Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: AQ Quest Writing contest discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Official AE Announcements and Contests!] >> Official Contests >> RE: AQ Quest Writing contest discussion
Page 3 of 13«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/25/2011 22:04:03   
Dauth

I will be entering this so everyone be ready for a thriller :o did I just say that? haha

`~Ser Mordrid Kerow`

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 51
1/25/2011 22:38:27   
Serpeants

Well mine is done and i hope it works for the lore. Good luck to all.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
1/26/2011 0:02:31   
sir lane

i have a question... can we write a whole story? would that count? because ive got a pretty epic idea for a quest a saga maby
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 53
1/26/2011 0:48:27   
Chaos Mage Kaxaraim

Well, this is my first time entering a contest like this in the forums so it's very exciting to me. I hope that I didn't write too much and it disqualifies me D:

If anyone wants to see what my entry was, it's called Bringers of Night and Day. Here's
my story.

Anyway, I looked at people's ideas and a lot of them are pretty interesting. I liked the one with the Cthulions (wait... that's how it was spelled... right?).

Good luck to everyone for sure though.

EDIT: Gah... I think I have some typos D:

~ Ravenn

< Message edited by Chaos Mage Kaxaraim -- 1/26/2011 0:56:21 >
AQ DF  Post #: 54
1/26/2011 0:59:01   
sir lane

quote:

i have a question... can we write a whole story?
may i please get this qestion awenserd?
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 55
1/26/2011 2:04:55   
jsrjohnny

@ Chaos Mage: I wouldn't think too much dialogue would be a problem. After all, we want GOOD releases, not bad ones, right? I wrote a fairly long quest too. This is really good timing cuz I've had an idea for a quest but never posted it in suggestions, so why not post it during a contest? Only about 8 entries now though lol. Got till the end of February.

So I included different dialogue depending on alignment, and I've got (approx) 73 lines of dialogue if you're alignment is Evil and 99 lines if you're Good. Hopefully 19 over won't matter. It averages out to only 5 over.

We need MOAR CONTESTS!!! This is awesome. I can't wait to see other people's entries. :)

< Message edited by jsrjohnny -- 1/26/2011 2:09:21 >
Post #: 56
1/26/2011 2:14:39   
Chaos Mage Kaxaraim

@ jsrjohnny:

Hmm that's true. And I did count that I have exactly 80 lines of dialogue (though some lines can be bulky D:) But the idea is there. I could have written more but the limits where there and I did not want to risk being disqualified.

I love to write stories and this contest actually jump started my creativity again. So yay. I would have even given samples of my artwork to add to the enemy/monster and item designs but I lack a scanner to make it work.

~ Ravenn
AQ DF  Post #: 57
1/26/2011 2:22:47   
Deadly PoisoN
Banned!

I edited mine quite a few times,hope that when we put down our entries they're given a second look.I made many mistakes and after submitting,had to make many changes.It's complete now though.

Oh i see,good to know vox.I was really nervous.This is one of the most excited times iv'e had in aq.Whoever wins here will be a delight to me,all of us tried after all.I have an idea of who the winner is already,but let's see if my prediction comes true.

I read a few and some people are really good at this Good luck to all.

< Message edited by Deadly PoisoN -- 1/26/2011 3:21:13 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 58
1/26/2011 3:31:47   
HailFire

Finished. Only thing thats missing from AQ, my quest
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 59
1/26/2011 4:34:46   
Digital X
Legendary AK!!!

The first time i thought i was "finished" i had only about 60 or so lines, so coming up with 20 more when you think you're done isn't the easiest of tasks :P But i'm happy with my quest and wish you all the best.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 60
1/26/2011 5:00:39   
  San Robin
Modzerella

is 80 lines the maximum or the minimum?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 61
1/26/2011 5:44:14   
BlacKitten25

Ms. Eukara Vox, should our entries be in an Encyclopedia-ish format, or writing it in a narrative prose style is alright as well? I can't seem get creativity to flow to my fingertips if I write it in a somehow... "too stiff and restrained" way of making scripts.

Well, good luck to those who will win! :)
AQ  Post #: 62
1/26/2011 6:28:53   
ArchMagus Orodalf

80 lines is probably a guideline, since not all quests are that long and not all quests are that short.

@sir lane: It says one quest.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 63
1/26/2011 6:38:32   
Serpeants

Well i had edited some lines in it and i thought it was long. By right it was a little short.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 64
1/26/2011 6:40:49   
Razen

What do you all think of my entry, I thought Archmagus's Cthulion quest was always funny.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 65
1/26/2011 6:52:47   
ArchMagus Orodalf

I added a few lines to that for flavour, plus two battles because 6 normals and 2 bosses isn't enough... Was the big red sign a nice one that says I edited it, Euky?

@Above: Thanks. Also, I like your entry, but I don't think Illimister's reaction to the heroes breaking down the wall is realistic. >.>
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 66
1/26/2011 6:55:36   
Razen

ArchMagus: Well, I actually did that one on purpose, cause you could say he made himself calm, because they would've thought he would've brought them harm if he provoked them at all, you, you, gimme a second here! I casually have some of the most realistic reactions, I just didn't state he was forcing himself into calmness. Suppose I could make that little fix.

< Message edited by Shinobi Shadowmaster -- 1/26/2011 6:57:57 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 67
1/26/2011 9:13:23   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Writing your entry in narrative style will require not only for art people to do your art, but then you are requiring one of the writers, most likely me, since this is a contest I sponsored, to rewrite your story into a script. I would rather not do that, as much could be lost or something not written properly.

I would prefer it be written as script. There's nothing to say that you can't start out with it somewhat narrative, then switch to script once you have the story fleshed out.

And edited entries, as long as you tell us you edited, will be looked at again. No worries.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 68
1/26/2011 13:58:50   
sir lane

D: oh noes, im not good with narrative = script DX
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 69
1/26/2011 14:39:42   
coolboypai

may we make up our own monsters? or at least a boss?
if we do come up with a monster or item, you guys will help with the stats and stuff right? so we dont have to
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
1/26/2011 16:33:45   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

If you come up with new stuff that would require the art team to work from scratch, do so with the knowledge that new stuff, from scratch takes a lot of time. Keep your new stuff to a minimum to avoid creating too much work for our very busy Art People.

And yes, stats and such will be done by the team.

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 1/26/2011 16:34:35 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 71
1/26/2011 18:29:51   
Master K

My monsters are just...recolors...and so are the weapons.
And I was nice enough to add Eukara to the quest.
As an NPC and a monster!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
1/26/2011 21:23:18   
jsrjohnny

This is so cool! We need more contests. I'm really hyped just from entering even though I've got pretty low chances of winning. :P Mine was actually inspired by a nightmare I once had that made me stay up for 3 days straight.... Yeah.

May the best writer win!
Post #: 73
1/26/2011 21:36:42   
Shirefolk

*Phew*

Just got my entry in, though I would have liked to draw it out a bit more, and try to get some tensions to mount as various people get killed off, and the townsfolk go mad trying to save themselves, turning on one another as our character is helpless to stop them...

But I'll settle for what I submitted. Older town, old monster and old and unused War Room in the Guardian Tower all feature centre stage in my story :P

Thoughts?
AQ  Post #: 74
1/26/2011 21:44:56   
jsrjohnny

^ Got a typo (or at least I think it's one):
quote:

Guardian: Sir, we have received some disturbing reports about several murders in Lolosia. The local dispatch of Guardians has absolutely leads, and one of their number is among the dead.
Captain: (frown) No leads?

And here I was beginning to think it was magic the way we carried everything around...

< Message edited by jsrjohnny -- 1/26/2011 21:47:10 >
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Official AE Announcements and Contests!] >> Official Contests >> RE: AQ Quest Writing contest discussion
Page 3 of 13«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition