Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Vaguely Vorpal

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> RE: Vaguely Vorpal
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/19/2011 9:41:37   
Formorri

You know, you kinda remind me of Wrym.

Both of you use markers as a colouring medium. Both of you have your own stylized artwork. Both of you have an affinity for a specific body part (Wrym has his tentacles and you with your...muscles)

But most importantly, both of you are unique and great at what you do. Keep up the good work Solar.

DF  Post #: 26
10/13/2011 17:27:16   
Solar Boy
Vorpal Edges Biggest Fan!

Thanks guys! :D

@flamingknight11: It's not just you. :P

@Formorri: Comparing me to Wyrm¿! You flatter me!

speaking of ...muscles

Vorpal On! ...hehe :>

< Message edited by Solar Boy -- 12/19/2011 18:43:12 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 27
12/19/2011 18:47:48   
Solar Boy

As per usual, I'm overdue for an update..

Ambrosia
AQ AQW  Post #: 28
12/19/2011 18:53:47   
Master K

...Is he holding a Chezburger?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
12/19/2011 22:10:38   
Glais

Very impressive things you have here :D So professional looking and smooth. Can't really give C&C since your stuff's on a whole other level of my own, wouldn't know where to start.
Keep it up!

Ah but it looks like everything is colored with marker, what kind do you use? I've always wanted to use color but it never turned out so well before...

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 12/19/2011 22:15:11 >
DF MQ  Post #: 30
12/20/2011 15:01:10   
Wyrm
How We Roll Winner
Mar15

Lol that's about how I feel( and occasionally look) when McDonald's has their McRibb sammich!!! Why is it so delicious?! WHYYYYYYY?!?!?! I love your colouring as usual SB, I really like it on the previous drawing "speaking of...muscles." The layered colours always appeals to me very much, to bad the figured wasn't some grotesque monster. Why did you decide to use Khloe Kardashian as your reference anyway? :P

Art On!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 31
5/11/2012 23:48:36   
Solar Boy

Hi. I'm still alive. I've not got any new content, per se, but I do have a re-upload of something which seems to have gone missing, a few ancient contest entries, and some other neat things.

Here we go!

Green Guy re-uploaded - I'm guessing nobody noticed the link to this guy was dead since my gallery isn't exactly the most lively place. Anyway, there is it! :D

Movie Poster Contest Entry - This was forever ago. I thought it was funny so I'm posting it. The names in the credits are all forumbros from ages ago.

AQW House Contest Entry - Are screenshots an art form? Who can say. I thought this was clever, so here it is.

Cat avatar for Kain - You might've seen Kain wearing this around a while ago. Probably not though. Anyway, I made it. :D

Worm piece pre-postwork - This one's actually pretty recentish! It's the hand-drawn portion of my submission for the 2012 Worm Project.

Edit: Whoop.

@mrbk - Yes indeedy. ;D

@glaisaurus_x - Thankies! I use Sharpies. They're not amazing but they get the job done. I'd recommend trying out Prismacolors or Copics if you've got the funds.

@Wyrmy - <3 I'm sure there will be more grotesque monsters down the pipeline before long. @_@

< Message edited by Solar Boy -- 5/16/2012 23:28:34 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 32
5/12/2012 3:35:33   
Glais

quote:

I'd recommend trying out Prismacolors or Copics if you've got the funds.

Yeah Wyrm recommended/uses the same. i think they're a bit out of my price and skill range though, sharpies might work great. Thanks!

Also, that Screenshot was very clever. Nice.

And your two colored pieces are nice as ever.
DF MQ  Post #: 33
5/12/2012 23:33:58   
Solar Boy

Cheers. :D

Aaaaand here's some (mostly) new stuff!

Grenwog larger version - I said I'd post a larger version of this about a year ago. Better late than never!

Vertical mouth creature - Abandoned WiP :<

Buff - It's a buff monster guy. No color for a change. o:

Zebra 2 - More of this kool dood.

Two decent-sized updates in two days. What is the world coming to?!

< Message edited by Solar Boy -- 5/12/2012 23:35:20 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 34
5/12/2012 23:41:48   
Razen

How does Buff even move!? xD

Anyways, I like the...I don't know if it's a comedic or exaggerated comic style, to be honest.

Grenwog larger version, that looks like concept art for a fighting game character.

Vertical mouth creature...must be a tad difficult for him to chew his food. xP

Zebra 2, this guy is simply amazing. His hair. His sword is made of the same thing as his hair. His hair can be a sword. *Mind explodes*
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
5/13/2012 2:36:07   
TheShadowed1
long cat r looong

I am still massively in love with you anatomy
it's like the good old school 80's hot rod art
never stop :D
maybe make me one, or do some line art for me to ink :D
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 36
5/13/2012 21:06:42   
Solar Boy

@Razen - Thanks! Regarding Buff and Vertical mouth creature: shhh. Form over function! I'm very sorry about your mind. :<

@Dylan - I think "funatomy" was the word you used. A collaboration of some sort sounds awesome. Let me get back to you on that.

Update:

skindeep
AQ AQW  Post #: 37
5/20/2012 8:16:19   
Solar Boy

My entry for the “Artix vs Sepulchure” and Zombies Art Contest!

I don't know anything about him and I can't pronounce his name to save my life, but Sepulchure sure does look awesome!
AQ AQW  Post #: 38
5/20/2012 10:31:32   
flamingknight11

I love it. I've always loved how you play with the lights and shadows to make it seem so 3D. And eventhough Seppy is such a dark character, you really made it work out even with such a bright palette.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 39
5/20/2012 15:36:51   
Glais

The colors are amazing! I do find the yellows a little weird but that seems to be your signature almost.

Also xD at "Come at me Bro!"
DF MQ  Post #: 40
5/20/2012 18:40:40   
Lady Aliella

Lovin' The Doctor is IN! I dunno. Maybe it's the green skin. Or the mask. I just like everything about it ^-^
Also, Zebra 2 is pretty awesome. The back arm may need an elbow though x) The part I really like is how the sword and the hair look like lava :)

I hope to see more colorful stuff from you soon!
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 41
5/30/2012 15:45:07   
Solar Boy

Thanks everyone! :D

Here's yet another WiP. I've not yet decided if I'm going to finish it or not. e.e
AQ AQW  Post #: 42
5/31/2012 13:45:20   
Crump

go forth and chicken nugget!

So yes, finish it
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 43
5/31/2012 17:36:47   
Solar Boy

D: When I get around to it. Maybe.

Here's something new and different: ED Account Security Contest Entry: OBEY LAWMAN

Yes, that's an "OBEY GIANT" parody. Dunno how happy I am with it, but it's something. :D
AQ AQW  Post #: 44
6/1/2012 2:19:01   
TheShadowed1
long cat r looong

in total seriousness, I need to get one of your pieces as a tattoo
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 45
6/4/2012 4:19:26   
PyroPuppy
Adorable!

Hey. I don't think I posted in your gallery yet, Whoops.
Anyway, the WIP is awesome. the drawn hand is pretty weird, but I guess that what happens when you are a huge monster. finish it.
I should check your gallery more, and I will!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 46
6/6/2012 0:00:43   
Solar Boy

<under construction>

< Message edited by Solar Boy -- 6/13/2012 21:07:17 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 47
6/6/2012 1:17:05   
Solar Boy

@Dylan - You flatter me. ;-;
@Pyro - Woop woop. Thanks dood.

Update:

Nightmare Set 3

Scanned kinda weird around the edges. I might fix that if I get around to it. Maybe.

edit: aaaand at Dylan's request, here's this cool guy with a full arm. Mind the seams.

Oh, and I fixed a broken link. :D

< Message edited by Solar Boy -- 6/6/2012 19:16:17 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 48
6/7/2012 11:11:55   
Wyrm
How We Roll Winner
Mar15

Ye Gawds! Solar Bay that Nightmare Set 3 is simply stunning! Please tell me you have a saved version of that clean line art prior to markering?! Speaking of which I have to say that the line work is very tight and well controlled and you've given the whole piece some wonderful personality, diggin' it mate, as usual.

Art On!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 49
6/8/2012 8:40:49   
Jecht Dracopyre
Original Hybrid

http://oi49.tinypic.com/29l0j01.jpg nuff said I knew you were talented but after looking though your work i'm going to have to come out of eternal lurk mode...i'm missing too much superb work
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> RE: Vaguely Vorpal
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition