Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

AQW 2nd Annual Pumpkin Carving Contest Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Official AE Announcements and Contests!] >> Official Contests >> AQW 2nd Annual Pumpkin Carving Contest Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 712345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/12/2010 11:23:33   
  Beleen
Loremaster

This is a Discussion Thread for the Pumpkin Carving Contest.

Please only submit your contest-related questions here.

Use the Pumpkin Carving Contest to submit your final carved pumpkin photo!

Don't forget to include your AQW Character Name somewhere near or on your pumpkin. Pumpkin pix without a name (or ones with clearly evident photoshopped names attached) will NOT be judged.

Thanks, and best of luck to you all!

Carve On!

Contest ended a long time ago. Locked =Mae

< Message edited by Maegwyn -- 1/24/2012 20:19:09 >
Post #: 1
10/12/2010 12:02:29   
#Garete#

*first post*

Let see if I can do this..looks fun !
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 2
10/12/2010 12:50:23   
Undead zerker

I really wish the prizes were Battleon! points!

Im not that good at pumpking making!

Ill settle for second post!

Post #: 3
10/12/2010 13:00:58   
Death Slayer

Can i draw a picture of it? Please ... ! Because there is NO Pumpkins in My country (Please answer meh) Thanks.
Beleen, you're online and you're the admin of this thread please answer meh. Thanks ^.^

< Message edited by pharaon atem -- 10/12/2010 13:02:38 >

*MUNCH* exceeds 50 KB file size allowed. See the
Universal Forum Rules on Signature Guidelines.
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=17051283
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
10/12/2010 13:16:06   
mturf
SMASHING Comics!!

WOO!
i wuv contests
now, to find some pumpkin to massacre
WOOOO!!!!!

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
10/12/2010 13:27:13   
FeliQ

I really hopes that I can find some pumpkins in my country.. D:

~ FeliQ

AQW  Post #: 6
10/12/2010 14:33:04   
Laos

(AQW Suggestions)

Pharaon Atem, i'm afraid not.
You must Include a picture in your entry otherwise it will be ignored.

quote:

The photo of your carved pumpkin must be of the Highest Quality—the bigger and more clear the picture, the better! Make sure that you provide a VALID URL to your photo. Try using a reliable photo uploader like Photobucket, TinyPic or Twitpic.

quote:

Post a link to your carved pumpkin photo on this thread!

(Quote's above by Beleen)

~Shump

< Message edited by shump -- 10/12/2010 14:36:02 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
10/12/2010 15:29:27   
Dark Savant

I can't wait to do this again! although I think doing zorback twice is pretty much cheating, so me needs insperation! hopefully I won't accidentally shake the camera this time =/
AQ AQW  Post #: 8
10/12/2010 16:10:10   
Dragoon_KarThenus

Still can't believe Delecor used a STENCIL.
AQ  Post #: 9
10/12/2010 16:14:54   
alexdku

hi bleen Im doing this for the fist time so where do you post the photo of the pumpkin

Please reply
Post #: 10
10/12/2010 16:39:25   
Dragonnightwolf
Follower of Smergol

There are those of us, Beleen, who aren't able to obtain a pumpkin, specifically if a parent will not approve of the purchase of one because they may not be all that into halloween.

Which in itself represents another problem entirely from those who cannot obtain a pumpkin in their country.

Perhaps it would be acceptable to give those who either cannot or aren't allowed to purchase pumpkins a chance by allowing them to create a....halloween festive house or pumpkin drawing all their own?

Post #: 11
10/12/2010 16:48:57   
warrioroffire

Can we have TWO pumpkins/gourds in the picture as different people? Like on one pumpkin there is a random AQW person saying some random thing to the random person on the other pumpkin. (I'm not sure if that just made it more confusing)
Post #: 12
10/12/2010 16:50:27   
Death Slayer

@Dragonnightwolf: First, thanks a lot for this mark that i wanted someone to think about.
Second, i don't think that they will make it a drawing pumpkin because its not a drawing contest :(
But any way, thanks for trying! You're the best!

< Message edited by LANDIS -- 11/28/2010 16:01:47 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
10/12/2010 17:34:07   
coolboypai

what shall i do this time???
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
10/12/2010 17:40:02   
pinoy_ako

SWEET, FINALLY and now Im starting to imagine what to carve out. The Shadowsythe Homing Signal Award was good for what I've carved. But Now I'm back for more, a greater PRIZE!
Good LUCK GUYS
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 15
10/12/2010 17:42:39   
lolo2438

Allright, Let see what I can do...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 16
10/12/2010 18:23:23   
mturf
SMASHING Comics!!

we had discussions last year regarding people who couldn't get pumpkins. it was therefore made acceptable for any gourde (such as a squash. see Cucurbita). i would expect items such as melons would be a fantastic substitute.

as for individuals who may not be permitted to use knives to carve, one of last year's winners was a pumpkin paintjob, with no carving at all.

and if people aren't allowed to purchase a pumpkin, perhaps a free substitute could be found. if that truly was the case i'd go out on a hunt. and interesting plant, an old football, or a round rock could all be painted and decorated to be entered.

i'm not AE staff, but as this came up last year, i'm sure the ruling will be the same. i'm just not 100% sure on the rock idea ^-^
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
10/12/2010 18:42:50   
Dragonlord2046

I dont know how to make pumpkin things
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
10/12/2010 18:57:43   
Dragonlord2046

Somebody help me make pumpkin things................................................i want to win cause i want aqcoins
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
10/12/2010 19:19:24   
ejmejm

Im really excited to perticipate in this years compotition cuz i wuznt in the last

Bellen or anyone else (but if bellen sees this i would rather you lol) i wuz wondering would you recomend an item from a diff holiday or if i would have a better chance winning doin somtin from mogloween

could i post a pic of my name and pumpkin seperate? and can i get a couple shots from different views of the same pumpkin?

and where do we post our pics

Thx alot
ejmejm
Post #: 20
10/12/2010 19:32:44   
ejmejm

I thought it would be cool if you picked some of the most amazing and best could become mods and some of the second most amazing could make a set of armor sword helm and cape that go with each other and you guys could make it for them and my last sugestion (finally lol) you could give a special weapon armor helm or cape and give it to all the winners or perticipating that you could never get again.
just suggesting

thx for listining

ejmejm
Post #: 21
10/12/2010 21:23:52   
Dragoon_KarThenus

Eh, might as well retry Fiery Jack O' Face. Is it possible to reenter a pumpkin?
AQ  Post #: 22
10/13/2010 1:15:06   
Knight of the Dragon

Oh yes! Another contest! The god of all Games has answered my prayer! I just hope no one cheats like last year.

@Dragoon
As long as it isn't the same as last year (I mean exact same picture you used last year) then yes you can.

Ideas... Ideas... I got it! First, off to the grocery! Good Luck Everyone!

EDIT:
quote:

Your canvas must be a pumpkin or another form of squash and/or gourd.

Oh yeah, for those who don't have pumpkins in their country, (actually you do, I found one, atleeast in mine.) Watermelons are part of the gourd family just so that you know.
God, first day and not much people are following the rules...

~Knight of the Dragon

< Message edited by Knight of the Dragon -- 10/13/2010 1:29:23 >

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 23
10/13/2010 2:39:40   
rockbrains

Im making Beleens Stupid Derp Fish or a Xan Face. I cant chose, they are both awesome.

Wait.... Is it alowed to paint a rock to look like a pumpkin then paint the painted rock to look like a Jack-0-latern. If so I have a great idea that incudeds glasses and a fake nose...

< Message edited by rockbrains -- 10/13/2010 2:43:24 >
AQ  Post #: 24
10/13/2010 3:48:11   
Zakristone

Although I have vowed to enter every AE contest...pumpkin carving is probably the only one I am not going to enter. Why?

1. My family whole country doesn't celebrate Halloween, so no pumpkins in the house.

2. I just really suck at pumpkin carving. I never actually tried it before, and it's not digital, so no Ctrl + Z...one mistake and BAM! The pumpkin goes...

There always seems to be a problem with this, I mean AQW is like international, yet only about more than half the amount of players can actually enter this contest due to lack of pumpkins. I suggest an alternative, like maybe a drawing of one?

< Message edited by Zakristone -- 10/13/2010 3:52:02 >

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Official AE Announcements and Contests!] >> Official Contests >> AQW 2nd Annual Pumpkin Carving Contest Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 712345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2014 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition