Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Issue 51 - An Unlucky Hero (Tolan)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 51 - An Unlucky Hero (Tolan)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/1/2010 16:55:49   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

An Unlucky Hero
By J. M. Tolan

Today, reader, we have a real treat for you. For, when I first heard my assignment to go forth and write an article on unluckiness and superstition, I knew immediately what I must do. And, after much venturing and several misplaced messenger turtles*, I'm proud to say that I brought you the perfect person to interview on such an occasion:

Mister Ulysses Natalie Lucky is, as you might imagine, quite opinionated on the topic. He's also, for reasons no one's ever been able to figure out, the only person in his entire family to not put a single stat into Luck. I took it upon myself to interview him, to find out why.

Interviewer: Mr. Lucky, though most people don't usually focus on it, luck is generally thought to have some sort of merit as a stat. But I understand you disagree. Can you tell me why?

U. N. Lucky: Bah! Luck! Luck is worthless! All hype and superstition, no foundation in reality. Anyone who puts stats into luck is a fool! It has no effect at all!

Reporter: Um, Mr. Lucky, I'm afraid this simply isn't true. The effect of luck has been noted by many heroes, in and out of battles. They maintain it does have an effect, and can be quite significant, if worked enough.

U. N. Lucky: Who are you going to believe, some random adventurers hanging around Falconreach, or a guy with the word right in his name? My family wrote the book on luck, and I'm here to tell you, it's all a hoax!

Reporter: But Mr. Lucky, the rest of your family maintains that luck is a very important stat. They themselves use luck-heavy builds. They claim to enjoy generally better-than-average conditions, can that life seems better in "lots of little ways?"

U. N. Lucky: Exactly! That's what they say! And I'm here to tell you they're lying! They're just optimists, the whole lot of them; they've never tried using a different stat, so they assume all the good things that happen to them are because of their luck, not that they're just ignoring all the bad that happens to them.

Reporter: But Mr. Lucky, many people have accused your position of being based largely, not on facts or observation, but on feelings of spite and revenge toward your family, particularly your father, for giving you the middle name of Natalie.

Regretfully, this fascinating interview was cut short as Mr. Lucky promptly pursued me, brandishing his sign, yelling "I TOLD YOU NOT TO TALK ABOUT THAT! COME BACK HERE YOU MANGY CUR!"

Still, an insight into the mind of a man who has never put a stat into luck. I hope this interview has been as exciting to you as it was to me!**

Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 51 - An Unlucky Hero (Tolan)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition