Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: MQ's Low Popularity

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: MQ's Low Popularity
Page 18 of 21«<1617181920>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/1/2011 23:22:12   
trans205

@trans205 Why : Do you even play MQ? I mean to the extent that you completed every job/storyline quest?

Basically...what forumlogin said:

quote:

Just so you know, there are luck rolls in 6 planets out of 9.
Soluna has job and Energy Blade class rolls, Westion has Rep rolls (invisible rolls) and some other job rolls (Bomb Squad), Zargon has loot rolls, Yokai has training rolls, the Moon has Power Cell rolls and Rep rolls, and Planet 51 is based on rolls.
Try actually looking around before making statements like that.
I can assure you there are far more than 1 luck roll in the game.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 426
1/1/2011 23:34:12   
seventy two

To be fair many of those rolls are at-least somewhat optional.

Jobs: Not necessary to the Plot
Energy Blades: Unnecessary if over level 20 barely need a good one throughout the story.
Westion Rep: IIRC unlock nothing plotwise
Moon Rep: Optional shops
Zargon Loot: Optional
Yokai training: Optional I believe
Planet 51: Wrong, there is a timed gauntlet that lets you level without rolls

Only the beginner storyline, and Bomb squad are require(and possibly one or two more.)

Now some completionist will come and say that the jobs are an important part, they are right but at the same time that are as important as drops in other games, something people try to gloss over the rolls for.
it is rare that I bother listening to the game.

I agree with the sound idea clever mentioned, it is rare that I bother listening to the game.

< Message edited by seventy two -- 1/1/2011 23:36:43 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 427
1/1/2011 23:37:38   
Hellsoarer

Yeah seventy two you tell 'em!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 428
1/1/2011 23:45:46   
stealthwings
Helpful

Quite a lot of those are required to advance the story.
DF MQ  Post #: 429
1/1/2011 23:54:04   
seventy two

stealth 4/10 rolls is not 'quite a lot' that is only counting things like both the Zargon loot and all the Jobs as 1 thing

Power Cells
Cure Syszero
Starship Parts
Bomb Squad

I believe that is it.

< Message edited by seventy two -- 1/1/2011 23:55:10 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 430
1/2/2011 0:04:50   
stealthwings
Helpful

I am pretty sure that rep is required to advance the story. And you are forgetting the zargon rolls, find a mecha part and rescue the heroes.

The hospital has plot in it. It is not required to advance rest of the story though.
DF MQ  Post #: 431
1/2/2011 0:12:31   
Hellsoarer

I am at the end of the storyline (so far) and I didnt do Zargon Rolls
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 432
1/2/2011 0:24:52   
Selutu
Constructive

How about Planet 51?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 433
1/2/2011 0:26:25   
stealthwings
Helpful

@Hellsoarer
You either have an extremely bad memory, or skipped zargon. Zargon requires a lot of rolls to find mecha parts and rescue superheroes.
DF MQ  Post #: 434
1/2/2011 0:37:48   
Selutu
Constructive

There where 30 Zargon Rolls needed for the story.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 435
1/2/2011 0:41:46   
Hellsoarer

I didnt "skip" Zargon, I simply did not do it because I DIDNT NEED TO FOR THE STORYLINE
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 436
1/2/2011 0:44:52   
stealthwings
Helpful

Zargon is a part of the storyline.
DF MQ  Post #: 437
1/2/2011 1:04:45   
forumlogin

@Hellsoarer
Clearly you missed the parts when you used the Galactimecha. Twice, once against a Dracolich and once against the Harvester.
Or got super-Selina's aid in the Westion War.
Or basically gained them as allies in general.
DF MQ  Post #: 438
1/2/2011 3:22:06   
emethyst

... You need rolls if you want to gain access to shops with non-rare equipment, you know.

EDIT: I mean those jobs that need stat rolls to be promoted and unlock shops, like Specific Hospital or that training one in Yokai.

They really need to change the ad for MQ in DF's Ballyhoo. It's awful IMO. Doesn't show the really awesome graphics you can get in MQ, doesn't tell you one bit about the storyline, and gives false advertisement :p

< Message edited by emethyst -- 1/2/2011 6:11:48 >
DF MQ  Post #: 439
1/2/2011 13:02:41   
Lord Kashmir

I don't mind the rolls because most of the time it's only a couple of fights to get there anyway. What bothers me is how dull the fights are. Most enemies don't have anything to special going on and the ones that do just usually have a stunner or DoT effect. If the majority of the time I had to choose what attacks I used depending on the fight, I would find combat much more enjoyable. As it is, I can win most of my fights just by doing the same attack order over and over.
Post #: 440
1/2/2011 13:12:34   
stealthwings
Helpful

I agree, we need more challenging enemies. Like the ones on necryptos, you need to use different things there.
DF MQ  Post #: 441
1/2/2011 14:46:09   
master mix

Staff
Staff
Staff
Staff
Staff
Staff
Staff
Staff
Staff

And let me think...

MORE STAFF!!!

That would make things better.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 442
1/2/2011 16:51:34   
CleverUserName

quote:

I agree, we need more challenging enemies. Like the ones on necryptos, you need to use different things there.

I think we need a secondary "zone" where SC's can battle advanced-level enemies, the kind that require actual strategizing to compete, like AQ's Arena.
DF MQ  Post #: 443
1/2/2011 17:00:20   
XxArchfiendChaosxX
Banned

@forumlogin you forgot the "XxxX"es in my username :P
and when i said gigantic releases,i didnt exactly mean the wars,i meant more of the storyline releases and a few big fun releases every now and then

*EDIT*
forgot that forgot has no space inbetween it

< Message edited by XxArchfiendChaosxX -- 1/2/2011 17:04:52 >

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 444
1/2/2011 18:52:56   
forumlogin

BTW, Energy Blade classes need a serious revamp.
Most boring and discouraging thing in MQ, IMO, even worse than Yokai.

@stealth
XD
I will fight you on that point for the rest of my life, I believe.
Stronger is fine. Necryptos level is not.

@Hellsoarer
Because clearly everyone has the benefit of having access to rare items.
Or, in other words, you're clearly missing the point--this is about the game, not you.

@Clever
Einhander agrees with you. :P
I don't think it's a bad idea, especially since it's rather weird to me to list SCMMs as the primary reason for upgrading.

@ArchfiendChaos
I didn't forget it, I'm too lazy to include it. ;)
And those would definitely be good.
Even better if they're not rare, and even better than that if they're not wars. <3
I like how you include BFRs (Big Fun Releases). Every once in a while, it probably wouldn't be too bad to release some other zone that doesn't really pertain to the storyline, just for fun. :D
DF MQ  Post #: 445
1/2/2011 19:36:53   
Hellsoarer

quote:

clearly everyone has the benefit of having access to rare items.

If everyone can access rares then they would get more weapons/mechas and if everyone can access rares then THEY WOULD IMPROVE THE GAME considering more people could get what they want
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 446
1/2/2011 19:54:10   
BumFoolingGuy

Should release more stand-alone back shoulders to fill up the back shoulder gaps and non-rare enough to buy at the shops

Yea the Energy Blade needs a revamp(A local high lvl energy blade shop(used for energy blade fights and the Master there also needs some pocket change as well
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 447
1/2/2011 19:56:40   
stealthwings
Helpful

@Hellsoarer
Not everyone can access rares. Anyone who joins after they go rare cannot access them.
@Forumlogin
What if they made an SC-only challenge thing which was necryptos power level? Would that be OK? The thing Clever just said, having necryptos power.

I think they should make another mode. A mode which was designed to be completely impossible for nonrares. If they made a mode with twice the HP and EP of extreme, then people with rares could play on that for a challenge, and people with nonrares could play on extreme for a challenge.

Currently, the most recent planet, yokai, is easy on extreme mode with rares, and challenging but beatable on extreme mode by nonrares. On normal, it is laughably easy with rares, and easy with nonrares. If they made another mode, then everyone would have a challenge, and nobody would feel it was too hard.

Also, they should make extreme mode available to NSCs. They have rares as well.
DF MQ  Post #: 448
1/2/2011 21:14:41   
Moon Raven

Also, they should make extreme mode available to NSCs. They have rares as well.

So that free players would have even fewer reasons to upgrade to Star Captain?
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 449
1/2/2011 21:17:35   
forumlogin

@Hellsoarer
You make me laugh sometimes.
If everyone had access to rares, then they wouldn't rare, would they?
They would be nonrare.
Please, please think through what you say sometimes. :(

@stealth
I wouldn't say Yokai was easy with nonrares. :P
I can't comment on its difficulty level at Extreme, since I haven't fought those, though.
It doesn't help that I only saved rare stuff for my SC friend. XD
DF MQ  Post #: 450
Page:   <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: MQ's Low Popularity
Page 18 of 21«<1617181920>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition