Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

December's Book Project - Please read the first post!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> December's Book Project - Please read the first post!
Page 1 of 212>

December's Book Project - Please read the first post!

Book of Joy
  44% (21)
Book of Gifting
  23% (11)
Book of Family
  14% (7)
Book of Celebrations
  17% (8)

Total Votes : 47

(last vote on : 11/23/2010 20:33:55)
(Poll ended: 11/25/2010 23:59:00)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/12/2010 14:48:24   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Alrighty, since this is a December book and it right smack in the middle of several holidays that revolve around family, giving, celebrating, we are giving you your options.

Now, keep in mind that the book you vote for can have holidays included, but that it will heavily have to be dependent and expressive towards that subject.

If you vote BoJoy, then your story is about joy, in any context. It doesn't have to have anything to do with any holiday going on right now.

If you vote BoGifting, this will have to be about giving and receiving gifts, though not necessarily concentrating on the holidays that have that as a theme.

If you vote BoFamily, then your story is heavily about family. It doesn't have to have anything to do with holidays at all, though it can. But Family is the primary subject.

If you vote BoCelebrations, then this is almost exclusively this season's celebrations. To list a few, there is Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, New Year's.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
11/12/2010 14:54:09   
Fleur Du Mal

Yays!

=D Gimme, gimme, gimme gifts Book of Gifting!

I do not sound greedy, do I? =P

But seriously, I'd be happy to write on any of these themes. =) (And this time I won't fall into not delivering like with the Oct. Book. RAWR!)
DF  Post #: 2
11/12/2010 15:50:07   
MonsterMike9000

Its such a shame that Ive just joined in on this book project, but I have to sit this one out.
Need to do Family stuff.
AQ  Post #: 3
11/12/2010 16:15:02   
Xplayer
Roaming the Web

Very interesting choices. I ended up voting for the Book of Gifting. When the words "gift" and "story" come to mind, there seems to be endless possibilities, gifts of power (like some magic ring your eccentric uncle gives you on your birthday), special talents (like being able to control the creatures of the deep), or even just the "normal" ones that are under the Christmas tree. I'd love to read the creative ideas that spawn from any of these (and more) possible interpretations.

The way that you abbreviated the books got me thinking, if we were to have a Book of Knowledge in the future, would it be abbreviated BoKnows?. Sorry, it had to be done. XD
AQ AQW  Post #: 4
11/12/2010 18:08:18   
Reaper Sigma

Joy. I have a tragic story that's been in my head that may fit into this.
Post #: 5
11/14/2010 14:49:37   
BadHulk

Mmm >.>... I'll sit this one out. Doesn't appeal for me. Unless... >.>... Mmm... Perhaps I have an idea after all >.> Would need to work it out and see if I can do this.

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 6
11/14/2010 14:58:03   
Ultrapowerpie

Mail Moogle of AdventureQuest

Book of Joy, so that way I can express the joy of nomming things :D
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 7
11/14/2010 14:59:27   
Mordred

Joy. I wanna see Pie's story. And I might try my hand at it myself.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
11/14/2010 15:07:12   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

I voted for Celebrations. There are so many avenues I could pursue with Celebrations.

AQW Epic  Post #: 9
11/14/2010 15:20:29   
Nebula

Book of Joy. Because during holidays, everyone should be happy. :D

< Message edited by Nebula_ -- 11/14/2010 16:41:05 >
Post #: 10
11/14/2010 16:09:44   
Silver Lion

I voted for Family, as well. This time, I think I'll be trying to get something in. No holding back, Silver, no holding back!

Yeah, Family. Just makes me think of Christmas eve and a family tucked in at home, enjoying the warmth of the fireplace. =D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
11/14/2010 20:33:07   
Wildroses
A beautiful Rose,
always and forever

I went for Gifting out of sheer laziness. I've already got something on file which could be tweaked and submitted for gifting, but if any of the others win I'll have to write something new. Looks like Joy might win, though, so maybe I ought to start thinking...
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 12
11/14/2010 20:38:41   
Drakyloid
LoidTastic!

I voted for Joy, since Gifting, Celebrations and Family all seem to be too much about Winter (which has already been covered). It's also an interesting topic for me.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
11/14/2010 22:16:23   
alexmacf

Family. There's so many twisted things that can be done to families... XD
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 14
11/14/2010 22:19:01   
demolitiondragon
Constructively Friendly!

@ Drak
Not on the other side of the world. It felt a bit funny writing for the Book of Winter last summer... =P
Gifting could be birthdays, engagements, weddings, special days, no particular reason at all... Celebrations happen all through the year: end-of-term holidays, blue shoelace day... And family could be pretty much anything involving people or pets. =D
Post #: 15
11/14/2010 22:30:32   
Torn

Voted for Family, but I'm sure I can tweak the story to fit most of the other themes. To though's following the story, here's a hint, its about Orvis' heritage

< Message edited by Torn -- 11/14/2010 22:39:50 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 16
11/15/2010 19:39:53   
Red Blizzard
Lv. 100

I wonder if Book of Gifting could become Book of Gifts and Giving? We had that with Book of Luck I believe, and Book of Gifting is just a bit hard on the mouth compared to the other word that springs to mind.
DF  Post #: 17
11/16/2010 17:36:34   
superjars

I went for the book of gifts, as I think that presents and the giving of things can make for some intriguing stuff.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
11/18/2010 13:27:44   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

My vote went to the book of joy. My normal style of writing is dark and grim, so I thought I would do a 180 and challenge myself by writing something different.
Heck, I`ll come up with something even if another book idea will win.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
11/18/2010 13:42:39   
Eukara Vox

Definitely an interesting race to the finish. I am very interested in how this turns out, in part because I can't write the intro to the next book until the vote is done, but also, knowing what I am writing next month is always a good thing.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
11/18/2010 15:48:27   
Nebula

@Eukara Vox - Though it seems the Book of Joy will win the race, unless alot of people suddenly vote forGifting/Family/Celebrations.
Post #: 21
11/18/2010 15:52:47   
Ultrapowerpie

Mail Moogle of AdventureQuest

JOY FOR JOY!

I can't wait :D
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 22
11/19/2010 0:29:26   
alexmacf

I have ACT's on the 11th of December, so I might be a tad late.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 23
11/26/2010 14:30:57   
Eukara Vox

Seems that the Book of Joy is the Book for December. Start planning!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
11/26/2010 14:32:21   
Mordred

I'll try my hand at this. Joy is not my forte. You'll definitely see that in most of my usual writing. So, this should be a learning experience for me.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> December's Book Project - Please read the first post!
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition