Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Balance 2v2 Battles Already!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Balance 2v2 Battles Already!
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/30/2011 21:41:02   
Lectrix

It feels like every time I do a 2v2 Battle, I end up with a bad partner and two Level 32 Support Mercs as my opponents. Something NEEDS to be done to Balance 2v2 Battles! The question is... what?

How do you feel about 2v2 Battles?

Let's just use in one area instead A Comprehensive Balance Discussion to discuss for balancing. Thanks. :) ~AVA

< Message edited by AVA -- 2/6/2011 8:17:06 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
1/30/2011 21:43:07   
goldslayer1

well, yes it is a bit messed up, it happens to everyone tho. and having a lvl 32 partner nowadays is only by luck.

also *whispers* dont add questions to ur post or it will get deleted with the excuse that it should go in the Q&A....
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
1/30/2011 21:43:20   
Shocka

Stupid luck only battles. Sorry if this is offensive or strong to anyone but they are pointless. Depends too much on luck of partner. Sure you can make strategic decisions but your partner and enemies determine the winner.

Let's not use that word, ok? ~Cinderella

< Message edited by Cinderella -- 1/31/2011 18:50:34 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
1/30/2011 21:44:43   
Larcell

I do everything I can. A +5 focus build and boosters works for me. Lol, but ya there needs to be a change.

Maybe a longer battle-startup while the systems pairs you with someone your level. Idk.

< Message edited by Larcell -- 1/30/2011 21:47:08 >
Epic  Post #: 4
1/30/2011 21:46:01   
goldslayer1

in 2 vs 2 its like this

u join in, u get a lvl 27 partner
u have to fight 2 support mercs
they both team up on the newbie
they use their aux and he's dead in 2 hits (if not crit)
then they have another 2 artilery strike waiting to go off on u
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
1/30/2011 21:47:16   
Lectrix

*Sigh* It just happened AGAIN.

@goldslayer: "A bit messed up"? It's COMPLETELY messed up! And true, it does happen to everyone... but Mercs are the only Class that can still pull off a win even if they have a weak partner.

Also, I'm pretty sure that this doesn't belong in Q&A, since I'd like people to discuss their thoughts about this Topic...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
1/30/2011 21:54:55   
Lectrix

@Above: Ummm... ook...

2 Mercs, with a weak partner. AGAIN. I'm serious. It just happened about 3 times in the last 5 minutes. I feel like crying right about now...

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
1/30/2011 21:57:52   
Larcell

They can always remove Artillery Strike's physical attributes and replace it with energy, since BHs and TMs have an energy multis. Maybe that would change EVERYTHING.

P.S. Lectrix, I'm sending you some Kleenex.

< Message edited by Larcell -- 1/30/2011 22:00:11 >
Epic  Post #: 8
1/30/2011 21:57:58   
goldslayer1

lol i tried getting into 2v2
i actualy would win at 80%-90 win rate a few months ago back with MAGE when robot did 7 x focus damage
after that it got nerfed. and make is possibly the worst class at 2 vs 2 ever since they nerfed plasma rain which use to be the best attack for 2 vs 2 back in beta

perhaps mage needs a skill change and make a physical casting skill like meteor shower instead.
i mean staffs are all energy
which is really messed up. that just proves mage is at a disadvantage because there are no physical staffs

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 1/30/2011 21:59:52 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
1/30/2011 22:07:20   
Lectrix

@goldslayer: True. Tech Mages ARE at a disadvantage because of their smaller selection of Staves. Also, has anyone else noticed that Mages can only use half of their Skill Tree when they're using Swords?

@Larcell: Lol, thanks.

Actually, come to think of it, changing Artillery Strike into an Energy Skill might solve some of our problems. Artillery Strike still needs to be Nerfed; it's simply too powerful at the moment. The only people who will disagree are Mercs who use it.

< Message edited by Lectrix -- 1/30/2011 22:09:27 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
1/30/2011 22:23:09   
Hun Kingq

I no too much the feeling because I get 24 25 26 27 against two 32s or a weak 32. Last, 2vs2 it was me and Chop Suey against a 32 bounty and a 32 merc. Not saying Chop Suey is one of the weak 32s he lasted as long as he could and I kept him alive as long as I did but two bad he did not stick around because I dominated the rest of the match and won but I was partnered with 32s in the past where they did not last two rounds. Many times I get a partner that just disappears, with me against 2 players. Another thing that happens when I mafunction a player then my team mate attacks the other player or just strikes and get blocked while he has two energy weapons on their person, so I ask "please shot them first before you try to strike." I too much know how unbalanced 2vs2 got and I spend a lot less time in that type battle.
Epic  Post #: 11
1/30/2011 23:52:09   
Luna_moonraider

yep i agree after doing loads of 2v2(15k plus i think) i see no balance in 2v2. 2v2 is spoil 2v2 is broken. they really need to fix it 32+32vs 27+32 is that fair. 26+32 vs 27+27. 5 lvl diffrence is big difrence since the increased the lvl cap. they need to change it.

AQW Epic  Post #: 12
1/31/2011 0:02:24   
Lectrix

It's not only the Levels that need to be changed. The Classes need to be changed, too. A Level 32 Support Merc would have a good chance of beating a pair of Level 32 Tech Mages or Bounty Hunters, even if they had a weak partner. Mercs are too powerful when it comes to 2v2 Battles.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
1/31/2011 1:00:55   
orrthehunter

The only issue I find my partner or the other side losing is due to the type of build they focus on. They mostly focus on a single type of defense build and leave the other defense at a low range that makes them easy to kill due to their low defense for that attack. It's very common to run into someone like this which is why I made my Merc as a Hybrid Sword user(Melee as Basic and Energy for Side arms and Bazooka) since this build helps survive most of the battles but will be a issue with mages since if they have a skill maxed(Final will be the most lethal) you'll most likely lose 1/3 to 1/2 of your HP. However, since most people are focused on one type of build (Mostly scattered attack builds and debuff builds) they lack the defense to stand most of the attacks which leads to them dieing early since even though they have high HP they lack the defense for keeping it from decreasing at a rapid rate.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 14
1/31/2011 2:39:01   
InTheSky

The only actual problem with 2v2 is the partner you end up with.

This means it's 100% luck.
Post #: 15
1/31/2011 3:06:23   
BlueKatz

a pretty bad thing about low level partner is that they are mostly too easy to be killed. If they can tank the better well, you still have a very good chance of winning
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 16
1/31/2011 3:14:07   
edwardvulture

Tbh I'm fine with a level 27 as long as I have a decent chance to win. Like:
you and 27 partner with var
VS.
2 level 32 f2ps
but not
level 27+32 with no varium
VS.
2 level 32s with all the most current stuff and experience to be decent
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 17
1/31/2011 4:15:34   
Lectrix

I've decided to play a little game... I'm trying to see how many 2v2 Battles I end up losing in a row. So far, I'm up to 6... or maybe 7... most of them were because of Support Mercs.

And no, I'm definitely not trying to lose on purpose
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
1/31/2011 4:45:16   
edwardvulture

Unless a support merc is on you team, I've seen you lose on purpose to break their record
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 19
1/31/2011 7:26:08   
bighobbo

Don't even bother doing 2v2. With Support Mercs getting like 85%+ winning percentage there, it's pointless to do 2v2 unless you're a Merc.
Post #: 20
1/31/2011 8:20:48   
Snaipera

YEAH FREAKIN BALANCE 2v2 ALREADY . I'm sick of getting noobs against support mercs !
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
1/31/2011 9:07:39   
BlueKatz

Make Mage's MP skill 2 turns cooldown and Mer Multi 3 turn warm up then it would be fine
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 22
1/31/2011 9:22:37   
Polandor

+1 Merc multi warm up is a good idea
Post #: 23
1/31/2011 9:42:00   
Shadow Serpent

I created a new char, got it to lvl 3 went on 2vs2, and i end up with a lvl 4 partner, and a lvl 9 and 3 as enemies. Does that seem fair? Cus we won xD But joke aside it really needs changing. btw, whats up with support merc? I've never gotten a support merc as an enemy :/ There that strong?
Post #: 24
1/31/2011 9:49:55   
Deadly PoisoN
Banned!

@Shadow serpent,they have high defense and high damage,most the time they don't even need a second partner and can kill 2 players on their own if they have +5 focus with a solid defensive and average attack leaning.And by average i mean around 45str or so with 5FC.But most of them love to spam support.

Usually they have a single weakness and it's their dex,but with the recent items they have that covered too and are nearly unbeatable if they have an average partner.
AQ Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Balance 2v2 Battles Already!
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition