrible death.

Rolith: Good! You'll place each of the togs on the glowing columns, and if you get the combination right, all three togs will die, leaving you alive.

Rolith: However, if you're wrong, the monster will proceed to feast on you, and you'll have to try again.

Rolith: Oh well. That's the deal. Feel free to leave, if you don't care to try. Later rooms will have more goals, and a fewer togs.
Rolith: Each room you clear will save to a checkpoint if you've unlocked all 5 checkpoints on the Togicide Challenge on floor 11.
Rolith: Good luck, and see you on the forums! You'll need their help if you want to beat this!
Rolith: You've got a surprise waiting for you a ways down there.

Done, thanks. [Niki]

< Message edited by NikisArmy -- 11/30/2011 15:54:30 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 455
11/30/2011 16:27:16   
Voodoo Master

Rolith

For Haunted Hedgemaze:

Rolith: Alac? What are you doing off-screen? This is my thing.

Rolith: *Snirk*
Rolith: See you on the forums. I don't know the answers this time. You guys MIGHT get an ally with a virtue-educating stick!

For Togicide Revenge:

Rolith: Sorry, not my fault this time! I have NO idea what's going on.

Rolith: I don't know... the Togs?

Rolith: Very carefully? Anyways, I'm being honest... it wasn't me. I'm working on the next Lymcrest challenge right now.
Rolith: This is something different. Maybe the togs are coming after you for your rampent togicide?

Rolith: Well, it's not as if they understand these cutscenes... all they see is you hitting them until they stop moving.
Rolith: Anyway, it's not looking good for you. This place, it is bigger than anything you've faced before now. And there's only one exit!

Rolith: You're starting to get the hang of these aren't you? Anyways, each hub room connects to 15 other hub rooms.
Rolith: Even one wrong turn will result in finding a dead end and require you to start over. There are togs wandering the halls too, so prepare for a few fights.
Rolith: Anything you don't understand?

Rolith: Right! Let's go!

Alina

For Haunted Hedgemaze-

Alac Mwhahahahahaha! Not Rolith this time!

Alac Not this time! No! It is I, Alac, who will take responsibility for this one.

Alac Oh, no, no Togs. Scary, scary ghosts! Definitely not Togs.
Alac *Snicker*

Both of them should have he quest in their locations lists.

Done, thanks. [Niki]

< Message edited by NikisArmy -- 12/1/2011 4:13:49 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 456
12/1/2011 7:09:17   
Voodoo Master

Rolith

For Toxic Togvenger:

Rolith: Sorry, not my fault this time either! I have NO idea what's going on.

Rolith: I don't know... the Togs? Maybe Alac?

Rolith: Whelp... ... That answers that question... though I'm pretty sure she wasn't to blame for the first part...

Rolith: I'll take care of the jokes if you don't mind.

Rolith: You just snorted! I think that qualifies as a laugh.

For Rolith Is A Bad Man:

Rolith: *snicker* alright... I'll admit it... This one was me. I thought it was funny!

Rolith: I do what I can. Anyways, this one's a bit more straight forward. Right door takes you forward, wrong one leads to a fight and a reset.
Rolith: Oh and by the way? It's 50 rooms long.

Rolith: This is the last one of this challenge, I promise!

For Oh Hole-y Togicide: (he should also have it on his locations list)

Rolith: Oh... so it was you who ratted me out... I should have known!

Rolith: Oh look who's asking questions! You were perfectly fine with ME getting thrown into some mysterious cave never to escape!

Rolith: Ya know... I'm technically writing these quests... I wonder what it is about me that gives you the better lines...

Rolith: Okay, that's it... for that, you're not being let leave until you unlock my cell!

Rolith: What's that? Deux Ex Avalanche?
Rolith: You and the forums will help me get out of here.

Rolith: I wasn't the one to shut me in here... this quest was supposed to be me selling you guys out before you could.

Rolith: I'm curious where this goes... if they want to play games with my quests, I'll play along.
Rolith: And so will you.

Rolith: Oh... I've got no idea. There's ten locks on my end... do you see any switches out there?

Rolith: ... Lovely. I guess we're going to have to figure out how to unlock all ten of these locks!
Rolith: Remember, the forums are your friend! I bet there are some togs guarding the base who might check on us.

Alina

For Toxic Togvenger:

Alac: AHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Alac: Nope. That definitely was the togs. Seriously. No thumbs, but they did it.

Alac: *snicker* Rolith? Making jokes? *snort* Don't make me laugh!

Alac: Only about how funny you thinking you're funny is.

Done, thanks. [Niki]

< Message edited by NikisArmy -- 12/1/2011 7:29:39 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 457
12/1/2011 8:32:10   
Voodoo Master

Rolith

For Abominations Abound: (he should also have it on hi locations list)

Rolith: Yeah... Sorry about that.

Rolith: Yup. We still are.

Rolith: Somewhere else.

Rolith: You see, I have been busily working on our next Togicide/Togslayer storyline quest-

Rolith: Shush, Anyways, yeah... I may have accidently... made... something.

Rolith: Something. And you need to kill it.

Rolith: Yup. One 100 headed monster. Whoes heads have to be killed in the right order..
Rolith: Oh, and the killed heads? Come back as zombies. So they'll fight the rest of the battle too.

Rolith: Yup. I'm feeling generious.

For CMC - Oct 09:

What?!

Rolith: Oh! You don't normally break the fourth wall first! Alright, what do we have to do?

Rolith: Oh, Easy! This is a Code Monkey Challenge! Players will work together on the forums to solve the puzzle.
Rolith: It's sorta a big mind-teaser designed to ONLY be beaten by working together to figure out the solution! What is the other thing?

Rolith: Oh... That...

Rolith: "Just repeat to yourself it's just a game and you should really just relax!"

Rolith:: THERE ARE NO PLOTHOLES!

CodeMonkey Day?

Rolith: It's a really really weird forums joke, so don't think about it too much and you'll be better off!

Rolith: Who's celebrating? I'm WORKING! But in all seriousness, I am deeply humbled by the players who enjoy the work I do.
Rolith: This is more me taking the chance to say thank you to them than any ego trip. Honest!

This Time?

Rolith: Well, Alac has some pie, I want it. You guys are going to find it, I know it's SOMEWHERE in this mountainside!

Rolith: Yup, I think she said it was Keylime.

Rolith: Right, and the entire point of this thing is to get them to do exactly that.

Rolith: Thanks!

Done, thanks. [Niki]

< Message edited by NikisArmy -- 12/1/2011 14:52:13 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 458
12/2/2011 3:20:06   
Jorath
Advocator of Wills

Dialog correction for Circe in The Chase:

Circe: You're going to need to be a lot quicker than that, dragonlord.

Channiru needs dialogue for Dragonsgrasp (after Betrayal):

Channiru: The Jail is finally secure again. The cell at the bottom is ready for its' new occupant... if he can be caught.

Frostscythe?
Channiru: Vilmor has gone after her old friend, Frostscythe.
Channiru: She has sworn to see him put behind the bars she stared at for so long.
Channiru: I fear that he will not be easy prey to catch though, especially with the new powers he absorbed through Cryozen.
Channiru: The fact that he remained hidden for so long before... that he managed to hide the truth and fool us all for so long...
Channiru: Frostscythe will not be brought in easily.

So Vilmor is free?
Channiru: Vilmor was not the one behind the destruction at Bask. The harm done to Cryozen was not her fault...
Channiru: Though she still holds some guilt in her heart, Frostscythe's jealousy and misplaced ambition was the force behind it all.
Channiru: Unfortunately, it resulted in a terrible misjustice against Vilmor. The rift between her and the DragonLords will take time to heal.
Channiru: She is free. I only hope that one day she will feel at home here again...

Can I help?
Channiru: Vilmor has claimed Frostscythe as her quarry. If she needs help, I'm sure you'll be the first she seeks out.

Done, thanks. [Niki]

< Message edited by NikisArmy -- 12/4/2011 7:53:58 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 459
12/2/2011 6:38:37   
Voodoo Master

Rolith

For CodeMonkey Challenge - April 2010:

What?!

Rolith: Oh! You don't normally break the fourth wall first! Alright, what do we have to do?

Rolith: Oh, Easy! This is a Code Monkey Challenge! Players will work together on the forums to solve the puzzle.
Rolith: It's sorta a big mind-teaser designed to ONLY be beaten by working together to figure out the solution! What is the other thing?

Rolith: "Just repeat to yourself it's just a game and you should really just relax!"

CodeMonkey Day?

Rolith: It's a really really weird forums joke, so don't think about it too much and you'll be better off!

Rolith: Who's celebrating? I'm WORKING! But in all seriousness, I am deeply humbled by the players who enjoy the work I do.
Rolith: This is more me taking the chance to say thank you to them than any ego trip. Honest!

This Time?

Rolith: The goal’s to break the combination lock in the next room.
Rolith: You’ll earn gems by killing the togs in the rooms below.
Rolith: The combination will attempt to unlock, and tell you how many you got right…

Rolith: Wouldn’t be a togicide if I didn’t would it?

Rolith: Good luck, cya on the forums!

For CMC - July 10:

What?!

CodeMonkey Day?

This Time?

Rolith: We've got a simple challenge this time!
Rolith: But remember, simple does not make it easy. It's going to be a challenge that literally can not be solved by yourself.
Rolith: Good luck, cya on the forums!

After imputing the right word

Rolith: Wasn't so hard, was it?

Done, thanks. [Niki]

< Message edited by NikisArmy -- 12/4/2011 8:05:55 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 460
12/3/2011 0:22:25   
Zevox

???

Quests given
None

Shops owned
None

Dialogue
???: Hmm...
???: Not yet.

NOTE: See Dracelix

I'm not sure what the exact rules are, but I'm able to post in the pedia, if this is good than let me know, I'd love to post it

The entry structure is Ok; we prefer that each NPC will have each own entry. Done by Voodoo Master. [Niki]

< Message edited by NikisArmy -- 12/4/2011 8:40:56 >
DF  Post #: 461
12/4/2011 12:01:32   
Voodoo Master

All of the following NPCs should have their former texts crossed out like this, and the following texts added in place:

AnnaLissa

AnnaLissa: More flowers? You're such a sweetie-pie, Loren! *blush*

Frack

Frack: I'd better get this gig up and running soon... they charge an arm and a leg for a booth here in the capital.

Guardian (Swordhaven)

Guardian: Ahh, Shopping.. how I love yo--oh hey there.

Morgan

Morgan: *Sigh* Nobody wants to buy food that sits next to a stinky pet shop.

Noma Knight

Noma Knight: Just don't make me have to come down here again, or you will regret it.

Swordhaven Knight(s)

In this case, only the text of the knight near Morgan's booth should be crossed out, And this should be added:

The Residential Section Entrance
Knight: Hail, <Class>. Welcome to the residential section of Swrodhaven. Planning on buying a home?

Done by owner. [Niki]

< Message edited by NikisArmy -- 12/5/2011 2:41:13 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 462
12/4/2011 14:15:51   
  Stephen Nix
Penguin Lore Keeper (DF)

Captain Lestrad and Inspector Doyle need their respected colors in their entries!

Captain Lestrad:

and

Inspector Doyle:

Done, thanks. [Niki]

< Message edited by NikisArmy -- 12/5/2011 2:38:16 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 463
12/5/2011 5:46:16   
Jorath
Advocator of Wills

Dragonmaster Frostscythe needs this color:

Frostscythe: - #0066FF

Unfortunately no. For most entries he has #6699FF which is less good, but I'm not going to change all those entries. I set his color in Betrayal to match this. [Niki]

< Message edited by NikisArmy -- 12/5/2011 7:57:26 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 464
12/7/2011 1:02:29   
Voodoo Master

Guardian Jafar needs his two dialogue titles to be size 2, and the first one should be "Falconreach" only.

Done, thanks. [Niki]

< Message edited by NikisArmy -- 12/7/2011 1:14:21 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 465
12/7/2011 9:26:48   
Voodoo Master

Cestis, Goober, Charlie and Death should have a dialogue title called "No Horsing Around / The Cold Hand of Death" (In Death's case it should replace his "No Horsing Around" title)

Done, thanks. Charlie does not need a title, as the same text is used for all its entries. [Niki]

< Message edited by NikisArmy -- 12/8/2011 3:02:41 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 466
12/10/2011 1:40:17   
Alanna Zelen
Friendly!

Updated information for Swordhaven Knight(s)

Quests given
None

Shops owned
None

Dialogue

The City Entrance
Knight 1: You smell like spell components.

Knight 2
: Do not test me, mage. Unless you're on a quest, you cannot leave town.

The Gate
Knight 1: The cort of the righteous and all-powerful King is off-limits.

Knight 2: One time, the king LOOKED at me as he rode by! I was all like "WOAH, he looked at me!"
Knight 1: ...
Knight 1: I want a transfer.

Near the Inn
Knight: I'm on break.

The Residential Section Entrance
Knight: Oh, hey there Alex.

Knight Next To Holli's Booth
Knight: So... is this stuff fresh?

Group with Norma Knight
Knight: Aww, man!

Updated information for Norma Knight

Quests given
None

Shops owned
None

Dialogue
Norma Knight: By royal decree, I hereby inform you that you are being transferred.
Norma Knight: We need more troops in Oaklore, and you two are going.

Updated information for Sir Prize

Quests given
None

Shops owned
None

Dialogue
Sir Prize: But.. the capital is where it's at! If we move to the country I'm going to be SO bored.

Updated information for Brump

Quests given
Reagent Race

Shops owned
None

Dialogue
Brump: Alexander, where have you been?!

Updated details for Mephisto

Quests given
None

Shops owned
None

Dialogue
Mephisto: Man, everything is so expensive here.. Maybe I can get a job somewhere.

Updated details for Mux

Quests given
None

Shops owned
Mux's Shop

Dialogue
Mux: Hey, you're an apprentice at the mage tower aren't ya? I've got a couple staves you might be interested in.

Updated details for Guardian (Swordhaven)

Quests given
None

Shops owned
None

Dialogue
Guardian: Do you say that to everybody that shops here?

Updated details for Salesman

Quests given
None

Shops owned
None

Dialogue
Salesman: Why hello, sir. Can I interest you in a finely crafted container? I've got barrels of them! *snicker*

Salesman: ...Yes.

Updated details for Kayla

Quests given
None

Shops owned
None

Dialogue
Kayla: Hi there, and welcome to my bakery! I'm Katla. I'm kinda new at this so please leave suggestions in the suggestion sack.

Updated details for Ormrir

Quests given
None

Shops owned
Swordhaven Clothing

Dialogue
Ormrir: Hats! Belts! More belts!

Done, thanks. [Niki]

< Message edited by NikisArmy -- 12/10/2011 8:38:41 >
Post #: 467
12/10/2011 9:40:46   
Voodoo Master

Minkior should be deleted because the name is actually "Milkior" and this NPC already exists.

Mephisto's name is actually "Mehphisto". this typo should be fixed on his entry.

Warlic should have a "Young Warlic" picture.

Done, thanks. [Niki]

< Message edited by NikisArmy -- 12/10/2011 12:37:22 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 468
12/12/2011 23:24:32   
Jorath
Advocator of Wills

Dialogue for Alexander, Warlic and Brump:

Brump: Warlic!
Brump: Have you thoroughly gone over the transitive effects of chaotic fire theory when applied to a liquid plane?

Brump: Good, good.
Brump: The first of two new apprentices has arrived today.
Brump: Alexander, please, enter.

Brump: He has great potential. I expect you to show him around, Warlic.

Brump: Enough with the attitude.
Brump: Take Alexander out to gather reagents, we're low on several.

Alex: Brump seems to think I can.

Alex: I bet I can.

???: *sigh*
???: It's too nice out to be studying...

Warlic: Yes, sir.

Warlic: *snort*
Warlic: Really?

Warlic: *sigh*

Warlic: You really think you can handle it here?
Warlic: This isn't some backwoods magician we're studying under. You're in the capitol now.

Warlic: We'll see. I doubt you can even handle something as simple as gathering reagents though.

Warlic: It's on then.

Done (some before reading this post), thanks. [Niki]

< Message edited by NikisArmy -- 12/13/2011 2:58:50 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 469
12/14/2011 9:27:29   
Voodoo Master

The Mysterious Stranger should be called either ??? or Mysterious Stranger in his dialogues. The mix that he has now is not organized.

Actually I already answered, but you overwrote my reply.
In any dialogue that state his (assuming it’s a He) name, the shown name should be use.
If his NPC is shown (so we know for sure it’s him), use "Mysterious Stranger".
If his NPC is not shown, use "???".

When you decide, I'll post the corrected version here so you can Copy+Paste it easily.

And if we are already talking about the subject, shouldn't Galanoth has a more fitting color? Something like this maybe - Galanoth (he already has this color on some of Peachii's entries)

He has a lot of text that need to be changed (both in his entry and his lines on location/quest entries). I don’t care for the color as long as it is readable, I will apply dialogue submissions when donated.

Verata - here's a color submission for two of his quests dialogues:

Necromancer Verata

???: Meh heh heh... Do not be frightened, his bark is worse than his bite.

???: Hahaha...
???: NO!
???: Wood you like to see what I have in store for you?

???: Do not be such a sap...
???: See these Soul Orbs behind me?
???: They come from wood-be heroes like yourself.

???: I steal souls and use them to create powerful creatures!
???: A cute little fellow, isn't he?
???: Hahahaha!

Verata: Correct.
Verata: You could say that I am the root of all evil around here.

Verata: Trying to figure out why?
Verata: You look stumped...

Verata: Not all Necromancers play with undead...
Verata: By using the power of souls I can create monsters out of anything!
Verata: All of the trees, kresh spiders, and vampire bats are my handy-work.
Verata: Soon my minions will branch out taking over all of Darkovia!

Verata: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Sepulchure's Fortress

Verata: Master, we will keep the intruders busy while <Character> makes their way inside...

Done, thanks. [Niki]

< Message edited by NikisArmy -- 12/15/2011 5:22:57 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 470
12/14/2011 22:20:06   
  Stephen Nix
Penguin Lore Keeper (DF)

Frostval Past, Frostval Future, Frostval Present

Each need one small correction, after the word None, remove the period, and with Frostval Future, can the ??? also have the same color as it does throughout the entry?

Done, thanks. [Niki]

< Message edited by NikisArmy -- 12/15/2011 5:27:17 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 471
12/15/2011 8:35:14   
Voodoo Master

On the Ultimate Orb saga, it was confirmed by the staff that the evil cloaked figure was him. So he should be called "Mysterious Stranger" on each of the saga's quests. Here is his corrected text for the relevant quests:

An Unlikely Duo

Mysterious Stranger: Finally! It took you long enough.

Mysterious Stranger: I've been infiltrating this world since the elements first formed it.
Mysterious Stranger: Since they first polluted the perfect darkness that existed before.
Mysterious Stranger: Now, thanks to you two, I can finally restore it.

Mysterious Stranger: There are two ways a creature of pure darkness can survive in this... polluted world.
Mysterious Stranger: They can bind themselves to an object... a weapon... or, through pure will and patience, gather in the shadows and slowly accrete.
Mysterious Stranger: The second provides more... raw power. More freedom to move. More time to think. And plan.
Mysterious Stranger: Unfortunately, it almost comes with a price. A vulnerability to the other elements, Light especially.
Mysterious Stranger: A vulnerability that didn't allow me to gather the orbs myself.
Mysterious Stranger: You two took care of that for me though, with very little prompting.
Mysterious Stranger: You created the Ultimate Orb and then, our little princeling here...
Mysterious Stranger: ...combined a heart full of malice and revenge with the Orb and your dracolich and created the most powerful weapon this world has ever seen!
Mysterious Stranger: The ultimate darkness dragon!
Mysterious Stranger: Hahaha, a dragon so powerful you have to team up with your greatest enemy to kill him...
Mysterious Stranger: And now...
Mysterious Stranger: Now I have a weapon worthy to bind myself to!

Mysterious Stranger: You were a puppet.

Mysterious Stranger: Run, <Character>, run and watch as I destroy this world.
Mysterious Stranger: As I rid it of the pollution of Light!

The Growing Darkness

Mysterious Stranger: I will drown this world in darkness!
Mysterious Stranger: Come to me now... every being of darkness that has been hiding in the shadows...
Mysterious Stranger: Join with me and we will grow...

Eclipse

Mysterious Stranger: You cannot stop the darkness, insects. I grow with every shadow!

Mysterious Stranger: HAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Full Darkness / Extreme Full Darkness

Mysterious Stranger: HAAAAHAAAHA!!

Mysterious Stranger: You cannot defeat me. The darkness surrounds me, foolish mortal.

Mysterious Stranger: It makes me stronger! Stronger than you can comprehend!

Mysterious Stranger: I have eaten the sun and continue to grow! You remain nothing. Nothing but a plaything for me!
Mysterious Stranger: Soon I will even block out the stars.

Mysterious Stranger: Darkness devours all.
Mysterious Stranger: My power surpasses that of Voidstar!

Mysterious Stranger: Not even the avatars could stop me!

Mysterious Stranger: What have you done? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 472
12/15/2011 15:51:37   
  Stephen Nix
Penguin Lore Keeper (DF)

Ok my opinion on color....I say we leave it, see when picking a color for someone we try to pick a color that isn't used very often, but most importantly we try to match a certain color with what they are wearing! See example of Gal, he has a red dragonblade, and a red cape....so why are we all the sudden making his color go blue?

This is something I know getting all the right color needs to be taken into consideration, and I hope people aren't making entries with any color they choose....because that's not how we do those entries. We try to grab colors specifically that match them such as hair color, outfit and weapon. (At least that's what I do!)

I see there are some entries where Galanoth and Xan and Sepulchure just so happened to be all in the same location quest, but how about for THAT entry instead, we use different colors such as a blue or perhaps even a grey to match his armor. It's just a waste of time going through all entries previous where we changed that color to red, to now asking Niki to make it Blue. Please consider the effort needed there, and keep up the great work!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 473
12/15/2011 23:56:35   
  Peachii
Clairvoyant!

To explain why at the time, during Friday the 13th I choose to place Galanoth's color as Blue.

I do agree that as long as it's readable whichever colors applied doesn't matter (in particular to locations & quests entries) but for the NPC entries the colors could be applied the same for all dialogs.

--

On the 9th day before Frostval those pesky moglins gave to me, Maya NPC Rewrite with new image

I didn't place the sub-headings for the Quests given (Frostval 06/07/08) as the quest The Cave of Glaisaurus are found in both Frostval 2006 Act 1, Act 2, and Frostval 2007 Act 3 - and I didn't want to duplicate both years. However I will leave a line in between the years' quests.

Also Frostval 2010 is missing the "Talk" dialog for Act 13.

Maya NPC rewrite:

Maya

Location: Oaklore Keep, Frostval 2006, Frostval 2007, Chilly's Secret, Frostval 2008, Prologue, Cookies!, NoX-Mas, You Never Asked, Frostval 2009, There's Something About Twilly..., In the Mountains...., Frostval 2010

Quests given
A Frostvale Tale
Icemaster Yeti's Cave
The Cave of Glaisaurus

Frostval War 2007
Return to the Yeti Cave!
The Frost Cave

Prologue
I Know What You Did Last Frostval
Slay Bells Ring
Holiday Visit
Cookies!
NoX-Mas
You Never Asked

Shops owned
Book Return
Defender's Medal Shop
Frost Moglin helms
Frostval 2009 Presents

Dialogue
Oaklore Keep

Maya: Welcome to Oaklore Keep! I am the Loremaster here. How can I help you?

• Talk
    Maya: Do you like books? I love them! Especially rare ones. If you find rare books, please bring them to me.
    Maya: As the keep's Loremaster it is my duty to record the deeds of the knights and research the local history and folktales of Oaklore.
    Maya: That means that I have to interview people and visit local places, but most of my research comes from these wonderful books!
    Maya: Some rare books contain legends, stories and secrets. Other tomes contain the works of great thinkers, inventors and mages.
    Maya: Depending on the books you find, I will reward you with different rare items. Hopefully they will help you in your future adventures.
    Maya: Perhaps we can have an adventure together! Although I an much better with a book than a sword.

• Quests
    Maya: Captain Rolith and many of his knights in this keep could use a hand. If you walk up and talk to them they will give you quests.

• Set Home Town
    Maya: Would you like to make Oaklore Keep your Home Town?

• Book Delivery
    Maya: Oh! Have you found some books? Perhaps an ancient tome? Maybe you've a history scroll?

Frostval Storybook

Maya: <Character>, it is so exciting to see you again!

Frostval 2006

A Frostval Tale, Act 1

Maya: Thank goodness you are here! Ice Master Yeti kidnapped every moglin in Frostvale. Everyone is fighting now to get them back!

• Talk
    Maya: The moglin behind me is Blizzy. He ran all the way to Oaklore to ask for help. His son was taken prisoner by Ice Master Yeti as well.
    Maya: When I told King Alteon about the problem here, he personally sent letters to the greatest heroes in the land asking for help.
    Maya: King Alteon has a kind heart, but had to reassign me to be the official Loremaster for this incident is very strange.
    Maya: I have a feeling something bigger is about to take place.
    Maya: The other adventurers have all moved onto the offensive. Help them battle their way through Ice Master Yeti's minions and rescue the moglins!

A Frostval Tale, Act 2

Maya: You have saved Frostvale! All of the moglins are back in town.

• Talk
    Maya: King Alteon is waiting for you over by the moglin fire pit. He came to thank you personally for a job well done.
    Maya: Wow! A whole holiday in honor of your great deed! I've never met anyone with their own holiday before.
    Maya: Happy Frostval!

Frostval 2007

Out in the Cold, Act 3

Maya: It's very good to see you again <Character>... especially with everything that is going on!

• Talk
    Maya: King Alteon had sent me here to record the celebration, and I was able to call some of the heroes for help.
    Maya: I'm not so sure, Blizzy. Icemaster Yeti hasn't been seen for more than a year... he might want revenge, but this feels different somehow.
    Maya: Then that is the only lead that we have. We have to find out why the monsters are attacking Frostvale, and stop them!
    Maya: <Character>, it's up to you and the other adventurers to protect Frostvale.
    Maya: You must push the monsters back to the yeti's cave and find out what is going on there, otherwise Frostval will be ruined!

Chilly's Secret

Maya: ... And so, Chilly calls the town together for a town meeting...
    Maya: ... Icemaster Yeti crawled from the tiny door, and the entire village began to panic.
    Maya: Papa Moglin and <Character> were able to quickly calm them all down, and the village listened as Icemaster Yeti told his tale...
    Maya: ... But the rest of the moglins of Frostvale were not as quick to forgive as Chilly seemed to be...

Out in the Cold, Act 4

Maya: I can't believe it! You've saved Frostvale again! Thank you!

• Talk
    Maya: Once the town heard how Icemaster Yeti showed up to help you stop Xanta Claus...
    Maya: ... Even after being kicked out of the village, it made everyone think twice about him.
    Maya: Oh! <Character>, you Blizzy and Chilly have to hurry! There is something that you should see over at the Frostval Fire, to the left!

Frostval 2008

Prologue

Maya: <Character> and Chilly checked every nook and cranny of Frostvale, but it was the same everywhere...
    Maya: ...Every single living person in the town had been transformed into coal.
    Maya: Chilly explained that there was an anti-magic barrier around the workshop for the town's protection.
    Maya: <Character> guessed that the barrier had protected them from whatever wicked spell had changed the rest of the town...
    Maya: ...But with no clues as to what or who has cast the spell, Chilly began to despair...

Slay Bells Ring

Maya: You need to find the hidden Slay Bell for Chilly to activate the armor for you.

Cookies!

Maya: She would only help you find Noxus if you did a favor for her.

Maya: Once <Character> and Chilly found out that Noxus, former lord of the Necropolis, was responsible for the trouble in Forstvale...
    Maya: ...They began trying to find him. Noone had seen him since he was removed from his seat as the dean of Necromancy U.
    Maya: But with no other leads, <Character> set out for the Necropolis to see if he had left any clues or a forwarding address.
    Maya: Once she arrived, the hero had no choice but to ask for help from the new master of the Necropolis.... Sally.

NoX-Mas

Maya: He revealed his plans to steal moglin magic for himself.

Maya: <Character> had defeated the 2 Ninja Turtledoves hired by Noxus, who floated in a corner of the cave silently.
    Maya: <Character> was ready to force Noxus to free the Frostvale captives...
    Maya: ...But first the fireplace designed to capture moglin magic has to be destroyed.
    Maya: <Character> set about destroying the evil device whle Noxus watched with the slighest of smiles on his twisted face...
    Maya: ...It seems that the necromancer had prepared for this...

You Never Asked

Maya: It details how you found a way to have us all returned to normal. If not for you, we would be stuck as coal... or worse.

Maya: <Character> returned to Frostvale with a heavy heart. Chilly ran to meet the hero at the village entrance.
    Maya: When Chilly saw the look on the hero's face, the young moglin knew that the news was bad.
    Maya: He listened raptly to the tale of how Noxus has tricked the hero into destroying Life Essence.
    Maya: <Character> assured Chilly that they would continue searching for a cure...
    Maya: ...But Chilly had begun to lose hope...

Maya: Oh my, I feel funny.

Lumps of Coal, Act 6

Maya: Once again, you've saved all of Frostvale, <Character>! Even me! Thank you!

• To Quests!
    Maya: I have recorded all of your great deeds for King Alteon!

• Talk
    Maya: Not so fast, Blizzy. Chilly played a very large role in saving town this year too. We all owe him out thanks as well!

Frostval 2009

There's Something About Twilly...

Maya: The hero knew that if one moglin was missing, especially at this time of year, more were probably in peril.

Maya: Frostvale had been over-run with monsters! Some of the monsters seemed to be unstable though.
    Maya: Golem pieces were scattered all over the village.

In the Mountains...

Maya: And so, Zadd began working on ways to extract power from the snuggly moglins.

Maya: It wasn't going so well.. But Zadd was determined to make this work.

Maya: Zadd tried and tried, but to no avail. It seemed impossible to properly extract power from the moglins.
    Maya: Finally, Zadd was on to something...
    Maya: Zadd's machine worked, and the energy was transferred to his golems.
    Maya: The situation looked dire...

Frosty Reception, Act 9

Maya: Once again, you've saved all of Frostvale, <Character>! Thank you so much!

• To Quests!
    Maya: I have recorded all of your great deeds for King Alteon!

• Talk
    Maya: Their magic is so powerful; for it to fall into the hands of a villain...

Frostval 2010

Frostval Fallout, Act 13

Maya: Once again, you've saved all of Frostvale, <Character>! Thank you so much!
    Maya: Luckily, the misfit toys made in the factory were taken care of in the blast.

Alternative Image
    Image during Frostval
    Image as Statue during Frostval

Done, thanks. [Niki]

< Message edited by NikisArmy -- 12/16/2011 10:25:01 >
  • DF AQW  Post #: 474
    12/17/2011 2:33:58   
    Voodoo Master

Warlic and Brump both need The Wizards Apprentices on their locations list and its text:

For Brump:

Brump: ...
    Brump: What, exactly, is going on here!

For Warlic:

Warlic: Welcome. I am the great and powerful Warlic. Can I ask what your name is?

Warlic: Not yet, but he should be here shortly.
    Warlic: I just finished gathering reagents.

Warlic: Hmph.

Warlic: So... what are you reading?

Warlic: This is Swordhaven though!
    Warlic: You're sitting in one of the most complete magical libraries in all of Lore! I can get whatever you might need.

Also, this sentence of Brump-

Brump: Alexander, where have you been?

is not the pre-quest dialogue of Reagent Race only but of all the quests. So I think it better be placed under a separate "Swordhaven Past" title.

Done (some before reading this), thanks. [Niki]

< Message edited by NikisArmy -- 12/17/2011 9:40:49 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 475
    Page:   <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Info Submission >> RE: NPCs
    Page 19 of 27«<1718192021>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition