Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AK= The Ultimate Nostalgia thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AK= The Ultimate Nostalgia thread
Page 2 of 24«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/24/2009 13:37:14   
SLC
Helpful

Some good memories I had:

The fight against the Carnax head thing, where I froze it and did CFTFD on it and did I believe around 6 billion damage...

When everyone was freaked out because Golden Set was going rare...

When most spells were around 120 MP and the strongest spells (like Earth Fury) were 175 MP...

When Necromancer class came out... Undead Giant did 100+ damage and I went OMG! Then Undead Mutant did 500+ damage and I went OMG! again... and Lich Form made me flip out :P

Saving up to buy the Canine Warrior, the most offensive armor at that time (with Golden as most defensive)...

Level cap was 100 I think (not too sure on this one)

Wondering at how that sword was so powerful (think it was Aqua Striker or something)

When Alphanar came out...

When Devourer Saga was only halfway or so, so much speculation on what it was going to end like...

Man, so many good memories.
AQ DF  Post #: 26
7/24/2009 14:28:49   
Selene

I recall comparing the Devourer saga to the Never Ending Story (the movie) in which they had to fight The Nothing... back then The Devourer was like the nothing, but a bit different, but with the same purpose: Uncreate a world.

Mid 2007 was that I recall.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 27
7/24/2009 14:32:11   
wiseman111

when all weps in rares didnt matter and easily sellable now u cant do that i miss my bunnie jammies
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
7/24/2009 14:56:20   
UltimateSpetnaz

I remember all the times I had to face off against Zorbak in Frostvale 2007. He was such a pain....I miss fighting him now....

The answer to our problems lies in banana pudding.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 29
7/24/2009 20:34:24   
137ben

I liked predicting what was going to happen next in the devourer saga, at first I thought the devourer would be level 1000.
AQ  Post #: 30
7/25/2009 5:34:31   
etalihinna

'05 here. Just started back up since I work a boring job and have internet access throughout my shifts.

It's cool that a few people I remember are still here, especially Rev...I hope you're still making art, and haven't let that insane talent of yours go into hibernation.
AQ  Post #: 31
7/28/2009 19:08:23   
deathstar333

Anyone else remember The Vault?
I was so disturbed by it I just stared at the screen for a minute then I went onto the Speculation and Theory forum and just read everything xD
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 32
7/29/2009 12:11:44   
etalihinna

When did the Vault happen? I was gone for two and a half years, I probably missed a...lot.

My favorite event is still the Carnax Saga, it was nice seeing that little red bar get higher and higher, and I always thought Carnax looked a little more than ridiculous in the Guardian Tower portal encounter, so the art improvement was a nice new thing that they seem to be keeping up with.
AQ  Post #: 33
8/4/2009 21:42:47   
deathstar333

The Vault was noticed a little bit after the Isle D'Oriens was released because someone clicked a lamp and enyered a secret room and.. aww, it's complicated. Try it yourself. Go to Isle D'Oriens, go to the library, click one of the lamps on the right (I forgot which one >.<) and you'll go to this strange room where you see The Eternal. Open the door and experience the terrifying cutscene - but imagine first waiting for weeks waiting for the blinking red lights to allign.. It's hard to explain. Go to the Speculation and Theory forum and have a look around, they'll probably explain it better there.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 34
8/4/2009 22:18:08   
ChrisX

Remember when AQ first came out?
So many bad graphics. I wasn't there, but ppl have screen shots.
Hey, maybe should have like a "bad graphic" day, like battleon and all its NPC's turned to their Old selves.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
8/4/2009 22:19:40   
nosey123
Friendly!

Hehe, i do remember the graphics back then.

Still, going into drakonnan's fortress despite the graphics was win.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 36
8/4/2009 22:27:28   
ChrisX

Yea, it looked like a game that wouldn't last a couple months, let alone a year.
NOW look at it!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
8/5/2009 16:56:01   
Storm_Of_Darkness

I started playing when the sinister seven war started. Man, I couldn't even beat one monster, or had any idea how the war system works. That was a long time ago.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 38
8/5/2009 19:57:52   
137ben

I liked the old graphics..:(
AQ  Post #: 39
8/5/2009 22:39:42   
Selene

I recall the Bludrut Keep dungeon... playing that at level 10... farming those undead on the first floor, and then getting owned by the Groglurk on the 2nd floor... good old days
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 40
8/8/2009 19:35:26   
Shadow of Nightmare

I miss the old versions of FrostElf Attack, Darksplatter and Supernova ...

I miss the old-good Nightmare Plate

I miss the old graphic of BoA and Guardian Plate...

I also miss the old Riiiiptide...

But...the biggest hit for me ....was....when my beloved BIG 100k's graphic was changed . (I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!) Omg...I was so upset, no, really...the now-days graphic of BIG 100k is Ugly!

And I miss ALL old graphics !

It seems that I miss a lot OLD-GOOD things *Big Sigh*

~Shadow of Nightmare

< Message edited by Shadow of Nightmare -- 8/8/2009 19:42:30 >

Post #: 41
8/9/2009 9:35:23   
Willkill12

quote:

But...the biggest hit for me ....was....when my beloved BIG 100k's graphic was changed . (I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!) Omg...I was so upset, no, really...the now-days graphic of BIG 100k is Ugly!

I second that. I loved old Big 100K's candly like graphics. Now it looks like a painted hunk of wood!

The biggest set back for me was when they brought golden back. when when level 130s would sit in lvl 60 Gilded plate all day? Spamming 175MP siper spells! We all looked forward for the return of golden... And then when it came... I was like 'OH NOES!' What have they done? I sold all my uber and S-Shields and bought shadow in stead as an act of defiance. Took me a year to come to terms with it...

Oh! And remember gold boost day! :D Loved that day!!!;)

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 42
8/9/2009 12:15:48   
137ben

I third that. They should give us an option to switch back to old graphics.
AQ  Post #: 43
8/9/2009 13:53:29   
Ubear

Yeah, it would be great to switch back to old graphics.
AQ Epic  Post #: 44
8/11/2009 4:36:37   
Elosix the Grimjaw

I remember time when there used to monsters with over -/+200 modifers, like 350% in ice, etc. :O.....
AQ  Post #: 45
8/11/2009 16:43:44   
Ubear

@Elosix: I remember when Ambush has -1000% to water. There was just no point in that defence. ;)
AQ Epic  Post #: 46
8/11/2009 17:35:43   
Underclass Hero

I remember that good old Riiiptide, with +50BtH
AQ DF  Post #: 47
8/11/2009 23:46:03   
jayembee

i miss being a level 75 when i was a hybrid with necromancer stuff LOL. Was so much fun...now all i can do is farm farm farm :\

is it crazy to say that i sorta miss the server cap? :o

< Message edited by jayembee -- 8/12/2009 14:48:54 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 48
8/12/2009 17:41:24   
Thonyfst

Yes. Yes it is.

I remember when the Devourer Saga was just Epic Quest. The good old days.
DF  Post #: 49
8/12/2009 20:04:32   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

quote:

Saving up to buy the Canine Warrior,

My third character just bought that :D love it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AK= The Ultimate Nostalgia thread
Page 2 of 24«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition