Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Book of Sci-Fi! discussion thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> RE: Book of Sci-Fi! discussion thread
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/21/2010 10:04:03   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Reflections of the City by Cow Face

Deus Ex Machina by Red Blizzard

Edit, a second story.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 51
9/22/2010 10:30:34   
Red Blizzard
Lv. 100

Reflections amazed me with how...simple it was. And how true it could be. Most people wouldn't have even stayed to watch the whole train of images though...probably would have left and come back to look at themselves when everything they didn't want to see had already passed. Still, an amazing story, could be set anywhere, at any time, in any place.

And my first story is up :3
DF  Post #: 52
9/23/2010 1:50:42   
BadHulk

Red Blizzard, did you base the story on the games Deus Ex?

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 53
9/24/2010 9:00:52   
Red Blizzard
Lv. 100

0.o Read it, then tell me. I never played the game, just borrowed the term "Deus Ex Machina" from the Literary term for a contrived ending. Greeks came up with the name after some playwright dropped an actor onto the stage by crane in order to interrupt the natural flow of the storyline and bring an abrupt end to the play.
DF  Post #: 54
9/24/2010 10:21:07   
BadHulk

Mmm.. the title IS about the game Deus Ex. You kinda make decisions based on some opportunities. Like this man used to did. But I didn't get the point: Did he die yes or no o.O
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 55
9/24/2010 14:45:40   
Reaper Sigma

I've only had time to read...Cow Face's? I forget who's it was. But it was a good story.

I stay true to my word, three stories from me before October ends. All of them have been completed. Unfortunately, I won't be able to write a story for this book.
Post #: 56
9/24/2010 14:59:20   
Eukara Vox

Before Noon by Verlyrus

More to come

Two Poems by balubamboto

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 9/24/2010 15:04:52 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 57
9/27/2010 9:23:11   
BadHulk

The Status Quo poem was nice. Still have to read the other one ;)

Red the other one. Nice rhyming. But I did see 1 thing though: Its(in the 2nd poem), shouldn't it be It's?

< Message edited by BadHulk -- 9/27/2010 16:53:39 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 58
9/28/2010 0:22:46   
Red Blizzard
Lv. 100

Before Noon was one of those "gotcha" pieces. Started off ordinary, kinda devolved, then got something out in the left field right at the end. But the casual way it ended was so much colder than it would have been otherwise...I got chills just reading how careless the guy at the end was. Not my kind of story, but well-written in its own special little way.

The two poems were good as well, but it's hard to capture the jarring imagery of a Sci-Fi world with rhyme and reason in it. The way the poems were written made me almost believe otherwise.
DF  Post #: 59
9/29/2010 0:19:40   
Eukara Vox

Legs by Red Blizzard

Working on more.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 60
9/30/2010 5:56:32   
BadHulk

Blizzard: That was a really nice story. I really enjoyed it.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 61
9/30/2010 11:00:37   
Eukara Vox

My gosh... it is already the 30th.

Deadline is tonight midnight for me, which is 1 hour behind server time. IF you are very very close to being done, but are afraid you won't make deadline, please drop me a note and we will negotiate. I don't want anyone to be left out if you've been working.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 62
9/30/2010 11:31:34   
BadHulk

Good luck everyone who still needs to enter their submission
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 63
9/30/2010 18:10:31   
Reaper Sigma

Got my story for the Book of Darkness prepped and ready. Hey Euky, can I submit it now?
Post #: 64
10/1/2010 12:48:30   
BadHulk

Can't wait to see more pieces from this ;D
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 65
10/1/2010 14:16:11   
  Master Samak
Productive!
Steward Leprechaun
L&L

@Reaper0001,

If you so desire, then yes. You are allowed to submit your entry to the forthcoming Book of Darkness project, and we will find a place for it now.

However, keep well in mind that the Legends and Lore staff is still in the process of reviewing the last entries to the Book of Science-Fiction, as well as finalizing their intermission/epilogue entries to the current project. Because of this, your submission will likely be held in stasis until we actually choose to release the October book project.

And, as always, please be sure to have double-checked your submission piece so that it is in the best condition possible to be reviewed. Many thanks!
AQ DF  Post #: 66
10/2/2010 6:41:49   
MonsterMike9000

October 2nd. Too late to add anything. Too late to begin anything.
AQ  Post #: 67
10/2/2010 12:32:50   
Reaper Sigma

I suppose I can wait. I don't want to add to the burden on the shoulder's of our staff.
Post #: 68
10/2/2010 13:30:22   
Red Blizzard
Lv. 100

Hehe, just sit back, read what's coming out in the Sci-Fi book, and send in your stories at a later date. I'll be finishing my first Darkness story in a few days, might send that in then. Hopefully sci-fi will be finished before long, it's been a rough month.
DF  Post #: 69
10/2/2010 17:23:02   
Eukara Vox

Purpose and Design by Eukara Vox

Graduating Class of 3025 by alexmacf

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 10/2/2010 18:04:24 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
10/2/2010 20:10:19   
Red Blizzard
Lv. 100

Purpose and Design was a bit confusing at first, and it was hard to make sense of what was going on other than the reference to Io on Jup'tr. But it was well-written, so much that at times it even creeped me out a bit...just watching how both sides changed. Once I got everything, it became even creepier...almost like Reflections of the City, but in a much different way. Still, while the concept bugged me, the way it was written came out nicely. Great writing!

Graduating class also interested me. It captured the dreams and aspirations, and the envy and jealousy, of anyone in a graduating class as they reflect on where they've come so far. Could have been set in any place and any time, but the fact that it was in the future added a nice twist to it. Job well done!
DF  Post #: 71
10/3/2010 16:39:46   
Eukara Vox

To be honest, you are supposed to be confused at the beginning, as what is going on is supposed to be a mystery. The story is meant to string you along until the end when it is revealed just what is going on. I wanted to concentrate on Dramathea's quick education and then the realisation of what her mission is ultimately made of.

Also... See if you can get the significance to the ancestor's name: Junius Anax Aeshni

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 10/3/2010 17:28:16 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
10/3/2010 20:09:18   
Red Blizzard
Lv. 100

Dragonfly Goddess indeed XD You've done some pretty wordplay throughout the story, always alluding and implicit, almost never forthright and plain. I'm still rereading the story to catch all that I missed at first.
DF  Post #: 73
10/5/2010 15:13:45   
BadHulk

We got 2 books running now. Whats up with the entry's here. Still being reviewed?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 74
10/5/2010 22:43:23   
  Master Samak
Productive!
Steward Leprechaun
L&L

@BadHulk,

The remaining entries for the Book of Science Fiction are still being held under revision status, yes. At this point in time, all of the entries have been adequately reviewed and will be published shortly.

We are currently working through a slight hindrance regarding the intermission and epilogue collaborations by Eukara Vox and the Legends and Lore ArchKnights. The length and depth of such collaborations are being inspected closely, so that we may stay true to the Books' storyline, but we are working with haste to finish.

To you all we extend our sincerest apologies for this delay. We do feel rather excited about what we are trying to do, and we can only hope that you will be as excited once all is completed.
AQ DF  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> RE: Book of Sci-Fi! discussion thread
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition