Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =WF= Gameplay Feedback Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= Gameplay Feedback Thread
Page 10 of 11«<7891011>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/11/2009 17:26:40   
Demiurge

Just wanted to chime in and say WarpForce is a bucketload of fun to play! I'm glad I checked it out and gave it a chance. I tried AdventureQuest, but it just didn't do much for me, but this game is a lot more to my liking. Thanks much! :)
Post #: 226
10/13/2009 11:33:45   
Ranloth
Banned

I hope WF will have updates more often (maybe each 2-3 weeks) but that'd weaken AQ releases by a lot :O
We need to find a way to not weaken AQ releases and make WF releases more often.. And when WF will be "normal" game like kinda AQ, will Lvl cap still be higher for WGs or will it be same for non-WGs and WGs?

AQ Epic  Post #: 227
10/13/2009 18:29:29   
moneybags
More than a Game

The monthly WF release is exactly like a release every week, its just that they're all put into one release so it happens once a month. If you feel that you can finish the release in a short amount of time, you can do a quest one week at a time (therefore making it like its a release per week :)). The reason why its made once a month is so the releases are better and more ironed ;).

~moneybags
Epic  Post #: 228
10/20/2009 21:37:56   
Voigan

I think Warpforce is great. Nice cutscenes,lots of music (I really like Temura's song), no server caps, and a great story. One (small) problem I have with WF are that free players are stuck with their (crummy) default weapon. I understand that getting a better default weapon is one of the perks of upgrading but isn't being forced to keep a weapon that does 1-10 with 0 BTH a little extreme? It is not bad at lower levels but at higher levels only having access to 7 out of 8 elements is not good. I know there are techs and gauntlets you can use to take the place of the default weapons but techs and guantlets both have a cost (MP or SP) to use. If/when Ballyhoo is released and if we can borrow her ax then it wont be much of a problem.
Edit: Fixed a few typos.

< Message edited by Voigan -- 10/21/2009 8:06:47 >
AQ DF  Post #: 229
10/25/2009 21:38:56   
Argeus the Paladin

My ONLY problem with Warpforce is Leet Stormfront.

Unfortunate Implication galore.
DF  Post #: 230
10/25/2009 23:44:45   
Lord of Nightmares
Some Dreams

Yeah, I really enjoy WF myself despite the negative feedback it's been getting from many longtime AQ players. I feel that the monthly updates have been getting better as they go along, and the storyline's definitely picking up. I guess my only complaint right now is gameplay-related, as I find it odd that my character (who has 120 DEX) seems to miss opponents (in particular Exo Krillscouts, Jerrotos and those green lizard thingies, Scakks or whatever) almost half the time even though their DEX is significantly lower than mine and I'm using Z-Token weapons with 7% BtH. On the other hand, their attacks seem to connect roughly 2/3rds of the time.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 231
10/28/2009 13:39:04   
Festavious

WF rocks!
I was hooked after a couple of battles, just like AQ and soon after upgraded to a guardian.
I love the gauntlets! They lured me in w/ their 3 shots of fury!
I also love the tech/skill option, instead of plain old magic.
The cut scenes are a nice change w/music, but I would like to see a skip option.
The new enemies are refreshing and some familiar ones are cool too.

I'm not sure I like getting my a$$ kicked by something twice my level, but
perhaps it gets better as I level and get some better gear.

I'm looking forward to the new content each month. Like a previous poster, I took
some time off of AQ and found myself lost when I came back.
(houses? who knew??)

Great job to all involved so far!
Thank you!
AQ DF  Post #: 232
10/28/2009 22:17:15   
BlueKatz

I just feel odd that WF don't believe in Magic can travel in space (that why we have Tech). I think magic is the energy created cause by effective of user, it can appear in any form, and even in space it can be beam/ light or move physical by touch (or move on the ground).
I hope we can get some magic around space.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 233
10/28/2009 23:32:44   
Aelthai
Legendary Miss Fixit

Magic can indeed travel through space - but not easily, so most of it stays planet-side.

Indeed, Lorian magic is very strongly attenuated by this effect, which is why we had to turn to technology to reach space.

This doesn't mean we aren't using ANY magic ... simply not nearly as much, because it doesn't work as well and we have had to turn to other alternatives.

Magic isn't created by the user (at least, not primarily); instead, the user accesses the local magic field to power their magic. Magic is *channeled* by the user... which takes energy to manage.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 234
10/29/2009 0:44:42   
BlueKatz

So Lore is the point the magic Focus a lot in a magic line... I wonder is Lorian have the most powerful magic in the space...
I write (some) long story about magic..yes, I'm magic lover. I have to admit that I can't believe that I love WF so much event without magic!
Still... Magic rule!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 235
10/29/2009 13:50:18   
wolfencreek

the worst problem is that guardians cant be wg's for free & the weps are low lvled for free players but wg get the weps suited to there lvls

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 236
10/30/2009 6:46:20   
Ghostclaw

My only hate is that at the moment im against a lvl 25 behemoth at lvl 23
i should not be having my backside kicked coz im using star ninja and im free player
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 237
11/1/2009 14:55:07   
icemaster 77

I think Warpforce is better than AQ because it easy to find quest in WF,music,weapon,cheap z tokens weapon and the quest are great.One thing I would like to suggest is to not increase the lv cap this month.

Go to this link if you want to hear Irish music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CewyTGQR9Pw
MQ AQW  Post #: 238
11/1/2009 21:19:05   
Pure Chaos

I like the game but what i didnt like was that the mogloween event for it was just the reaper 2.0..... Is there going to be a thanksgiving event or frostvale event?
Post #: 239
11/1/2009 21:26:18   
moneybags
More than a Game

As we are not game staff, we do not know such things. Hopefully, there is, or there will at least be some sort of 'themed' item, but then again, we do not know.

~moneybags
Epic  Post #: 240
11/1/2009 21:29:37   
manleyerman9

Wwwwweeeeeeellllllllllll its ookkk but Adventure quest is a lot better i mean it just kinda seems to diffrent but yeah i guese you did an ok job on it but you ll never top the first (unless your talking about aqworlds hehe)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 241
11/2/2009 11:27:52   
afsoc4life

i think content is more important than level raising. Would prefer they worked on content.

What of a gym where you can do mini-games or sports?

Cant wait till we get rooms on board the vessel.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 242
11/3/2009 23:46:37   
rune_boy215

Hello, I do not usually post, seeing I like to read up about others, however I feel I must post this time around...

WarpForce is a great game, first thing I noticed was that the sound effects in cut scenes were not the same as Adventure Quest's random battle effects, that was a + in my opinion.

As I have said WarpForce is a fine game (Even though I think you are milking the rate at which you spit out games) AQ has been my favorite, I played DF, MQ, AQW<--- (Nice job on that I was pleasantly surprised, but still preferred AQ), I loved the simplicity and turn based system of AQ, and this is coming from an expert MMO gamer who still plays AE games (AQ mostly) even though he has a subscription to WoW.

But back on track... I think that the concept of AQ was ruined, and that is not something I liked. The plot came out of thin air, I was distraught over that... and a big thing was the fact that you are creating a whole new era on a game I have played for five years. A lot of active AQ players are going to be switching to Warp Force, and I am not an exception, I just thought that you could have expanded on the game, made ranger a finally viable class, and on top of it all keep the certain style of game that I love.

All in all I do not feel you are expanding on AQ, as much as sweeping the slate and taking out a lot of the old and great features of AQ. As I said, good game, just not what I had hoped.
Post #: 243
11/8/2009 5:31:15   
afsoc4life

I think Stormfront's name shud be changed ... That name is not a good one due to the website that has that name. It can cause complications in future.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 244
11/9/2009 22:58:32   
LordGeneral

Elves need that hooded face that the humans have. PLEASE!!!!!! There's two of the exact same face in the shop so there's a good spot for it... Would fit perfectly with my "Mysterious Elf" image lol.

LordGeneral
AQ  Post #: 245
11/9/2009 23:03:37   
Bu Kek Siansu

Hmm, you meant as mine(click the AQ link)?!

< Message edited by Mysterious Strangeface -- 11/9/2009 23:18:20 >
Post #: 246
11/9/2009 23:05:50   
LordGeneral

Why yes, actually, Stranger. That's where I first saw it. Now I need it lol.
AQ  Post #: 247
11/19/2009 0:27:50   
Raiga

I am officially addicted to WF and my money for the WG upgrade is en route.

I gotta say, I'm really liking the more serious script of the game. It definitely immerses the player a lot better, and it really got me hooked.

My only grip is...training. Strength training is very easy, due to Tronzor's meager 15 mele defense...but Dexterity, those defenses go up to 40 all... Intellect is worse because you're limited to spells...and endurance is REALLY difficult- 55 across the board. I haven't tried luck or charisma, but is it possible that Tronzor could be nerfed a little? I've seriously never had to use potions for training...ever.
DF Epic  Post #: 248
11/21/2009 16:20:04   
SmashBrawlerX2

The basic and recommended cha on many pets in the shops is very helpful, and i cant help but love the music that sends me off on missions. One stat trainer/untrainer instead of 4 makes things seem alot more organized to me, and i like that i can just click to cycle through the virtual reality chamber to the sick bay, etc. The choice of race really adds something knew, even though i decided to stay human

As Adder^ said before, Endurance training is a little daunting, though not impossible even at the lower levels.

Seeing equipment available at 40+ the level cap was a little confusing, but I can see itd be better to have it in now then have to go add it in later

I'm actually liking the level cap being so low right now, it feels like ill get to see the game mature from a 'baby' stage into a game as expansive as AQ itself.

I do wonder greatly about the lack of salvation weapons, wouldn't that have been the most important thing to bring along from LORE? Though, I guess they could have been left out because they would have triggered on just about every enemy

< Message edited by SmashBrawlerX2 -- 11/21/2009 16:23:53 >
AQ  Post #: 249
11/22/2009 21:52:08   
BlueKatz

Haha, I want to thanks staff and Aelthai that fix the BSoD (I have a feeling that's from Blue Screen of Death). Now I can enjoy the game again.
Um... who make that bug at first, I wonder
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 9 [10] 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= Gameplay Feedback Thread
Page 10 of 11«<7891011>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition