Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Flash Q&A Thread 6 - We help!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash Q&A Thread 6 - We help!
Page 7 of 8«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/14/2010 15:47:59   
Silver Lion

That's the problem.. I don't know which folder it is. I don't see any Font folder (so far)...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 151
2/14/2010 16:10:20   
biG frend

My computer >> Disk drive (C: usually) >> Windows >> fonts
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 152
2/14/2010 16:17:25   
Silver Lion

Thanks a lot. It works now. :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 153
2/25/2010 17:31:42   
Sea

Heres a tutorials link for first post :3

http://www.w3schools.com/flash/flash_intro.asp
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 154
3/17/2010 6:39:45   
The Braken Bard

Does anyone have any tips for shading in jewellery? It's pretty hard.
AQ MQ  Post #: 155
3/21/2010 16:42:30   
Vampire and Human

Always have HUGE contrast between colors. And when it comes to silver and gold, use the main color (grey or yellow) then black for dark parts and white for shiny parts.
AQ  Post #: 156
3/24/2010 15:47:38   
Lord Sparky

why does flash ask so many questionS?????
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 157
3/24/2010 18:49:50   
Vampire and Human

What do you mean?

If you're more specific, I can help you.

If you're joking, I don't get it :S.

Que?
~VnH
AQ  Post #: 158
3/28/2010 18:53:39   
Valosity

Um.. can someone help me?
I cannot seem to find anywere to upload my Flash file to. I tried SWFCabin, but it isn't an SWF file... Anywere I could?

~Valo
Post #: 159
3/28/2010 19:21:24   
Vampire and Human

@valosity:

When in Flash press CTRL + Enter, which makes a new file of what you made in .SWF form.
AQ  Post #: 160
3/30/2010 15:58:38   
Valosity

Ok, thanks! Anyways, I have another question:
I have seen people with backround of mixed colors - do you get these and apply them or are they on the program? Either way, could I please be to how? Thanks!

~Valo
Post #: 161
4/4/2010 17:15:22   
Vampire and Human

What do you mean by mixture of colors? If you mean how it transitions between multiple colors, there is the gradient tool.

When you fill something in with the fill tool (shortcut: K) look in the top-right (depending on Flash version). There will be a drop-down box and instead of solid choose radial or linear, then choose 2 colors for the boxes with triangles beneath below it. Then fill in :).

Can't give a good detailed answer right now, in Mexico currently on Spring break, I'll re-post again later if you need more help.

~VnH
AQ  Post #: 162
4/22/2010 14:56:20   
not steve

gotoAndPlay(next)

My question regarding this is are there any other such identifiers that are not in number form? Would a simple gotoAndPlay(next + 1) work? (I am guessing not).
AQ DF  Post #: 163
4/22/2010 16:24:07   
EragonZZZZ

gotoAndPlay(_currentframe + 1); 

Assuming Flash 8, likely similar solutions for more recent versions.

< Message edited by EragonZZZZ -- 4/22/2010 16:27:04 >
AQ  Post #: 164
4/22/2010 18:33:58   
not steve

Splendid! I have a followup...

txtMP.text = ' . '+mainMP;

Is there a way to get the value to round to the nearest whole number when being displayed here? And I am on flash 8 Eragon ;)

EDIT: What the heck? Why don't I throw in a ridiculously complex one as well:

This code goes inside a layer on a movieclip:

onEnterFrame = function(){
	if(lvl1Complete)
		gotoAndPlay(2)
	} else {
		gotoAndPlay(1)
	}
}
stop();

Frame one is blank, frame two holds a button that allows the player to assess level two. Unfortunately it doesn't work. My best guess as to why is that it references a variable from a different timeline. (the one outside of the movieclip) if this is so, is there a way to circumvent this? It would be really convenient if I could set things up like this, it makes it so much easier for me. If that isn't the case could someone explain to me why it isn't working? xD

< Message edited by not steve -- 4/22/2010 20:49:42 >
AQ DF  Post #: 165
4/22/2010 23:37:43   
Vampire and Human

Try either Math.ceil() or Math.floor(). They both work excellently with this type of matter!

As for the code you posted, I can't really understand a single word of what you're saying it should do etc. so I'm not sure what to say ;D. Can you re-phrase it?
AQ  Post #: 166
4/23/2010 7:32:39   
MegaPoster404

quote:

onEnterFrame = function(){
	if(lvl1Complete)
		gotoAndPlay(2)
	} else {
		gotoAndPlay(1)
	}
}
stop();

With this, it's looking for a variable named lvl1Complete on the main timeline. If you have a movieclip/button call the lvl1Complete variable, it stores it within the movieclip's timeline.

Reference the variable as _root.lvl1Complete in both cases, it should work.
DF MQ  Post #: 167
4/23/2010 14:46:10   
not steve

:D I love you MP. Onto my next and possibly final problem:

Long and no longer relevant. :P Edited out because it screws up the way my iphone views the page.

This probably isn't enough information, but I might as well ask. These two codes are basically identical, except one refers to one type of block (that you can jump through) and the other refers to another (That your head bounces off of if you hit it) What weirds me out in this is that the first one in the sequence allows the player to jump when he is on it and the other will not allow him to if he is on it. If he is partially on one and partially on the other he is allowed to jump.

< Message edited by not steve -- 4/23/2010 18:51:19 >
AQ DF  Post #: 168
4/23/2010 16:43:27   
EragonZZZZ

I see absolutely no difference (other than names) between those two loops. Am I missing something?
AQ  Post #: 169
4/23/2010 18:06:33   
not steve

Like I said, that is probably not enough information. But at leas I know that it isn't that part of the script that is broken :p

EDIT: Good news! I fixed it myself by changing the way the thing worked. (It created a small glitch but it is likely never to be an issue, if two bricks lie on top of one another the char will drop to the lower of the two bricks. So yeah, that will barely come up.) It was a relic of an old system I had since majorly modified. Anyway, thanks to this ingenuous thread and the brilliance residing within I only have one problem left. It lies in the enemy's sprite change. While MP's _.root fix helped me with most of my cross timeline problems this one still exists. I am not sure how to get the syntext right.

[Code removed from thread now that problem is fixed, cause it wastes space :P]

EDIT2: And days later, I manage to fix it myself. xD That will be all for now.

< Message edited by not steve -- 4/25/2010 21:13:10 >
AQ DF  Post #: 170
5/11/2010 15:02:09   
Lord Sparky

i need a simple tut on action script
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 171
5/11/2010 15:49:38   
Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

I have found a website that covers both Flash CS3 and Flash CS4 versions. Which can be located here: www.frenchsquared.com
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 172
5/16/2010 13:38:01   
Lord Sparky

its cs5
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 173
5/16/2010 13:54:02   
zenron the great

It doesn't matter nah. They all use actionscript 3.0 anyway.
DF  Post #: 174
5/22/2010 17:58:27   
Lord Sparky

how do you make glows in flash?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash Q&A Thread 6 - We help!
Page 7 of 8«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition