Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The STO: Student Teacher Oganization [All TEACHERS must REAPPLY]

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> The STO: Student Teacher Oganization [All TEACHERS must REAPPLY]
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/22/2009 22:18:33   
lguan

Welcome to a fresh new STO thread. Yes, the previous thread has not yet reached 30. But I've created a new one because a fellow forum member has suggested that the STO was too inactive and that the teachers weren't active enough. So to encourage new students to sign up, we need active teachers. PLEASE READ THE NOTE BELOW TO TEACHERS AND STUDENTS. It is extremely important. Hopefully this new thread will give everyone a fresh start and attract all new teachers and new students. It's probably going to be a little confusing right now, but hopefully all of this will get organized. Right now, I'm just trying to get the active teachers to show me they're here. Thanks for your patience! Feel free to post any questions you have.

*Note: All teachers need to reapply!

• The old STO thread was getting a little confusing as to who was active and who was inactive. The form is at the bottom of this page. So to clear up that problem I'm asking that all TEACHERS reapply. Teachers please PM to me the following:
  • Info/application form. If you want to copy, you can, but this is a good time to change things around and edit what you need to easily (update examples, change student limit, etc). You can look in the old thread posted below if you need to --> http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=11160534
    which students are ACTIVE. I will assume that the students that you had before that you did not list is still active is ... inactive. Inactive means that neither of you have contacted each other for STO purposes in a long time.
  • Please title the message "STO TEACHER REAPPLICATION". If you are a new teacher who is applying but not REapplying please title it " NEW STO TEACHER APPLICATION"
    If you do not reapply, you will not be added to the teacher list until you confirm that you are active!

TO STUDENTS: PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR TEACHERS YET. Yes the point of all of this is to encourage new students to sign up, but that would be pointless of none of the teachers reapplied. I will announce when students are allowed to post applications.

Old thread: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=11160534

Welcome To The STO

Monkeyman got the STO now >:D.

What is the STO? The STO (stands for Student Teacher Organization) is a group dedicated to bringing teachers and students togethor.

Do we have forums? Yes. Here is the link.

The Principal

Lguan -- I am here to run and maitain the STO. Any problems? Please come and ask me for help :).

The Co-Head

iChar

The Vice Principals (VP's)

They are generally good at everything, and as such have been recognized by their fellow teachers. (Have Mod Powers on Fourms.)

STO Hall of Fame

Wu218: Founder of the STO
Siris99: 2nd Principal of this Fine School
Teh Shadow: 3rd Principal of the STO
Bramble: 4th Principal of the STO
iChar: 5th Principal of the STO
Wu218: 6th Principal of the STO
Ferfo: 7th Principal of the STO
Lguan: 8th Principal of the STO
Blind: just for being plain sexy

Former VP's (aka prefects) who no longer teach here
The One To Rule
memorex

EVERYONE PLEASE READ!

Note to Students and Applying Student:

• To begin lessons, please pm the teacher you requested ONCE I SAY YOU ARE IN!]
  • You MUST specify a teacher. Saying 'anyone who teaches PS' or 'anyone, u chose for me' will only get your application rejected. Leaving that space blank, does not help me either. I'm not going to waste my time to pick a teacher for you, so please, when you're sending a student application, be sure to include a teacher.
  • If you know a teacher who is inactive, please inform me.
  • Respect your teachers and respect me. We're trying to help you and flaming/spamming and being rude isn't going to help you or anyone for that matter. This isn't school school, but are still required to follow the rules of the forum, and more specifically the rules of the Gallery and the ones for the STO.
  • Some matters are to be posted here, but others are not. If you can PM or email or IM your teacher for something, don't hesitate. This thread is already crowded with enough posts and by talking to your teacher privately, some of that can be reduced.
  • Be patient as students. If your teacher doesn't reply in a day or two, don't start complaining in the thread that your teacher hasn't responded. People have lives, and the best thing to do is to respect that matter of fact and be patient. That goes for if I don't reply to your STO application as a student too.
  • "FULL" obviously indicates that a teacher is full. Don't apply for a teacher that is full -- commen sense ...
  • You can't have two teachers at a time, unless the two subjects are very different, such as Flash and writing poems. You can't have two teachers that teach the same thing, like one teacher teaches Cs3, and the other that teaches Cs3 too.
  • After your student application is accepted, please PM your teacher. You are given two weeks to PM your teacher, or you will be considered inactive and removed from your teacher's student list. All inactive students that have not interacted with their teachers in long periods of time (decided my the teachers) will be removed and will recieve a PM saying that they have been removed due to inactivity. These students may apply again when they're active.

Note to Teachers and Applying Teachers:

• Please PM me your application instead of posting them in this thread! The only exception is if you disabled your PM's.
  • Be sure to supply your application with two or three examples. A student must see your work to be able to know how familiar you are with the program and to trust you know what you're doing and can therefore teach her/him. Please send them in link form too.
  • If you wish to have an emblem or sprite or anything of some sort placed next to you bio, please PM me the link so I may add it.
  • If a student has quit, left the forums, went inactive, or for any reason is no longer your student, and has not said so in this thread, please inform me immediately so that I can take him/her off the list. If your student had been banned, let me know as well.
  • If a student has signed up but has not been interacting or even being a 'student' at all. You have the right to let me know and I will remove them from the list so others (who are actually willing to learn) can.
  • Be patient when you're sending in an application, or even as a teacher. People have lives, and the best thing to do is to respect that matter of fact and be patient. Wait for me to respond to your application through PM.
  • If you do not recieve a PM from a student within two weeks after they have been accepted into the STO as a student, please let me know and they will be removed due to inactivity. Students that are inactive, meaning neither of you have interacted within a long period of time (which you can judge, I'm not going to give you a period of time) should be posted here so that I can remove them as soon as possible.

The Teachers:

*note: student number= max number of students the teacher will teach

iChar FULL
Teaches: Photoshop! But my stuff can be put into GIMP as well. Or any of the others. I teach basics, not the exact stuff, unless you specifically say you want that, then it's Photoshop.
Specialty: Minimalism
Time Zone: Forum
Note: Cookies!
Student number: 2
Students: xRaedqwex, Zyrain
Tutorial: N/A (They're all really old.)
Examples (about two or three in link form please): http://i35.tinypic.com/1z2kgv4.jpg ; http://i38.tinypic.com/f418ck.jpg ; http://i33.tinypic.com/24l5rnt.jpg

H13/Heartless Angel13
Teaches:GIMP
Specialty:Smudging,Brushing,and Filters
Time Zone: Pacific
Note: I don't want any stress at all
Student number: 2-4
Tutorial: Don't have any
Examples (about two or three in link form please):
http://i38.tinypic.com/28buyjc.png
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/8180/flame.jpg
http://i35.tinypic.com/34oplwk.png

//.Shadow.\\
Teaches: Flash, PHP, MYSQL, HTML
Specialty: Flash, PHP, MYSQL, HTML
Time Zone: GMT
Note: Hmmm seems I want to make the STO Active again :)
Student number: 1
Tutorial: Ermmm... http://www.****.co.uk.... can that class!
http://www.****.co.uk

~JW~
Teaches: Flash AS2
Specialty: Flash AS2 (lol)
Time Zone: Pacific
Note: I like teaching through TeamViewer or MSN.
Student number: 1~2
Tutorial:
How to upload a Flash site to webs
How to define variables
Buttons tutorial
Timeline control
Flash tag
Sword
Site, not game

Nexolous
Teaches: Photoshop
Specialty: Sprites, depth
Time Zone: -5 GMT
Note: You can PM me whenever
Student number: 3
Tutorial: Click, Click, Click
Link1, Link2, Link3

Zodiak 15
Teaches: GIMP
Specialty: Im versatile no specialty
Time Zone: EST
Note: Most effective through pm
Student number:2-3
Tutorial: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16897656
http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m418/Zodiak_15/blownup.png
http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m418/Zodiak_15/clouds.png

*Note: All teachers and students need to reapply!

ALSO: ALL TEACHERS NEED TO REGISTER AT THE FORUMS

To Apply As:

A Student:
Name:
Teacher:
Subject:
Hoping to Learn:

*Note: All students must clearly specify a teacher. No 'whoever teaches PS', 'anyone', 'whoever's good', and things like that.*

A Teacher:
Send me a PM with this bio filled out titled 'STO'. Send to iChar only if I say so in the thread.

Teaches:
Specialty:
Time Zone:
Note:
Student number:
Tutorial:

About time zones --
quote:

Quote: Grafh
I have no problems with people saying their time zones (I don't think this breaks rules, but I'm not 100% sure), but if they do not wish to give it out, they should state what time they are around in AE Forum Server time. The server time is eastern standard time, if they google it, I'm sure they can work out their time.

To nominate a teacher to be included in the Teacher Hall of Fame:
Please PM this information!

Name:
Teacher:
Why you are nominating this teacher (please support with detail, and not just one sentence):
How has learning under this teacher made a difference:

pinned by ts1

< Message edited by iChar -- 11/22/2009 15:30:33 >
AQ  Post #: 1
10/28/2009 14:45:41   
EragonZZZZ

He specifically said that all teachers must re-apply. As such, there are no teachers yet.
AQ  Post #: 2
11/4/2009 13:38:28   
Vice

I already sent you my details... Did you forget?
DF MQ  Post #: 3
11/4/2009 13:55:38   
Mustafa

Lucas might not be online. I'm sure he'll get to it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 4
11/4/2009 14:16:53   
Vice

No, I sent him my details just after the new thread was put up. Maybe he was managing his inbox or something.
DF MQ  Post #: 5
11/9/2009 13:21:51   
//.Shadow.\\

This dosent seem to be a hit no more.... What happened here...

~pkr
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
11/9/2009 13:26:46   
Vice

The OLD thread appeared to be a hit, but in the end none of the students used their teacher more than once and a lot of the teachers were inactive... As you can see now lol
DF MQ  Post #: 7
11/10/2009 5:12:28   
nolraitru

I'd like you all to remember, that you can always PM me, if you're applying, if Lguan doesn't reply to you in a day or so.

Also, I'm adding myself to the ranks as a teacher. So hit me up whilst you can.
Post #: 8
11/10/2009 5:20:45   
Prince Arthur
Banned

what do we get if i apply for it??

Poof!
Do not use your signature more than once per page.
Post #: 9
11/10/2009 5:24:17   
nolraitru

If you apply to be a teacher, you get the satisfaction of knowing that people are bettering themselves because of things that you've helped them with.

If you apply to be a student, then you get to learn from an artist that is better than yourself. Or at least has a better grasp on the area than you do.
Post #: 10
11/10/2009 5:29:45   
xRaedqwex

A Student
Name: xRaedqwex
Teacher: iChar
Subject: Photoshop
Hoping to Learn: to be better and how to make awesomez tags :3

just got PS a while back, so i think a teacher would be coolz for meh :P

~RQ
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 11
11/10/2009 5:30:38   
Prince Arthur
Banned

so i can apply for a teacher or a student??
if i apply for a teacher i get to teach people on this forum??
if i apply for a student i get a teacher to teach me on this forum??
Post #: 12
11/10/2009 11:08:10   
  Zyrain
The Arcane

Name: Zyrain
Teacher: iChar
Subject: GIMP
Hoping to Learn: Basic Techniques + Onward.

~Zyrain

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
11/10/2009 11:33:31   
nolraitru

Both accepted, go ahead and drop me a PM.
And yes, you have to PM me, it to see if you're actually willing to learn from me.
Label it something with STO or [STO] whatever works.
Post #: 14
11/10/2009 15:44:16   
lycan bites

Do you teach ms paint iChar?

Deception, Disgrace
AQW  Post #: 15
11/10/2009 16:49:31   
Sea

I pm'd lguan a while ago... but no reply so...

Teaches: Basic Flash, and some minor advanced coding.
Specialty: Flash - Some coding, animations, etc.
Time Zone: Eastern - United States. I am usually on at 4:00pm
Note: Cannot teach flash art
Student number: 2, 3 maximum
Tutorial:http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1256327058
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 16
11/11/2009 0:20:12   
Illussion

i want to apply to be a teacher i can teach how to create web sites or games.
Private Message:you can Private Message me when ever you need help with what ever i am helping with.
you can check what web sites i run: DragonWars Online (Game) OldenTimes Online (Game)
DragonWars Online Forum
and Clan (Web Site)

so if you want me as a Teacher please Private Message me any time!!

~Illussion~

< Message edited by Illussion -- 11/12/2009 0:49:09 >
Post #: 17
11/11/2009 1:01:11   
vr11

A Student
Name: vr11
Teacher: H13
Hoping to Learn: Better use of brushes and filters. And about anything possible.

< Message edited by vr11 -- 11/11/2009 13:27:17 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 18
11/11/2009 8:31:49   
emo zsero

A Student
Name: Emo Zsero
Teacher:iChar
Subject:GIMP
Hoping to Learn: use of brushes,and the cool backgraounds in sigs and effects...so much everything...im getting used to GIMP since i used paint.net for 3 or 4 months now...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 19
11/11/2009 11:31:18   
~JW~

^iChar is full.
Post #: 20
11/11/2009 15:30:53   
golden rod

Name: golden rod
Teacher: shadow
Subject: a little of everything he teaches, but mostly flash
Hoping to Learn: good coding skills and how to use flash well, a good knowledge of all the tools, how to use them and so on and so forth.
DF MQ  Post #: 21
11/11/2009 15:49:47   
Nexolous

Applying as a teacher

Teaches: Photoshop
Specialty: Sprites, depth
Time Zone: -5 GMT
Note: You can PM me whenever
Student number: 3
Tutorial: Click, Click, Click
Link1, Link2, Link 3
DF  Post #: 22
11/11/2009 16:43:09   
xxDestroyer_of_Lightxx

quote:

A Student
Name: vr11
Teacher: H13
Hoping to Learn: Better use of brushes and filters. And about anything possible.

Excepted, Drop me a pm titled either STO,[STO],or {STO}.
AQ MQ  Post #: 23
11/13/2009 6:09:19   
Raven Star

iChar could you slot me in ...
Im a Microsoft powerpoint person/Microsoft Paint ... Need to learn Gimp.
Learnt how to Curl? lol.
Below sig done with Gimp/renders

I have some others ... on here ...

Dang ... your full ... nvm

Hate net surfing for tutorials

< Message edited by Raven Star -- 11/13/2009 6:13:00 >
AQW  Post #: 24
11/13/2009 7:05:42   
nolraitru

I am full, guys. No more students. If you guys keep asking, I'll remove myself from the list. Please, stop asking.

Everyone who wants Shadow for a teacher, please PM him, and let him know that he needs to post here, accepting you. Thanks.
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> The STO: Student Teacher Oganization [All TEACHERS must REAPPLY]
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition