Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Ideas for Buffing Founders

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Ideas for Buffing Founders
Page 3 of 9«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/26/2011 21:58:48   
xxmirxx

many have spend 4500 varium on both gender armor on hopes that founder will be weaker in game. Not to find out that founder armor will be buff again. So what's fair for you is rip off those who came after beta times. That's why I am outraged by founders to get special treatment so fast. I do agree you should get buff but in few mobths If don't make version to founder armor. You guys were never promise to have best armor in game. Here what was actually said about founder armor.quote: EpicDuel is open to all players allowing anyone to create an account and play. Also, for the first time, Varium will become available for purchase. Anyone who buys Varium tonight, or during the first 31 days will recieve the once in a lifetime.... Founder Status!were do you see you were promise to have best armor in game forever. http://www.epicduel.com/archive/news/news-dec09.asp
AQ Epic  Post #: 51
4/26/2011 21:59:34   
goldslayer1

@frosty
when did he say to let gamma players buy founder?
AQW Epic  Post #: 52
4/26/2011 22:00:54   
T.600

^There's all the proof we need. -.-"
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 53
4/26/2011 22:01:46   
xxmirxx

i said we should make version 2 founder armor. so they gamma players as well would be happy.
AQ Epic  Post #: 54
4/26/2011 22:02:42   
T.600

^Or just make a different armor, it doesn't have to be founder.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 55
4/26/2011 22:02:51   
frosty123

oops my mistake. Srry xxmirvxx. I will edit it. MUst have imagined it. (but i thought i saw it must be form staying up till three :( ) Srry ill delete it
Post #: 56
4/26/2011 22:05:55   
xxmirxx

quote:

founders should have second version but this time. It be limt time only and second version would have plus 10 resistance and stats would all be 9 a cross so this time gamma players to will have right get armor. Ps I bet this won't be read by anyone.

I think this what you ment before.
AQ Epic  Post #: 57
4/26/2011 22:38:21   
beastmo

What this discussion is gonna be about is founders will say yes buff it etc and non founders will say dont this is actually pointless
Epic  Post #: 58
4/27/2011 1:27:47   
BlueKatz

Free Enhancement slots? And raise 1 or 2 Per year like seasonal rare?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 59
4/27/2011 2:59:10   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

It is interesting that this discussion is about a Founder armor buff. I do ask not to put your hopes so high that you will be upset for anything else that is provided. My thought is the developers might give something to all Founders (status), this includes the Founders who did not get the armor as well. What it may be, only the uppers would know.

Personally, I am excited for a possible surprise of the unexpected.
AQW Epic  Post #: 60
4/27/2011 3:00:13   
Shadronica

I really have no idea what stats I would like to have if Founders armor did get a buff but I do know that I hope to be able to happily wear my founder armor well into the future.

At least give it a boost to make it useable.

The thing is that no matter what they do to our founder armor the ones that don't have it will always complain that the founders armor made them lose.

This blame that is constantly thrown on founder armor is completely unfounded and I can prove it as I have a very healthy alt. named Shadist.

I started Shadist's account the week after the founder offer finished. My little non founder merc was a great deal of enjoyment to me. She was far more popular than my founder mage and I was extremely proud to have a very good win % in 2v2 and she was on the 2v2 leaderboard for 6 months last year. She also has a more than healthy 1v1 win % as well. In many ways my non founder mercenary did as well or if not better than my founder mage.

Shaniqua did exactly the same thing. He started with his founder Bounty Hunter then he also made a non founder Mage Moesha. Moesha also had a very high win %.

I am providing proof here that you do not have to have founder armor to win so please stop saying that founder armor is so OP.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 61
4/27/2011 3:09:44   
Polandor

Founder Armor official reply From Nightwraith

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=18897822&mpage=9&key=�

It looks like a lot the broken promises cited here are actually assumptions.

1) Founder armor was never promised to be the best armor in the game forever. Any buff received after it's release was influenced by popular opinion, but entirely at the discretion of the developers. It can still be argued that it's one of the strongest and definitely one of the rarest items in the game.

2) Elites were not promised new bonuses each update. Their unlimited varium reduced to a finite supply (20k) because unlimited varium would never have balanced with most of the varium features in game. They also received Founder and Beta gear free, plus a hoverbike that is only available as a rare arcade drop.

As developers, we are constantly faced with the challenge of pleasing our past supporters while not alienating future supporters. Each prior phase wants better perks than the more recent phase, so this creates a massive implied obligation on our part. If we went this route, each release would consist of creating content specifically for past supporters, which would devour development time on forward progress while discouraging new players from buying, since we would create a ceiling of super-premium content they could never penetrate. Games like AQW can award new content to members and founder because 1) it doesn't affect balance and 2) they have the staff to do so. Smaller games like MechQuest that promised perks like monthly mechs for upgraded members had to compromise on this promise due to lack of staff.

I'm not saying we don't appreciate past support, but we are not obligated to create content specifically for Alphas, Elites, Founders, Betas and so on. Anything special we give these supporters is a gift given out of appreciation and kindness, not obligation.

Polandor

It has been the best armor for ever, and now might be just a little behind bunny lv 33 armor, stop the non sense the armor his fine.

How could you justify us non founder, pay a lot for many new armor that will never be updated, and give more real $ to epic duel, and those who only paid a very little amount get their gear updated for free for ever ?

I have spend 500$ on epic this is probably a lot more than most founders, the armor is good and look good, if the armor was sold has his right now, many would still buy it.

< Message edited by Polandor -- 4/27/2011 3:10:58 >
Post #: 62
4/27/2011 3:20:21   
xxmirxx

as you know shadist you were my third faction. it reminds me of good old days.
AQ Epic  Post #: 63
4/27/2011 3:26:06   
TankMage

+1 Resistance

AQ Epic  Post #: 64
4/27/2011 3:39:47   
RKC

Whats wrong in just putting +1 resistance in founders armor, will it cause ED to collapse or make things unfair.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 65
4/27/2011 3:50:00   
Polandor

Now I don't mind a founder bonus, give them 100 houses, 2000 house items, 5000 bikes..., + 1000000 fame, +1000000 stars, even give them 10K varium.
Give them the moon, but don't give them a battle boost (boosting the armor).

Hell give them and option to trade in their armor for bunny, problem solve they have the strongest armor, and would stop begging in forum, and would experience what we all do, when a new armor is better than bunny, let see how many armor have been buffed in the past beside founder ? (ZERO)

I have bought so many armors, I use Space E i bought warbot P, just a few weeks ago, and enhanced them, now just a few weeks the armor is beat by the new bunny armor!

How many space armor or warbot post have you seen asking to buff those armor ? (none).

Space and warbot deserve to be buffed has much has founders.

Now about my lv 28 armor, who look good like caden, desert that are so weak now because only +4 enhancement, why not buff those ?

< Message edited by Polandor -- 4/27/2011 3:57:05 >
Post #: 66
4/27/2011 10:51:40   
IsaiahtheMage

My idea is:

It should give 8 Tech and Dex(Like it has) and 2 Sup Str and 9 res or def. A physical and energy armor.With a 3% chance to connect and crit on normal strikes of course. They deserve it since they been here so long. I dont get you guys mentality that since you dont have founders the founders cant get any reward because "I chose not to buy it when I could" or because "it be way to Oped" or its "unfair". That is just plain selfish.
AQW Epic  Post #: 67
4/27/2011 19:43:38   
Bunshichi

hmmm......I see nothing in the old design notes about founders getting buffed or rewarded in this.

http://www.epicduel.com/archive/news/news-dec09.asp
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 68
4/28/2011 0:33:29   
Deboise

quote:

Hell give them and option to trade in their armor for bunny, problem solve they have the strongest armor, and would stop begging in forum, and would experience what we all do, when a new armor is better than bunny, let see how many armor have been buffed in the past beside founder ? (ZERO)

shows u don't know what us founders are even talking about...

We Don't want founder armor to be the best...though many of us think it should be..

We Simply want to be able to keep using it... so trading for bunny makes no sense...if i wanted bunny i would have just bought it... 0_o

let me pay for bunny but keep the look of founder..then ill be happy..

Deboise
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 69
4/28/2011 0:37:55   
Bunshichi

^

Debois what will founders without the armor get then? have you thought about that or just you and the others that have the armor.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
4/28/2011 0:40:27   
Polandor

That would be great, have an option to wear founder armor for look only (a skin, like AQW), (no stats bonus, no res, no enhancement) when you use another armor.

And wear any armor under it for full bonus.

No imbalance, founder still have the most beautiful armor for ever...

So you guys keep the look for ever, and the armor never have to be buffed.

If you wear the armor alone, you have the full benefit of the founder armor

< Message edited by Polandor -- 4/28/2011 0:41:10 >
Post #: 71
4/28/2011 0:48:33   
Deboise

quote:

Debois what will founders without the armor get then? have you thought about that or just you and the others that have the armor.

You coming from the believe that I think founders deserve something..

i personally do think all founders deserve something...lol but i believe that wont happen..so im past that.

But wearing an armor as a skin as polander suggested is not a founder buff... it would just be a great idea that i support for all armors and players.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
4/28/2011 0:57:03   
uria9

@Snaipera actually we did pay for our founder armor , we have to buy the medium varium package(which cost REAL money) to get the armor ,if it was free everyone would have it now would they ?
Post #: 73
4/28/2011 6:05:26   
jegaggin

i believe if founder gets buffed space warrior E gets buffed we do have the most expensive purchasble armor which is outclassed by bunny borg + 9 and its cheaper -.-

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 74
4/28/2011 7:53:56   
Polandor

quote:

i believe if founder gets buffed space warrior E gets buffed we do have the most expensive purchasble armor which is outclassed by bunny borg + 9 and its cheaper -.-

100% agree to that !
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Ideas for Buffing Founders
Page 3 of 9«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition