Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: 2010 AQW Drawing Contest (discussions go here!)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Official AE Announcements and Contests!] >> Official Contests >> RE: 2010 AQW Drawing Contest (discussions go here!)
Page 3 of 40«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/29/2010 20:10:06   
Postmaster General

My advice, as far as image tags go, was universal, not just in this contest.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 51
3/29/2010 20:11:52   
Tezkatlipoca

Someone has prolly already asked this but the contest rules say we can make our art in any media we want but it has to be original work. So my question is can I use my Photoshop and my Wicom tablet and Photoshop draw my picture?

quote:

5. You may draw on any surface using any medium you so choose. Or paint. Or sketch. Or whatever else you can think of to make a beautifully artistic masterpiece.

< Message edited by Tezkatlipoca -- 3/29/2010 20:18:20 >

Post #: 52
3/29/2010 20:12:14   
mav$$$$

Here are the mine! Face me, if you can! Struggle in GreenGuard.

The little dog in the picture are an God of Thunder's Hunt Hound.(lol 3 mouths!)

Sheriff: so good!

< Message edited by mav$$$$ -- 3/29/2010 20:26:51 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 53
3/29/2010 20:13:27   
Davosaur

im pretty sure you could use a tablet w/PS cause its pretty much handdrawn just electronically

c-c-c-combo \/\/\/

< Message edited by Davyo -- 3/29/2010 20:17:04 >
Post #: 54
3/29/2010 20:13:37   
Postmaster General

@Tez: The contest is meant to be a drawing contest. This most likely entails that it must be drawn by hand.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 55
3/29/2010 20:14:46   
Postmaster General

@Mav$$$: Thank you. But make sure you post it in the entry and not just here in the Discussion.

Also, there is a lot of flaming going on...:/

< Message edited by Sheriff Duncan -- 3/29/2010 20:16:31 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 56
3/29/2010 20:18:38   
mav$$$$

goldslayer1: I can't see nothing XD!

Sheriff: I already got in the contest on the first page.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 57
3/29/2010 20:20:07   
Postmaster General

Okay, I just didn't want you to miss out by accident. It's awesome though!

And I'm fine tuning and shading mine right now. A newer version will probably be up soon.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 58
3/29/2010 20:26:01   
mav$$$$

Thanks, I draw it in 3 min the sketch and 10 min the finish one, I be mastered a bit my poses, proportions and side faces.

Wow a lot of fast post! XD

Rock On!!!!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 59
3/29/2010 20:26:43   
Postmaster General

Yes, this will surely be a big contest!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 60
3/29/2010 20:29:26   
kyuubi

All contests are big, not only the chance at the grand prize and runner-ups. The most important are your peers.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 61
3/29/2010 20:29:48   
GriffinFire
Pirate King

I'm also unsure whether digital drawings are allowed, as a signature on that would necessarily be "photoshopped" on. To be clear, I do mean a hand-drawn drawing, just done with a tablet directly onto the computer, rather than on paper.

Can we get some clarification on the rules from an official source? Thanks!

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 62
3/29/2010 20:34:16   
Tezkatlipoca

Um I got 1 yes and 1 no... I think AE was hardly clear enough on this point. It is vague and they need to be specific because its open to interpretation.

quote:

5. You may draw on any surface using any medium you so choose. Or paint. Or sketch. Or whatever else you can think of to make a beautifully artistic masterpiece.

Tecnically using a digital tablet is "drawing or painting" this point has yet to be adressed by the AE team and us digital artist might be wasting our valuable time.

oops sorry I must have been writing that at the same time a AK was responding..

< Message edited by Tezkatlipoca -- 3/29/2010 20:35:42 >
Post #: 63
3/29/2010 20:35:27   
kyuubi

I'm sure digital drawings are good.
Hand-Drawn just perfect just because then you can write youe AQW name
Flash
Paint

Long ago I still remember *name* actually drew on their home wall O.O

As long as things made from you, for you, and then processed to AE. It's good.
You can use resources, you just can't copy one another or some particular past things.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 64
3/29/2010 20:38:11   
pinina

I've just got a question. I'm really good at drawing but I'm horribly uncreative. Could I just draw something from the game? You know, like instead of drawing something that's AE themed, just draw something that's directly from one of the games? Would it still count as an entry? Sorry if this doesn't belong here...

DF  Post #: 65
3/29/2010 20:38:32   
Crystal Lion

Does anyone know if digital drawings are accepted? And as for the signature on such a digital drawing, would I have to write 'Crystal Lion' when I'm done with it?

Celebrities, bane or boon?
HeroSmash, the Mechanical Armageddon (WIP).
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 66
3/29/2010 20:41:37   
Postmaster General

Whether or not digital drawings are acceptible has yet to be answered. As far as signature, it is supposed to be your AQW Username so that AE knows exactly who to reward for their efforts.

@Pinina: You could just draw some NPC's or enemies out of context in a back ground of your own. It would be like Photoshop but with your hand. I'm sure that would be more than acceptible.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 67
3/29/2010 20:45:33   
pinina

@Sheriff Duncan: Thanks! I'll start drawing it right now!
DF  Post #: 68
3/29/2010 20:50:55   
kyuubi

It would be kind of like photo editing as I may say. but just as the sheriff just said, it would be done on the hand.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 69
3/29/2010 21:01:26   
Tezkatlipoca

I think Griffin understood what I was trying to say... Im not talking about copy paste artwork, or photo editing. AE were very clear to the fact it must be original art done by you. I mean using Photoshop as an actual creative tool. Oh also, while were discussing this, one other aspect of the digital art realm needs to covered. Can we use the "tools" that these programs provide us with such as gradients, styles etc..? Or would even things like shading need to be done by hand as this is quite a bit more complex?
Post #: 70
3/29/2010 21:02:16   
Davosaur

aslong as its made by you the participant and it looks awesome its a go :D (IMO i still need to know if i can use flash)
Post #: 71
3/29/2010 21:20:17   
goldslayer1

i know mines is blurry but thats because its with a camera. and i tried to keep it as still as possible
i placed it on the table and separated table from wall and thumb tacked the paper to wall and took shot but thats as still as it can go
AQW Epic  Post #: 72
3/29/2010 21:52:41   
DragonSlayerNinja

Well here i have a drawing of Artix.
what do you guys think?

AQ  Post #: 73
3/29/2010 21:54:55   
kiber the killer

it looks good.
Post #: 74
3/29/2010 22:06:15   
Blackshock

yo, what do you guys think bout' my entry? It's teh advanced hawk. sorry if the quality stinks, i only had a webcam...
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Official AE Announcements and Contests!] >> Official Contests >> RE: 2010 AQW Drawing Contest (discussions go here!)
Page 3 of 40«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition