Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =HS= Who will be HeroSmash's Next Major Hero or Villain?! [Discussion]

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> RE: =HS= Who will be HeroSmash's Next Major Hero or Villain?! [Discussion]
Page 3 of 27«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/24/2011 16:23:56   
BrightStorm

Well.... I don't fancy making a complete and total fool of myself online...who knows who'll see it and so on....
BUT, if perhaps there could be other contests like this....I may just be able to meet those cercumatances....

If we could write...stories....( which has been suggested ) Then heck ya' I'd do it. When it comes to writting I know what I'm doing...

But, good luck to everyone who wants to make a fool of them selves ( no offence intended )

But.... I do have some cool ideas for a video...and the costumes....and so on... But..... I highly doubt you'll see me doing that.

Of course greenscreens should be allowed....special effects...and so on.

So i'd say to go ahead and use one IceCold.

~ Kick.

Posts merged, please do not double post. If you have something extra to add use the Edit button instead when you post. ~Digi

< Message edited by Digital X -- 3/24/2011 16:57:07 >
Post #: 51
3/24/2011 16:49:18   
IceCold

I already have:D

Though, I have everything ready, but Windows Movie Messenger doesn't let me save it to my computer. Any help?
AQW  Post #: 52
3/24/2011 17:11:15   
Kouza

Er, do you have to SPEAK in the video? Like, I want to just put text in the video, and not speak.
Post #: 53
3/24/2011 17:17:26   
IceCold

Well, in the video there has to be live action, the text may be in description, I guess.
AQW  Post #: 54
3/24/2011 17:20:41   
Kouza

I mean like, instead of SPEAKING, type what I say and put it INSIDE the video.
Post #: 55
3/24/2011 17:30:16   
P3rf3ction

nope its gotta be live
AQW Epic  Post #: 56
3/24/2011 17:37:41   
alpha strike

im gonna run around in my costume running everywhere saying "I ISH NEENJA!!! RAWR!!!!" would that be the live action? i am king of making fool of my self

< Message edited by alpha strike -- 3/24/2011 17:38:22 >
Post #: 57
3/24/2011 17:40:21   
  Artix

Greetings and salutations friends!

I love this. In the 8 years we have been making games together... this is something on the level of crazy that I have never seen before.

We are going to change the rules a bit for those of you who may wish to run for President one day. (Although, I would totally vote for a super hero as president... personally) You can now show a video of your in-game character and use your real voice to speak as your character (feel free to change it with audio editing software) if you do not want to appear on camera. But it must be a YouTube Video. But to be fair, know that those few super brave heroes who appear on camera are going to have much higher odds. In fact, we have already seen one video from a boy wearing a towel on his back, and army helm and he made a VERY compelling argument for being an NPC... he is going in the next release 100%... just for being the first to do it. (Although he did make his video private so only we could see it -- should that be allowed?)

COMMENT: Caseybp said "I’m sure this is just AE wanting us to dress funny for their own lol's And the one that makes them laugh the most wins."
REPONSE: You bet! Although, people who are ultra serious, scary, polite, weird, and heroic can win too.

COMMENT: I do not want to make a fool out of myself, just to become a NPC."
RESPONSE: It takes a lot of nerve to do something as crazy as this! Even if you are not participating, be sure to cheer on and be supportive of everyone entering. People can make a lot of mean comments... everyone in the HeroSmash community, regardless of being a Hero or Villain, should always be awesome to each other.

QUESTION: "Can I write a story instead?"
ANSWER: No. But you can read your story with a picture of your character on the screen. That would be acceptable.

COMMENT: "Getting a costume is too expensive!"
RESPONSE: A towel for a cape and creative look around your closet can go a long way :-) We are not picky... we are fun!

COMMENT: "If we are doing this, the staff should do some too!"
RESPONSE: Ok... no-one actually made this comment... but I think it is a GREAT IDEA!!!! I went into the other room and talked Thyton, Yergen, Jemini, and the team into doing it :-)

COMMENT: "Do we really want to be immortalized as a public embarrassment?"
RESPONSE: There are two ways to be immortalized... this is the more fun way.

QUESTION: Can I use a Green screen / Blue screen
RESPONSE: OMG! Yes! Yes!

QUESTION: Can we make our videos private?
RESPONSE: Official judgment on this question.... You may make your videos "private" so that they cannot be searched on YouTube, but they must be "viewable to anyone who has the link" which you will post on the forums.

Be safe and have fun :-) Remember, do not give out your real name or any other personal information (A real hero always protects their secret identity!)

Battle on!
Martial Artix

< Message edited by Artix -- 3/24/2011 18:12:44 >
AQ  Post #: 58
3/24/2011 17:46:49   
IceCold

I still didn't get an official answer for my question. Are green/bluescreen effects allowed?
AQW  Post #: 59
3/24/2011 17:47:29   

Yay I might just record myself reading!!
Someone PM me with an editable software speech recorder??

Nvm, might as well record myself and increase my chances.

So can we make the video private and to whom do we share it with?

< Message edited by 2046808 -- 3/24/2011 17:49:58 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 60
3/24/2011 17:49:49   
P3rf3ction

yeacan someone pm me a video editing software
AQW Epic  Post #: 61
3/24/2011 18:08:03   
GriffinFire
Pirate King

Artix, do you think there will be future contests in other media, e.g. comics?

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 62
3/24/2011 18:10:24   
The Death Angel

quote:

COMMENT: Razhork said "...But today, I realized that I don't really want to make a fool out of myself, just to become a NPC."
RESPONSE: It takes a lot of nerve to do something as crazy as this! Even if you are not participating, be sure to cheer on and be supportive of everyone entering. People can make a lot of mean comments... everyone in the HeroSmash community, regardless of being a Hero or Villain, should always be awesome to each other.

Now I definently doesn't feel like a bad person at all. I sincerely hope that response wasn't 100% towards me, because I may be 1 of the most friendliest people in our community, well in-game atleast. This is not me showing off my "Internet self-esteem", it's me showing off who I am. Because even in real life, I try to be friendly and not hurt anyone. And so far, i've succeded. But what truly saddens me, is to see how little people appreciate kindness these days. It really does make me sad. And this comment made me abit sad, especially when it's coming from such a person as you. I don't know why I make such a big deal out of it to be honest. If I didn't express it earlier in that post, then i'm gonna do it now.

I salute everyone who is entering this contest. But what I wanted to say was, this isn't the way <I> want to become immortalized nothing more, nothing less.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 63
3/24/2011 18:14:12   
  Artix

Razhork,

We all think highly of you! You are awesome :-)

I edited my post to focus better on the answer which I thought would be good for all players to read.

Battle on!
Artix
AQ  Post #: 64
3/24/2011 18:17:53   
Kouza

So... No text editing? :o Because I don't wanna talk... At all.
Post #: 65
3/24/2011 18:19:51   
kaleykil

Can u make a video of your character on Herosmash? cause thats what i did...
Herosmash Character Movie
like typing and making th character do all the work..lol

< Message edited by kaleykil -- 3/25/2011 1:21:51 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 66
3/24/2011 18:31:13   
IceCold

A'ight, Bluscreen is a go then:D

BTW, Artix, did the guy who made his video private, was he a hero or villain
AQW  Post #: 67
3/24/2011 18:42:00   
Trog
Handsome Devil!

I'll just wish everyone here luck!

One of my favorite fictional heroes, the Great Saiyaman has some excellent posing techniques. He's a 100% top notch hero.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 68
3/24/2011 18:47:03   
soul syth

do we need to dress up? i have a drawing that's awesome( such as http://twitpic.com/44hu5n ) and i dont have a camera

< Message edited by soul syth -- 3/24/2011 18:55:30 >
AQW  Post #: 69
3/24/2011 18:50:14   
.Discipline

Mr Discipline is probably going to star in a video once I can gather filming equipment. I'm working on the costume and makeup.
Question: Would rooftop freerunning and battle shots be allowed? As they may be interpreted as dangerous or illegal.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
3/24/2011 19:04:17   
P3rf3ction

heres my video
perfection
AQW Epic  Post #: 71
3/24/2011 19:21:59   
Nightly

I shall definitely round up my troupe of friends and do an Old Spice spoof!

"Look down, now back up! That's right! It is me! Nightly! HA HA HA!"

Post #: 72
3/24/2011 19:23:59   
primalvoldo

@above You don't post your vid here this is just disscusion

anyway so do we have to use our real life voice for the video why can't we just explain our details by typing them in the chat box on HeroSmash since I don't want to get rid of my privacy. If this contest wants to get rid of everyones privacy...what a rip off!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 73
3/24/2011 19:26:21   
P3rf3ction

@ABOVE where a mask like i did no one wont kno who u are
AQW Epic  Post #: 74
3/24/2011 19:42:16   
IceCold

If you don't want to do live action where you talk, then you can make a video of you in Herosmash where you talk in-game and then record your real voice on the vid.
AQW  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> RE: =HS= Who will be HeroSmash's Next Major Hero or Villain?! [Discussion]
Page 3 of 27«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition