Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =WF= Gameplay Feedback Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= Gameplay Feedback Thread
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/1/2010 5:32:46   
afsoc4life

I agree with that - there is sharp rise about 55 stat points up till 80 .. Especially if you are training one main stat and one minor stat e.g. DEX and LUK!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 26
1/17/2010 14:40:14   
lonewulfy
Banned

Well, isn't the entire point of the stat training increasing in cost to try to get people to balance training and updating weapons? I mean, since you get more gold at each level of enemies (excluding the level 7 enemies which give the same amount of XP as the level 20 enemies), you can train higher stats more effectively the higher a level you get. The disadvantage of pure builds is that you often don't have as much gold as people who went for a hybrid or other build, so you can't afford to update your weapons as often, as well as it takes longer to train. Oh, and by the way, a level 20 Protean gives 41 exp and 14 gold, and a level 7... Kor-dem, was it, gives the same exp and 9 gold? Bizarre.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 27
1/23/2010 8:50:49   
SIGMUND

The Experience and Gold rewards are just too low for most monsters compared to the cost of .... well just about everything.
AQ  Post #: 28
1/23/2010 20:57:16   
lonewulfy
Banned

I disagree. I have over 8000 gold and I have 6 gauntlets, all the best non-WG weapons, a closet full of battlesuits (where else am I supposed to put them, my left sock?) and... stuff. And I'm only even level 36. If anything, I can hit as hard as my AQ character on some hits, so they need to be that low because they are easy. If you want easy exp, go fight miss personality-with-a-VBG-Erin. She gives you a whopping 200 exp, plus whatever you get off the virin, plus she's only level 20. You can't beat that.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 29
1/25/2010 6:57:21   
Slevin

One thing that kind of is a bit a trouble is Tronzor for intelligence he has high Def and dodge rate and all you can use is techs so when your first starting its really hard to win since you can only use techs and no attacks. I say dull him down slightly for those starting that want to be a technician otherwise it really puts off a build like that
AQ DF  Post #: 30
1/25/2010 8:07:50   
Drakonnan180

One thing that troubles me is the drakels tail. It keeps sticking out of my armour and it looks wierd sometimes. Can you put a toggle button in?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 31
1/25/2010 9:37:51   
SIGMUND

The battle choice layout for the Ninja battlesuit is almost pointless for a Warrior now that the weapon special attack overrides your choice about 60% of the time.

It just makes no sense.
How can a Kick attack suddenly change into a ranged shooting attack?
AQ  Post #: 32
1/25/2010 12:22:43   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

@Drak
Well, you chose to be a drakel... :P
The tail's part of it, eh? Can't decide to chop it off for battle, then glue it back on when you're done, I don't think.

@sigmund
Hahaha, sigmund, you made me imagine something.

WF Char: "Feel the wrath of my KICK-- whoaaa wait, weapon, stop!!"
Weapon: "mwahaha. You are now under my control!!! Pewpew! Pewpew! mwahaha."

But on a serious note, I myself have not found the special rate to be 60%, much less in fact. Not to mention that oftentimes, if your weapon is at or near your current level, the special does around the same or more damage than the skill.

You also do not lose any SP when the skill is used.

I can understand some frustration for instance, if you are using a typed skill and the special activates, but I feel like that balances the skill, in that it isn't a 100% super attack.

Does that make sense?

< Message edited by lordtomato -- 1/25/2010 12:25:20 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 33
1/26/2010 7:06:32   
Veradux

You should add another inventory slot because with 8 slots you either miss 1 element or you have a very weak earth weapon and you can' t change it.
AQ  Post #: 34
1/26/2010 9:25:14   
Bu Kek Siansu

Veradux: You can buy an extra inventory slot in any shop. It will cost 200 Z-Tokens per slot.
To see how to use storage check out the tutorials made by Evo

Made a small spelling fix with my name. I lost my . , it is just Evo now ;-) ~Evo

< Message edited by Evo -- 1/26/2010 21:45:48 >
Post #: 35
1/26/2010 10:43:51   
necrolich66

i think he ment active inventory
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 36
1/26/2010 11:39:35   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

If he meant active inventory, then there is currently no way to increase the active size, and I doubt there will ever be. Rarely, if in any quest will one need a weapon of every element. Most weapons have multiple weaknesses or 100% weakness. If you choose your weapon types wisely, you will find yourself most often with a weapon usable against every enemy. Adding another active inventory slot wouldn't hurt the game too much, but it is unnecessary. Also, many armors have skills that do elemental damage at the cost of SP or MP. You might want to give them a look.
AQ MQ  Post #: 37
1/26/2010 11:44:02   
necrolich66

i like WF even if there is no magic (still think technomagy would work lol)
it would be fun to have more contact with lore not only the lorean and near lorean's space base
even if AQ hero is still there we could patrol
hmm a bit hungry /me look hungry at lordtomato
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 38
1/26/2010 13:59:55   
Lord Athor

@Veradux
That's the same problem Adventurers in AQ face and I don't think that's going to change any time soon concidering it hasn't in AQ.
Post #: 39
1/28/2010 2:39:56   
Veradux

Yeah I meant active inventory.
AQ  Post #: 40
1/30/2010 11:01:29   
SIGMUND

quote:

lordtomato:~ @sigmund
Hahaha, sigmund, you made me imagine something.

WF Char: "Feel the wrath of my KICK-- whoaaa wait, weapon, stop!!"
Weapon: "mwahaha. You are now under my control!!! Pewpew! Pewpew! mwahaha."

But on a serious note, I myself have not found the special rate to be 60%, much less in fact. Not to mention that oftentimes, if your weapon is at or near your current level, the special does around the same or more damage than the skill.

You also do not lose any SP when the skill is used.

I can understand some frustration for instance, if you are using a typed skill and the special activates, but I feel like that balances the skill, in that it isn't a 100% super attack.

Does that make sense?

Okay the special only happens about 40% of the time. But sometimes it happens 6 or 7 times in a sequence. That seems to have been fixed.
For a Warrior the choice of attack can be critical and has been several times for my character. Knowing that I can score a certain amount with a specific attack is crucial to my battle plan.
If I wanted the attacks I make to be random I would press a big button saying random attack. Or just close my eyes and randomly press my mouse button until something happened.

It just doesn't make sense when you are choosing to do a Battlesuit Ram or a Kick for the weapon suddenly to do the special attack.
The special atacks did not occur when the Battlesuits were first realeased. Why spoil the Battlesuits by allowing the special to happen now?

As you suggest the answer might be to call the special attack a "malfunction" which is either lucky like the Galaxythe Special or Disasterous like most of the ranged specials which rarely hit anything because I have chosen to have low DEX.

I'm guessing this won't be changed. So you are virtually forcing me to rebuild my character to have more DEX. C'est la vie. His other attacks should hit more frequently.

< Message edited by SIGMUND -- 1/30/2010 11:46:24 >
AQ  Post #: 41
2/3/2010 12:59:52   
Lord Athor

Regarding the posts in the Q&A thread about miscs being not useful enough I must say that up to date I haven't felt it worth spending one turn on activating a misc insted of attacking but that may very well change when we get harder enemies. I'd like to see some miscs like Bele's Gift but they might be too powerful for the game right now.

The Astramorphs would be very useful if you didn't have to change into the armor to get the stat bonus, i.e. stat bonus ought to apply on activating the misc and the conversion bonus when activating the armor. As it is the armors in WF have better B/R/S-bonus than the Searhide morph since it seems that the damage B/R/S is balanced according to AQ standards and not WF. Shearhide form has better defences but I do believe that morph is supposed to be offence oriented so using it as a protection armor kind of defeats its purpose I think...

Just my 2c.
Post #: 42
2/3/2010 16:53:49   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

The new release missions are really entertaining. I especially have enjoyed the newest one that allows me to pick from a selection of people to come with me to the battle, the one that gives you six choices. The atmosphere is still very impressive detail and background wise, and those of you who are the artists behind all those backgrounds and details to the artwork, I congratulate you on a job well done.
AQW Epic  Post #: 43
9/27/2010 16:14:07   
MonsterMike9000

Not enough gameplay strategy imho. All you do is spam with your gauntlet until you run out of action points then finish with your weapon. And theirs nothing really special separating the gunner/striker classes except for their choice in weapons. Also armor abilities dont make any sense either. You can do more damage by spamming with your gauntlet until you run out of action points then finishing with your weapon. At least thats how it is for my Gunner character.

The story is good enough, but its not great. Nothing like the broad brush strokes during the Carnax Saga. The intro to the game though was noteworthy, it was like you were about to embark on a history-altering adventure, a call to arms of sorts, whisked away to a Spaceship to fight an all-engulfing evil in the galaxy. Then 3 main plot quests later..You turn into another faceless recruit on-board the Warpforce Mothership.

None of the NPCs really stand out. They seem to have that "cameo" vibe going on but thats as far as they go. Its a nice nod to those crossing over from the old games, but does nothing for the new players.

Gameplay/story-wise, I feel like Im playing through someone's old savefile from some obscure old-school nintendo game. The game has been played for me, its up to me to go through the same movements to reach the same conclusion the person that played the game before me did.

Another thing is, why are things like "Mana Potions" present in a sci-fi game? Where Magic, according to canon, is ineffective in space? A bunch of fantasy terms have crossed over into the sci-fi setting of Warpforce. It kinda ruins the whole "Im on a spaceship with lightsabres and lasers" thing.

< Message edited by MonsterMike9000 -- 9/27/2010 16:20:17 >
AQ  Post #: 44
9/27/2010 18:30:29   
ArchMagus Orodalf

MonsterMike9000, they aren't MANA potions. If you go to the SickBay, you'll see that they are ENERGY potions. Energy is necessary to activate Skills and Technology, which are not magic-based.

I'm starting to get back into WF, and I'm starting to think that the grinding is less grinding right now... but I think that it's going to start up again after the novelty of playing again wears off. That's the only thing I really dislike about WF: the incredibly large gaps in content.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
9/27/2010 18:56:25   
moneybags
More than a Game

Well, you can't start a game off with a ton and ton of content (well, maybe you can...). Since WF receives monthly updates, and it's quite a large update, it'll grow a bit by bit every month. Before long, there'll be full of quests and items to buy. Right now, there may be some missing weapons (like a high level ice weapon, other than the Techblades, which seem to be the only choice), or some missing gauntlets to provide resistances for certain elements, but I'm sure that within time, that will be fixed.
Epic  Post #: 46
9/27/2010 18:59:07   
ArchMagus Orodalf

Content GAPS. By gaps, I mean LEVEL gaps. It takes a great deal of grinding before you can access something you can really want to play. For example, I am currently at Level 42, but would REALLY like to see the Level 45 WarpForce Saga quest.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
9/27/2010 19:31:56   
moneybags
More than a Game

My comment goes for that as well. There are going to be multiple quests (more than likely) that fill in the gaps between levels without new quests once more and more releases come out. I don't think the staff will keep raising the level cap and keep making the newest quests the highest level. :)
Epic  Post #: 48
9/27/2010 19:34:38   
ArchMagus Orodalf

The thing is, all of the quests have the SAME level requirements, i.e., every five levels (with the exception of, like, one quest at Level 42). There's going to be a 5-level gap between content all the time unless they fix that.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
9/27/2010 20:21:06   
Nex del Vida

Celestra's new quest log on the bridge shows three slots for quests at levels 76, 79, and 81. To me this indicates that the staff is stepping away from the previously strictly adhered-to five-level gradations.
AQ  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= Gameplay Feedback Thread
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition