Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

[MS Paint] Basics to making a Pokemon sprite

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> [MS Paint] Basics to making a Pokemon sprite
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/27/2009 20:10:32   
ShyTrake

My guide to the basics on swapping parts and recoloring

A beginners first sprite:

A few basic sprites:

A splice:
A devil:
An angel:

How to swap parts

1. Select the "free select tool."
2. Draw around the part you want to take.
3. Select the setting for the free select tool to make it transparent.
4. Make sure your background color is white.
5. Drag and place the part on to the sprite.

How to recolor

1. Select the "eye dropper tool."
2. Eye drop the color you want to change as the forground color. (Left click)
3. Eye drop the color you want to change it to as the background color. (Right click)
4. Select the "eraser tool."
5. Erase around the sprite while right clicking.

How to blend in parts

1. Select the "eraser tool."
2. Erase between the part and base.
3. Select the "line tool."
4. Redraw the parts erased to have it connected to the base.
5. Recolor the parts to match.

Adding creative parts

When you look at a sprite, you don't want to use parts in a dull way. So I have my own personal methods of doing this. Get out your sprite sheet, and start taking parts from pokemon that look odd or different. (E.G. Deoxys's vines) Now Once you have a large pile, select a sprite you want as the base. Erase all around the parts such as arms, legs, headpieces, and such. Then start using parts in creative ways. For example, lets take a look at my Metagron piece. The idea is that you want it hard to guess what parts were put where. I saw a video from a pro making pokemon sprites that had a sprite of Toon Link from one of my old favorite video games. Yup, out of sprites. My brother and I tried to find out how he did it. We were unsuccesful. He even showed the pokemon used at the bottom, but we still couldn't discover most parts. So here I defined pieces that were used in different ways. Okay, so now I've got the parts up. Now you would normally use something like a sharpedo fin for this piece on the back, but instead I used a piece from metang's arm. Would you use Mawile's jaw thingy as a board? Nope. But I know I would. And I did

< Message edited by ShyTrake -- 9/28/2009 20:57:49 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> [MS Paint] Basics to making a Pokemon sprite
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition