Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: MQ's Low Popularity

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: MQ's Low Popularity
Page 3 of 21«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/20/2010 11:03:48   
Diark

I don't think the Interface will take a long time to do(If the staff decide to do it).Lets see Why:

1.The Interface base is already available at the moon(If they use that one as a base).

2.They also managed to block out people who haven't done the Prereqiustes to go to yokai so i don't think that fitting in the Quest Chain will be a problem.I also have to include that Korin mentioned that the new Campus Mail release will contain the quests that have to be finished by the player in order to reach yokai.

3.Since they also have the buttons and reason 2 they probably could just link the Quests to the Interface(Unless they want to do something fancy which IMO is not needed)

The only problem now is fitting in some kind of Achivement/Badges feature.This could be done later as it is not necessary(IMO) to attract people to MQ.Anyways even if they don't do the interface(I see no reason why they shouldn't) the Battle Menu will surely be able to make battles seem more intresting.

< Message edited by Diark -- 5/20/2010 12:13:00 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 51
5/20/2010 11:25:41   
margus20000

1. In MQ Level Farming is very Hard...
2. Ranking, where you need role 80 or more, that's hard...
3. Battleing with Human vorm is almost pointless (For Now)
4. Dosen't have very interesting story and week realises, like in DF and in AQW...

DF  Post #: 52
5/20/2010 11:34:20   
Diark

@margus20000
1.That might be a problem.

2.What is the problem with that?.Quests don't start with a role of 80 or more.It is usually for those who are goning to finish ranking up.

3.Have you played the new releases?.

4.Seriously,you guys don't follow anything.The Story and Content are FINE.The only problem now is the Gameplay.What story does AQW have?.Chaos Lords show up at random and you go beat them.I won't call that a story.BTW the Staff of MQ are going without an extra coder now.It is an accomplishment that they even do weekly releases!.

EDIT:There are hundreds of ways that can improve the Style of MQ which are currently present in MQ.Where do you guys think i got the ideas for the new Battle Screen and the Interface from?.A text message i received a few days back kinda inspired me:

As you guys we tend to see things improve by thinking something Big and unique while even the smallest of things which may seem trivial and not too important can make big differences. And to let you guys know i actually got the idea of the battle screen while i was Day dreaming in Class.MQ can be improved by so much if you guys could think what could be done by the things which it has rather than things it doesn't have.Also to add to this thread,the Buttons should be altered a little bit.Maybe to something more Techy and with a some Nails.

< Message edited by Diark -- 5/28/2010 0:41:47 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 53
5/20/2010 12:42:45   
Ophylia

I play all 3, AQW is the boring one.

I think it's because they would rather play a... medieval game instead of a sci-fi game.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 54
5/20/2010 12:59:21   
skyvolt666

Quite honestly MQ has a much better storyline (And one that is easier to figure out) then any of the other games, besides maybe AQWorlds. (Having people around all the time that you can ask about the story makes it pretty easy to figure it out.)

I have played DF on and off for a couple years now, and I still have no clue what the storyline is supposed to be. MQ you hop on and the quest are right there in order for the most part, which makes it incredibly easy to play.

I think the thing that is effecting the popularity is the over complication the new players see at the beginning. They just want to hop on and spam a button to win, and at the beginning that works. Then they try and do the new releases, and the enemies slaughter them (Think what Piotr or the Castle would do to a Newbatron) which makes them give up on the game thinking that it is too hard. Putting a quest block on Yokia was one of the best thing that MQ has ever done.
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 55
5/20/2010 13:04:17   
Pyronix15

Ok, before I rantify this thread, I do not play df, aq, or ep, mq was not my first ae game, but its the only one I've stuck with so far.

First of all, putting makeup on game to get more players is appalling.....why not put that energy into more content?

Second of all, mechquest is getting less and less players because of a few things.

A)The staff have left.

Warlic was the last member of the original AE team working on mechquest....and he left. I believe mechquest is entirely run by former forum staff execpt for korin.....and thats a disgusting over site on artix's part. Sorry korin, I believe you try hard and I know you're an awesome coder/designer, but AE needs to fess up to what there doing. The fact that warlic left to work on a mini game for the master account system clearly shows MQ is at the bottom of the rut. The signs are everywhere, no more Wednesday releases, Planet zones are getting smaller, Friday releases are getting smaller, as a matter of fact the only thing that's getting bigger are the bugs Mae seems to be squashing.....

It really proves how loyal players are that not a single person complained about Fridays release, and I commend the players for not making Korin feel like he's fighting an up hill battle. Sometimes I wish he would'ny read the forums so much due to the general feeling of mq's content as of late.

B)The S.O.O.N list

This list is getting ridiculously large. We still need farming grounds for high levels (SO SICK OF K&S/DONTEI), not to mention the new extreme challenges. And that's just the bigger things. There's still.....let me just quote this,.....

quote:

Revival project
Rebalancing project
K&S
Major Steele's quest chain
Zargon comics
Re-engineering the Energy Blade mechanics
Allowing the new ammo weapons to change ammo type mid-battle
MQ Soundtrack CD
Hiring a crew for SC starships
Mercenaries/Armadas
Online comic w/ ShadowScythe backstory
GEARS store for people who passed the classes
Gark/Lagos/Arthuria Post Mortem
Necryptos Post Mortem
Crow's Nook

DA/Guardian Mecha Thanks to Einwill, and I think someone else
House Missions Credits to someone else, though Drakyloid said it again
Flag Sets Just remembered someone offered this, don't remember who
Next house artifacts Kudos to orrthehunter
TA positions Thx Drakyloid, not going to include graduation because the staff haven't promised it yet
The caped mecha To Darkling, though I do think the big guy said he's going to make it eventually
C-Mail revamp Thanks, astro999
Paying SCs for starship flight Again, thanks to astro999
Transforming starships Cred to elijahsolo
Sniping class skyvolt666 gets credit for this one
Vehicles Sorry Griffin, Runer got it first
Uber Combo Mecha Though happy since it's not around to break balance, it deserves a mention. Credit to cool jason.
Fullscreen button Wow, Tero :D
Name changes Wonderful quotes, Tero
The next SC Extreme Challenge Quoth runer, though I think someone else mentioned it
Updated K&S Challenge Credit for this one goes to arny

all of that. And the staff keeps adding to that to boot. I understand the story line needs progression, but this is again where my under staffed point comes into play.

C)To much repetitiveness

This one explains it self. On the new planet, I have to kill the same single enemy over....and over ......and over again. Not a good idea. The again, if you hadn't done that, I would've beaten the release in 5 minutes.

All in all, I'm an avid fan of mq, and its my very favorite game out of all of ae's games. To this day I still check mq's release before aqws. Please korin, I hope you march right up to the lab and demand more funding/staff for mq, it has so much potential.

< Message edited by Pyronix15 -- 5/20/2010 13:44:59 >

Your signature has been fired

Maximum signature size is 500px by 100px and 50kb.

~Kosefira
AQ MQ  Post #: 56
5/20/2010 13:21:23   
Diark

Hmmm.....Ive got a quest idea for the Intro Shuttte after Sword Fighting Revamp becomes universal.You guys do know the door that opens and us escaping right?.Well ive got an idea that might work for new players.Lets say that the grappler doesn't grab the player and he/she accidentaly lands on an asteroid with an ShS pilot.He/She recieves a transmission from Sys-zero who is explaining about the mechanics of swordfighting and we obviously win.Then Sys-zero comments on about our winning and tells us we have have a good future in G.E.A.R.S.This quest will also fit in with the Landing scene where Warlic says that the player has potential.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 57
5/20/2010 13:24:43   
Draciane

as sad as it is, Pyronix15 is mostly right. We lost Cysero for the evil AQW ourself at DF (I'm mainly a DF player who side-track from time to time on MQ), but at least we kept most of our core in Rolith, Geopetal and Ghost, that are there since I started playing, and Alina & Tomix are also great addition...But in MQ, I have been able to see all the changes since the beginning (being a Founder and all), and I must say it was one heck of a ride when it comes to staff members entering and leaving the game...The loss of Warlic was indeed a very fatal hit...Korin is doing a superb job, but we clearly need more coder to achieve all the goals MQ have. I don't feel like AQW is as worth it as MQ (mind you, I hate MMORPG, that may be why), they should go there, and kidnap some of their coders to fully work on MQ ...if only I could code flash...I'm a coder in real life, but working for web-development and Windows application. I know tons of language (main one being C#)...but not flash unfortunately. If I was not such a lazy person, I could try and learn it at home after the job (it shouldn't be too hard since most coding language share the same structure), but I just feel to drained after my day...

< Message edited by Draciane -- 5/20/2010 13:26:25 >

Draciane's Accomplishments in DragonFable
- My Phantasy Star Collection
DF  Post #: 58
5/20/2010 13:29:26   
Diark

Guys rather than complaining about the strength of MQ's staff suggesting something that could that change the outlook of the game being "complicated" would be useful.

< Message edited by Diark -- 5/20/2010 13:30:14 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 59
5/20/2010 13:35:26   
Draciane

I don't think changing the battle interface is really what we need to attract new players. Overall, it will only please the existing players base, as the newer one would not notice the difference. What we need, I already talked about it previously Less grinding...way less. And less repetition in quest (no more do the same thing 100 times). To compensate for this loss in playtime caused by less repetition, we then need more actual story release with actual new content...and unfortunately for that we indeed really need more staff I guess. So in my case, it's not a complain, just an obesrvation. If it offended anyone I'm truly sorry.
DF  Post #: 60
5/20/2010 13:37:14   
Burning Skies

I agree with everything Pyronix15 has said. The worst problem with MQ, in my humble opinion, is that the amount of staff is small. A few staff members from DF and MQ have been put on AQW, Cysero being one of them. I'm not too sure about Warlic, though. Since AQW is AE's biggest cash-cow expect to see some other subtle things happening, like smaller releases on AE's first three games (AQ, DF, and MQ) and larger ones on AQW. On some weeks this is already happening, sadly. If you look closely at the numbers of players, MQ has the least. So it makes sense to take MQ staff members and put them on AQW, after all AQW likely has the most players (due to very good advertising campaigns and even a TV commercial), the most profit (thanks to monthly Membership) and the most attention. That's normal for any for-profit buisness though so I can't blame AE.

We must also factor that with smaller releases the amount of players for MQ will drop. Most likely these people will go to one of AE's other games or just leave AE in general, thus making MQ look less attractive and AQW very interesting, because of the bigger releases.

MQ is the best AE game and has the potential to be one of the best games online if it is advertised more and has more staff members, which, in turn make the releases bigger and attract more players. Sadly though it seems that's not the case.

To add on to Pyronix's post even the most loyal players will leave if the going gets too rough.

< Message edited by Pyragma -- 5/20/2010 13:41:05 >
Post #: 61
5/20/2010 13:52:50   
Diark

@Draciane-Im not just saying about the Interface.Look at my last suggestion,does it have anything to do with the interface?.We have to change the general outlook of MQ of a new player.

@Pyragma-Yes AQW has drained the resources of MQ but still it can bounce back if we can put our mind to it.Let's say a new AQW player plays MQ and feels that it is worth playing.He Could spread the word in AQW making more players.

Also i have another suggestion that could change the new players intrest.You guys know that we reach the Mecha Combat 101 class late everytime right.A cutscene showing our Legs racing to class would be nice and changing our expression after seeing that we are a few seconds late with a grade system would be good.When we finish all the class our total is A++.EDIT:In the cutscene we could ask Aleysia to be more lenient and the screen zooms to her eyes staring and the dunce cap loads.

@Staff-Could you guys add the Katana Mech to the Shuttle since new players will be disappointed at not being able to buy a Mech with more EP regen at the same price and level if they bought the NewbatronV1337 first(This is highly possible because it is only mech available there at level 3).

< Message edited by Diark -- 5/20/2010 13:57:41 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 62
5/20/2010 13:58:47   
Pyronix15

Attracting new players won't do any thing if they leave once they hit level 10.

You don't seem to see the problem, its just getting new players that makes a game great, its keeping them.
AQ MQ  Post #: 63
5/20/2010 14:01:44   
Diark

@Pyronix15-Actually 1-10 are the training levels.Players begin the Storyline quest chain after 10.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 64
5/20/2010 14:06:00   
Pyronix15

And that's where the extreme grinding begins.

I was a level 12 free player when syzero went corrupt and we had to fight him.....spent 4 and a half hours trying to beat him with my wolf blade mecha.

Finally won after I got lucky and his DoT didn't hit me, plus I got the stun off with my hammer. This was before mechs even had body attacks btw....XD
AQ MQ  Post #: 65
5/20/2010 14:08:59   
Diark

Yeah i remember that one...............kinda stopped playing MQ for a while after i continuosly failed 8 stats rolls in the Find a Cure missions.

EDIT:Hey guys i was thinking maybe we should get some farming specific quests since the other AE games have some type of Quest or Drop to get Exp and Money other than by Farming and Ballyhoo.AQ has its sunken treasure and DF,AQW have drop which sell for money.K&S is outdated.

< Message edited by Diark -- 5/20/2010 14:15:52 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 66
5/20/2010 14:18:30   
Beradrin

I recently re-started MechQuest and honestly, the only thing that I don't like is the time that takes to level up (probably because I'm more of a causal player). Even at level 9 (wich is the level I'm at) it takes a lot of time. Despite this, MechQuest has something that AQWorlds, for example, should have since its beginning: level requirements to certain places(I don't know if AQ, WF or ED have them, because I don't like the gameplay on those games). DragonFable, my absolute favorite AE game, even has level requirements for a class.
AQW  Post #: 67
5/20/2010 14:30:10   
Diark

Maybe the Staff should increase the Rewards per battle.Grinding seems to be the major complaint............
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 68
5/20/2010 14:48:49   
Beradrin

I think that the credits are fine, its just the experience that seems to be really low.
AQW  Post #: 69
5/20/2010 14:52:29   
Diark

Well IMO both need to be increased.It Averages about 20 battles for a level 40 to buy a normal weapon.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 70
5/20/2010 15:11:29   
mechquestlord
Banned

true that. otherwise (for example) i missed the maypril fools mech cause i had terrible credits. others will miss ultra-rares they easilly could have gotten unless credits and level experience earning are increased!
MQ  Post #: 71
5/20/2010 15:14:20   
Diark

@mechquestlord-Missing the Maypril Mecha IS partially your fault as well.The staff DID announce the Credits for them about 3 days or so before the release.You should really check the DNs.

< Message edited by Diark -- 5/20/2010 15:15:06 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 72
5/20/2010 15:25:23   
megakyle777

I agree with Pyronix. MQ needs more people. I mean, surely the AQW team is overstaffed with people who you could borrow?
DF  Post #: 73
5/20/2010 15:32:16   
runer

quote:

I agree with Pyronix. MQ needs more people. I mean, surely the AQW team is overstaffed with people who you could borrow?

The problem is , according to Mae , Blues is in a holiday , warlic is working on Bladeheaven , and the only 2 senior staff in MQ are Korin and Maegwyn , the rest are either new , or needs some time to fill the gap , this reduces the releases efficiency , which result in making the game less attractive .

I am not saying MQ is bad , but it lack's experienced staff as well lacking staff as a whole *.

*This in no way disrespect the abilities and work that guys like Personator , Char , Jemini (Wait a second .... aint' jemi a semi-senior staff that works basically on AQW?) Vivi (Seriously .... vivi ! i would always go with PF555) and the rest of the guys , they all did great job on the recent releases , the only thing they need is experience , and that come's with time .
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 74
5/20/2010 15:34:08   
Diark

Looks like im outnumbered.It is logic that AQW is the one with More staff member since it is main revenue generator for AE.But still MQ has the most potential out of all AE games,even more than DF................

EDIT:At above:Ah finally a supporter.

< Message edited by Diark -- 5/20/2010 15:36:03 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: MQ's Low Popularity
Page 3 of 21«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition