Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Official Quotes Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> RE: The Official Quotes Thread
Page 4 of 10«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/11/2011 0:46:55   
nield
Creative!

'Life is what we make of it. If we view it as Hell then Hell it becomes. But if we see it for more than what is in plain sight, we see Paradise.' Myself
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 76
5/12/2011 21:34:54   
Deadly the Eternal
Constructive

A quote I found from the comments section of Yahoo! News for an article pertaining to Osama bin Laden's death:

"All men have an emotion to kill; when they strongly dislike some one they involuntarily wish he was dead. I have never killed any one, but I have read some obituary notices with great satisfaction." - Clarence Darrow
AQ  Post #: 77
5/22/2011 15:46:57   
Stelios

Here's a good one for all the senior members,
"Aging is inevitable, Maturing however is optional..."
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 78
5/22/2011 21:45:13   
Xplayer
Roaming the Web

These quotes are to prove that I actually can quote real people :P

quote:

"If you have to ask what it symbolizes, it didn't"

~Roger Ebert

quote:

"The best way to predict the future is to create it."

~Abraham Lincoln

quote:

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

~Mahatma Gandhi

quote:

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."

~Thomas Jefferson

quote:

"Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen."

~Father John Corapi
AQ AQW  Post #: 79
5/23/2011 1:06:07   
Hush

-Points at my signature-

"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren,
and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine
Post #: 80
5/28/2011 4:24:03   
Sir Nicholas

quote:

"I dare do all that may become a man, any one who dares do less, is none."

Macbeth, Act I.

quote:

"And thus do I clothe my naked villainy with old odd ends stolen forth of Holy Writ and seem a Saint when I most play the Devil."

Richard III, Act I.

quote:

"Danger and I get on like a house on fire, one envelops the other while the sound of collapsing masonry is replaced by my terrified gibbering."

Ciaphas Cain.

quote:

"Foolish pride often gives way to even more foolish regret."

Unknown.

quote:

Altaïr: "We place faith in ourselves. We see the world for what it truly is and hope that one day, all of Mankind will do the same. [The world is] an illusion. One which we can submit to, as most do - or transcend. [To transcend is] to recognize that nothing is true and everything is permitted. That laws arise not from divinity - but from reason.

Assassin's Creed I.
AQ  Post #: 81
5/28/2011 17:02:43   
Dragon_Koopa

"If you are a warrior, then we must fight 'till the last man!" -Magnus Dan (Grand Chase)

"Man that trailer lied to me. It said this movie is coming soon. This is way longer than soon. This is like coming eventually, or coming maybe never uh I don't know..." -Naruto (Spoof Movie No Jutsu part 1)

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 82
5/28/2011 17:07:35   
black knight 1234567

"Remember and you might be welcomed amongst the heartless monsters you surround yourself with, feeding off the pain and misfortune of others, a maniacal version of sub-human parasites, warped into a feeding frenzy at the smell of fresh blood. Open your eyes and see the creatures for what they are, a swirling mass of hatred and envy. Don't be naive enough to think you're unaffected: The conversion has already begun." - David Draimen, Disturbed, Haunted.

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 83
5/28/2011 17:07:41   
10inchesjedi

When life give you lemons...
DF  Post #: 84
5/29/2011 3:06:55   
Wildroses
A beautiful Rose,
always and forever

quote:

I hope those tattoos on his arm aren't permanent

My grandma, who apparently doesn't get the point of a tattoo. I managed not to burst into hysterical laughter when she said that (just).

quote:

To any truly impartial person, it would be obvious that I am always right!

Ashleigh Brilliant. I've had run-ins with these kind of people before.

quote:

Computers make very fast very quick mistakes.

Bumper sticker owned by my mother.

quote:

I find television very educational. The minute someone turns one on I go to the library and read a good book.

Groucho Marx
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 85
5/30/2011 3:06:20   
Sir Nicholas

The following is an excerpt from my family's recent dinner at a Chinese dim sum resturant, between myself and my older brother Andrew.

quote:

Me/Nick: (Tries some food, only to spit it out moment's later) This tastes like feet!
Andrew: It is feet - its chicken feet. I think you're exaggerating *just* a little.
Me/Nick: Try it then.
Andrew: (Does so and has a very awed expression)...delicious!

I actually found I quite enjoyed the Jiaozi - but from now on, I'm avoiding anything distinctly foot-like that came from an animal.

quote:

"Failure is but the prelude to an even greater success."
Proverb.

quote:

"History is not always kind to its patrons. For example, we remember the British as the builders of a great and mighty empire. Not to say they weren't - but some subject people remembered them as a bunch of thieving blighters who would take anything that wasn't nailed down."
Me.

quote:

"It is what is in men's hearts that He cares about. He loves you as He loves me. We have only to ask forgiveness deep within ourselves and be welcomed back."
Gabriel Belmont, Castlevania - Lords of Shadow.
AQ  Post #: 86
6/3/2011 22:56:57   
PBlades

quote:

"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man"

- Jebediah Springfield "The Simpsons"

This quote is actually pretty inspiring,even accounting for the made-up word.
Post #: 87
6/10/2011 14:06:27   
liamliam1234liam

The theme of this post is literature.

quote:

The difficulty of literature is not to write, but to write what you mean.
Robert Lewis Stevenson

quote:

The struggle of literature is in fact a struggle to escape from the confines of language. It stretches out from the utmost limits of what can be said. What stirs literature is the call and attraction of what is not in the dictionary.
Italo Calvino

quote:

Language is the soul of intellect, and reading is the essential process by which that intellect is cultivated beyond the commonplace experiences of everyday life.
quote:

Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own.
Charles Scribner, Jr.

quote:

Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality; it is a way of understanding it.
Lloyd Alexander

quote:

The story itself, the true story, is the one that the audience members create in their minds, guided and shaped by my text, but then transformed, elucidated, expanded, edited, and clarified by their own experience, their own desires, their own hopes and fears.
Orson Scott Card

< Message edited by liamliam1234liam -- 10/15/2015 1:15:11 >
DF  Post #: 88
6/18/2011 12:25:05   
04intel

quote:

"How are kids expected to listen to their parents when cinderella stays out till midnight. Pinocchio dose nothink but lie, Aladdin hangs around with a bunch of thieves, Batman drives at 320mph Sleeping beauty is nothink but lazy and snow white lives with seven men?"

- DailyStar Newspaper
That just made me laugh alot.

quote:

"They have come for our blood but they will drown in there own!!"

- Dawn of War Dark Crusade
Badass! all i need say really.

quote:

Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.

- Karl Marx

quote:

"I bare my sins to all, and make no excuses, but what are you in the dark?"

- Alistair

quote:

"The working class has nothing to lose but there chains"

- Karl Marx

< Message edited by 04intel -- 11/7/2011 15:49:36 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 89
6/21/2011 1:32:08   
Tribal_bob

quote:

I'm going to take a potato chip..AND EAT IT!!!!!!!

~Light Yagami (DeathNote)
quote:

Just because someone is different doesn't mean we can't be the same

~Girl with Mermaid Disease
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 90
7/1/2011 12:15:34   
RoninSaint

"Like looking for a cliché in a haystack."

"Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver."

“If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum”

"Football exemplifies the worst aspects of American society: violence punctuated by committee meetings."
~ George F. Will

“The easiest way of change history is to become a historian.”

“If we all tried to make other people's paths easy, our own feet would have a smooth even place to walk on.”
~ Myrtle Reed

AQ  Post #: 91
7/1/2011 12:45:14   
Iron

"It ain't easy bein' cheesy."
Post #: 92
7/1/2011 18:46:15   
Oddball

quote:

Koizumi just sits there, Smiling like a weirdo

Kyon

quote:

Yuki Is it okay if I have your money?

Haruhi

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 93
7/1/2011 23:05:53   
Superemo
Constructive!

quote:

"Die, monster! You don't belong in this world!"
"It was not by my hand that I am once again given flesh. I was called here by humans who wish to pay me tribute."
"Tribute!?! You steal men's souls and make them your slaves!"
"Perhaps the same could be said of all religions..."
"Your words are as empty as your soul! Mankind ill needs a savior such as you!"
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!"

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 94
7/2/2011 18:32:44   
Riprose123

quote:

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid

Han Solo Star wars episode 4. I lovez dis quote. I lovez it so much.
DF MQ  Post #: 95
7/4/2011 5:42:43   
sean.2
My life for Aiur

quote:

We all carry these things
Inside that no one else can see
They hold us down like anchors
They drown us out at sea

Those lyrics really resonated with me for some reason.
Post #: 96
7/5/2011 5:56:53   
Kidatrea

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but names will leave emotional wounds that never heal."
-Timmy's dad

"Either I have to get a job or you have to get a job. Which means you have to get a job."
-Timmy's mom

DF MQ  Post #: 97
7/29/2011 19:15:40   
Xplayer
Roaming the Web

I finished reading "Welcome to the N.H.K.!" on my Kindle (from a PDF), and highlighted a couple of quotes that stood out to me. These are all narrations from the protagonist, Satou Tatsuhiro.

quote:

The largest source of rage is his own personal cowardice.

quote:

We're forever alone, and we're forever lonely. That's how it always is the way it's supposed to be. Everyone is like this so don't hate yourself. There are other things you should hate.

quote:

Even if you fall into hell, keep trying, all of you.

I still have three quotes left? MORE ARIA QUOTES!
quote:

“Try to smile, and I’m sure that everyone in front of you will smile back at you.”

~Athena Glory
quote:

“The tender, but painful feeling of one person loving another is sure to bring a warm light to anyone’s heart.”

~Akari Mizunashi
quote:

“The fact that there’s many things you don’t know yet means there’s still many wonders out there!”

~Alicia Florence
AQ AQW  Post #: 98
7/30/2011 23:55:07   
Sorrowblade XIII

quote:

Only two things matter: Force in as great a concentration as you can manage, and style. And in a pinch, style can slide.

~ Xykon, Order of the Stick
Don't really know why I like this quote, it just kind of stuck with me because 99.99% of everything Xykon ever says is just plain awesome.

quote:

You see, guys, family is a lot like, uh... whales! Yeah, because without family you're a whale in the desert, which is bad because you will die of heat exposure. But with family, you get carried back to the ocean so you can play with your whale family.

~ Unknown

quote:

Well, that was nothing like the back of the box! Where's my space lobster?

~ Strong Bad

quote:

Alright, we need to know where this store house is, because there's a guy there who is eating the burgers to produce fuel for his organic jetpacks.

~ Dr. McNinja
Yes, this quote really does make absolute sense. No, I won't explain how, because it will sound even crazier.

quote:

Afterwards, she stared at his hands for forty minutes before saying, "The real person is beneath the skin, dude."

~ Cracked's synopsis of the twilight saga

~ Sb XIII
AQ DF  Post #: 99
7/31/2011 8:47:14   
Kidatrea

quote:

Time for a trip to the recycle bin, Phantom. And then once you're in the recycle bin, I'm going to right-click on it and select "Empty Recycle Bin", because otherwise you would just be taking up unnecessary space. In other words, I'm going to kill you

-Seto Kaiba

quote:

Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun. But since we're dubbed by 4kids we must make do without one.

-Joey

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series quotes FTW!

< Message edited by Kidatrea -- 8/1/2011 6:24:43 >
DF MQ  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> RE: The Official Quotes Thread
Page 4 of 10«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition