Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Celtic Cleaver: The End Of SA (being oped) Complaints? Or...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Celtic Cleaver: The End Of SA (being oped) Complaints? Or...
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/19/2011 15:48:09   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

It's not a complete solution since the +Connect % still only affects primary strikes, but I think it's still a good way to mitigate part of Shadow Arts. Since it gives a bonus too, I thought Strength Mercs would be getting the biggest advantage from the Cyber Shillelagh actually, but since it's only on primary strikes, I still block Maul or Berzerker about 35%, so it wasn't as big of game changer as I thought it would be.

I do like the fact that this reduces luck factors instead of increasing them like Azrael's Bane did.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
3/19/2011 15:52:00   
TurkishIncubus

@Dorumon12

Idk i crited with Azrael much it has %5 crit so it worked with Malf :S or i thought it worked with malf :S
I think % connect work with Skills too , are you very very very sure ?
Epic  Post #: 27
3/19/2011 15:56:59   
Dorumon12
Dragon Fire

quote:

Let's not forget about the centerpiece of the new rare set: the Celtic Cleaver. This weapon will replace Azrael's Bane as our
new promo weapon, which will come free with the 10,000 varium package, in addition to being sold by Zedmyr in-game.
This soon-to-be legendary sword will offer a +7% bonus chance to connect on regular strikes. For clarification, this means that you will be
more likely to hit your opponents, and, conversely, they will be less likely to block you. It does not effect your personal block rate.

This off the DN so i pretty sure it for regular strikes only... since RNG is always involved though however, it will
always constantly mess with our heads that the weapon is working better than intended but that luck for you lol.
Epic  Post #: 28
3/20/2011 0:09:07   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

As a bounty hunter, knowing that % Connect only works on regular strikes gives me some relief as my SA wasn't completely nullified. Still, the thought of a str merc doing a regular strike on rage with less chance to get blocked is somewhat terrifying. O.o
Epic  Post #: 29
3/20/2011 0:40:17   
Giras Wolfe

*laughs* You guys are kidding right?

A 7% accuracy boost on one weapon means very little. The only strong blockables we need to block are gamma bot attacks and skills like maul, berzerker, and bludgeon (which I HOPE the % doesn't apply to d.d).

First of all very few people own the sword second of all sword strikes are rarely threatening. Nothing to get worked up over, really.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
3/20/2011 3:45:52   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

^ Yep, the +7% to Connect doesn't apply to skills or robot which is exactly why the sword is nothing to get worked up over. It's essentially just a Frostbane with 1 extra damage.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
3/20/2011 11:26:13   
Crimzon Magi

I'm still confused. Will the chance to connect ONLY work for primary strikes or for skills like maul or zerker?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
3/20/2011 12:27:07   
eragonshadeslayer67

Almost everyone (except str builds) tend to use their robot/unblockables/skills over their primary so celtic cleaver's bonus to hit is nothing but a small, nice add-on IMO

{AQW} Click for full guide to the Tower of NEcromancy! Lvs 0-10!!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 33
3/20/2011 16:33:45   
Hun Kingq

Crimzon Magi, it only works with any physical strikes for the mage it would be the basic strike, malfunction, or Assimilation

but both with the sword and staff they were still blocked by bounties and mercs and some mages but more bounties than any other and Assimilation I saw blocked more often than before especially when I could take enough energy from mercs to take away artillary strike but with great disappointment it was blocked.
Epic  Post #: 34
3/20/2011 17:46:53   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

@Hun Kingq, reread the quote Dorumon12 shared from the DN. The % Connect does NOT work with skill attacks (malfunction, assimilate, maul, berzerker, etc.) Only "regular strikes" (clicking the STRIKE button). You're probably just experiencing a bad streak of luck with all those blocks.
Epic  Post #: 35
3/20/2011 18:35:50   
Hun Kingq

Anything that deals with a strike I don't think you snap your fingers to do malfunction or Assimilation unless I am wrong. No the blocks happen after I put in the verification code and then when they ask me to put in the verification code again I don't get blocked.
Epic  Post #: 36
3/20/2011 19:55:41   
Zean Zapple

As I said in another similar thread, as soon as Christmas comes around again, the ForstBane will wreck all these new mumbo jumbo weapons.

~ZZ
Epic  Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Celtic Cleaver: The End Of SA (being oped) Complaints? Or...
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition