Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

[MSP] Graffiti

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> [MSP] Graffiti
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/24/2009 16:36:35   
Saerokeon

I've always been fond of Paint, i remember spending hours just doodling with my mouse when i was little...back in the good ol' days, when bush hadnt screwed us all over yet...not thats relevant at all :)

Maybe you've seen the videos on YouTube, but drawing graphitti in MS Paint is growing in popularity. the attraction is not the result, but just that you could get something as fine as you did in just a crappy program..but many people wont do it becasue paint is inferior to PS4, which is inferior to GIMP (yea, i said it!)
PAINT IS NOT CRAPPY

i honestly prefer a good doodle in paint..it has many features GIMP and PS4 will never have, and its even better now in Win 7. Onto the tutorial, then? I'll be demoing in Win7 paint, but it works just as well in paint for vista, xp, 2000, me, etc.

**THE A PART OF A STEP IS FOR BEGINNERS, THE B PART OF A STEP IS FOR MORE EXPIERENCED PEOPLE. GO ALONG WITH ONE SIDE THE ENTIRE WAY**

1A) Lets get some text up! Open up your text tool and type in something BIG...like 200ish. Use a graffiti looking text such as 'Street Soul' (thanks to Sea who suggested another graffiti-text, 'Cruze!) http://www.dafont.com/search.php?psize=m&q=cruze . Using a color other than the text color (we'll call that color A), use the pencil tool to make a rough outline of the text (we'll call that color B). This rough outline SHOULD be messy and a bit more curly than the original text.

When thats done, set the line tool to three or four pixels wide, and go over everything neatly with a third color, we'll call that C. Then, set your first color (on your palette) to white and your second color to color A or B. Use the fill tool and right click and left click repeatedly, getting rid of all colors but color C. confused? i have pictures.

text..

outline...

neat-ish part..

1B) For those of us out there that are magical with a mouse/have tablets, draw the outline of a graffiti looking thing using the pencil tool with two or three pixel width. then go over it with the line tool, as shown above.

2) Copy the image and paste it, so now you have two. fill in one completely black and the other with a third color. then put the multicolored one over the black one. (using transparency).

Now for the background..pick a color scheme, and do for the basic things i do (make a background, invert, etc), but shake it up as much as you want. make your words on fire for all i care!

3) Open a new paint window. Pick a color scheme, I'll be using purple and red. Paste your picture into the new window, and make a giant box around it and fill it in using the secondary color fill-in box tool.

4) Now go crazy. Make a bunch of little boxes, circles, arrows, stars, etc pertaining to the color scheme you chose. If you do arrows, make sure that they all face the same way. Also, make sure to either make the colors really funky or really nice looking. im going to a funky look. Just go crazy, there arent any rules here.

5) Copy the background into a new window, just for safekeeping. Go back to your lettered image. Fill in the outline (mines red) black and make your fill color (mines gray) white. Make your second color white in the funky-colored background window and paste it into there.

6) Erase/ fill everything around the lettering white, then copy it.

7) In the paint window with your original bg in it, invert the picture, put your lettering on there and your done! Hope you had fun! :)

i also made this one a while back :)

< Message edited by Saerokeon -- 12/30/2009 18:01:07 >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> [MSP] Graffiti
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition