Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Is MQ Dying II+How Can We Improve It?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Is MQ Dying II+How Can We Improve It?
Page 5 of 30«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/22/2010 22:10:37   
Hellsoarer

So if you level up from 1 to 2 you lvl up faster?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 101
9/22/2010 22:11:01   
seventy two

Shards that is about credit rewards not xp. That much xp would just be plain stupid. And no one is suggesting changing xp requirements at all, we are discussing increasing xp rewards.
Also the Xp needed formula is level^2*100.

< Message edited by seventy two -- 9/22/2010 22:15:37 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 102
9/22/2010 22:15:13   
Shards Superior

Whoops!
But the point is that you can't have a linear system.

You know,
quote:

lv 1:100
lv 2:200
lv 3:300
lv 4:400
lv 5:500
lv 6:600
lv 7:700
lv 8:800
lv 9:900
lv 10:1000
lv 11:1100
lv 12:1200
lv 13:1300
lv 14:1400
lv 15:1500
lv 16:1600
lv 17:1700
lv 18:1800
lv 19:1900
lv 20:2000

is actually less than what we get now.

Or is it 10/7x more?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 103
9/22/2010 22:17:43   
seventy two

In case you still do not understand that list is about credit rewards(not xp). A linear credit system would work since mech and equipment prices are linear.
AQ MQ  Post #: 104
9/22/2010 22:55:38   
Spidercliff

I just feel MechQuest is doing their releases rushed, and they're not finding the right definition of Idea. I stopped buying SCMM because I realized the Viking's true power, and I learned to appreciate it. Not to mention I have many other mechs to suit ANY situation. Any other mech that comes out, I've already got it beat with a SCMM, Rare, or Nova Gem Mech. Let's take a look at last week's release. A traveling salesman who I had a hard time seeing, because I RARELY see new releases being an NPC in Soluna Square. Last's week release was quite literally, new weapons that will go away. I tried out Steve. I could have sword I saw half his body on some other mechs. The only AMAZING thing I noticed, was Steve's shoulders. They execute beautifully, and are completely creative. But one shoulder weapon doesn't make an entire release. I honestly, hated this release, simply because I couldn't find my Squashbuckler suit, ANYWHERE. IF anybody can tell me where it is right now, or if it is here, my mood towards current Mechquest releases will change.

< Message edited by Spidercliff -- 9/22/2010 22:57:34 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 105
9/22/2010 23:18:00   
Gold

@Spidercliff: It is ONE item, one outfit for that matter, that will change your opinion of this game, eh?

Sadly, it probably won't happen. The only outfits that are of any use in the game are the ones used in jobs and Vampire outfit. All others are probably for rare's sake, but other than that, there really is no point of getting them back.

I'm also not really sure you were actually paying attention, as Steve was released the last two weeks, not last week. Last week was the TLAPD release and the long-awaited level cap raise.

@72: The credits distribution actually was linear as you leveled up (props to whoever was also in MQ since the beginning). They changed it because you don't really need the excess credits. You would already have built up enough :P

< Message edited by gold -- 9/22/2010 23:24:46 >

I am Gold, for I am many.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 106
9/22/2010 23:50:11   
forumlogin

@icemaster
While I think the other ideas are fine, I really think elements are completely out of MQ's zone.
DF and MQ have near completely different battle systems. An elements system would also be fairly bad with MQ's inability to customize mid-battle. Leave elements to DF and wep specs to MQ.
DF MQ  Post #: 107
9/23/2010 0:07:26   
icemaster 77

Ok then forumlogin,but I got this idea from a guy who posted it in this topic and from others in the first place.

And I like linear systems.Non-linear system is blah to me.

And 50% increase of exp would be great.I convince myself to agree on this idea from forumlogin and ditched the
double exp suggestion.

Offtopic:I decided to cut my computer time by half,so I wouldn't be in this forums every 20 minutes.

< Message edited by icemaster 77 -- 9/23/2010 0:11:25 >
MQ AQW  Post #: 108
9/23/2010 6:03:23   
Baron Dante

I don't understand why add more EXP... RPGs are meant to be a grind to somew degree, and this is way faster than, say AQ. (Don't even mention Maple-whatever-it-was) I like it currently.

On other things, I have no comment.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 109
9/23/2010 7:22:24   
Gold

^AQ is much slower than MQ?

All you need on AQ is 4-5 days and you level already.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 110
9/23/2010 11:44:18   
kumano

one thing i would like to see again is when they sent you a mail to explain what was going on that was a nice detail =D

other thing i think i would improve the game a lot is to make some polls for major changes on the game i mean, SCMM are absorving to much time on the MQ team, creating polls would help to see what people want, i sometimes feel that they dont even bother to look at the forums ¬¬

< Message edited by kumano -- 9/23/2010 11:45:53 >

DF MQ  Post #: 111
9/23/2010 11:56:48   
black knight 1234567

Kumano@ VERY wrong, the MQ staff are the second one with teh satff that visit the forum so often, just being behind AQ.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 112
9/23/2010 19:39:35   
forumlogin

@Baron
Like I've said before, more exp won't hurt. :P
Although it should also come packaged with reduced mecha prices.
To make it less casual-unfriendly.
DF MQ  Post #: 113
9/23/2010 21:41:56   
icemaster 77

Agree with forumlogin ideas,now I play the computer less than I did last week,I don't have much time for MQ.

Baron@ RPG are grinds,but you can't have too much grind.LOLZ,I find a lot of RPG that are easier than MQ.
MQ AQW  Post #: 114
9/23/2010 21:57:04   
Hellsoarer

quote:

@Baron
Like I've said before, more exp won't hurt. :P
Although it should also come packaged with reduced mecha prices.
To make it less casual-unfriendly.

I agree!
but for others, maybe...
I really wouldn't care if they reduces mecha prices because I only have rares so I wouldn't waste any credits but as for other players they have a ton of mechas which they already spent 380000 credits on (lvl 40) and then the others who haven't gotten it yet gets it for way less...

ZOMG!
I need to play MechQuest and stop going on the forums for a bit... I haven't gotten any exp at all!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 115
9/23/2010 23:32:17   
icemaster 77

As the oldest user created in the forums,I small recruit some people to play MQ instead of text based games!
MQ AQW  Post #: 116
9/24/2010 0:51:56   
jsrjohnny

quote:

SCMM every 3 months is my opinion
But then it wouldn't be a Star Captain Monthly Mech. It would be Star captain quarterly mech, which just doesn't have the same ring to it. The SCMMs have seemed sorta insubstantial lately, if you get my meaning, like we've already used up all the awesome ideas for 'em.

I agree with more XP. Takes forever to level up playing casually.

Elements.... It's too late. In the beginning, (lol) Mechquest had lasers, ballistics, and explosives, and the Creators saw that it was good. Then they created an Intro boss with resist to one of those types of attacks. Then they ignored it forevermore.
That sums up the history of resists in MQ. It's too late to take them anywhere IMO. If they had really focused on 'em after the Dropship at houses and jobs it woulda worked, but now....
Post #: 117
9/24/2010 8:54:35   
THIS_IS_SPARTA

quote:

Most of the old players will tell you that the SCMM ruined the game because they have been playing for long time and they know what the game is about, customizing a mecha, not spending money on OP mecha that doesnt need a single equipment with it, ruins everything about the game, i remember back in 2008 when you needed to customize mechas all the time to win against almost everything, mechas werent OP they rarely had any weapons on them actually, some only had few weapons so you could actually customize the shoulders and head, it was fun back then not now "Become a SC and use the SCMM to destroy anything in your way without customizing!", no offense but that seems pretty cheap for me, they were fun in the first few months but they got annoying after that.

True, but if they would bring back cuztomization, then they should make the gold drops higher (buying chassis + several weapons.. costs a LOT)

Also, the only thing about MQ that I dislike.. is that the new quests they release are insane boring. I mean, kill an ennemy x30 times, good job your done. Rinse and repeat. It gets old very quickly

< Message edited by THIS_IS_SPARTA -- 9/24/2010 9:01:32 >
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 118
9/24/2010 10:44:45   
Hellsoarer

Kill an enemy 30 times, then do another quest fight the boss get a strong mecha and keep trying and you'll win...
And that was only on Yokai...
I still go to Braddock Steele to fight 50 enemies for fun :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 119
9/25/2010 6:55:23   
Terosin

I don't think exp are a real problem and bout the SCMM...
I still would trade them for releases with cutscenes like the ones in DF, but I actually gave up comparing to DF now.
Post #: 120
9/25/2010 9:47:02   
Knight_Hawk

@Terosin: Right now, there arent any major exp farming spots. The only GOOD one, is Arcade, the others are underwhelming. If the exp per kill was greater, that would GREATLY reduce tedious grinding or if a farming spot was introduced, rather it be like K&S (Where you get healed after each fight) with the same amount of exp now or a special area that gives more exp, would help out greatly. One thing players DONT like, is grinding.

I still stick to what I said before. If the quality of the release is improved, size will not matter right now. What does release quality mean? Simply put, dont give us a mecha like Steve Skysplitter, which has no real focus like all the other SCMMs, and does everything I can do with a normal mecha, and instead, give us something unique for that mecha, like how Dragonfire is for DragonGuard or how Dark was for BC Shadow Warrior.

I believe that with a small team, you should scale back releases, like what has happened, while still keeping the releases good and meaningful to either the players (IE: Putting in weapons suggested or releasing something that was really needed) or to the game/story (IE: Balancing, more story related content or something that will help the game out over all).
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 121
9/25/2010 9:50:39   
Terosin

Well, but the problem is that there's no farming spot cause there are only few non-equipment releases and those are small.
Post #: 122
9/25/2010 15:10:34   
icemaster 77

Agree,and it's hard to make cutsense in MQ with your mech in it.I hope the MQ Team have reasons for little releases this month.Maybe
they are working on the shuttle and the Guardain and Dragonlord Mech.I hope they're going to balance out the exp and credits drops in lv 1-20 and increase the exp to 50% and the credits so they can balance it out or decrease equipment and mechs price by 50%.
MQ AQW  Post #: 123
9/25/2010 16:11:19   
Hellsoarer

quote:

Maybe they are working on the shuttle and the Guardain and Dragonlord Mech.

Hmm... Idk if I'll get those mechs becuz Im a rare collector but I have both Dragon Amulet and Guardian...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 124
9/25/2010 17:00:19   
forumlogin

@Hellsoarer
Whether you're going to get it or not is not the issue. XD
The issue is that it's been overdue for a heckuva long time now.
DF MQ  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Is MQ Dying II+How Can We Improve It?
Page 5 of 30«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition