Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AK= The Ultimate Nostalgia thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AK= The Ultimate Nostalgia thread
Page 4 of 24«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/18/2009 17:11:37   
137ben

I third old graphics! I think they look better and don't make my computer lag!

I would have liked to go back to get ice dragon blade (I thought I didn't need it, and my character was a hybrid then:O)
AQ  Post #: 76
9/19/2009 7:47:14   
Travis Touchdown
Reality Touchdown!

I remember the Feb. 2007 Drakel War. 6 million enemies. And yet we managed to end it in roughly a week, without Portals or post-Sweep Dragon Slayer or even Drakelbane. We had a vicious boss fight in the Drakel MegaFreak (which eventually got nerfed), which I managed to beat while it was in its original form. The days of the Guitar Axe and UNDER Gun, the latter of which I treasure as one of the best rares ever.

Yet nowadays we struggle to take down even a few hundred thousands enemies within a week. A 2 million war, split between the forces of two games, takes us over 2 weeks.

I remember pre-Guardian Gatta Island (it was open for a week, then became Guardian only). What a gauntlet it was for a lower level, and it brought me one of my favourite pets of all time, the Light Gatta.

I remember the contraversy of Frostval '06 (many people bought Misc. slots for the Fragments, which then all merged into one item after the third last war, from what I understand), which to this day is my favourite holiday event in this game of all time. I couldn't get past any boss but the first one. >_> I still hold an Ice Orb Fragment 1.

Frostval '07 was amazing, too, and I wish I was on the forums at the time because from what I hear from my little brother who was on the forums during that event (Paladin Dracomancer), the community was banded so tightly in the cold winter days, the wars passing so slowly, yet no one seemed to mind. It makes me wonder if I'll witness a similar bonding when this Frostval comes around.

< Message edited by Travis Touchdown -- 9/19/2009 7:50:20 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 77
9/19/2009 12:22:57   
Shirefolk

ahhhhh Frostval '07. That was a legendary time. There was enough spam to feed an army, and such a tightly bound community it was like we were stitched together with crazy glue :) And the rewards were also incredible if I remember rightly. The giftboxes opened to reveal the Beebee gun, the Frozen Flagpole and its magic counterpart. There was also the hubcap shield, the bunny jammies, the bar of soap and the pet which I don't remember >.> Those days are like the smoke in the wind; you admire its beauty, but it is nigh on impossible to duplicate. Many of the forumites who were here for those days have moved on or simply faded out. No, I don't think we will ever see a Frostval as heart-warming as that one.
AQ  Post #: 78
9/19/2009 12:31:50   
Underclass Hero

I remember that Frostval too :)

It's my best memory of this game I have to say, super fast Frostval-threads, Epic rewards, just an epic atmosphere

And all those crazy 2mill-wars too ^^ Ah, nostalgia is overtaking me :p
AQ DF  Post #: 79
9/19/2009 14:40:48   
Toku

I Fourth/Fifth/Whatever A toggle-able Graphics Time machine thing :D
I agree the old Graphics are awesome and Nostalgic but I don't
think you can HONESTLY say that they are of better quality than the newer ones.
They are Fantastic!
AQ DF  Post #: 80
9/19/2009 15:58:46   
dragonsword87

I miss when nemesis used to be called nightmare, and the golden, reign, and nightmare used to be the only uber sets.
Post #: 81
9/19/2009 16:46:14   
Toku

^^^^You Obviously weren't around for that long :P
Golden and Nightmare used to be the only ubers
But I think Golden was first
AQ DF  Post #: 82
9/19/2009 21:09:04   
paladin37

quote:

and the golden, reign, and nightmare used to be the only uber sets.

Shadow and Reign came out at the same time..

quote:

But I think Golden was first

Yeah golden was first.

I remember when I first saw the Golden Set and thought that it was there just to taunt you.
AQ  Post #: 83
9/19/2009 21:44:19   
Shirefolk

*gets overwhelmed with nostalgia*
"Oh man you guys, this war is so awesome, we're all just chilling and fighting like crazy and all drinking cookie cocoa and candy canes and cookies :D :D I wonder what the rewards will be? Maybe some crazy awesome new uber set :O That would rock so much :P"

*recovers*
Ahhh, those were the days ^_^;
AQ  Post #: 84
9/20/2009 6:27:13   
Toku

OMG I sooo remember Cookie Cocoa!
I only just joined the forums but I have been wanering for 4 years now :D
My fave topics were always the Frostval ones!
We always go back to the same traditions :D
AQ DF  Post #: 85
10/2/2009 5:59:50   
Alamo

I miss the graphics of the steel plate. I also miss the old version of Darksplatter, it was the best Darkness spell during that time.
AQ Epic  Post #: 86
10/7/2009 19:25:00   
Panacre

I remember the Fight for the Future war. That was great, and I loved the Carnax cutscene with the futuristic city.
I still have my 1000 Z-Token Darksplatter - works great, and I could use the other 10K Z-tokens to buy Dragonhand Z.
I remember when I got the Ice Orb Essence and thought it was useless. And then I sold it for 21K gold later, and now I regret it.
I remember when Battleon still had old graphics.
I remember when we all found out that Twig was the Devourer. Woohoo.
AQ DF  Post #: 87
10/8/2009 13:03:52   
Marrin

Uber's? Carnax? Riiptide and z tokens? A veteran speaks not of these things...
Vamp Form we speak of... and the temporary werewolf form being one of the most powerful offensive armors you could get.

I speak of my long lost wartexx, traded in for a vamp blade so that I may heal. My vampire form, the old armor that later became a donation, and which i foolishly sold. Where potions made you look funny.

I speak of giggly juice in the frogzard quest, and when the guardian blade out performed most weapons you could BUY. When the vorpal blade was an incredible weapon worth saving for, and when bloodrut keep was worth farming.

The frogzard man had a bulge in his pants, and aria's ropes... well, aria didnt even HAVE ropes. We had a pet rock though! And animal crates that would give us the only pets in the game... ah, the platypus and nimbus were something then.

Akriloth was impossible, and the martial artist form was a strong offensive armor. The big 100k went out... then players started hitting 100. Vorpalzard was a challenge, the seed spitter quest was something new. The gemblade and icerazor were good weapons.

One day, the storm sword stopped being the best wind weapon, classes started coming out, ubers were now common, and everyone who was anyone was over level seventy. The guardian tower was upgraded, steeds were awesome, and provided good defenses. S-shields were barely out...

Ah, the good days. when a good earth defense was a bright pink hippy armor and a spinny green shield....
AQ MQ  Post #: 88
10/25/2009 16:28:13   
pApA^LeGBa

omg i come back here after nearly a year and what do i see?

cookie cacoa man that was some fun.

also i miss gilgamesh (or is he back in game meanwhile? that would be ubercool)

and browsing the forums i miss angelique and zaky (was it zaky? i think so, shirefolk should know who i am talking about. (hi there, btw))

AQ  Post #: 89
10/26/2009 17:49:49   
drago774
Banned

i remember frostval 07 it was epic
MQ  Post #: 90
10/27/2009 18:51:23   
baston

Remember good all days, back in 2006-2007, when the Lore was building and it was much more interesting to paly and to wait for new features.
Most of all miss The Vampire Clan that was closed by mods, for me that meaned the end of AQ((

< Message edited by baston -- 10/27/2009 18:59:31 >

AQ  Post #: 91
10/27/2009 20:23:14   
Somewhat of a Goon
Banned

I miss when the SPELLS cost LESS MANA
AQ  Post #: 92
10/29/2009 0:00:19   
nosey123
Friendly!

^ i remember when spells were useless. XD

Also, when good spells finally came out, solar incinerator (love it's animation), aqua purge (drown the monster!) and purity portal (...shocking :D). Those were the first few good spells i remember.

Also, saw the pedia entry of the Lizard Wizard, hehe, that was a goal i had tried and achieved many years back.

Still ashamed i didn't get the black wartexx when it was in the other window yulgar's shop.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 93
10/29/2009 0:31:45   
Mystical Warrior
Helpful!

i missed the times where frostval gifts were also available to adventurers...*sigh*
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 94
10/29/2009 6:15:42   
pApA^LeGBa

sorry for asking a question here, but no gifts at all for adventurers? no frostvalitems for them at all?
AQ  Post #: 95
10/29/2009 6:18:48   
Mystical Warrior
Helpful!

@papa legba well the adventurers can get the rewards from frostval delivery and wars...but guardians can also get that...last year adventurers didn't get a chance to get gift boxes
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 96
10/29/2009 8:03:49   
Wxo

i dont even know what any of thse are. im guessing i miss them tho O.o
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 97
11/3/2009 9:27:02   
Elosix the Grimjaw

I remember the days when I used to farm in "Safirias plea" -quest... I rely got great gold from it when I was L60-70 :)
AQ  Post #: 98
11/3/2009 10:04:10   
SpaceFlare

I miss Frostval 06.. Man, that was my favorite quest from back then. I still have some of my items from back then..

The Drakel War in early 2007 was also great. That was one of my best farming wars ever.. and I remember how quickly the meter got filled up that at some point, the meter stopped progressing just because all the players doing the war had killed too many monsters already.

Good times, good times.
AQ  Post #: 99
11/5/2009 15:57:12   
alvinxie

I hate myself for wasting refund moola
and I missed the calladus blades because that was right when I first joined.
AQ DF  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AK= The Ultimate Nostalgia thread
Page 4 of 24«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition