Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Inside the Garden

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Inside the Garden
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/15/2011 10:31:49   
Niki
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Inside the Garden

Location: That A'Way! -> Valencia -> Quests -> Bacon Origin -> More -> Inside the Garden
Requirements: Completion of Garden of Good and Ebil
Release Date: May 1st, 2009

Objective: You fought your way past one of the largest (and grossest) guards imaginable. Who could own a garden that needs such imposing guards?
Objective completed: You really, REALLY don't want to know what is guarding the back gate.

Scaled Yes/No: No
Experience rewarded: 0
Gold rewarded: 0

Monsters
None

NPCs
Cysero
Zeuster

Rewards
Hercowles' Wrap
Bright Pink Egg
Golden Egg
Mottled Egg
Sparkly Egg
Spotted Egg
Striped Egg

Dialogue
Valencia: What are you doing back here? I can't wait to here what you discover inside the garden!

• Quest!
  • Back

Cysero: My thumbs are quite normal, actually.
    Cysero: Unless I hit them with something. Then they're a pretty awesome shade of pulsing blue-purple.
    Cysero: Not green, though, sorry. Never seen them that color, except for that time I was, er, enhancing Warlic's spare bath-robe with that dye.
    Cysero: But that hardly counts.
    <Character>: Cysero?!
    <Character>: What are you doing here?
    Cysero: Waiting for inspiration to strike me.
    Cysero: And by inspiration I mean one of those eggs up there in that tree.
    <Character>: No, I mean what are you doing HERE. In this garden.
    Cysero: It's my garden, why wouldn't I be here?
    <Character>: You... have a garden?
    Cysero: WHAT?
    Cysero: I have things. Why wouldn't I have things? Recently I discovered one of them was a garden.
    Cysero: I could have sworn it was an outhouse before, but hey, you work with what you've got.
    <Character>: But what is it for?
    Cysero: Plants, I think. Or planting plants. It looks like a lot of my nature-based magical experiments have wound up here.
    Cysero: Did you see that schnozzberry bush over there?
    <Character>: ...
    Cysero: They taste like schnozzberries!
    <Character>: Who ever heard of a schnozzberry?
    Cysero: No one! But I had this dream, and after an afternoon in my workshop--
    <Character>: Wait. Did you say you were waiting for an egg to fall?
    Cysero: Yep. Look up. This tree seems to be full of them.
    Cysero: They look pretty ripe, too.
    Cysero: ...
    Cysero: Do eggs get ripe?
    <Character>: There are chickencow eggs.
    <Character>: Growing.
    <Character>: On this tree.
    Cysero: That's what it looks like to me, too! And they're pretty big. I bet one would make THREE omelettes!
    Cysero: And what a tree! It sprung up last week shortly after I spilled that plate of sparkly pink stuff on my plate of fried eggs...
    Cysero: I think.
    Cysero: I tossed my ruined breakfast out the window since, for some reason Warlic, says the library isn't a good place for storing ruined food.
    Cysero: I argued that the 'Ruined Food' cabinet was already full but he wouldn't have it.
    <Character>: Why would chickencow eggs grow on a tree? That makes no sense.
    Cysero: Sure it does. You just need to look at it the right way.
    Cysero: Fruit comes from trees, right?
    <Character>: Yes.
    Cysero: And chickencow eggs come from chickencows, right?
    <Character>: I never really wanted to think about that, but... I suppose that's logical.
    Cysero: So, a chickencow egg is also a chickencow tree seed. Same thing... or close enough for government work.
    Cysero: The tree just needed a little convincing to see things that way. Tis one is bearing chieckencow-fruit. Makes sense to me.
    <Character>: But- but- so this tree is a chickencow?
    Cysero: Of course not, it's a tree.
    Cysero: Do you need glasses?
    <Character>: .....
    Cysero: Yup. As soon as they fall, breakfast is mine! I just need to wait for one to drop...
    Cysero: ...And I've got nothing better to do.
    Cysero: ...And I'm hungry.

So they wait...

Cysero: Any minute now.

After a few minutes...

<Character>: ...

And a few more minutes...

Cysero: Getting VERY hungry now.

*Shake* *Shake* *Shake*

Cysero: OW.
    Cysero: You think you can just fall on me? We'll see about that.
    Cysero: See ya, <Character>. I have to go introduce this egg to my pals...
    Cysero: Skillet, fork and ketchup.
    <Character>: Cysero! Wait!
    Cysero: Fine, no ketchup.
    <Character>: Can I at least take these other eggs back to Zeuster?
    Cysero: Huh? Sure, go ahead. Knock yourself out.
    Cysero: Before one of these soon-to-be-scrambled eggs does it for you.
    <Character>: Oh! One last question. That gigantic snake-lady? What was SHE here for?
    Cysero: She's guardin' the garden, of course.
    Cysero: And you should see what I've got by the BACK gate!

Zeuster: <Character>! I cannot believe you've done it!
    <Character>: You should be able to, after everything else I've managed to do for you.
    Zeuster: *sigh* You are right. You are a rare <Class> of rare skill and yes, of incredible worth. We owe you a great deal.
    <Character>: Awww, well. Someone had to think of the children, er, the chicalves. They belong with their parents, not on a tree or as- nevermind.
    Zeuster: We don't understand how someone managed to take the eggs. Did you determine that? And the identity of the thief?
    <Character>: Weeeeell, you see, they weren't actually stolen. I'm not really sure HOW they got onto that tree in Cysero's garden...
    <Character>: But I'm pretty sure a magic powder, a plate of eggs, and a spacetime vortex under Warlic's kitchen window had something to do with it.
    <Character>: It's Cysero. You don't really want to ask too many questions.
    Zeuster: *nod* Very understandable. But the eggs are back, is what's important! So please, name your reward, <<You>>.
    <Character>: ..... You do remember why I've been doing all these tasks for you, don't you?
    Zeuster: Hmm. Yes. Vaguely. Something about wanting... something. Something very important.
    Zeuster: I have so many supplicants, it's hard to keep track of all those requests, you know.
    <Character>: BACON! I want to know the secret of element bacon! I've been helping you for months, and you don't even know why?!
    Zeuster: I was sure you had a good reason.
    <Character>: *scream of frustration* *deep breath* So... Will you tell me the secret of the bacon element now?
    Zeuster: Of course. Anyone who has served my people so well is ore than deserving enough to know one of out most well-kept secrets.
    Zeuster: I will have to prepare the magepriests, though, as the story is really theirs to tell.
    Zeuster: A letter will be sent to your acquisitive purple-haired friend by the statue when all is ready.

• Complete Quest

Thanks to
  • ArchMagus Orodalf for original entry.
  • Voodoo Master for coloring and corrections.

< Message edited by Jay -- 4/23/2023 5:28:11 >
  • DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Inside the Garden
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition