Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Paxia Battle Contest!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Paxia Clans >> RE: Paxia Battle Contest!
Page 5 of 7«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/2/2011 22:40:01   
Se7en
Helpful!

Who vs who? I thought we're taking the week off too. Might be defending minimally on this one.

edit: Nevermind, I got it sorted out. (:

< Message edited by Se7en -- 4/2/2011 22:46:03 >
AQ  Post #: 101
4/4/2011 0:29:04   
Riffus Maximus

The moment you all waited for:

So here's the scores:
Aerodu: -1054
VS.
Glacius: +1640

Congratulations to Glacius! You are the Grand Champion of Paxia!

Sorry, but our trophy/award designer didn't manage to make one in time.

Now we'll take a break of a few weeks to think of our next idea of contest. Feel free to use this thread to give suggestions or this thread for more details.

So far, a popular request is an attack contest.

< Message edited by Dread_Shadow_Max -- 4/4/2011 0:30:25 >

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 102
4/4/2011 0:41:16   
DigDog

quote:

Sorry, but our trophy/award designer didn't manage to make one in time.

Should have reminded me again. Now it'll look like it is my fault. I'll see if I can whip something up today.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 103
4/4/2011 8:31:52   
137ben

Yea, we won
AQ  Post #: 104
4/4/2011 11:22:02   
Se7en
Helpful!

AWESOME!
AQ  Post #: 105
4/4/2011 13:45:05   
theosenia

Congratz to the champions! Well done!!!
...Although I can see D. being waaay ahead ALL the other clans... Anyways. Paxia HAS these strange outcomes,sometimes!

Now,to the point of this thread :

quote:

Feel free to use this thread to give suggestions

Well,ppl want a contest.I'll give you (imo) a challenge!

How about players interested in taking part try n bring the LAST 2 clans into the positives?! IF we wanted we could "divide" in 2 groups.Ppl who'd like to help Aerodu n ppl who would like to help Nocturu...we could check our weekely progress or we could set a "Fixed target"...let's say whichever group would/could reach a 50K defenses for one of these 2 clans first or smth...of course ALL clans would be participating in this,there would just be 2 main groups...We could have the whole week to defend n just a "boost" during the weekends as it's natural because ppl are more available during that time.We could post here who's been defending on what day for which clan n that'll be all provided we all do what we do when we say we do it! How about it?

This may sound a bit "vague" but I think:
1) we have the time/can "elaborate" n improve it n
2) it's not so much different than :take a screenshot before n a screenshot afterwards during a specific time interval.

It would be helping ALL these activities if we actually HAD a defense counter on our chars,but since we don't (...I hope we will in the future) we'll just have to go with what we have....Anyways! JUST AN IDEA/THOUGHT!

< Message edited by theosenia -- 4/4/2011 13:51:31 >

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 106
4/4/2011 19:21:23   
Wilderock

Actually, Aerodu's numbers are in the negatives. And -168,000 is a larger number than -169,000. Our actual increase was 1,054, according to the two pictures posted on this thread.

Aerodu had +1,054.

Glacius had +1,640.

So the results are still the same as far as the winner is concerned -- congratulations to Glacius, and thank you to everyone who participated!

I don't think an attack contest should be done, by the way. It will be the same contest, except obviously defense forces will only decrease for each team being limited to attack-only...not sure why we would want to do that.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 107
4/4/2011 20:24:42   
Riffus Maximus

True, Ï miust've made a mistake while looking the screenshots. My apologies.

At least the gap was not so small afterall.

@Theonesia: Your idea isn't so bad, but that's just doing the same thing we did the last three years over and over again. There's no real purpose, no goal except reaching the positives. Unlike the tournament that just ended, which was a contest, and the desire to be the best was driving the participants to play, there is no competition to this idea, and people usually don't play if there's no competition. That's mainly the reason why we do contests, because people are more active in fighting each other, rather than defending and doing nothing. Hence why I agree with a fellow paxian who told me that Unity is what killed Paxia.

@Wilderock: So far, we're thinking to direct the attacks against Unity, to limit the damage done to other clans. Attacking something is sometimes more fun than defending, and sometimes it is fun to see how much numbers can fall when cooperating.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 108
4/4/2011 23:20:28   
DigDog

Congratulations Glacius!

[image]http://i51.tinypic.com/t9uxc2.jpg[/image]

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 109
4/5/2011 4:31:54   
theosenia

@^^: Reeeeally nice,as always,DIGGY!

@Dread:
quote:

There's no real purpose, no goal except reaching the positives.

Allow me to disagree with that. We COULD make it into a contest! As I said,we could have 2 main groups compiting on which will go there first.Plus I have a feeling that there might be a slightly more participation in this one from perhaps ppl who r "clanless" but still would be interested to play for a time interval to help to this cause...IMO u cannot say defending brings to nothing except if u r forgeting the way Paxia looked quite some time ago with ALL CLANS PLUS UNITY waaay down the negatives n only D. waaay up the positives.
Personally I'd love to have some other ppl's idea/opinion on this before "rejecting it at sight" but since I was thinking of your clan too when I proposed it n u seem not to find that "useful"...well,As u wish!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 110
4/5/2011 5:38:50   
DigDog

quote:

Plus I have a feeling that there might be a slightly more participation in this one from perhaps ppl who r "clanless" but still would be interested to play for a time interval to help to this cause...

People who are clanless don't visit these forums and therefore won't know about the contest.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 111
4/5/2011 6:32:30   
theosenia

...Perhaps...any OTHER main objection as to why what I said "cannot" be turned into a contest?!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 112
4/5/2011 6:51:23   
DigDog

People would have to switch clans. Most people don't like switching clans. Also not all people favor Unity and couldn't care less about other clans and raising their defenses.

This would bite off a huge chunk off the active playerbase, leaving only a few people participating in that proposed contest. And if you split these people in two groups then you can count the participants in each group without breaking sweat and using more than one hand.

I'd rather see a contest where everyone can participate.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 113
4/5/2011 8:14:09   
137ben

theosenia: your idea would only involve 2 clans. Do ya have a way it could involve the clans which are already in the positives?
AQ  Post #: 114
4/5/2011 9:32:31   
theosenia

Yes,I do! Same form of tournament: 2 clans (already into the positives) "assigned" to the 2 clans "left out" (...for the time being ) N competing "against" which Clan would perform more defenses to help bring the scores closer to the positives...after a week we could proceed with the next 2 other clans n we could have a "helping Champ" or smth by the end of the turnoument.Come to think of it,THIS way it could work "just on weekend" if ppl prefered it that way...Yeah! Switching clans would be required...n boy! what a BIG "trouble" THAT is...as if it doesn't happen like all the time...!

EDIT: As I said.This IMO would be smth more than a competition...that's why I called it "a challenge".The idea "we strike n go!" "We strike n go"! won't be so much useful so yeah ppl will have to think about it a bit more.Still,just an idea.U can always accept or reject it.It's simply a matter of choice!

< Message edited by theosenia -- 4/5/2011 9:37:29 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 115
4/6/2011 7:21:53   
Se7en
Helpful!

I'll very much rather defend for Glacius than win a contest helping other clans. That's what war is about.
AQ  Post #: 116
4/6/2011 11:16:04   
Riffus Maximus

I believe that's what most people thinks, that's why I agree with what Diggy said about the poor number of participants if we owuld ever do that. People fancy more on attacking others or defending their own clan.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 117
4/7/2011 19:23:15   
137ben

quote:

so yeah ppl will have to think about it a bit more

How? Instead of "we go attack/defend", its "we go defend another clan". There is no more strategy in that, all that's changed is that instead of helping our own clan, we are helping a rival (or possibly enemy) clan.
AQ  Post #: 118
4/8/2011 9:54:39   
theosenia

Ok. Ok. It WAS/IS a suggestion...if ppl DON'T want this,I'm fine!
Besides,with Lucians back into the negatives again,I am not "supposed to talk" about MY ideas...I guess...!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 119
4/8/2011 15:37:50   
137ben

quote:

Besides,with Lucians back into the negatives again,I am not "supposed to talk" about MY ideas...I guess...!

Why? You can still talk about your ideas, what does that have to do with Lucian being in the negatives?!?!?!
AQ  Post #: 120
4/8/2011 15:57:36   
theosenia

I suppose so.What I meant is that I said: "Let's help the LAST 2 clans that r still in the negatives"...Weeel,that's not true anymore. Now there r at least 3 clans back into the negatives... So,MY idea doesn't seem to work that much now anyways!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 121
4/13/2011 16:52:59   
Riffus Maximus

Alright guys, listen well!

A Chaos VS. Unity match is being planned for next weekend. Not this weekend, the other after.

Same rules apply for this contest. Read first post if you are wondering what those rules are.

Basically, it's an Attack VS. Defend challenge, directed at Unity. What it takes to win? Well, that's fairly simple. If the fluctuation of points f is negative by the time the contest ends, Chaos wins and Unity loses. The opposite if the fluctuation of points is positive.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 122
4/13/2011 22:05:07   
drummy

It looks like I may actually be able to participate in this one. Does that mean I can't place bets?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 123
4/14/2011 6:30:02   
BWNocturne

Is it Easter that weekend? 'Cause if that's the case, I probably won't be able to participate. Awh.
Well, maybe on Sunday after dinner. But that's a big maybe.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 124
4/14/2011 9:38:54   
theosenia

Erm,excuse me n my silly questions again but I'd like to understand this a bit...

One of the main reasons my idea "couldn't work" was that
quote:

your idea would only involve 2 clans.
...Not to mention that "chaos" n "unity' r NOT even clans.

How exactly is this gonna be a "contest" between Paxia clans?

WHICH Clan n HOW will be announced as a winner this time?

Should we just go with a "chaos/unity won" at the end of it? Would that really mean anything to anyone?

I mean what will be the AWARD n to WHOM,by the end of it?

Unless of course this is a contest about INDIVIDUAL players but even so,there should be a way that proves how n in what degree these players participated,No?

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Paxia Clans >> RE: Paxia Battle Contest!
Page 5 of 7«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition