Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Is MQ Dying II+How Can We Improve It?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Is MQ Dying II+How Can We Improve It?
Page 3 of 30«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/20/2010 15:21:17   
Mechajin
Constructively Friendly!

Everyone remember the Tek's Mech's advert for MQ? With the mecha that does what.. 32 hits in one combo? obviously that's a bit too overkill, but if 32 hits became ooh... 10 hits at 20% damage? thats 200% damage over 10 hits, each with a X% chance to miss, with missing ending the combo attack. And people are right about SCMM's looking the same, Steve skysplitter looks so similar to master blaster it's unbelievable.
@Stealthwings: A challenge fight would be nice, and your right about those evil buffs and nerfs... *sob*

OFF TOPIC:Speaking of SCMM's i would like a samurai SCMM... the blademaster was so underwhelming, it only had one proper slashing attack, All the rest were just rubbish.
EDIT: wasn't piotr the first necryptos boss? cause if he was he was pretty easy for me.

< Message edited by Mechajin -- 9/20/2010 15:22:26 >
DF  Post #: 51
9/20/2010 15:40:17   
stealthwings
Helpful

It was still amazing though, it was one of the few SCMM that could beat piotr. (being customized a lot though. Actually, there were 2 (or 3, depending on your definition of build) builds which used it, stunning, and cloverlock (2 variations of cloverlock, one of which was simply the first but without as many NGs))

And I meant EVERY fight would be a challenge fight (actually, every boss fight, not every minion fight). As in, just click the shiny button, and then every boss you fight gets a random doomed special/something similar.

Also, the staff said at one point that the combo mecha had been scrapped due to its OPness.

It kinda exists in the mohawk though, use all its weapons, then get amazing damage with the body.
DF MQ  Post #: 52
9/20/2010 17:45:44   
black knight 1234567

Actually, on teh S.O.O.N thread, Korin said Its doable, here Is my idea: Its when you have baout, 1-140 health left, you clik on the body, It opens a menu, you choose thw order of the combo and the weapons too use, It would be one of my FAVORITE mehcas.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 53
9/20/2010 19:38:54   
icemaster 77

I seriously think we should double the exp to the DF exp system.I go to some website who discussion about MQ and some comments says that I'm going to quit Mechquest because it's boring using the same weapon for a long time or I quitting MQ since it's boring.Now look at the players online in MQ,last year it was about 4000-5000 players,now it's 1500-2500 players online!

And we need to add a new revamp of the shuttle this year or these I'll see a decrease of players every week.

Go to this link if you want to hear Irish music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CewyTGQR9Pw
MQ AQW  Post #: 54
9/20/2010 19:43:41   
KzeroL

The Bad things that should end in MQ are:
Magic, since MechQuest is a game about advanced technology unlike AdventureQuest, DragonFable and the other AE games, if AE wants to put magic in MQ they should at least name the technology used to replicate AQ, DF,etc. magic effects and their power source.
The themed mechs, seriously, I can't see how those westion mechs can be more powerful than a "pure" mech like the Star Gladius or the Battle Hammer, giant robots should be built with its destructive power in mind, not with themes to make it more colorful or to match with some planet. And some mechs are so silly that shouldn't even be called mechs, like the Star Socker, BC-AOD, etc.
Another thing that should end are the themed planets (westion, yokai, necryptos, zargon[kinda]) since a civilization advanced enough to have a power source powerful enough to move a 100 story (?) giant robot with reasonable speed wouldn't live like those people on planet Yokai (whitch btw isn't on the star map) with structures barely 3-4 story tall, they would need at least one 100 story (?) tall building to assemble the mechs and some other giant structures to actually build them.
WEAPONS EFFECTS, one of the worst things are effects, they became so common since the beginning of MQ that a weapon is judged good or bad based on its effect and I think that each weapon should have a slot which you can buy some sort of trinket to attach to a weapon to add an effect relative to the type of attack, like an explosive weapon wouldn't be able to have an defensive ability, just like a TRUE shield (defense only, no damage) wouldn't be able to inflict a DOT on the enemy, etc.

We should have:
The story should at least have a chapter that involves the Star Strikers, which would be a great opportunity to explore the "pure" mechs, which focus only on destruction and keep a mechanical look, like the Star Gladius.
Upgradeable weapons, mentioned before, if in real life you can attach gadgets to increase weapons performance why can't we do the same in MQ, at least have a slot or 2 in some NON-DEFAULT weapon to add attack or defense depending on the weapon or shield, even special abilities.
One of the most important things: explain some of the technology, even if it's with typical sci-fi explanation at least it would make MQ more believable for Sci-fi fans.
More "pure" mechs (non-themed) explained before
More EXP, 2 or 3 times more as it takes a long time to level up
Cheaper Mechs or more credits per fight, just like EXP
Energy blade battles should have a bigger role in the game and give more credits and EXP

If I think of some more things that MQ should and shouldn't have I'll post later or edit this post

P.S I bet that no one will read this post entirely

P.S 2- proof that MQ is almost dead is that AE removed the MechQuest avatars from the forums

< Message edited by KzeroL -- 9/20/2010 19:51:10 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 55
9/20/2010 19:54:52   
Hellsoarer

quote:

The Bad things that should end in MQ are:

quote:

WEAPONS EFFECTS, one of the worst things are effects

quote:

We should have:

quote:

Cheaper Mechs or more credits per fight,

Shouldn't those be switched around?
Or is it just me?

quote:

P.S 2- proof that MQ is almost dead is that AE removed the MechQuest avatars from the forums

Do you know how to read? There was a Hardware crash.
If that is true then all the other games made by AE are dead.

< Message edited by Hellsoarer -- 9/20/2010 19:56:53 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 56
9/20/2010 19:55:53   
Kaiofsouls20

@KzeroL Well we do have some pure mechas. Some of the monthly mechas are pure. I'm not sure if the Kelvin Mecha is. Gifts as its shoulder weapons? Ridiculous. Adding gadgets to weapons would be nice. A simple mecha-sniper that can have a custom scope, and something to increase it's effectiveness. Well some of the themed mechas should exist though, like the Mogloween ones. And the April Fools? Remember the day is about foolery, which is the reason why the Socker series looks REALLY silly. BC I'm not going to say about. I can't trash talk about that mecha. Don't we have some mechas that have special abilities? Like the house mechas. So anyway non-themed mechas. We have some decent ones.
1.Mohawk
2.Warbear
3.Volt Thorn series
4.Newbatrons
5.Bladestorm
6.AC-490
And the list goes on....
P.S. Very good proof there. They took out the MQ avatars.

< Message edited by Kaiofsouls20 -- 9/20/2010 19:58:08 >
MQ AQW  Post #: 57
9/20/2010 19:57:31   
Gold

Hmm... Asking for cheaper mecha and more credits per fight would genearlly be an excuse for not handling credits properly. That is YOUR problem, not MQ's.

The way battles are done in MQ is that when you level up, you would have enough credits for at least one mecha of that level and other equipment.

And again, it was the forum's problem, not MQ's, that all the MQ avatars crashed and had to be taken out. They ARE trying to put the avatars back in.

< Message edited by gold -- 9/20/2010 19:59:47 >

I am Gold, for I am many.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 58
9/20/2010 20:01:20   
forumlogin

@gold
A little extra rewards never hurt anyone. :P
Not to mention it's fairly intimidating to look at a new mecha and see numbers like "130,000", "150,000", or the like staring back at you.

@glaisaurus somewhere far up
Actually, the Vul'Kharim priestess was cited as a reason by a member (Kuld or Watchman, I think it was) as Westion being lackluster, in that pretty much she was just a cardboard picture that gave out quests.
I'd like more character interaction, but the NPCs have to be interesting too.

@stealth
Maybe first put in non-rare mecha that can be used for challenges. >_>
DF MQ  Post #: 59
9/20/2010 20:07:27   
KzeroL

@Hellsoarer
quote:

There was a Hardware crash.
I didn't know about that, I'm not that active in the forums and since i only noticed that MQ's avatars were missing I supposed that AE removed on purpose

@gold
quote:

Asking for cheaper mecha and more credits per fight would genearlly be an excuse for not handling credits properly. That is YOUR problem, not MQ's.

The way battles are done in MQ is that when you level up, you would have enough credits for at least one mecha of that level and other equipment.
that's not my problem, I have plenty of credits, enough for some mechs and the factor that makes people quit MQ is the EXP problem and if AE increased the EXP drops they would have to increase credits too or make cheaper mechs so that the EXP/Credits ratio is kept.

Off topic:I'm going to sleep now
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 60
9/20/2010 20:07:55   
seventy two

quote:

Magic, since MechQuest is a game about advanced technology unlike AdventureQuest, DragonFable and the other AE games, if AE wants to put magic in MQ they should at least name the technology used to replicate AQ, DF,etc. magic effects and their power source.

While I do not necessarily disagree with this, it is a fantasy mech RPG so magis should not be surprising.
quote:

The themed mechs, seriously, I can't see how those westion mechs can be more powerful than a "pure" mech like the Star Gladius or the Battle Hammer, giant robots should be built with its destructive power in mind, not with themes to make it more colorful or to match with some planet. And some mechs are so silly that shouldn't even be called mechs, like the Star Socker, BC-AOD, etc.
Blame the power inflation for most of that.
quote:

Another thing that should end are the themed planets (westion, yokai, necryptos, zargon[kinda]) since a civilization advanced enough to have a power source powerful enough to move a 100 story (?) giant robot with reasonable speed wouldn't live like those people on planet Yokai (whitch btw isn't on the star map) with structures barely 3-4 story tall, they would need at least one 100 story (?) tall building to assemble the mechs and some other giant structures to actually build them.
This is a game with giant mechs piloted by college students, when did it every make sense?
quote:

WEAPONS EFFECTS, one of the worst things are effects, they became so common since the beginning of MQ that a weapon is judged good or bad based on its effect and I think that each weapon should have a slot which you can buy some sort of trinket to attach to a weapon to add an effect relative to the type of attack, like an explosive weapon wouldn't be able to have an defensive ability, just like a TRUE shield (defense only, no damage) wouldn't be able to inflict a DOT on the enemy, etc.
Weapon effects are the only reason the gameplay is interesting, after all most of use do not want copy and paste animation and abilities.

quote:

The story should at least have a chapter that involves the Star Strikers, which would be a great opportunity to explore the "pure" mechs, which focus only on destruction and keep a mechanical look, like the Star Gladius.
Your definition of pure is opinionated, also why the strikers the are hardly relevant to the plot.
quote:

Upgradeable weapons, mentioned before, if in real life you can attach gadgets to increase weapons performance why can't we do the same in MQ, at least have a slot or 2 in some NON-DEFAULT weapon to add attack or defense depending on the weapon or shield, even special abilities.
This would be incredibly difficult to program and the same effects can be accomplished with mods.
quote:

More EXP, 2 or 3 times more as it takes a long time to level up
As the numbers have shown it really does not take that long to level, combined with no need to be maxed level I find the idea of wanting more exp is just being lazy.
quote:

Cheaper Mechs or more credits per fight, just like EXP
I actually agree with this.
quote:

Energy blade battles should have a bigger role in the game and give more credits and EXP
Yes they should, and the rewards of recent Energy blade combat is good enough to warrant not increasing it.(See Necryptos)

AQ MQ  Post #: 61
9/20/2010 20:11:45   
forumlogin

@seventy two (decided to spell your name out instead of shortening it like you recommended :P)
Actually, Yokai has an explanation for its limited tech.
It actually had no tech until Jemini came along and gave it to the Gangs, which is why the original Yokai residents are unable to fight back--they don't have that kind of tech.
I like the idea of more EXP, if only because it'd make it more casual-friendly. :P
And we both agree on the credits/mecha pricing, so no issue there.
However, Energy Blades should be revamped before they become more common. Even now they're still more boring than a round of Ghosthunting. >_>
Their rewards have been increased, but the fights are so dull they seem to drag out longer.
DF MQ  Post #: 62
9/20/2010 20:20:05   
trans205

This may or may not be a big issue, but, I think that there should be an explanation of the item's effects in the shop window. If the item does not fit the player's style, then he/she would not lose 90% of the credits.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 63
9/20/2010 20:23:40   
seventy two

@FL(I guess I shall be shortening yours)

I know Yokai's excuse, but Necryptos does not really seem like the kind of place that could manage to create mech technology. (Seriously they do not even have a real town)
I am not necessarily opposed to more exp, a small boost of 10- 30%(1.1 and 1.3 ) would not be terrible, but the idea of 1.5- 3.0x the current rewards is over kill.
The credit problem is only truly terrible until 25 after it slowly starts to fix itself, so a full increase in rewards in not necessary, but with MQ's sheer amount of rares it is a good idea
I was assuming that the fights will be revamped shortly and could then become more prevalent.
Yes they are dull, this is also why I believe my NGs spent on Energy blades are probably my most efficient purchases.

< Message edited by seventy two -- 9/20/2010 20:24:16 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 64
9/20/2010 20:25:01   
icemaster 77

I disagree on the exp part.You can have too hard or easy of something.MQ=HARD,AQ=EASY.And the credits are enough when you're lv 20 or over.But still the staff should balanced the credit drops in enemies that are under lv 20.It should be like this:

lv 1:100
lv 2:200
lv 3:300
lv 4:400
lv 5:500
lv 6:600
lv 7:700
lv 8:800
lv 9:900
lv 10:1000
lv 11:1100
lv 12:1200
lv 13:1300
lv 14:1400
lv 15:1500
lv 16:1600
lv 17:1700
lv 18:1800
lv 19:1900
lv 20:2000

See a ratio of 1:100!

Double the exp is perfect,triple the exp is bad.

A majorly of RPG in the internet are two times easier to lv up than MQ.But they are balanced.
MQ AQW  Post #: 65
9/20/2010 20:25:39   
forumlogin

@seventy (you've been rounded :O)
Wow, I wasn't aiming that high for a boost. XD
Yeah, 10-30% should be enough, 50% if you really want to go extreme, though preferably not.
Although I like 50% more because it makes the numbers more even. >_>
That's just a side thing though, nothing to really worry about.
DF MQ  Post #: 66
9/20/2010 20:32:08   
stealthwings
Helpful

I think, that the boost, if it comes, should stop at level 25. Once you are there, you can access most weapons/mecha series, and go to all the planets without being doomed.
DF MQ  Post #: 67
9/20/2010 20:33:28   
icemaster 77

A 10-30% is not enough.No difference in their,can't attaract people to MQ.I say double is the perfect exp increase.NO more than that.DF has double the exp drop than MQ and has double the players online.So why can't MQ have that ego of DF.

< Message edited by icemaster 77 -- 9/20/2010 20:34:49 >
MQ AQW  Post #: 68
9/20/2010 20:36:44   
forumlogin

@icemaster
Because double means you finish each level twice as quickly and have much less monies. :O
50% is already a hefty boost. For a level 1, this will already be a boost from 10-12 to 15-18, and for something like a level 17, it will be from 170 to 255, which would be equivalent to today's level 25's average EXP.
Also, DF's high EXP rate is offset by its low Gold rate--you make money by selling items, and most items worth buying are CRAZY expensive.
DF MQ  Post #: 69
9/20/2010 20:39:37   
stealthwings
Helpful

DF is completely different. Iirc, it has different amounts required. Also, it has a tiny gold drop, and also, the entire game is set up differently, in terms of bossfights. DF, gives bosses WAY more HP, and minions WAY less. MQ has a tiny difference, but gives the bosses WAY better effects than the minions, meaning farming is much faster, but also much more repetitive. In DF, it is simply start fight, high damage move, end fight, start fight, high damage move, end fight, repeat.

In MQ, that does not happen. Using some mecha, you can occasionally finish them in one hit, however, this is not very common, and actually makes a break from the monotony.
DF MQ  Post #: 70
9/20/2010 20:40:46   
Vampire Fexy

This wont really improve the whole gameplay, but Hard and Extreme difficulty are useless and no one bothers to try them for the EXP/Credits, just for the challenge or trying a new mecha, it should give way more EXP/Credits, the amount we get right now is ridiculous and totally is not worth the time, thats the amount i get in each difficult with the X-Boost :

Normal :
485 EXP
3389 Credits

Hard :
509 EXP
3558 Credits

Extreme :
533 EXP
3727 Credits

Hard should give about 50% more Exp/Credits and Extreme should give 100% more EXP/Credits, since the HP of hard is almost 50% more and the HP of extreme is 100% more, it makes sense.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 71
9/20/2010 20:42:29   
seventy two

*Goes and does a battle on DF

How is 319xp at level 35 double 350?(MQ) Both games use the same curve, so it it actually less (1 enemy 3 turns same as MQ) (Though DF 2 enemy battles give aproximately 140% rewards.(425))
AQ MQ  Post #: 72
9/20/2010 20:44:50   
stealthwings
Helpful

Good idea.

Also though, since they are not as challenging as they used to be, I think that they should make them open to NSCs, and then make another 2 SC modes, in both of which enemies have much more HP, but don't drop that much more XP. (Like Xtreme used to be, a challenge, which people use because they want a challenge)
DF MQ  Post #: 73
9/20/2010 20:53:58   
icemaster 77

So we should increase the credit drop by double and rebalance the price for weapons and mechs.And in DF,monsters are easy to kill,thats way they give less exp.Some battles against normal,it takes about two or three shots,but in Mechquest,it takes 5-6 shots.And if we don't want the double exp MQ,MQ isn't going to have more than 5000 players.

Signature removed. Please don't use your signature more than once per page. For more information, please read the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules > Signatures ~ Clyde

< Message edited by Clyde -- 9/20/2010 21:52:47 >
MQ AQW  Post #: 74
9/20/2010 20:56:58   
stealthwings
Helpful

@Icemaster
In DF, most battles take me one shot. In MQ, when I am in farming mode, they take me 1-3. when I am in regular mode, very very long.

@MechaJin
No. Piotr was the last before myracyrina.

I forget who the first one was, but not piotr.

< Message edited by stealthwings -- 9/20/2010 20:57:44 >
DF MQ  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Is MQ Dying II+How Can We Improve It?
Page 3 of 30«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition