Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Who's Afraid of the Big, Bad, Gnome?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Who's Afraid of the Big, Bad, Gnome?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/20/2009 11:49:01   
ArchMagus Orodalf

Who's Afraid of the Big, Bad, Gnome?

Other name: Balthar

Location: Assault on Popsprocket -> Yix -> Boss Battle and Cutscenes! -> Balthar!
Level/Quest/Items required: 5 Gears of War in your inventory
Release Date: June 19th, 2009

Objective: Not you!
Objective completed: I could have SWORN he was the bad guy!

Scaled Yes/No: No
Experience rewarded: 0
Gold rewarded: 0

Monsters
None

NPCs
Balthar
Doom Blade
General Sneevord
Sepulchure
Yix

Rewards
None

Dialogue
After a few minutes of listening to directions and a few hours of crawling through dark, dusty, spyder-infested ventilation tubes...

You come out into a... closet?!

*crash*

<Character> (thinking): OW, that HURT! ... Hmm. This must be the doorknob. I hope.

*rattle rattle*

*click*

???: A little help here, please?
Balthar: Hey... THANKS!
Balthar: No really, they didn't even have a toi- er, let's just say, thanks for opening the door.
<Character>: Are you alright?! Yix didn't tell me any of the gnomes had been captured!
<Character>: How did you get here? How long have you been here?
???: I wasn't here at first, I was in my lab with my experiments. Then things started to go VERY wrong.
<Character>: What happened?!
???: My experiments started waking up! And then, well, they kind of started taking over. And started with me.
<Character>: Wait. Are you saying you're... BALTHAR?
Balthar: *chuckle* That's me!
<Character> : But you're the BAD guy!
Balthar: Oh, no. No no no. Not bad! Just... curious.
Balthar: You see, I'd been mapping the lower levels of Popsprocket when I found this glowing orb buried in the rubble of an old building.
<Character>: The Energy Orb!
Balthar: Exactly. But I didn't know that yet. So I took it back to my lab (two turns to the left and up a level, past the Doo-hickey Demolisher).
Balthar: I started doing- well, nevermind the details, they're very technical. Lets just say once I was done, my inanimate Cyklons were ALIVE!
<Character>: You put the widget in the gadget and the sprocket in the sproinger?
Balthar: Something like that. Anyways... once the energy from the Orb had saturated the metal, they were alive.
Balthar: And FAR stronger than I was! But... they couldn't use the orb themselves! So they put this Movement Incapacitor v3.14 on me.
<Character>: To force you to make more of them?
Balthar: Exactly.
<Character>: And you still have the Orb?
Balthar: I do! It's hidden in a hole back in my cell. The cyklons all rushed off a bit ago to fight the togriders and left me with it.
<Character>: I think Yix needs to hear all this.

Balthar: ... And so that's how I got the Energy Orb and the Cyklons took over.
General Sneevord: Curiousity kill cats. Curiousity make cyklons killing machines.
Yix: I'm glad to know you didn't intend this, Mechagius. We hated thinking you'd turned your back on us.
General Sneevord: So what we do now?
<Character>: The Cyklons have been recycled. The Undead are re-dead. Now we need to hammer the dents out of the city's buildings.
<Character>: Yix, you and the rest of the Gnomes should keep the Energy Orb. You can study it and care for it.
<Character>: Maybe Balthar can even find a way to harness its energy and create GOOD cyklons.
Balthar: While I was in my cell, I thought of multiple ways I could have prevented this.
Balthar: I REALLY didn't mean to have this happen. Or become a prisoner. That cell was small. And dark. And wet.
<Character>: What do you say, Yix? Will you keep the Orb safe for me?
Yix: We would be honored. And just think of all the useful things it can help us do!
<Character>: Excellent. Then General Sneevord and I will go pour water on all the sparking Cyklon-parts to make sure they can't rise again.
General Sneevord: We make done war! REAL good!
<Character>: That was the plan!

Sepulchure: That orb was supposed to be MINE!
Doom Blade: Your minions? Dead undead. No using them again now. And the Master is displeased.
Doom Blade: He... wishes you to come see him. He would like to speak with you.
Sepulchure: But <Character> is RIGHT. THERE!
Doom Blade: Now.
Sepulchure: *rage*
Yix: Uh oh. That's-
<Character>: What do you mean "Uh oh"?
Yix: I- I've never seen it say THIS before!
<Character>: Uh oh.

• Complete Quest

Thanks to
  • Voodoo Master for coloring.
  • Genk82, Peachii, Sagrym, and Sasuke Uchiha for corrections.

< Message edited by Jay -- 8/25/2019 5:59:39 >
  • AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Who's Afraid of the Big, Bad, Gnome?
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition