Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Content Coming S.O.O.N?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Content Coming S.O.O.N?
Page 10 of 14«<89101112>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/22/2010 3:01:58   
Terosin

With the DNs Artix posted some time ago on the AQW page, I guess we can move "MQ Soundtrack" to "In progress"

quote:

The BattleOn NPCs

Our first music album is called The NPCs - "Critical Hits". It features 32 tracks of music from ALL of our web based games... and a bonus track of Zhoom's never before heard themesong, "I don't like dem Ninjas." EbilCorp ninjas best go to Yulgar's for some ear plugs. The CD sounds amazing and there are some songs on it that I did not even know we had in game!
Post #: 226
7/22/2010 20:40:06   
dan x

does anyone kno when the dragonlord and guardian mechs are coming because in the first design notes it talks about them
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 227
7/22/2010 21:24:06   
krusher64n

S.O.O.N?

Only AE knows.
DF MQ  Post #: 228
8/1/2010 3:28:08   
forumlogin

@krusher
Sometimes I'm not sure if they do. :P

Anyways, something else is coming out. :D
Wonder how it'll go?
DF MQ  Post #: 229
8/1/2010 18:18:17   
Soundblast

AE proably forgot it or lost it in the mountain of work and S.O.O.N. stuff...
BOO!

Don't use bright colors, please.
Terosin

< Message edited by Terosin -- 8/2/2010 9:43:33 >
MQ  Post #: 230
8/20/2010 4:28:37   
speedy fighters

The "Criticle RNG Effect System"...nickname i gave it...

its one of the oldest posts on MQ DN....they were going to have criticles do random things in battle, some pointless, some useful...like a criticle randomly giving you 1% of your EP back.

anyone remember this? the last I heard of it, it was coming SOON...then was never mentioned again.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 231
8/20/2010 11:55:21   
Skullmanic1

quote:

Hiring a crew for SC starships

i remember this was being talked about as soon as starships came out.But it never happened lol

I was so looking forward in the past to having slaves on my ship

< Message edited by Skullmanic1 -- 8/20/2010 11:56:35 >
Post #: 232
8/20/2010 13:17:22   
forumlogin

@speedy
That was a quirky little thing. XD
Quite amusing. Pointless, but a nice little easter egg.
DF MQ  Post #: 233
8/20/2010 13:19:25   
Calogero

Armada's :P probably the most anticipated SOON thing to exist

that and making Doom Lord mech buyable trough other ways :P but that's on my SOON list xD
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 234
8/20/2010 15:31:53   
speedy fighters

@Forum: well, things like that make my day personally....they are odd, quirky, and overall, its the small stuff that makes a game XD
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 235
9/10/2010 21:50:34   
tyrant king

Ive waited since the game started for the verified mech but it still hasnt come yet i think they should just focus on the S.O.O.N list for the next few releases
AQ  Post #: 236
9/15/2010 12:08:22   
  Korin
Breaking Things

I am heavily looking over this list. And I think one of the biggest things I need to finish first is the swordfighting which I think I will have Warlic help me with that since Artix actually wants it to be revamped too.

Then the possible options that I can tell you will be worked on in the near future would beeee the post mortems, K&S should be doable as well as SC Challenge. I might be able to figure out a way to get the ammo switching enabled. Hiring a crew might be doable but that won't be until transforming starships are finished which we are currently planning out. Not sure what Flag sets mean unless it's house items for house flags. House artifacts are a concern and we meant to have them in certain other planets so we think we will add a couple to the ends of the quests, probably as an extra quest on top of the finale's or embed them into the finale quests. It's up in the air for that. Not sure what caped mecha is. DA/Gaurdian has been a known concern recently and I personally want to get those out before the end of the year. Transforming starships are in the works. I do want to make more vehicles purchasable and either make a race quest or a fast-travel throughout Soluna City with it. Maybe both. Combo mecha is doable but really difficult. I still want to implement name changes for NGs but I'm not sure what would be required for that.
MQ  Post #: 237
9/15/2010 12:39:21   
runer

@Korin : First of all , thanks for the full explanation , now can i process what you said ?

quote:

I need to finish first is the swordfighting

You mean energy blade fighting ? Didn't we get this done when Yokai first Debuted ?

quote:

post mortems

What is this ? A continuation on already made area's ?

quote:

K&S should be doable

That would be great for both new and lower leveled players , as well as the higher leveled players .

quote:

as well as SC Challenge.

This has been a promise by blues i think? for a long time .

quote:

I might be able to figure out a way to get the ammo switching enabled.

Well we do need more Ammo-requiring weapons in the game , most of the are rare's or really old .

quote:

Hiring a crew might be doable but that won't be until transforming starships are finished which we are currently planning out

So Transforming Starships are indeed going to happen , but will be staying at the list for a while now say ?

quote:

Not sure what Flag sets mean unless it's house items for house flags.

House flags seems like a pretty interesting idea ! but here is what i understood the flagship is :

The Flag sets are sets promised by the staff for "Accounts" (NOT characters) that are some of the original say 10 thousand or so accounts , it is like a weapon or mech sets ... i do not know but maybe warlic could still have some idea's about it .

quote:

House artifacts are a concern and we meant to have them in certain other planets so we think we will add a couple to the ends of the quests probably as an extra quest on top of the finale's or embed them into the finale quests. It's up in the air for that

That will help kick up some stories that are not necessarily a main MQ plot or a planet's main story .

quote:

Not sure what caped mecha is

Either mech's that wear capes (Least expected option) or mech's that are at cap level and do not scale to it/to above it .

quote:

DA/Gaurdian has been a known concern recently and I personally want to get those out before the end of the year

Finally ..... at the very least we have a somehow a "date" for it :)

quote:

I do want to make more vehicles purchasable and either make a race quest or a fast-travel throughout Soluna City with it. Maybe both.

That will be a pretty nice addition to the game , make's buying a vehicle actually worth it .

quote:

Combo mecha is doable but really difficult

Well , you can try to remove it from the AD (If that is the one mentioned) , nevertheless the combo idea was started but never really got that much of a concern duo to the chain breaking problems .

quote:

I still want to implement name changes for NGs but I'm not sure what would be required for that.

I know this might be a different system and game , but cannot you try the DF system of doing it ??
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 238
9/15/2010 12:42:49   
black knight 1234567

O...M....G... The verfied emchas! finnaly :D I hope the DL mecha scales too 100 :3
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 239
9/15/2010 13:26:50   
EinhanderX01

"Long" post; sorry. But to answer a few questions:
quote:

quote:

I need to finish first is the swordfighting

You mean energy blade fighting ? Didn't we get this done when Yokai first Debuted ?

It was never completed, and other uniforms will need some overhauling as well.

quote:

quote:

post mortems

What is this ? A continuation on already made area's ?

Post Mortem DN notes. Like what was done for Zargon. Just a general overview of what the Staff intended compared with the final result (what they envisioned vs what they ended up with, plus their overall satisfaction or dissatisfaction with it).

quote:

quote:

Not sure what caped mecha is

Either mech's that wear capes (Least expected option) or mech's that are at cap level and do not scale to it/to above it .

Refers to the Museum Statue, the one that was rumored to either have been the original Founder mech, or a mech pertaining to an eventual Soluna or Museum-related storyline.

And I'll post my own comments later.

< Message edited by EinhanderX01 -- 9/15/2010 13:28:00 >
Post #: 240
9/15/2010 14:21:22   
Calogero

Remember when Mae said to revamp the K&S??

Neather do I... xD

also the SC upgrade system to make Non sc mechs to Sc mechs
I wonder if that thing will be used for future mechs or if that is also done

< Message edited by andy123 -- 9/15/2010 14:22:33 >

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 241
9/15/2010 16:01:09   
EinhanderX01

K&S should be doable as well as SC Challenge.
So will the K&S Suggestions finally be implemented?

As for the SCX Challenges, will it just be level 40 versions of the current ones? Or will you add Yokai and Necryptos SCX Challenges? (Necryptos X being a true challenge; defeating all Vampires in a Vampire Hunter)

I might be able to figure out a way to get the ammo switching enabled.
That'll be very nice; if I still used Ammo-based weaponry, and if there were a few more with decent 1 or 2 CD times.

Hiring a crew might be doable but that won't be until transforming starships are finished which we are currently planning out.
Looking forward to seeing how both the crew and the Starship is implemented.

Not sure what Flag sets mean unless it's house items for house flags.
Something meant to be given to the first 10,000 or so accounts for MQ. Possibly a mech weapon, a player weapon, a special item on the Character Page, or a Visible Mod with stat bonuses.

DA/Guardian has been a known concern recently and I personally want to get those out before the end of the year.
Finally. I'm guessing, based on Verification in other games; that we'll see them having SC-Level damage and scaling up to 100 (basically, being on par with most non-SCMM SC Mechs, while still being more powerful than most NSC mechs). Good enough to make once to get it over with.

Combo mecha is doable but really difficult.
If you're really going to go ahead and do this Korin, please, for the sake of balance, lock the combo like what was done with the Decimator (and the Reaper) so that it's only available when the HP level is low. Basically, a Last Resort Alpha Strike. It'll keep to the impressive damage combo and animation, but only as a final resort. Sure, it'll be as OP as the Decimator is/was, but it'll be OP with restrictions.
Post #: 242
9/15/2010 16:27:34   
LeoMart

quote:

also the SC upgrade system to make Non sc mechs to Sc mechs
I wonder if that thing will be used for future mechs or if that is also done

Huh?? What do you mean?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 243
9/15/2010 17:35:58   
.R.M.

wow a new sc ultimate challage, awesome! i can look foreward to that!
AQW Epic  Post #: 244
9/15/2010 17:42:38   
Calogero

@ Leo

There was a time that they released a shop for Sc that with an Item that costs 0 credits could make a Non Sc mech into a Sc mech ( same stats and all just so that it's able to equip 2 Mods )

@ Einhander
the first 10000 characters are mostly Staff and test character
also characters that aren't used anymore :)
Maybe a bit higher or something?

< Message edited by andy123 -- 9/15/2010 17:45:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 245
9/15/2010 17:56:50   
EinhanderX01

@ Andy: I forget if it was 10k or 100k. But not much higher than that, IIRC. ;P

And it's Accounts; not characters. The number of Accounts.

I remember the shop you're talking about. It was just the upgrade/merge shop at the SC Club. All it did was take NSC mechs that had SC specials on them and add the SC tag to their names so that they could use 2 Mods instead of one. But unless there's more mechs that have SC-Only specials on them; what's in that shop is it.

< Message edited by EinhanderX01 -- 9/15/2010 20:09:06 >
Post #: 246
9/15/2010 18:44:43   
black knight 1234567

The flag thing Is making me kinda jelous >_> <_<
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 247
9/15/2010 23:10:57   
forumlogin

Oh, goodie. :D
We've gotten plans for the stuff.
Although I was hoping the planet post-mortem meant actual cleaning up of the planet, like giving Necryptos an actual ending, removing the Westion War and replacing it with a non-rare version, and other stuff like that. :P
DF MQ  Post #: 248
9/15/2010 23:16:46   
EinhanderX01

Post Mortem Notes usually are posted after a planet has been completed; but there hasn't been any confirmation yet as to whether all current Wars will be recoded like into permanent content, like what's occasionally done in DF, and what was done with the Asteroid War (instead of 1M, about 10 to 20 enemies).

Therefore; as things stand, it'll be "it" until otherwise notified. :3

In other things; I think I'll go ahead and add those to the list; if it isn't already on there.
Post #: 249
9/16/2010 0:35:27   
skyvolt666

quote:

(instead of 1M, about 10 to 20 enemies).

I can see it now

You walk into a war that was added as permanent content, and begin to pound enemies to a pulp. Having a grand old time you don't look at the progress bar until about 30-40 minutes later, having defeat near to 40 enemies. Glancing over you notice that the bar has made no progress, though it tells you your amount of kills below. So you decide to clear the cache and cookies, then restart the game. You arrive back at the war feeling pretty good that you had defeated the glitch/bug, and begin to pound away at the enemies, this time keeping better track of the kills that you are getting. Strangely enough the previous 40 kills that you had gotten still showed up underneath the Progress bar, though it was still stuck at 0%. So you decide to jump onto the Forums to see if this is a bug that everyone is getting.

Upon arriving at the forum thread for the release, you begin to notice a bunch of people commenting on the amount of enemies to kill. You ask around and come to find out that you have 1 MILLION enemies that have to be defeated to complete the war, not just that but unlike server wars this was all done by you and you alone. You rush to the gremlin thread to report the insane bug, and you see a staff post there. It states, "The 1 Million enemy war is not a bug." you then proceed to have your jaw drop as you calculate just how long it will take to kill that many enemies.

A little while later a design notes comes up saying that at the end of the War there is some awesome weapons and mechs, only available after defeating the boss after the 1 million enemies. These weapons also happen to be the strongest weapons ever released. The only issue is trying to get them. You slowly but surely sink into your chair, debating whether to spend the time involved in this feat, or to simply give up and wait for something else.

Finally admitting defeat you click close on your tab, shut your laptop, and walk down the hall.
______

And yes that is completely made up. Though a quest with like 500 or a thousand enemies would be fun. Only if they aren't repetitive and you are allowed to switch equipment between fights though.

AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Content Coming S.O.O.N?
Page 10 of 14«<89101112>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition