Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Official Quotes Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> RE: The Official Quotes Thread
Page 6 of 10«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/29/2012 11:44:59   
Veranex

quote:

Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. ~Dr. Seuss

quote:

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

quote:

“A friend is someone who, upon seeing another friend in immense pain, would rather be the one experiencing the pain than to have to watch their friend suffer.” ~No clue who said it.

DF MQ  Post #: 126
1/29/2012 18:30:45   
Sir Nicholas

Very clever Draketh. That made me laugh.

Now then.

quote:

A man's art is the window to his heart.
Me.

quote:

The difference between an optimist and a pessimist is drole. The optimist sees the donut, the pessimist sees the hole!
Oscar Wilde.

quote:

Rules are not necessarily sacred; principles are.
Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

quote:

Morte: (A floating skull, if you attempt to give him a melee weapon) "Oh sure, I'll just...swing it with my arms!"
Planescape: Torment.

quote:

Ms. Flitworth: I take it you do dance, Mr. Bill Door?
Bill Door: (AKA, The Reaper) Famed for it Miss Flitworth.
Reaper Man.

quote:

If you seek absolute truth, you will not find it. You will find only truth that appeals to you.
Unknown.

quote:

The one constant of the universe is change. Change is life - because to change requires energy and motion. Therefore, if something ever stops changing - then it will stagnate and die. The stars and planets - people and all things that are, they are constantly changing. Because the world changes, so too must we change to adapt to it.
Unknown.

quote:

I must admit I'm pleasantly surprised. Here I was thinking you were a scumbag, but you're actually down-to-earth and reasonable.
A friend of mine when we reconciled our differences. We were enemies before then, but we eventually came to an understanding.

< Message edited by Sir Nicholas -- 1/31/2012 12:48:27 >
AQ  Post #: 127
2/15/2012 19:02:08   
forumlogin

quote:

I sense apple trying to sell replacement screens...

Thanks to draketh for this memorable quote. For context, since it seems weird on its own, he was responding in a thread which mentioned that iStuff apps for cats had been created.
DF MQ  Post #: 128
2/18/2012 15:49:59   
04intel

quote:

"Demons run when a good man goes to war. Night will fall and drown the sun, when a good man goes to war. Friendship dies and true love lies, night will fall and the dark will rise. When a good man goes to war, demons run, but count the cost. The battle's won, but the child is lost."

~ Demons Run, Doctor Who

quote:

"Don't tell me about the press. I know exactly who reads the papers: The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country, The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country, The Times is read by people who actually do run the country, The Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country, The Financial Times is read by people who own the country, The Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country and the Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is and the Sun readers don't care who run's the country as long as she's got big tits""

~ Yes Prime Minister.

quote:

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage amongst his books. For to you the Kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned by the flicking of a finger."

~ Gordon R. Dickson, The Tactics of Mistake

quote:

"Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich."

~ Napoleon Bonaparte

quote:

It's all about power: grabbing it, keeping it, using it... Power is our currency, our DNA, our God. We control the world. We provide the blueprint and we give the instructions. We're the people in grainy photos on grassy knolls; we're the shadowy faces in smokey backrooms and darkened boardrooms. We're right here, hiding in plain sight, buying and selling favors: blackmail, treason, deceit- these are our stock in trade. We work the magic of the drunken evenings with senators and chiefs of staff. We shake down demons, and negotiate with sorcerers. We have stocks in Hell, and compromising photos of Angels. We use any means necessary regardless of the cost, because the world is a bad place, and you can either do or get done. We're the Illuminati... and we're not done.

~ Illuminati intro of the Secret World MMO

quote:

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're gonna do something incredibly... stupid."

~ Captain Jack Sparrow.

< Message edited by 04intel -- 11/24/2012 6:59:17 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 129
2/19/2012 16:14:11   
Xplayer
Roaming the Web

Nisemonogatari has provided me with a couple of good quotes.

quote:

“You can lose the match and the game, but if you don’t lose to yourself, then it isn’t a loss”
~Karen Araragi, Nisemonogatari
quote:

“I’m not a hero or a good guy. I’m just an enemy of evil.”
~Senjougahara Hitagi, Nisemonogatari

And now for a couple more completely unrelated quotes.
quote:

"One of the greatest gifts you can give anybody is the gift of your honest self. I also believe that kids can spot a phony a mile away."
~Mr. Fred Rogers
quote:

“Needless flaunting of sex appeal is a potential hazard for lowering one’s rating.”
~Nagi Sanzenin, Hayate the Combat Butler
AQ AQW  Post #: 130
2/20/2012 8:27:38   
Corvus Corax
♥ Senpai ♥

I've been reading a bit of Dave Barry lately.

quote:

As a child, I was more afraid of tetanus shots than, for example, Dracula.
Dave Barry

quote:

Fishing is boring, unless you catch an actual fish, and then it is disgusting.
Dave Barry

quote:

My problem with chess was that all my pieces wanted to end the game as soon as possible.
Dave Barry
AQ AQW  Post #: 131
2/25/2012 15:54:58   
Dragon_Koopa

quote:

We are the Dark Knights for justice. Because as children we were nursed on the milk of justice, and as we grew up we acquired a taste for justice. Now as we get older we once again desire the taste of justice... but we cannot find the milk! So we go to Starbucks! And we get a coffee! But it's not the same thing! IT SUCKS! WHY DID I ORDER THIS!? IT'S TERRIBLE! And now you all understand what our mission is. And. What. We. Must. Do.

One-Code MENT episode 8...

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 132
2/25/2012 17:32:42   
Sir Nicholas

quote:

In men of the greatest stature and noblest genius, there is an insatiable desire for honor, glory and goodness.
Cicero.

quote:

The ideal state never wages war unless it is in its defense.
Also by Cicero.

quote:

Gnôthi seauton- "Know thyself".
Greek Aphorism.

quote:

Do not take honor in fighting with my presence. Take honor in that you fight for good - for that is the source of my strength.
Kheldorn Firecam, Baldur's Gate.

quote:

Ignorance is not bliss. It is oblivion.
Philip Wylie.

quote:

There is no such thing as a perfect world. There's only a world that's constantly getting better.
Unknown.

quote:

Nothing terrifies me, because nothing is beyond my ability to change.
David Xanatos.

quote:

What seems to us as bitter trials are more often than not, blessings in disguise.
Oscar Wilde.

quote:

Faith is what compels a mother bird to throw her babies out of the nest, so they can spread their wings and fly.
Unknown.

quote:

The heart that is kind and generous resembles God the most.
Robert Burns.

quote:

I'm either a man far ahead of his time or way behind it.
Unknown.

quote:

A fool is one who knows nothing, yet professes to know everything.
Unknown.

quote:

Legal and right are not always the same thing.
Me.

quote:

Ever read the Odyssey? When Odysseus was captured by the Cyclops, it asked him what his name was. He told it his name was "Nobody". Later, when he poked its eye out, and its friends asked who did it - all the cyclops could say was "Nobody."
Batman.

< Message edited by Sir Nicholas -- 3/16/2012 21:24:52 >
AQ  Post #: 133
3/10/2012 23:21:49   
Bear
Banned

quote:

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
Marianne Williamson, via the show Wilfred harharhar
Post #: 134
3/24/2012 12:40:44   
Fish

quote:

Cal Lightman: I can't wait til' tomorrow

Poker Buddies: Whys that?

Cal Lightman: Because I get better looking everyday.

By far my favorite quote.
AQW  Post #: 135
4/3/2012 20:15:28   
Sir Nicholas

quote:

Westley/Man-in-Black: You're that smart?
Vizzini: Let me put it this way - ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?
Westley/Man-in-Black: Yes.
Vizzini: Morons.
The Princess Bride, film.

quote:

Inigo: (*Sword fighting with Westley*) You are wonderful!
Westley: Thank you, I've worked hard to become so.
Inigo: I admit that you are better than I am.
Westley: Then why are you smiling?
Inigo: Because I know something you don't know.
Westley: And what is that?
Inigo: I am not left handed! (*Switches sword hands and gains an advantage*)
Also from the Princess Bride.

quote:

Balian: Every man at arms, or capable of bearing them. Kneel! On your knees! (*Every man present kneels*) Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless. That is your oath. (*Slaps the boy's face*) And that is so you remember it. Rise a knight. Rise...a knight!
(*Every man rises*)
Bishop: Who do you think you are? Will you alter the world? Does making a man a knight, make him a better fighter?
Balian: (*Long dramatic pause*)....Yes.
Kingdom of Heaven - one of my favorite films.
AQ  Post #: 136
4/10/2012 2:32:56   
Sir Nicholas

quote:

The ignorant are ever hateful of that which they do not understand.
Unknown.

quote:

There are no true external enemies. The only opponent a man needs to fear - is his own imagined weakness.
Unknown.

quote:

A critic is a soldier that arrives late to the battlefield and begins shooting the survivors.
Mark Twain.

quote:

The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it is conformity.
Rollo May.

quote:

One minute of patience is worth one year of peace.
Greek proverb.

quote:

Dum Spiro, Spero. (Latin: While I Breath, I Hope)
Proverb.

quote:

Living just to die is too sad.
Lelouch Lamperouge.

quote:

Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do.
Luke 23:34.

quote:

Mankind is like an ocean. It twists and turns and tempests. It may have a few bad drops, but a few bad drops do not pollute the entire ocean.
Mahatma Ghandi.

quote:

Who has right on their side?

Whose officers are better?

Who is favored by law?

Whose orders will be better carried out?

Whose armies are stronger?

Whose troops are better fighters?

Whose regulations are more clear?
Sun-Tzu, The Art of War.

< Message edited by Sir Nicholas -- 4/23/2012 23:19:44 >
AQ  Post #: 137
4/10/2012 2:44:46   
draketh99
Purple Armadillo

quote:

To act on impulse is far from being free, it simply makes one slave to their own desires. Attempt to deny yourself your strongest of desires and then tell me just how free you really are.

~Draketh

quote:

I've noticed that when an issue looks gray, it's typically a multitude of black and white issues amassed together that we simply need to look close enough to see.
~Author unknown

DF  Post #: 138
5/12/2012 16:39:25   
Onyx Darkmatter

quote:

"Just because a man in a clan is bad, doesn't make the clan bad."

~Me
In other words: You shouldn't use Stereotypes in the wrong way.

quote:

"Even if we Reploids are destined to join the scrap heap when that evolutionary step does come about... We still have to fight... Not only against Mavericks, but against our own destiny as well."

~Zero - Megaman X(8)
I don't know why, but I agree with this quote.

quote:

War is the Science of Destruction.

~Can't remember the name.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 139
5/12/2012 18:32:39   
Fish

^John Abbott said "war is the Science of Destruction." IIRC.

quote:

"Only the Dead have seen the end of war." -Plato

That ones true, if you think about it.

AQW  Post #: 140
5/12/2012 23:00:57   
Corvus Corax
♥ Senpai ♥

Just a friendly reminder, there are some rules for posting in this thread, and they aren't being followed. Please take a moment to read them over and make certain you're familiar with them. Thanks!

~CC~

quote:

Basic rules:

• Discussion is not a must, but it is encouraged. Quotes are interesting by themselves, for the most part, but discussion as to why you are posting them is even better. Discussion of what others post is encouraged also.

• Quotes may not exceed 4 sentences.

• Six (6) quotes per post maximum.

• Individuals may not post more than two (2) posts per page.

• Quotes need to be original. In other words, if it is already in the thread, do not repost it.

• All posting behaviour rules are in effect. Even if the quote source self-censors... you are not excused. You are responsible for everything you post.
  • AQ AQW  Post #: 141
    5/20/2012 0:17:34   
    Cataclysm
    The fanciest of moustaches

Wake Up Deadman, Ch 25, Sahu's interior monologue at the end of Season 1 (spoilered in case anyone hasn't yet read it):

spoiler:

quote:

You walk frantically, following a single path, but when you feel as if you've forgotten something and look back to see what it is, you'll see a pile of things you had to leave behind so that you could walk that path. Things so precious that you can neither forget, nor throw away. But, you cannot retrace your steps, nor have the courage to stop walking. Just bear all your regrets, just bury all your lingering desires, and though you might look back again and again, you can only continue walking forward.

It's deep. Real deep. I read it and shudder because it's just so true. Sometimes, you have to sacrifice things, things you may never get back, but you can't go back and undo it, no matter what you lost.

Wake Up Deadman, Ch 20, Skull:

quote:

A dream is not something romantic like [a love] letter. You can't even dream it unless you're willing to be utterly selfish about it.

People think about "dreams" carelessly now. A true dream contains your hopes, your aspirations, your future. You shouldn't ever throw away those things, no matter what the cost may be.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 142
    5/29/2012 11:34:37   
    Crump

"something Ron Paul said" -Ron Paul

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 143
    6/4/2012 0:31:11   
    Kidatrea

quote:

Have you ever wondered what it is that holds the fabric of society together? No, it's not cooperation or trust or any of that stuff hippies want you to believe. It's lies!

Dr. Doofenschmirtz
    DF MQ  Post #: 144
    6/22/2012 6:19:53   
    Yammka

quote:

"Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be here today."

-- Lawrence Krauss
    AQ  Post #: 145
    6/22/2012 20:25:00   
    Dragon_Koopa

All quotes are by Joe from "Joe's Epic Life"(A series I made)

quote:

Actually, there were two possible outcomes in this match. One was that I would win, the other was that you would lose. Oh wait, they both happened. (To Erika from FE:The Sacred Stones)

quote:

So you and that Sothe guy aren’t dating right? If so, want to go do some things a boyfriend and a girlfriend would normally do? Wait… let me rephrase that… Let’s just go walk around and eat some applesauce or something … (To Micaiah from FE:Radiant Dawn)

quote:

No way, that’s the Demonic Blade of Death! Me and my friends in SOLDIER retrieved it back when I was working for them… It disappeared out of nowhere when the ShinRa building was under attack once… I always knew that sword was a Chekov’s Gun… I KNEW! *To Dragonlord Drakon’s Ghost after he realizes that he was wielding the Demonic Blade of Death*

quote:

I’ll admit Princess. You’re really pretty. But there are two reasons why I can’t be with you. 1. I’m already married to a Frozen-Shade and she’s a lot prettier than you. No offense. 2. You’re a Kitsune. You’ll probably eat my liver one day while I’m sleeping... *To Princess Kumi after she urges Joe to marry her*

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 146
    6/24/2012 13:09:26   
    Poetic Melody

quote:

Love is life. All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love. Everything is, everything exists, only because I love. Everything is united by it alone.

-Leo Tolstoy

I love this quote. It gives such a strong message.

quote:

Why fit in when you were born to stand out?

-Dr. Seuss

Awesome, awesome guy. This quote is just so simple but so true.

quote:

We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.

-Dr. Suess

Probably the closest anyone could come to defining love. It really explains what so many people have tried to say but failed at. You don't love someone for their flaws, as some say, because you also love things about them that aren't flawed. You love them because of your mutual weirdness.

quote:

If you're not pissed off at the world, then you're just not paying attention.

-Kasey Chambers

This quote is from her song Ignorance, which is just an incredible song. Every single lyric is so strong by itself, but when they come together it easily makes it the most powerful song I've ever heard. This line specifically is extremely powerful though.

quote:

The darkness outside you is only as dark as the darkness inside you, and everything you see is a reflection of who you are.

-Kerli

Sort of a "Life is how you make it" quote but easier to relate to, for me at least.

quote:

There's no conspiracy/ behind the way two hearts meet/ when Love is a Two-Way Street.

-Kimbra

Such a cool lady that really knows how to use her words.
    DF  Post #: 147
    6/24/2012 13:37:29   
    Edgemaster Scion
    Constructive!

quote:

No matter what, no matter what happens to you, no matter how desperate you feel, never resort to violence.

quote:

If for one moment you think you're better than a 16 year old girl in a Green Day T-shirt, you're solely mistaken. Remember the first time you went to a show and saw your favorite band? You wore their shirt and sang every word. You didn't know anything about scene, politics, haircuts, or what was cool. All you knew was that this music made you feel different from anyone you shared a locker with; someone finally understood you. This is what music is about.

Both by Gerard Way.
    AQ DF Epic  Post #: 148
    6/25/2012 16:27:41   
    liamliam1234liam

quote:

The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have little.
    quote:

Competition has been shown to be useful up to a certain point and no further, but cooperation, which is the thing we must strive for today, begins where competition leaves off.
    quote:

The first truth is that the liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is Fascism—ownership of Government by an individual, by a group, or by any other controlling private power. The second truth is that the liberty of a democracy is not safe if its business system does not provide employment and produce and distribute goods in such a way as to sustain an acceptable standard of living. Both lessons hit home. Among us today a concentration of private power without equal in history is growing. This concentration is seriously impairing the economic effectiveness of private enterprise as a way of providing employment for labor and capital and as a way of assuring a more equitable distribution of income and earnings among the people of the nation as a whole.
    Franklin Delano Roosevelt

quote:

If I take the wages of everyone here, individually it means nothing, but collectively all of the earning power or wages that you earned in one week would make me wealthy. And if I could collect it for a year, I would be rich beyond dreams. Now, when you see this, and then you stop and consider the wages that were kept back from millions of Black people, not for one year but for 310 years, you will see how this country got so rich so fast. And what made the economy as strong as it is today. And all that slave labor that was amassed in unpaid wages, is due someone today. And you're not giving us anything when we say that it is time to collect.
    quote:

If you stick a knife in my back nine inches and pull it out six inches, there is no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that is not progress. Progress is healing the wound that the blow made. And they have not even pulled the knife out much less heal the wound. They will not even admit the knife is there.
    Malcolm X

quote:

But in the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the Negro poor has worsened over the last few years; it has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met; and it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice, equality, and humanity. And so in a real sense our nation's summers of riots are caused by our nation's winters of delay, and as long as America postpones justice, we stand in the position of having these recurrences of violence and riots over and over again. Social justice and progress are the absolute guarantors of riot prevention.
    quote:

It is a nice thing to say to people that you ought to lift yourself by your own bootstraps, but it is a cruel jest to say to a bootless man that he ought to lift himself by his own bootstraps. And the fact is that millions of Negroes, as a result of centuries of denial and neglect, have been left bootless; they find themselves impoverished aliens in this affluent society. And there is a great deal that the society can and must do if the Negro is to gain the economic security that he needs.
    Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

< Message edited by liamliam1234liam -- 2/21/2019 9:29:52 >
    DF  Post #: 149
    7/6/2012 8:00:50   
    04intel

quote:

"Anyone who clings to the historically untrue and thoroughly immoral doctrine that 'violence never settles anything' I would advise to conjure up the ghosts of Napoleon Bonaparte and of the Duke of Wellington and let them debate it. The ghost of Hitler could referee..."

~ Starship Troopers. (book)

quote:

"I suppose that in any well-ordered society people like us would be locked up or shot. But then you would have to get people like us to do the locking up and the shooting."

~ Jim Morris, US Army Special Forces.

quote:

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Though passion, i gain strength.
    Though strength, i gain power.
    Though power, i gain victory.
    Though victory, my chains are broken.
    The force shell set me free!"

~ Code of the Sith Order, Star Wars

quote:

"If you have to look along the shaft of an arrow from the wrong end, if a man has you entirely at his mercy, then hope like hell that man is an evil man. Because evil likes power, power over people, and they want to see you in fear. They want you to know you're going to die. So they'll talk. They'll gloat. They'll watch you squirm. They'll put off the moment of murder like another man will put off a good cigar. So hope like hell your captor is an evil man. A good man will kill you with hardly a word."

~ Discworld

< Message edited by 04intel -- 4/19/2013 14:23:38 >
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 150
    Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> RE: The Official Quotes Thread
    Page 6 of 10«<45678>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition