Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Cursors: How to? - Paint and IconArt

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> Cursors: How to? - Paint and IconArt
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/9/2010 6:38:11   
kipperkin

Cursors - FAQ

Contents:

1)Programs
1a)Paint
1b)IconArt
1c)What is a .cur file?
1d)How can I use pictures as cursors?
1e)Mediafire and uploading?

2) How to make?

1) Programs

1a) Paint
Paint is a free designing package that is created my Microsoft and comes with any Windows package. The best program for computer art, but this is one you'll need to make cursors.

1b) IconArt
Another free program you need to make cursors. This one will enable you to save the file as a cursor and some edits before you save it as .cur. Download link!.

1c) What is a .cur file?
A file type that is used to used for cursors. This file type isn't supported by any designer package (I know of) except IconArt (maybe others). This is the file type that you save it in and use to use it as a cursor.

1d) How can i use downloaded pictures as cursors?
Just download any random picture. To make it fit, you'll need to shrink it to 28x28 pix, IMO, because the image size you need is 32x32. To resize it, you'll need a little program called an Image resizer.

1e) Mediafire and uploading?
Mediafire is an online file host. This - I think - is the only one you can use.

2) How to?

How do we make a cursor? This is how!

1. Open paint (or two paint programs if you want to make the cursor out from a picture), and IconArt.

2 (optional). If you're making it out of a picture, resize that picture to 28x28 px.

3. Click "new" on Paint and reduce the size to 32x32. Open a thumbnail of that so you can actually see what you're doing. Then Magnify it ALOT! That's why you need the thumbnail.

4. Draw a little arrow at the top left corner like so.

5 (optional). If you're using a picture copy and paste it into the image with the arrow. This is what it'll look like:

6. If not, just draw a picture in that space.

7. Then click "Select >> Select all >> Copy"

8. Now open up IconArt and click that small button.

Then select "Import from Clipboard >> OK"

9. You'll have something like:

10. Then follow the steps in this picture (just forget the Green background, for that read next step):

11. Then fill in all the white little squares with that colour.

12. After you've filled all the white squares you need to click that button:

13. Now test it out!

Post your results here!

< Message edited by kipperkin -- 9/9/2010 7:01:29 >
DF  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> Cursors: How to? - Paint and IconArt
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition