Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Gallery Battle Area?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> Gallery Battle Area?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/15/2009 23:46:32   
lamaman123456789

Do you have to be an Approved Artist to be allowed to post in the Gallery Battle Area. If so then why is it opened to non-Approved Artists? I think that it should be closed to Non-Approved Artists, because when you become an AA, you have to show that you are able to Constructively Criticize a work. If you are not able to then you shouldn't be allowed to post there due to the fact that you haven't been able to show it. Would a mod or AK please Reply and tell me what you think?
AQ  Post #: 1
11/16/2009 8:08:33   
Walt

I second this idea.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
11/16/2009 10:51:27   
~JW~

That would mean that anyone could enter the SotW....Thats bad.
Post #: 3
11/16/2009 11:43:54   
  Zyrain
The Arcane

Hm,

Some Forum Members could be great at CCing, yet bad at Art.
Some Forum Members could be bad at CCing, yet great at Art.

I don't see this as a "Fair" Suggestion.

And actually, you rarely ever see any Non-AA Artists in the Gallery Battle Area, and the ones you do are usually okay at CCing.

Plus, the Gallery Battle Area is really the only place Non-AA Artists can show others their Art.

So I am against your Suggestion, sorry.

~Zyrain

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
11/16/2009 12:25:50   
Mo

^You can be an AA if you are bad at Art. Grafh has said this before, and I'm sure that Perso won't change that
AQ MQ  Post #: 5
11/16/2009 12:37:54   
  Zyrain
The Arcane

Mo: I know. I can relate. :P

~Zyrain
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
11/16/2009 12:58:13   
zenron the great

I agree with this. I don't like the people who will say something for a + or a - point when it obviously isn't true. What's the point of saying things like "flow" if you don't know what it means.
DF  Post #: 7
11/16/2009 14:18:17   
Tormenter

Personally,I'd love to have a sub-forum within the battle section for those that are more experienced to duke it out
AQ  Post #: 8
11/16/2009 14:30:47   
razackie

I don't think people that aren't approved artists should be allowed to post in the gallery battle arena, because if you can't CC, then you aren't going to get very far as an artist anyway. Besides, for all the time it takes to apply to become an AA >.>
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
11/16/2009 18:24:18   
TheShadowed1
long cat r looong

As far as i know, since it's a subsection of the Gallery (in which only AAs can post), only AAs can post in it.
And with any other changes, I can't guarantee anything.
It's really hard to get more subforums, and if we were allowed another one, there are better uses for it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 10
11/16/2009 18:51:39   
~JW~

quote:

Plus, the Gallery Battle Area is really the only place Non-AA Artists can show others their Art.

Thats the whole point of getting approved.

@Tess: No, anybody can post in the Gallery Battle Area. Clawful Flames, for example, is not an AA, but he can post in the Battle area.
Post #: 11
11/16/2009 18:59:14   
lamaman123456789

>.> That is the reason for the topic Jack. Here is Clawful's member page:
Link!
and the page that shows what groups he is in:
Link!
AQ  Post #: 12
11/16/2009 19:00:47   
~JW~

I know Lama. But tess said:
quote:

As far as i know, since it's a subsection of the Gallery (in which only AAs can post), only AAs can post in it.

So I just pointed it out for him.
Post #: 13
11/16/2009 19:03:54   
lamaman123456789

Okay, thanks. ^_^ Links are up for the proof!
AQ  Post #: 14
11/16/2009 21:25:04   
Clawful Flames

Actually, I am an approved artist.
MQ  Post #: 15
11/16/2009 21:34:02   
lamaman123456789

Okay. >.> That just happened like 5 minuetes ago though. >.>
AQ  Post #: 16
11/16/2009 22:34:23   
xxDestroyer_of_Lightxx

.Kaz wasn't an approved artist when he went for the SOTW but now he is.

~H13

AQ MQ  Post #: 17
11/17/2009 18:36:38   
Walt

The Battle Area might be good for people who want to be Approved Artists to practice Constructive Criticism.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 18
11/17/2009 19:25:13   
~JW~

Why cant they do that elsewhere? Most people in the Battle area say things like "flow" and "depth" when they really dont know what those things mean. Why hasnt this been done yet? :S
Post #: 19
11/17/2009 19:26:37   
Walt

But what if they do know what those terms mean?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 20
11/17/2009 19:29:41   
~JW~

There still not an AA, they shouldn't get to do nothing for something.
Post #: 21
11/18/2009 2:47:21   
nolraitru

This seems like it's getting to be less of a suggestion, and more of complaining about something that Grafh put into place for a reason.

Yes, non-AAs are able to post in the Gallery Battle Area. Yes, it was done on purpose.
It is meant for non-AAs who would like to get approved to inprove as an artist, while watching as the AAs CnC their work, and show them how it's done. If more people would do the battles and CnC with sentences, instead of the +/- stuff that most people use. It would actually help those who want to become an AA.
Think of it that way for a bit, before you start talking down to people who don't know what they're doing, and are trying to learn.
Post #: 22
11/18/2009 17:46:52   
Sea

I believe it's so no AA's can show their art, they may have GREAT art, but crappy not so good CC, and then they can only post in SIg & Avvy requests and can only show demanded asked for art, not their own personal style.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 23
11/18/2009 19:34:06   
~JW~

That defeats the purpose of being approved.
Post #: 24
11/18/2009 20:00:16   
Khelios
Burning Chaos

First of all, read what iChar said.

The Gallery areas act to showcase approved artists. Despite the Battle Area being in the Gallery section, it is, and will remain, open for all members. If you're not an approved artist, that shouldn't impact your ability to do graphic work in the first place (which is another reason, I speculate, why it is not required for the Art Requests and Battle Area).

This will not change. The Gallery Battle Area will stay as it is.
DF MQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> Gallery Battle Area?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition